Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Mafia XXIV - Game Thread!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XXIV - Game Thread!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [13]

"Mafia XXIV - Game Thread!", 20th Jul 2012, 6:47 AM #1
Kojiru♂

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 20th Jul 2011
PLAYER LIST:

ROLES:

RULES:

The scientist from before looked up at the building in front of him, a hospital in appearance, but it was much more. Entering the doorway, he paced towards the elevator, taking a badge out of his pocket and inserting it under the button for the ground floor. A beep was heard as the doors shut and it descended approximately 5 more floors. As the doors opened, he went forward and opened the wooden door in front of him, entering the room for what would be his most greatest reveal of all, his prized invention.

As the 17 special invitees entered the room, charts and signs could be seen strewn about. A white cover over some sort of glass box would stand out the most, while comfy chairs with cup holders seemed to call the visitors over. As everyone started getting seated, elsewhere in the building a small device was blinking, its noise obscured by the A/C running in the vents.

As the last visitors trickled in and took their seats, a man stepped out from the side of the room, dressed in a white coat and jeans. With black hair and brown eyes, he looked around the audience before clearing his throat. "Ladies and gentlemen of the scientific and political communities. I am sure you are wondering what this invitation was about, and why you needed clearance to get inside the building." he said, pacing back and forth a few feet. "Its because, with clearance from the FBI, CIA, and the President, a new tool in the war against Espionage and Spying has been invented. A tool, that if used to its fullest potential, can eliminate the threat of corruption inside a country forever." He finished, as he lifted the sheet to reveal...well, nothing.

Or so it seemed, as he touched the middle of the box and lifted his finger back up, a small dot could be seen on it, as a television rose from the left side of the room, displaying the audience. "Behold, the iSpy. Not only is it a camera, but also a listening device and a tracking device, all in the size of a small ant." As he finished, he moved it about, allowing those in the audience to see that it was not just a trick. The picture moved just as the scientist did, the monitor turning off and disappearing from whence is came as he placed it back in the box.

As the explanation started, the device from before suddenly turns green, and an explosion was heard. The room seemed to shake as the lights faded out, darkness enveloping the room. "NO!" A manly scream could be heard as seconds past, then over a full minute, before a humming sound was heard, and the lights finally came back on.

The scientist who gave the presentation was dead, sprawled on the ground as two knives protruded from his chest, the glass box shattered on the ground. Upon closer inspecting, the tell tale black dot in the middle of the case was gone, the device must have been stolen. Suddenly, the doors clicked and locked, the windows sealed shut and security lasers covered the vents. "Executive Order 45 is in place. No one may leave the premises until we find out who killed Doctor Kojiru and where the iSpy has gone." a voice rang from the speakers as suddenly, a door opened to their side.

Upon entering the new area, the group would find a very numerous amount of laboratories set up, quite spacious and somewhat homey. Each laboratory was equipped with a gray steel door, and a red light above the door itself. "These will be your quarters. Some of you may find some of them to be...Helpful, in your endeavors. They come with full automated food and beverage service as well." the voice ended as a speaker click was heard and silence over took the room. As each person inspected their room, the light above them turned green, and their name was displayed next to the door.

"As you start suspecting one another and...'voting' people off, the light will turn red and the door will be locked, to prevent any tampering of evidence during the day. At night, the doors will also be locked, but I have a sneaking suspicious that it won't stop some of you from getting out..." the voice said with a coy tone as a maniacal laugh was heard and the intercom was suddenly silenced. It was now up to the remaining survivors to do what the mysterious man would not. Find the Mafia, and get back the iSpy.

Kojiru has been killed! He was the Inventor!

Start chatting and voting now! This phase will last approximately 24 hours!

