"Mafia XXIII", 20th Jun 2012, 12:02 AM #1
Nightsky♀

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
PLAYERS

ROLES

RULES

Day 1
Sixteen people stand on the street talking amongst themselves quietly. There's a strained atmosphere in the air, and several of them glance around occasionally. The silence is only broken at the sound of doors opening, and the talking stops as everyone turns to face doors of the hotel. Standing before the door is a suited woman and a floating fennec fox.

"Thank you all for coming," the fennec fox says, touching down on the ground.

"We've been outside for forty minutes," Meed complains.

"Yeah, yeah, save your complaints for later," the woman says briskly. "My name Lee V., and this is my partner, Nightsky. We're with the FBI and are here to investigate the murder of Detective Dick Jackson." There's a small chorus of gasps and murmuring among the gathered people as the two flash their badges.

"If it's a murder, you should leave it to the local police force," Sabrini says, frowning. "There's no need for the FBI to get involved."

"Actually, there is," Nightsky says darkly. "You see, he actually managed to kill his killer. The body has been identified as a woman by the name of Scarlett Fontaine. She's better known by the name 'Lady Fatale', a top-notch Mafia hitman."

"Mafia hitman?" Frosty speaks up, his eyes wide. "Are you saying there was a contract put out on Jackson!?"

"Yes," Lee says, nodding her head. "We called him to help investigate some leads. Unfortunately, it turns out we were right. There are still two others here."

"I don't like where this is going," Chaz mutters.

"You better not," Nightsky says briskly, frowning. "Jackson's notes were still at the scene of the crime, though they weren't totally legible. Anyways, using them, we've narrowed it down to seventeen suspects—namely, you."

"Seventeen?" Sleepy asks, frowning as he looks around. "There's only sixteen people here."

"Yeah, we spent the past forty minutes looking for the other one," Lee explains. "Her name's Stella. She's the hotel's maid. However, she's vanished without a trace. Not even a photo remains of her. Keep an eye out for her, got it?" The group nods in silence.

"So, I assume you're going to launch an in-depth investigation on everyone's backgrounds and interrogate us," Kojiru says off-handedly. Lee and Nightsky glance at each other.

"Normally, yes," Nightsky says slowly, "But, uh, there's been a budget cut… So, yeah, well… We can't spend money on the usual investigative procedures. Here's how it'll work instead: You're all going to be holed up in the hotel on the first floor. During the day, you'll vote for one person, and they'll be killed. We'll do this until the Mafia is found."

"Wait, what?" Frosty asks, blinking. "Uh, how the hell did you get approval for THAT?"

"Boss's orders," Lee says, shrugging. "Anyways, the bellboy's one of the suspects so he'll take your luggage to your rooms."

"Oh god," Sprite mutters, cringing.

"So we'll be holed up in the hotel, waiting to be killed off?" Claptrap asks, frowning. "Sounds fun."

"Actually, you're free to roam the block during the day," Nightsky interjects. "We've evacuated this block of the city and sectioned it off. No one can get in, and no one can get out. So the bakery, library, general store and nightclub are still open for business."

"Wait, your budget's too small to do background checks but you still have enough money to section off part of the city, including a major hotel and super-popular nightclub?" Nekosuave asks in disbelief. Nightsky frowns, her eyes narrowing. Within seconds, she's suddenly in front of Nekosuave, glaring at the Bulbasaur with red-violet eyes.

"Are you questioning our authority?" she asks, her mouth opening to reveal a full set of pointed, gleaming white teeth. The Bulbasaur shrinks back and shakes her head.

"N-no, of course not," she says. Nightsky nods and turns, gliding back to Lee's side.

"We'll be in the penthouse until sunset," Lee continues. "At that time, everyone will meet in the lobby and you'll have to tell us who you're killing. Got it?" Everyone nods, and Lee turns and walk inside the hotel. Nightsky lingers behind, turning to look over her shoulder.

"Don't even try to leave this city block," she says, her eyes glowing faintly in the shadows created by the awning. "We have agents stationed with orders to shoot on sight." She turns and passes through the doors, leaving the group to decide amongst themselves who will die.

=======
Well, get to voting, everyone! PMs with roles will be sent within the next few minutes.
Avatar by the incredible and super amazing Frosty!! :D
20th Jun 2012, 12:34 AM #2
Meed♂

Registration date: 24th Aug 2011
*Narrows eyebrows as I lay my face down on the table, pint in hand, letting out a low, guttural groan.*

20th Jun 2012, 12:56 AM #3
KoriCongo♂

Registration date: 11th May 2012
Kori is speechless. Somehow they manage to section and entire block just to find some killers. And then leave us to figure out the killers ourselves! This is madness!

Kori then calmed down after drinking some soda, thinking on who to vote.
20th Jun 2012, 1:32 AM #4
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
oc:

The librarian looks around, wearing sunglasses even though everything is noiry and dark.
"Well then." he says. "Interesting group we got here."
He turns and stares at the bellboy. "Nice glasses."
20th Jun 2012, 1:37 AM #5
Sleepy♂

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
Well, when in doubt, try to find a loophole that will allow you to kill the people who are instigating the mob...

Nope. I don't think there's a loophole this time. Oh well.

I think we can safely assume that this Stella is related to the mafia, somehow. Probably one of us or something. We can also safely rule out that it's a hint regarding the mafia's gender; there's only three and a half girls in the suspects list. Five and a half, if you count Nightsky and Lee.

Therefore, the mafia is probably cross-dressing. Fun! ^_^

Also, I notice that we appear to be missing a certain Orangelink from the suspect list. At least I'm safe from the lover this game...

