You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XXVI - The Game
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [59]

"Mafia XXVI - The Game", 1st Sep 2012, 5:00 AM #1
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 1st Sep 2010

Welcome to the Mafia XXVI game thread. By now you should have made yourself aware of the rules posted in the signup thread and have an idea for the game mechanics. Remember to bold your votes.

Rules:

Players:

Some back-story.

It's a Saturday morning in Comicfuryville, everything is disturbingly quiet. A few people have left town out of sheer disturbedness with the quietness. The same cannot be said about the surrounding areas. The Comicfuryville police have been called out of the city to help contain the riots and violence in the other districts. All but one, who by order has hidden their identity to protect themselves from any unforseen criminal activity.

But of course, that would never happen to a place like this, right? Unheard of. In fact, this place is so quiet that it would be the last place a person would look for criminals.

All of this foreshadowing is just to give you the idea that this is a very poorly structured town and not geared for a Mafia invasion.

Friday night. A black car pulls into Comicfuryville out of Dogton. The quiet streetlamps cast their ricocheting gaze across the glazed paint job. It looked like any other limousine that the city's board members used in order to get from place to place. However, this limousine contained 5 distinct individuals. Kingpins of the Dogton mafia. They entered Comicfuryville with a plan and with the means. They were convincing doppelgangers to five board members, and they did their homework. The limousine stopped 5 times, and in the consuming quiet of the night 5 board members were killed and their identities assumed. The driver took it into his/her hands to be a little overeager in the exacting of the plan. The limousine stopped at a sixth house, the house of board member Fubar. By some odd luck Fubar happened to be on the phone with an old friend when the car pulled up. He ventured over to the shades of his window and peered out into the street. There he could see the car and a figure he recognized walking up to his house.

"Oh I am sorry Paul, I have to go. Another board member just showed up, probably wants to split a scotch or something of the sort."

It's a Saturday morning in Comicfuryville, everything is disturbingly quiet. The newspaper silenced anyone not sleeping in.

"Board member Fubar Finnington found dead on his lawn today, sources say he was walking out to his lawn with a beer bottle when he tripped and fell, skewering his eye and shrapneling his brain. I happen to know that this was no accident, Fubar was on the phone with me when he said that a fellow board member showed up at his place, which lines up with the time of death reported by Comicfuryville's new coroner Dr. Beth Deathington. Dr. Deathington was brief on the subject of Fubar's strange beer bottle murder, but did offer us a statement:

"Well, alcohol him unfit to serve in the next board meeting"

Board members are being pressured to take justice into their own hands in their daily board meetings until they discover the perp who did this. Dr. Deathington suggested that the glass shrapnel patterns were similar to those found in the dealings of the Mafia and suggested that there are probably several of them and that the board members are totally screwed.

In other, related news, Comicfuryville has a new coroner! Finally Stiff Hanson has stepped down from the position after amusing criminal charges were threatened.

Dr. Beth Deathington, PhD in Medicine and part time sock knitter has taken up residence in the ComicFuryville morgue as the city's new coroner. Dr. Deathington recently handled an investigation involving a deadly blaze in a florist shop the next town over. She discovered that the culprits had been neighboring friars who were jealous of the florist's recent success. Dr. Deathington offered a statement to the shaken town: "Remember, only you can prevent florist friars".

Yes, that would have to do. Paul reflected on the previous night, if only Fubar had stayed on the line a little longer, maybe he'd know who the attacker was. Paul was always considered an estranged journalist who seemed to always find himself both arms deep whenever the rare occurrence arose. People say he just has bad mojo. He was once on his way to see the mayor when the mayor happened to fall and stub his face. But this time it hit hard, it would be up to Paul to educate the people of the horrendous events about to transpire.

He wasn't the journalist Comicfuryville wanted, he was the journalist it could afford.

THE ROLES

Hooker
Aligned with the mafia, this player may choose one player per night to block the night role of. In a tied vote, the hooker always wins.

Driver
Aligned with the mafia, this player chooses a player and a second player. If the first player has a visiting role, their visit is unwittingly diverted to the second player and the role is used on them (The player does not realize the destination's changed). If driving a non visiting role, it is still a visit but no role action goes through. The Driver is not seen by the Watcher.

Strongman
Aligned with the mafia, once in the game this player can ensure the success of a mafia kill.

Yakuza
Aligned with the mafia, this player can choose one player at night once to convert into mafia, but dies in the process. Conversion visit cannot be tracked.

Godfather
Aligned with the mafia, this player does the visiting when the mafia orders a kill. Appears innocent to the cop.

Doctor
Aligned with the town, this player can choose one player each night to preserve the life of.

Cop
Aligned with the town, may investigate one player each night and learn their alignment.

Tracker
Aligned with the town, may choose one player each night to follow and learns who they visit.

Watcher
Aligned with the town, chooses one player each night to watch and learn who visits them.

Governor's Cousin
Aligned with the town, uses connections with the government in order to nullify or overturn a lynch before it takes place ONCE in the game by messaging the host before phase close.

Oracle
Aligned with the town, can choose one person each night to pursue. When the oracle dies, the last person pursued's alignment will be revealed to the town.

Mayor
Aligned with the town, the Mayor is able to place a second anonymous vote during the day by messaging the host.

Paul Cosplayer
Aligned with the town, the Paul Cosplayer thinks they are the host and may send any role an anonymous message once a night phase. They may only send one name in each message and it may not be their own. These messages will be rewritten by Paul as needed.