(P.S. Let me know if the picture causes you guys to have trouble loading the page, it gave me issues when I tried to re-size it. >.>)

you are so totally mafia Kojiru - MatthewJA

20th Jul 2012, 6:49 AM #2
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
NOOOOOOO, KOJIRU
we will treasure your manliness in our memories forever

Can I request a role list + player list + rule list in this thread?

e: are you referring to the day phase picture? :U
20th Jul 2012, 6:51 AM #3
Kojiru♂

Registration date: 20th Jul 2011
Done, and yes. I don't think It would, but I fussed with it so much it could be broken.

you are so totally mafia Kojiru - MatthewJA

20th Jul 2012, 7:05 AM #4
Chaz GELF♂

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
Chaz GELF looks around his lab. He sighs. Once again he's locked in a place of cold, calculating science. But hey, it's not all bad, at least this time he's not being experimented on, so that must count for something, right?

He looks around at all the other folks in the facility. As always, his blank eyes don't give away who he's looking at, though his antennae twitch occasionally as he tries to figure things out in his head. His eyes might have been glowing when the lights went out, but he couldn't see a thing.

After deliberating for a little while, he decides to place his vote for KoriCongo.

(Start of the game, and it's just my second time, so I'm placing a random vote until we find out more.)
20th Jul 2012, 8:25 AM #5
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Registration date: 1st Sep 2010
Eh, we killed KoriCongo first last time, I say we let him have some air in his lungs first.

Place holder on rokulily
20th Jul 2012, 9:39 AM #6
rokulily♀

Registration date: 18th Apr 2011
as the resident dr. lawyer, i find your case lacking and no laws being used. this causes me to believe that you are in currant use of chaos theory. do you have a permit?
20th Jul 2012, 11:55 AM #7
Sleepy♂

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
Permits are issued on the first day for randomness.

That said, I think I'll vote for OCOS. He's been vegging in my bastard game, and while that's probably because of the kind of game it is, he's still vegging.

As long as someone has to go, it might as well be the person who has a lower chance of participating.
20th Jul 2012, 1:42 PM #8
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Referrals: 26
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
I agree with Paul to let Kori have a chance to play this round... He's never going to get any better if he keeps dying round 1. And I agree with Sleepy. Sprite's been vegging lately, which is as good a reason as any for first day voting.
20th Jul 2012, 1:46 PM #9
Lee V.♀

Registration date: 20th May 2011
It's a tracking device, so why don't we try to figure out how this equipment works so we can just find where it is? It looks like it starts working when it's taken out of the box, and since it's new, most likely whover stole it doesn't know how to use it, so I doubt they would be able to figure out how to turn off the tracking capability.

In the mean time, I'm voting MatthewJA. Because I don't want to vote for any of the new players yet, and he's probably played the most games out of everyone here.
20th Jul 2012, 2:21 PM #10
busbymitch♂

Registration date: 15th Jul 2012
Lee V.:It's a tracking device, so why don't we try to figure out how this equipment works so we can just find where it is? It looks like it starts working when it's taken out of the box, and since it's new, most likely whover stole it doesn't know how to use it, so I doubt they would be able to figure out how to turn off the tracking capability.

Maybe we should hazard a guess as to how it transmits data...any ideas?

Also, I am going to vote for Sprite, mainly because I don't know anyone yet, and random.randint(1,20) returned 7.
20th Jul 2012, 3:16 PM #11
Onecanofsprite♂

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
Magravan:I agree with Paul to let Kori have a chance to play this round... He's never going to get any better if he keeps dying round 1. And I agree with Sleepy. Sprite's been vegging lately, which is as good a reason as any for first day voting.

I've been watching the game thread very closely, I just have literally no leads.

Also, for possibly the 5th time, I rarely EVER vote anyways. Why? Because most of the time I'm uncertain and don't like to contribute to deaths. If you've failed to recognise this after all this time, you're the one that deserves to be lynched for lack of meta knoweledge regarding players.

Voting rokulily to save my ass. I can already tell this isn't ending well for me.
20th Jul 2012, 3:43 PM #12
Sivrus♂

Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Not knowing who to vote, as I have not learned the behaviors of several players depending on their roles, I choose not to vote without any proper knowledge. (I can do that right?)

Nobody has been voted.
20th Jul 2012, 3:59 PM #13
Sleepy♂

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
You are allowed to not vote. By default, if you fail to indicate a choice, you are voting nobody. It's considered polite to indicate such if you do not have anybody you wish to vote for.

