Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Character Battle: Between Fights

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Character Battle: Between Fights
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [86]

"Character Battle: Between Fights", 12th Oct 2012, 3:34 PM #1
CynicaIdealist♂

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
Alrighty folks, this is the thread where we get the names of who might be interested in doing the events taking place between our characters trying to murder each other. When I get a list of people who are interested, I'll make a webcomic and make everyone on the list an author of it.

Of course, we actually need a nice name for the webcomic-- any suggestions? (Voting/new suggestions, I think, should close in 36 hours. That way it doesn't drag on too long and everyone can just get their authorship.)

Once the webcomic is actually up, go wild. I personally think it would be wise to make different chapters for different characters, so people can focus on one at a time when reading; that's just me, though... what do you all think? (voting for this will end at the same time-- 36 hours from now.)

Some quick ground-rules I think would be wise to follow:

1. This is a collabrative webcomic, but that doesn't mean you can just randomly use other people's characters; get their permission first, or better yet, try and work on the page together.

2. Uh... have fun?

3. ???

4. Profit!
12th Oct 2012, 4:54 PM #2
FPB♂

Registration date: 4th Oct 2010
Heh, why not? But what we could also do is post as in battles, except peacefully. Sort of.

e.g. like some sort of roleplay but with images. And nothing at stake.
12th Oct 2012, 5:22 PM #3
CynicaIdealist♂

FPB:Heh, why not? But what we could also do is post as in battles, except peacefully. Sort of.

e.g. like some sort of roleplay but with images. And nothing at stake.

Exactly! :D
12th Oct 2012, 5:32 PM #4
Sabrini Fur♀
MAGICAL
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
I'm game!

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
12th Oct 2012, 8:41 PM #5
CynicaIdealist♂

Alrighty then, lét's get a list started:

CynicaIdealist

FPB

Sabrini Fur

Deo

RINKEL

LooeyQ

Barreytor

OCOS

ThatPaintLover

Biophysicist
12th Oct 2012, 9:23 PM #6
Onecanofsprite♂

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
Well, what plot are we going to base this off? We could have all the villains team up to try and stop the heroes. If it goes like that, I'm in.
12th Oct 2012, 9:27 PM #7
Sabrini Fur♀
MAGICAL
Registration date: 16th Feb 2012
My dude's a villain overlord. I dunno how that'd work. He doesn't get along with others...

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
12th Oct 2012, 10:14 PM #8
Deo♂

Registration date: 30th Sep 2011
I'M IN!!

12th Oct 2012, 10:19 PM #9
Rinkel♀

Registration date: 24th May 2012
Count me in as well! :D
12th Oct 2012, 11:03 PM #10
Centcomm♀

Registration date: 5th May 2012
watches thread with popcorn :D
12th Oct 2012, 11:14 PM #11
Rinkel♀

Centcomm:watches thread with popcorn :D

Care for some candy? I've got soda pop too. :3
12th Oct 2012, 11:36 PM #12
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
For the record, I'd be willing to help.
12th Oct 2012, 11:46 PM #13
Centcomm♀

Registration date: 5th May 2012
RINKEL:
Centcomm:watches thread with popcorn :D

Care for some candy? I've got soda pop too. :3

yes please - ill share my popcorn .. its blue today!

13th Oct 2012, 12:34 AM #14
LooeyQ♂

Registration date: 22nd Feb 2011
I'm in!
13th Oct 2012, 2:35 AM #15
CynicaIdealist♂

Sabrini Fur:My dude's a villain overlord. I dunno how that'd work. He doesn't get along with others...

Onecanofsprite:Well, what plot are we going to base this off? We could have all the villains team up to try and stop the heroes. If it goes like that, I'm in.

An over-arching plot wouldn't be absolutely neccesary, but if we want to do one, it'd just take a bit more collaberation then previously thought.

Sabrini, as far as your villain overlord is concerned, he'd still need to be introduced; the first few pages for every character would be akin to "How-in-the-hell-did-I-end-up-here..." Though... that does introduce some more interesting elements; does anyone else have a villain they're putting into the character battle? I think I answered the question a bit more in depth in the latter 2 paragraphs, but if not, please tell me.

OCOS, if the people want to collab for that sort of storyline (which would be AWESOME) then yeah; this is the ultimate blank-slate for folks, so if people want to make that storyline happen, it'll happen (I'd already be in for that :D).

Some people might want to do stuff similar to gag-a-day; that'd also work.

In all truthfulness, this is more akin to an anthology of comics than just a singular story. Every author who want's to do something together is more than welcome to do so, and those who just want to use other's as cameoes are also welcome (with permission, of course).
13th Oct 2012, 3:58 AM #16
Rinkel♀

CynicaIdealist: OCOS, if the people want to collab for that sort of storyline (which would be AWESOME) then yeah; this is the ultimate blank-slate for folks, so if people want to make that storyline happen, it'll happen (I'd already be in for that :D).

I'm fine with doing either. I can do gag pages (they're not my favorite thing to draw, but I can do them and be funny) or a storyline-based set of comics.

I think, given the time period Diosa is from, it'd be interesting to try a storyline of some sort where he meets a character from a future time and gets all Jack Skelington* on the chara.

*In reference to when Jack went to Christmas Town and sang his "What's This??" song because he had no idea what dafuq was going on there.
13th Oct 2012, 4:24 AM #17
CynicaIdealist♂

RINKEL:
CynicaIdealist: OCOS, if the people want to collab for that sort of storyline (which would be AWESOME) then yeah; this is the ultimate blank-slate for folks, so if people want to make that storyline happen, it'll happen (I'd already be in for that :D).

I'm fine with doing either. I can do gag pages (they're not my favorite thing to draw, but I can do them and be funny) or a storyline-based set of comics.

I think, given the time period Diosa is from, it'd be interesting to try a storyline of some sort where he meets a character from a future time and gets all Jack Skelington* on the chara.

*In reference to when Jack went to Christmas Town and sang his "What's This??" song because he had no idea what dafuq was going on there.

No no no... what I'm saying is that both can take place in this one comic; both Gag-a-day and over-arching storyline can both take place. All the authors have to do is organize.
13th Oct 2012, 5:12 AM #18
Barreytor♂

Registration date: 6th Jun 2011
I already showed my interest in this idea yesterday at the signups thread, so I‛m going to be very glad I won't be left out of this thanks to this random wifi I'm connected to.
Sadha:All in all, It'll be an interesting experience to have a drink with the folks.
13th Oct 2012, 5:49 AM #19
CynicaIdealist♂

Barreytor:I already showed my interest in this idea yesterday at the signups thread, so I‛m going to be very glad I won't be left out of this thanks to this random wifi I'm connected to.
Sadha:All in all, It'll be an interesting experience to have a drink with the folks.

Sorry 'bout that; I was just putting people down who've directly said "I'm in", or something of that nature.

OCOS, how about you? You game, or what?
13th Oct 2012, 6:39 AM #20
Barreytor♂

Registration date: 6th Jun 2011
CynicaIdealist:Sorry 'bout that; I was just putting people down who've directly said "I'm in", or something of that nature.

Don't worry, it's actually my fault for not saying something more clear back there.
Now, an idea: First chapter could be all of the introductions (the "how the hell did I get here") then the rest... Well, I don't have any ideas for that.
Though we all should agree on how the "non-battle place thingy" looks. (Because doing that stuff in the middle of the battlefields might end up being a bit inconvenient because of the lack of alcohol and/or everyone in a single place)
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [86]