Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [25]

"Mafia XXI", 4th May 2012, 9:03 AM #1
Thatguy1280
fuck team gecko
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2011
Mafia XXI: The Monastery in the Mountains

Welcome to Mafia XXI!
Sorry for the massively long intro post, but there’s a few things I need to mention.

Basic rules are in here, if you need any more clarification then feel free to ask :D A few things to note:

-Same old, same old: Death by vote during the day phase, mafia get a private kill during the night phase. each phase will last as close to 24 hours as we can manage.
-Role revealing and pming are allowed, however there are... drawbacks for doing so. I’ll get to them a little bit later. A note: Please forward a copy of any pm you send or receive to me.
-Roles are secret. Sorry for keeping you in the dark, but we felt like it so ehhhh
-There are two mafia. There may or may not be a conversion at some point.
-Phase updates will include clues as to the identities of mafia, and (much less frequently) the identities of good guys with roles. Don’t be afraid to over analyse what seems to be flavour, there’s a chance you’ll find something worthwhile. (That one up there /\ has nothing, however)

I’ve probably forgotten something, if you want to know anything, once again feel free to ask. Anyways, onto the new stuff.

Rituals
This is a special type of role, subject to a few special rules. Firstly, these roles may only be used once per game, so choose wisely as to when to use them. Secondly, for a variety of magical reasons, on the night you choose to use them you are immune to all night interaction. Any role that tries to interact with you, including mafia kills, will not be able to find or hit you.

Traits
People have personalities, and I feel like giving them to you. Traits are a new role supplement, of which every person will receive one. Unlike roles, traits can be both positive, negative or mostly useless. They also only have very minor effects, so if you do get a negative trait it shouldn’t be a major disadvantage. As with the roles, the full list of traits is concealed, but I can tell you that almost all traits occur multiple times.

Suspicion
The punishment system. Certain activities, like pming, vegging, role revealing, and a variety of others are considered suspicious. Each adds a certain amount to your suspicion score, and if you stack up enough you may receive punishment. Suspicion levels clear on phase changes, so you do have some room for dalliance. Just don’t push it too far :P

That’s about it, I think. I know we have some new people here, just a note that if you don’t enjoy this game with its new things, try not to avoid future games forever. I wanna see if these work, if they don’t this game may be terrible. The general concept of the games is good fun though :D

Again, if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to ask them in thread or via pm. You should all be receiving (or have already received) a pm with your role and trait.

Players
I’ll try to keep this list up to date with deaths and roles and whatnot
1. Mr. Capps The six fingered man with an eye patch too, Late Rising Villager
2. Tao the Ninja: actually totally a ninja, Reserved Villager
3. MoW; Mad, mad, mad scientist, Guilty Villager, Sunshine Ritual
4. Orangelink; Witchhunter
5. Lee V., Fortune teller, Wizardly Villager
6. ArkAlice, The desu desu anime fangirl, Early to Bed Manipulator
7. xSeraphiim; Super kawaii bloody mistress
8. Paul Stintzi; Crackpot Psychoanalyst
9. Magravan- Joker-esque Clown, Lucky Villager, Resurrection Ritual
10. Kojiru; British Archaeologist, Stealthy Villager
12. Nightsky; The Red-eyed Supernatural Writer, Wordy Godless Mafia
13. Antihero; Town Drunk, Cursed Villager
14. Kanela; necromancer painter
16.Onecanofsprite; Delusional Batman Impostor, Lucky Villager
17. The MuffinMan: Village Baker, Stealthy Villager
18. NekoSuave: Physician that happens to be a Bulbasaur, The Wordy Protector
19. Mushroom; traveling girl with a mushroom hat, Early to Bed Villager
20. Meed; ethics & detective philosopher.
21. Lunaris Victoria, the High Priestess of Haruhi Suzumiya., Late-Rising Vengeful Lover
22. Sabrini Fur: The Wandering Trap
23. Macey; The Mercenary
25. Sleepy, Village Gossiper

7 Players Remaining

26. MatthewJA, High Priest of Nothing in Particular
27. The Horse
4th May 2012, 9:11 AM #2
MatthewJA
MattyJA
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
nya

whoever said it'd be interesting to be in a game drawn by me
now is your chance to find out
4th May 2012, 9:45 AM #3
Thatguy1280
fuck team gecko
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2011
on a side note, neigh
4th May 2012, 11:09 AM #4
Antihero♂
Blurg
Registration date: 8th Nov 2009
Antihero glances around before taking a flask from his pocket. He considers offering it around for a moment, but then thinks better of it, shrugging and taking a swig from the silver container. After a moment of content; eyes half closed as the whiskey slides down his throat, he glances around.