For example: Voting nobody.

Switch back to voting OCOS, since that was just an example.

Speaking of which, OCOS, there's a significant difference between choosing not to vote most of the time and not saying anything at all. And, frankly, if there are "no leads", I'm doing something wrong, or people aren't looking hard enough.

I can understand why you might not choose to vote most of the time, OCOS, even if I personally disagree with your strategy. Voting is the main tool the village has, and it should be used, even if you're not quite sure who to use it on.

But as is, I can't tell whether you're paying attention or vegging most of the time, and I'm going to assume vegging until proven otherwise. Either way, being completely silent does nothing for the town. Hence, why I'm voting you right now.
20th Jul 2012, 4:29 PM #14
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Onecanofsprite:
Magravan:I agree with Paul to let Kori have a chance to play this round... He's never going to get any better if he keeps dying round 1. And I agree with Sleepy. Sprite's been vegging lately, which is as good a reason as any for first day voting.

I've been watching the game thread very closely, I just have literally no leads.

Also, for possibly the 5th time, I rarely EVER vote anyways. Why? Because most of the time I'm uncertain and don't like to contribute to deaths. If you've failed to recognise this after all this time, you're the one that deserves to be lynched for lack of meta knoweledge regarding players.

Voting rokulily to save my ass. I can already tell this isn't ending well for me.

Here's the thing... That makes you USELESS to the Town. You sit back and say nothing and do nothing, you're a vegetable garden that the Mafia can hide in. I'd rather someone out there who is talking, giving me insight and helping to vote, even if they end up wrong.

And how is that even fun? When I went power vegger survivalist to protest the role, it was the most boring game I ever played.

Edit: Or what Sleepy said.
20th Jul 2012, 4:42 PM #15
FrozenSCV

Registration date: 10th Jul 2012
Currently we have no leads as to what could move towards even a possible hint. I believe that it is currently pointless to assume. Aside from purely meta-gaming, which I had assumed would be poor sportsmanship, I think I will choose to not vote until further evidence has been clarified.

I would like to continue on Lee V.'s thoughts about how we might be able to track the device. It was built for what I understand to be surveillance, that should be rather simple to find in such enclosed quarters. Even if they had the lens covered I doubt they would be able to easily cancel the microphone that is built into the device.
20th Jul 2012, 4:45 PM #16
Chaz GELF♂

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
Magravan:I agree with Paul to let Kori have a chance to play this round... He's never going to get any better if he keeps dying round 1.

Wait, weren't you paying attention to Mafia XXIII? KoriCongo made it to the Epliogue along with you and me. I think he knows what he's doing by this point.

20th Jul 2012, 4:46 PM #17
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
It's entirely metagaming, especially the first day... The only hints are in how people are playing, and the things that they say.

Chaz GELF:
Magravan:I agree with Paul to let Kori have a chance to play this round... He's never going to get any better if he keeps dying round 1.

Wait, weren't you paying attention to Mafia XXIII? KoriCongo made it to the Epliogue along with you and me. I think he knows what he's doing by this point.

He died round one in Sleepy's game, and if everyone jumped on him this round, he'd die again on the first round, which is what I was getting at.
20th Jul 2012, 4:47 PM #18
FrozenSCV

Magravan:It's entirely metagaming, especially the first day... The only hints are in how people are playing, and the things that they say.

I guess I'm just too used to tabletop rpgs where metagaming is incredibly frowned upon
20th Jul 2012, 4:47 PM #19
FrozenSCV

Magravan:It's entirely metagaming, especially the first day... The only hints are in how people are playing, and the things that they say.

I guess I'm just too used to tabletop rpgs where metagaming is incredibly frowned upon
20th Jul 2012, 4:48 PM #20
Nightsky♀

Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
I'm abstaining this time around, like usual. No evidence of the Mafia yet; there's only a 2/17 chance of getting one right off the bat.
Avatar by the incredible and super amazing Frosty!! :D
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XXIV - Game Thread!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [13]