Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Comic Rocket Teams Up with ComicFury
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

"Comic Rocket Teams Up with ComicFury", 31st Jul 2012, 8:15 PM #1
Comic-Rocket

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 20th Jul 2012
COMIC ROCKET TEAMS UP WITH COMICFURY TO INDEX OVER 9000 WEBCOMICS
Comic Rocket will index comics hosted on ComicFury

Portland, OR (July 30th, 2012) -- Comic Rocket, the web's best place to find, follow and read webcomics, has partnered with webcomics host ComicFury to increase its listings dramatically. Comic Rocket users will now have an impressively large list of webcomics at their fingertips. The two companies have agreed for Comic Rocket to post continuous updates from ComicFury's listings of 6,276 online comics adding on to its own index of 2,777. The influx of new works puts Comic Rocket's total of indexed strips at 9,053 and moves the company closer towards becoming the ultimate way to read and bookmark webcomics.

"This agreement makes perfect sense for both companies," said Comic Rocket's CEO Tim Shields. "We get to more than triple our listings and the webcomics hosted on ComicFury get traffic and attention from our rapidly-growing reader base."

ComicFury offers free web space to creators to post their work as well as easy-to-use tools to help maintain and display their comics. Additionally, ComicFury offers forums where users can congregate and help each other. Creators can concentrate on the important parts of making their comics instead of the technical details. ComicFury hosts noted webcomics including Supermassive Black Hole A*, Aethernaut, Mushroom Go, and The Other Grey Meat.

The two companies look forward to working together. ComicFury's creators will benefit from the increase to their readership giving wider exposure to their comics. Comic Rocket will offer access to the entire archives of all comics on ComicFury as well as give strong recommendations that will help guide readers directly to comics that are sure to interest them. Comic Rocket's high engagement levels, averaging at over 13 minutes per session, will carry over to ComicFury as users that are very likely to stay and read.

ABOUT COMIC FURY

ComicFury is a free webcomics host with tools that help users set up and easily manage a website for their webcomic without any technical knowledge. It also has populated forums for user support and free exposure on the site. ComicFury's websites are completely customizable so that users can create their own layout with tons of optional settings, an author blog feature, RSS feeds and a comment system. Users can even add their own domains! Feel the Fury at www.comicfury.com.

ABOUT COMIC ROCKET

Comic Rocket is a new breed of free webcomic reader that helps people find, follow, read and bookmark their favorite online comics as well as access their complete archives and connect with friends while doing it. Started in 2011 as a member of the Portland Seed Fund's first class, the company is focused on making access to the web's best comics priority number one. Use the site at www.comic-rocket.com. Follow Comic Rocket on twitter @mycomicrocket or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/comicrocket.
31st Jul 2012, 8:37 PM #2
Barreytor♂

Registration date: 6th Jun 2011
That sounds pretty good. Will Comic Rocket automatically catch the banners, or we'll still have to e-mail them?
Still looking forward to seeing Comic Rocket have a Subscription RSS feature like the one here at ComicFury, that says "Hey this comic updated".
31st Jul 2012, 8:53 PM #3
mushroomisland♀

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2010
HEEEY I see my comic there :D

and I did have a question: does it offer any services to give exposure to comics? (paid or free)

Back with vengeance :P
31st Jul 2012, 9:10 PM #4
Doomy♀

Registration date: 10th May 2011
Oooh do we need to sign up to edit our comic's info?

Signing up anyway cause this is awesome. :O

31st Jul 2012, 10:34 PM #5
Kyo♂
I got to choose mine
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
They asked me if I wanted to contribute a quote to the press release. Then they didn't use it!

"When I met Jamey, the first thing I noticed was his astonishing hazel-colored eyes. How could you not get lost in them? I immediately agreed to his offer, though I admit I wasn't really listening at the time. Then he made me program an API. He's so gorgeous."
31st Jul 2012, 10:43 PM #6
Draginbeard♂

Registration date: 22nd Jan 2012
I didnt know about comic rocket until l heard about the merge. This all sounds really really cool! Time to go check out a rocket!
31st Jul 2012, 10:49 PM #7
locnes

Registration date: 23rd Jun 2012
This is cool news. I wonder if it will detract from the subscription service that is already offered here on ComicFury? (Just curious to see how things will pan out). ComicRocket is pretty cool though. I 'be been using it to keep track of all the webcomics I read. Here's to possibilities :)
"yes", 31st Jul 2012, 10:57 PM #8
jenffer♀
Some of us are born lucky
Registration date: 10th Jan 2010
yessssssssssssss !!!!!!! yeah !!!!!!!!!!! i time to join and get more readers ah ahah ah !!!then i will rule the wwrold !!
31st Jul 2012, 11:05 PM #9
Lady Jean♀

Registration date: 16th Jun 2012
Wow, this opens up a whole new reader base! Cheers for the team up!
31st Jul 2012, 11:16 PM #10
Chaz GELF♂

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
Thanks ComicRocket! :D I look forward to seeing if I get more readers from this!
31st Jul 2012, 11:19 PM #11
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
HOW EXCITING

now to email you a banner
31st Jul 2012, 11:21 PM #12
MediocreMind♂

Registration date: 22nd May 2012
Whoa, that's pretty much awesome.

New readers are always a good thing!

Just in time for me to be able to get back to uploading comics!
31st Jul 2012, 11:22 PM #13
OnlyFoolsAndVikings♀
User
Registration date: 8th May 2011
Kyo:They asked me if I wanted to contribute a quote to the press release. Then they didn't use it!

"When I met Jamey, the first thing I noticed was his astonishing hazel-colored eyes. How could you not get lost in them? I immediately agreed to his offer, though I admit I wasn't really listening at the time. Then he made me program an API. He's so gorgeous."

I meant to like that post :c but then I disliked it.

I didn't think you should be left pondering what I meant by both liking and disliking a post so I thought I'd just point it out :U
"just", 31st Jul 2012, 11:24 PM #14
jenffer♀
Some of us are born lucky
Registration date: 10th Jan 2010
we here at jenffer's show just put our link there .....
31st Jul 2012, 11:30 PM #15
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Referrals: 26
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
Yay! We get mentioned in press releases! :D Now to get Kyo to say my eyes are dreamy...
31st Jul 2012, 11:32 PM #16
Zomburai♂

Registration date: 21st Nov 2010
This is pretty boss. I met one of Comic Rocket's reps at ECCC '12, and the guy was total class. I think this is a great thing for ComicFury!

Shame about Kyo's quote not getting used, though.

31st Jul 2012, 11:33 PM #17
TheOneBlueGecko♀
Team Gecko
Registration date: 14th Feb 2012
Cool, cool. The interface for reading looks nice. Would be interesting to see how many new banners he gets today.
31st Jul 2012, 11:49 PM #18
Unka John♂

Registration date: 6th Dec 2010
okay, who's going to break the news to Pikachu that we've joined Team Rocket?
31st Jul 2012, 11:57 PM #19
Kupocake

Registration date: 14th Mar 2012
Sweet! Emailed the banner for Cans of Beans. : D
Updates Tuesdays!
1st Aug 2012, 12:00 AM #20
Rollo♂

Registration date: 21st Jun 2011
And this shall be our manifesto:

To protect the world from devastation,
To unite all people within our nation,
To denounce the evil of truth and love,
To extend our reach to the stars above.

The streets shall flow with the blood of non-believers.

Where do we go to collect our uniforms, bishie hair and roses?