"So... anyone wanna volunteer?"

<_< ... >_>

imageimage
4th May 2012, 11:15 AM #5
Antihero♂
Blurg
On a side note, damn you Matt with your crappy pixelated latin words on your pictures that I can't translate because I don't know if I got the spelling right.

<_< ... >_>

imageimage
4th May 2012, 11:44 AM #6
MatthewJA
MattyJA
Antihero:On a side note, damn you Matt with your crappy pixelated latin words on your pictures that I can't translate because I don't know if I got the spelling right.

"Calidum puellae, habent quaestiones etiam"
and the translation depends on your translation of latin, because it's not perfect
4th May 2012, 11:54 AM #7
Antihero♂
Blurg
"Hot girls have questions too?"

lol

:D

<_< ... >_>

imageimage
4th May 2012, 11:56 AM #8
Sabrini Fur♀
MAGICAL
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
*The Wandering Trap bursts into town, riding on a stream of "her" words. "She" instantly goes around to as many townsfolk as "she" can and introduces "herself".*

"Haaaai! I'm Carolyn. Hi, my name's Carolyn. HERRU! I be Carolyn!"

*She then smiles at them all, and scares a few away with happy*

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
4th May 2012, 12:08 PM #9
MatthewJA
MattyJA
Antihero:"Hot girls have questions too?"

lol

can also be translated as problems
4th May 2012, 12:52 PM #10
Antihero♂
Blurg
MatthewJA:
Antihero:"Hot girls have questions too?"

lol

can also be translated as problems

Well, I think the literal translation I got was "Hot girls, questions have also." I may have paraphrased...

<_< ... >_>

imageimage
4th May 2012, 1:23 PM #11
ArkAlice♀

Registration date: 22nd Dec 2011
ArkAlice the DESU FANGIRL adjusted her bright pink wig and made sure that her purple contact lenses were in correctly. "Um... I don't know who to vote for, so..." She counted up the people and rolled a dice.

"Well, that chooses Kojiru!" She said, happy with the random choice.
4th May 2012, 2:06 PM #12
Sleepy♂

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
Huh. Nobody in town ever mentioned that aspect. You'd think somebody would say something about this church requiring a person's life. But as long as someone has to die...

Capps. Your taxidermy collection is absolutely disturbing. And I think that collection of human scalps looked far too fresh. Off with your head!
4th May 2012, 2:45 PM #13
mushroomisland♀

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2010
Mushroomisland is just a traveler. She followed to see if she would get some money if she helped out with this religious rite thing, but oh no..doesn't look like it was a very nice idea. She readjusts the mushroomhat and looks around the room and the others. That Wandering Trap does look kinda suspicious, being all happy and excited while everyone else is frozen from the possibility of death..

Back with vengeance :P
4th May 2012, 3:10 PM #14
Nightsky♀

Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
As a supernatural red-eyed demon-fennec-fox/writer, I'm willing to guess that no one would ever volunteer. Also, most scenarios involving a sacrifice tend to be the basis of horror stories. But that Latin phrase engraved on the pedestal/alter/whatever it is, along with the weird pictures in the stained glass windows, make it seem much less horror-genre-specific. Although, the constant smiles are probably going to get creepy eventually... Yeesh, I'm starting to regret coming here.

Anyways, I don't want to be responsible for any deaths, but I also doubt anyone would volunteer. I'll have to think some more, I guess. I don't know. I may be a supernatural being, but that doesn't mean I know everything. :P
Avatar by the incredible and super amazing Frosty!! :D
4th May 2012, 4:08 PM #15
Sabrini Fur♀
MAGICAL
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
"So. We have to figure out something...Oooh! I know! That horse! It means something, I'm sure...Hey! Did I introduce myself? I'm Beth! Or was I Carolyn...OH WELL! Anyway, I'm sure we can figure this out. One time, me and my buddy Keith were in a similar predicament. Except, at that time, we had, like, NO way of getting out, so we ended up just running away away. I mean, they shot at us, but Keith knew what to do, and we got into his car. It wasn't just any old car, but a '65 Corvette. Oh yeah...it was nice. leather seats and all...but what was I talking about? Oh yeah! We need to figure this thing out...what was it again? Sorry, I forget things sometimes! But, about my friend Keith..."

