Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > General Webcomic Banter
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [73]

"General Webcomic Banter", 14th Feb 2012, 12:24 AM #1
Tukari Silver⚧
formerly C-Fox
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 12th May 2011
Am I even allowed to do this? (NERVES)
Because general chat died and no one wants to hear off topic wank.
I couldn't find a place for it.

I start this because I did not figure Arch and Catters throwing terrible insults at each other whilst trying to end one another would be so much fun to draw and I have no one to tell. ;A;

SO, I'm pretty sure a majority of your characters have minds of their own? What do they get up to? Or even another person's characters?
How far are you at the moment with plot or your current page? Anything bugging you that someone else's experience can help you with?
These kind of questions I suppose, because it's nice to blow off some steam about how late you are or how arms work.
14th Feb 2012, 9:17 AM #2
OnlyFoolsAndVikings♀
User
Registration date: 8th May 2011
*pulls self into the room like a large walrus onto a beach*

I currently have like, four comics sketched out and half inked in my sketch book but I have little or no time to finish them because of bloody wanky school. I have so little time, I can only take a limited amount of breaths each day.

Aghh it's really frustrating.

also, asfdhjkzsaghkjfghah.

What are arms? I only have boneless noodle apendages that aren't capable of drawing today :C
14th Feb 2012, 9:24 AM #3
MaNo♂

Registration date: 11th Nov 2011
At the moment I have about 6 pages in all, but I am trying to find a way of getting my comic noticed and trying to advertise it. I am also wondering if the color in my comic is good enough.
14th Feb 2012, 10:36 AM #4
Fastbro♂

Registration date: 14th May 2011
MaNo:At the moment I have about 6 pages in all, but I am trying to find a way of getting my comic noticed and trying to advertise it.

If you have some spare cash, I reccommend Project Wonderful.
14th Feb 2012, 12:47 PM #5
MaNo♂

Registration date: 11th Nov 2011
Fastbro:
MaNo:At the moment I have about 6 pages in all, but I am trying to find a way of getting my comic noticed and trying to advertise it.

If you have some spare cash, I reccommend Project Wonderful.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
14th Feb 2012, 5:39 PM #6
demontales♂

Registration date: 30th Mar 2011
MaNo:I am also wondering if the color in my comic is good enough.

The coloring of the comic seems fine to me. But I'd suggest having a less saturated background, it's kinda hard on the retina.
14th Feb 2012, 7:44 PM #7
killersteak♂

Registration date: 25th Apr 2011
stuck on a character design. need to script and finalize what will happen in issue 2. need to write down my ideas on what to change for the rest of the overall story. wondering why making webcomics hasnt gotten me any chicks yet.
14th Feb 2012, 8:07 PM #8
Duchre♂

Registration date: 11th Jul 2010
I'm working on my webcomic story plot.

I have a new interesting characters, but she on the other side of the world setting, and I need to develop the characters I have now before I get to her.

Oh, And I have another story growing in my head while I'm at it! Help!!

15th Feb 2012, 1:31 AM #9
Tukari Silver⚧
formerly C-Fox
I had that
I harshly spliced them together making my script 300% more complicated to explain to my comibro.

Why am I being so slow. I really wish I could speed up and get these pages out faster without compromising huge amounts of effort, the moment of triumph is just the best feeling ever :3
fuck you time i do what i want.

MaNo:I am also wondering if the color in my comic is good enough.

Personally I find the colouring fine :3 It might be worth revising your shadow placement though.
15th Feb 2012, 3:04 AM #10
AlenaLane

Registration date: 10th Oct 2011
I wanna advertise my comic, but at the same time my sense of self-loathing is so profound that I don't actually want anyone to look at my shitty art. ><
15th Feb 2012, 3:40 AM #11
xseraphiim♀

Registration date: 31st Jul 2011
AlenaLane:I wanna advertise my comic, but at the same time my sense of self-loathing is so profound that I don't actually want anyone to look at my shitty art. ><
Oh, hush. I think my art sucks even more and that others' works are better than me. That, and I haven't drawn a single page in weeks. .___.;;;
Also, there's also a slight advantage to artists loathing their own art: It makes us want to improve more.