Anyway, due to my deep, detailed, and entirely fictional analysis, I deem the librarian MatthewJA to be the most likely culprit. As for why? No real reason, I just don't really want to go through the headache of trying to figure out what he's up to. Probably not a wise decision, and I wouldn't vote with me if I was someone else, but there you go.
20th Jun 2012, 1:42 AM #6
Chaz GELF♂

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
Chaz heaves a sigh of relief, though how exactly he does this without an obvious mouth or respiratory system is a mystery. "At least my shop's still open for business. Though I won't have many customers for a little while."

He scans the room, his blank eyes surveying the suspects. There's no real indication of who he's looking at, only what direction he's looking in. "Where would that Stella person be, anyways?"
20th Jun 2012, 1:44 AM #7
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
Matthew
20th Jun 2012, 1:46 AM #8
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
There are two people pointing at the librarian. But whose name are they shouting?

"Hey. Stop that."

Frosty
20th Jun 2012, 1:56 AM #9
Chaz GELF♂

Chaz glances at Frosty and Sleepy, and over at Matthew. His antennae twitch, betraying some surprise at Matthew's rather terse reaction to Frosty and Sleepy.

He's mostly acting on gut feeling here (Wait, does he even have guts?) and decides that a reaction like that warrants some suspicion. MatthewJA it is.
20th Jun 2012, 1:58 AM #10
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
I hate you all ;-;
20th Jun 2012, 2:00 AM #11
Chaz GELF♂

((Sorry D: I've just been trying to go by in-character behaviour when in-character posts are involved. It's my first Mafia game so I'm getting used to everything.))
20th Jun 2012, 2:17 AM #12
Sleepy♂

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
... I warned you all that I had absolutely no good reason for voting Matthew, that it probably wasn't a good idea to vote with me, and yet it still takes a mere twenty minutes for a bandwagon to form.

I probably should have expected this. -_-

Time for an experiment. I like to call it "Will people still lynch my choice even if I admit it's totally random?"

Random.org says I should vote for Sabrini_fur. If you have a good reason to stick to voting MatthewJA, feel free to, but I'd like a little more variety in my first day voting, thank you very much.
20th Jun 2012, 2:19 AM #13
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
I assure you, I had already pre-determined that I was going to vote for Matt.
20th Jun 2012, 3:38 AM #14
KoriCongo♂

"Wow. Already going against the librarian. It's the minor roles that are always the killers in these mystery and noir stories, isn't."

My vote goes against Chaz-Gelf. He has no real excuse for voting against Matt. Sleepy was voting randomly and Frosty's was predetermined (Like I said last game, Frosty can hold a grudge. He has his own entry in the Disappropiate Retribution page in TVTropes). And his vote came in 5 mins after Sleepy's vote. If he's mafia then a bandwagon is a good place to hide in. Early bandwagons also lower your suspicion levels. So that's why I'm voting against him.
20th Jun 2012, 3:47 AM #15
Chaz GELF♂

((This is shaping up to be interesting! My reason for voting against Matt, like I acted out when making the vote, was that Matt reacted rather quickly to being voted against, by voting against the person who voted for him. This being my first Mafia game, I have no idea who has a grudge against who, and felt, in-character at least, that a knee-jerk reaction to being voted against was grounds for suspicion. My vote against him stands, for that reason.))
20th Jun 2012, 4:33 AM #16
The Muffinman♂

Registration date: 26th Nov 2011
(first day is random voting day)
"Hmm, well if you wanted someone who could blend in with the crowd, who better than an actress. With this thought in mind I accuse you, Rokulily, of being one of the mafia." With my piece, said I head back to my bakery so that I may make delicious confections, baking comfort food helps the nerves as much as eating them.
20th Jun 2012, 4:36 AM #17
Chaz GELF♂

((Whoops, my bad. D: I wasn't quite sure how to go about voting on the first day, didn't realise the first day was a random vote. I was just going by the rule on the rules thread that says not to vote at random))
20th Jun 2012, 4:44 AM #18
KoriCongo♂

Really? Sheesh, no wonder everyone hates abstaining on the first day. Randomness over logic I guess.
20th Jun 2012, 4:46 AM #19
The Muffinman♂

Registration date: 26th Nov 2011
(OH no that's just my personal thing, not the official thing. Although technically at this point it really doesn't matter why, there is no evidence so even those with reasons are random votes at their core.)
20th Jun 2012, 5:48 AM #20
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Chaz GELF:((This is shaping up to be interesting! My reason for voting against Matt, like I acted out when making the vote, was that Matt reacted rather quickly to being voted against, by voting against the person who voted for him. This being my first Mafia game, I have no idea who has a grudge against who, and felt, in-character at least, that a knee-jerk reaction to being voted against was grounds for suspicion. My vote against him stands, for that reason.))

((Ehh, I usually vote the first day, I just couldn't decide who. Then Sleepy and Frosty voted me, and I didn't want to vote Sleepy, but Frosty on the other hand a) screwed me over last game and b) said two games ago that he wouldn't take the game very seriously in future, so my choice was obvious - that is, not a knee jerk ;p))

Chaz GELF:((Whoops, my bad. D: I wasn't quite sure how to go about voting on the first day, didn't realise the first day was a random vote. I was just going by the rule on the rules thread that says not to vote at random))

((You can vote however you like on any day, just don't go random every day because it is irritating. Generally there's not much to go on first day - so people either wait until others vote, abstain, vote randomly, or vote based on past incidents - If Sleepy hadn't explained his reasons already I would have said he was voting me because I tend to do really random shit when I'm mafia and it's hard to work through; Frosty voted me because she is a terrible person; more examples include Macey being killed day one last game because she had a tendency to not play properly in the past))

((If it sounds to you like we're going off past games a lot, don't worry too much, that's just how it sounds ;p))

((Brackets are fun))