*The trap wanders around the crowd while saying this, seeming to address people, but only kind of addressing them. A huge smile is plastered on "her" face, seemingly uncaring that no one is really listening*

"...and then we were attacked by a group of alligators! They didn't seem too dangerous from far away, but up close, they were scary as hell! Are we supposed to be doing something important right now? Oh, hey there! my name's Ruthie! But yo can call me Belle. I like them both. What's your name? Cool! I wonder if they have snacks here..."

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
4th May 2012, 4:16 PM #16
Onecanofsprite♂

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
The strangely dressed man eyed around the room cautiously, folding his arms. He didn't have to follow what they told him. He was Batman, after all. Why would a monastry require sacrifices? A monk is of holy descent and follows laws ruled out by their god, surely. And why just one? It was clear that there was more to this. He raised his hand.

"Batman is not going to vote right now."
4th May 2012, 4:37 PM #17
Lee V.♀

Registration date: 20th May 2011
Alas, it is imperative that we follow their commands, lest a far worse fate befalls us! For I have foreseen the consequences if we should reject our great assignment.

The cards show a great decision before us: the difficult option will prove to be successful, while the easy choice will lead to great disaster. The alignment of the stars demonstrates the magnitude of influence our actions will have, for as many stars as there are in the sky so also are the people who will be affected should we choose wrong. And the runes tell that there is but one way out of the dreadful fate that awaits us.

The crystal ball shows unimaginable chaos if we should fail! Never have I seen such terrors in all my years of gazing! I cannot begin to describe the terrible winged demons ascending from the sky - the fires of a thousand tortured souls blazing through their veins - their one desire being to spread the same agony that afflicts them every second of their pained existence. Or the horrific catastrophes - earthquakes swallowing whole cities into an abyss greater than space itself - the greatest storms to ever befall the world with flaming rains and bitter lightning striking with a malignant and purposeful vengeance. And the blights and diseases! But I must stop, lest your skin begins to burn and break out into a unbearable lumps oozing out your life-force while your extremities stiffen and break and your innards expand painfully only to shrivel down into a tenth of their size as though you were infected with such gruesome ailments just from hearing about them.

Our only hope is to appeal to the gods themselves for aid. And what is but one sacrifice to save millions?

I have read my own palm, and my future is clear. My life line comes quickly to an end. How can I not make the noble choice when my fate is sealed? I shall volunteer myself: voting Lee V..

But I do not fear, for I have served my purposes and I trust the gods will reward me for my great sacrifice.

Also, Tao, be on your guard around fair-haired strangers today. And Macey, take great care in your sock choice tomorrow in order that you might avoid possible financial ruin.

4th May 2012, 4:45 PM #18
Onecanofsprite♂

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
The man that claimed to be Batman pointed a finger at Lee. "Now now, brave citizen, Batman believes your sacrifice isn't entirely necessary. After all, there may be bet-"

He catches sight of a man dressed up as a Joker, and his blood runs thing. No, they couldn't have caught onto his plans already. He had to stop the Jokerz, at all costs. He walked up to the clown threateningly.

"Batman's gonna throttle you Jokerz until your googly little eyes pop out. And then Batman's gonna laugh. Ha ha ha." He said, trying to sound as intimidating as possible.
4th May 2012, 5:02 PM #19
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Referrals: 26
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
Listen, just because you got your costume from the dollar store doesn't mean you get to go around threatening good natured clowns whose are clearly no threat to anyone.

I pick Lee. V, because self-sacrifice is crazy and needs to be purged quickly.
4th May 2012, 6:02 PM #20
mushroomisland♀

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2010
So the Wandering Trap has ADHD and Lee is schizophrenic and suicidal. Mushroomisland feels even more threatened. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

Back with vengeance :P
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XXI
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [25]