Bulletproof
Aligned with the town, is able to survive one night attack without a scratch

Ghost
Aligned with the town, the ghost appears to self as a Villager. After death, they become a ghost and may kill one player the following night phase. Wins with the town.

Sleepwalker
Aligned with the town, appears to self as a Villager. Each night phase they randomly visit another player.

Villager
Aligned with the town, these players do not have special roles. Win with the town, lynch all the mafia!

Role PMs are on the way.
1st Sep 2012, 5:06 AM #2
MatthewJA
MattyJA
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
FUBAR NOOOOOOO

Also have fun sending out 30 role PMs, that is always fun.
1st Sep 2012, 5:07 AM #3
Nightsky♀

Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
I actually laughed at our new coroner's puns. I'm afraid what her next few reports will include...
Avatar by the incredible and super amazing Frosty!! :D
1st Sep 2012, 5:10 AM #4
OnlyFoolsAndVikings♀
User
Registration date: 8th May 2011
no one will ever get tired of death related puns in this game!
1st Sep 2012, 5:27 AM #5
darkening♂

Registration date: 18th Aug 2012
I hope I get some good puns about me when I die :)
1st Sep 2012, 5:30 AM #6
Torbik♂

Registration date: 5th Aug 2012
As long as you aren't just lion around I'm sure we'll have some meaterial to work with :D

When all else fails, hit it with a shovel!
1st Sep 2012, 5:36 AM #7
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Registration date: 1st Sep 2010
MatthewJA:Also have fun sending out 30 role PMs, that is always fun.

That was maddening.

All role PMs are sent. Please PM me if you have not received a role PM or if you have any questions regarding your role.

Let the voting and mafia commence.

1st Sep 2012, 5:47 AM #8
Nightsky♀

Heh, I guess having 30 players to PM IS a downside.

I want to abstain, but last game it nearly got me killed on day one... ;_;
1st Sep 2012, 5:48 AM #9
Sabrini Fur♀
MAGICAL
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
Can I vote OFools?

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
1st Sep 2012, 5:50 AM #10
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Referrals: 26
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
I vote Nig-.. Nevermind :D

One thing to say, Oracle, don't out. They have the Strongman, so if you happen to be on something useful to the Town, they can kill it off regardless. In fact, I wouldn't even Orc someone until either the Strongman has used their ability or the Doctor is dead, and it wouldn't matter anyway.
1st Sep 2012, 5:57 AM #11
The Muffinman♂

Registration date: 26th Nov 2011
I don't know how much time I'll have to get on tomorrow, so I'll just vote now. rolled a 1, Mr Capps
1st Sep 2012, 6:03 AM #12
Sabrini Fur♀
MAGICAL
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
I vote Darkening. I always have a feeling it's a Newb, and one of these times it has to be right, right?

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
1st Sep 2012, 6:03 AM #13
MatthewJA
MattyJA
ok, day one voting, abstain and die

here is the list of people, along with reasons why I am not voting for them

Elayne, Magravan, Claptrap, Cynica, MaNo, Gecko, Torbik, Muffinman, Nightsky, Sabrini, Xsera, Rollo, Neko, Feniix, Frosty, Rokulily, Loungegecko, Fast- wait, Fathead. wut, elliot

That is a bloody long list. :P

You will notice I haven't voted yet!
Excellent observational skills.

Placeholder on MaNo for being the closest thing to a non-AJ vegetable in the last game.
1st Sep 2012, 6:05 AM #14
Magravan♂
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Referrals: 26
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
I vote for Matt for having people he wont vote for... And me not being on that list >.> But I will switch to the first person who abstains!
1st Sep 2012, 6:07 AM #15
darkening♂

:(. please don't lynch me day one? heh. The random number gods seem to want me to kill Mano, so that is who I shall vote for!
1st Sep 2012, 6:08 AM #16
MatthewJA
MattyJA
Capps - 1 (Muffinman)
Darkening - 1 (Sabrini)
MaNo - 2 (MatthewJA, darkening)
Matthew - 1 (Magravan)
Elayne - 1 (Ranger)

and hey I figured that I am the only person I know is not mafia
so I have good reason to not vote for myself
1st Sep 2012, 6:13 AM #17
Nightsky♀

Ah crap. Guess abstaining really IS out of the question for now. -_-;

I'm disappointed you crossed yourself off the list, Matt. You have a strong history of being Mafia; your luck keeps you from being above suspicion.
1st Sep 2012, 6:13 AM #18
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
Voting Elayne.

A while back, for the heck of it, I skimmed the first nine Werewolf games.

I realized that in WW 6, my first game, the wolves occupied slots 3 and 6, so my thought was to randomly start voting/lynching slots 3/6/9/12/15 and so on--at least, until I had something better to work off of.

Also, looking at the roles, somebody's been playing way too much EpicMafia.

One fact which isn't very well-known about me, Ranger, however, is that I was once among EpicMafia's elite players, back when I still found the site tolerable. (It's become a joke in these last...oh, probably two, three, maybe even by now four years.)
1st Sep 2012, 6:19 AM #19
Torbik♂

Registration date: 5th Aug 2012
Wow, there are a LOT of options for random esque day one votes...

I guess I'll go with OCOS for a placeholder, just because I forgot to give him an honorary one last game.

When all else fails, hit it with a shovel!
1st Sep 2012, 6:20 AM #20
darkening♂

man, it's important to go back and look for edits in people's posts in this, isn't it? heh. you don't pick up on that as much when reading a completed one.