15th Feb 2012, 3:42 AM #12
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
my serious comic characters wander around in a humourous daze and my comedy characters have intricate and deep backstories

what do I dooooo
15th Feb 2012, 3:42 AM #13
Unka John♂

Registration date: 6th Dec 2010
AlenaLane:I wanna advertise my comic, but at the same time my sense of self-loathing is so profound that I don't actually want anyone to look at my shitty art. ><

I happen to think your art is really good.
15th Feb 2012, 4:02 AM #14
Doomy♀

Registration date: 10th May 2011
Uhmz, I promised to start/open my webcomic today but I was actually pretty busy. :|

Lying is nooooot a good start for a new comic.

[Join our Joint Commission Thread!]
15th Feb 2012, 4:27 AM #15
AlenaLane

Registration date: 10th Oct 2011
*blush* Thanks, Unka John. That... actually kinda brightened up my whole night.

And I want to clarify that I didn't mean it as an 'oh, my art is crappy, everyone comfort me!' type of thing (though I guess I am being a bit of a whiny little bitch tonight. Whoops). I just genuinely get embarrassed by the flaws I find in my own work. I'm an awful perfectionist, and tend to feel that if it isn't absolutely amazing (by my own standards), then I don't want to be attached to it. It's something I need to get the hell over. But at the same time, I feel awkward pimping out something that I worry isn't my best work. Like, if I couldn't do it better, why should I demand others look at it...?

I guess I'm in kindof a neurotic head-space lately about my work. Hoping I can eventually make like xseraphiim suggested and channel that anxious energy into something more productive!

As for characters...

I'm in a weird position where I have a limited kind of control over the characters. I don't write my comic (my co-creators Josh and Nat do the scripts), but I draw it. So while I don't dictate the characters actions or dialogue, I have a lot of autonomy over their expressions and appearances. So even if I have no control over what they say, I get a lot of influence over how they say it. I know their faces and expressions pretty intimately at this point, and if I have ideas, I'm free to bounce them off the writers, but the story and the directions the characters all ultimately go in is their show. And while I get snippets of their backstories from conversations about them, I often only know what's going on script-wise a week or so in advance.

Hell, I still haven't gotten the script for this week's update. >>

15th Feb 2012, 2:05 PM #16
Agent0Gecko♀
Team Gecko
Registration date: 12th Mar 2011
I have the first page of the next chapter all inked! This is exciting!
15th Feb 2012, 10:02 PM #17
OnlyFoolsAndVikings♀
User
Registration date: 8th May 2011
staring at a black black and white strip on the computer screen waiting to be coloured for GA's next (eventual) update.

I...

I can't.
15th Feb 2012, 11:40 PM #18
Tukari Silver⚧
formerly C-Fox
must do!
pages to be!
life to bring!

I'm all excited about the next few, end of chapter is about 5 or so pages awaayyyyy
17th Feb 2012, 12:34 AM #19
Hayroon♂

Registration date: 15th Feb 2012
xseraphiim:
Oh, hush. I think my art sucks even more and that others' works are better than me. That, and I haven't drawn a single page in weeks. .___.;;;
Also, there's also a slight advantage to artists loathing their own art: It makes us want to improve more.

I have that problem sometimes, then I erase furiously, very furiously. But it's comforting to think that Mike Mignola, one of the most successful comic book artists out there(Hellboy) has the same problem, and doesn't get why people love his work do much. To be honest, I don't get it either and I love his art. There's just a weird appeal to his offbeat style.

Anywho, I'm planning my comic and taking the plot over with my dialogue writer before I start doing the roughs for scripting, which will probably be soon since I have next week off.
17th Feb 2012, 1:20 AM #20
Fastbro♂

Registration date: 14th May 2011
Thinking of doing another big Fathead story, do you guys think a sleepover plot would be funny?