Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - I'm new! Hello!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Introductions > I'm new! Hello!
Pages: [1]

"I'm new! Hello!", 3rd Dec 2012, 5:21 AM #1
fatboyhiggins♂

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 30th Nov 2012
Hi there,

My name's Tariq, aka fatboyhiggins, and I'm new to the site. For that matter, I'm new to the world of webcomics as a whole. I've enjoyed drawing and writing for a long time, and tried to put the two together many years ago. Then for some reason I went on an extended hiatus until recently.

Anyways. I poked around this site and a couple others and realized that there's a lot of great talent here. It seems like an awesome place to meet new people and develop my own skills.

Please check out my comic, let me know your thoughts, etc., and let me know about what you're working on too!

3rd Dec 2012, 5:37 AM #2
mheanne27

Registration date: 22nd Oct 2012
Welcome to CF Tariq, you definitely found a great place to show and share your talents.
Every one here is awesome, you gonna learn a lot from them for sure.
3rd Dec 2012, 5:56 AM #3
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
fatboyhiggins:Hi there,

My name's Tariq, aka fatboyhiggins, and I'm new to the site. For that matter, I'm new to the world of webcomics as a whole. I've enjoyed drawing and writing for a long time, and tried to put the two together many years ago. Then for some reason I went on an extended hiatus until recently.

Anyways. I poked around this site and a couple others and realized that there's a lot of great talent here. It seems like an awesome place to meet new people and develop my own skills.

Please check out my comic, let me know your thoughts, etc., and let me know about what you're working on too!

Hi, there, Tariq, my name's Brian, aka Ranger! I'm...less-than-new to the site. :P
But hey, we're all new at some point! ;)

I, too, love both drawing and writing, and I've also been on quite a number of hiatuses. Butyeah, I don't think there's any place where you're more likely to want and continue than on ComicFury, for much the reasons you touched upon--there's so much talent, here, and you're quite correct: it's an awesome place to meet new people, who are all incredibly supportive and there to help ya develop. :)

Hope to be seeing more of ya around! :D
3rd Dec 2012, 3:54 PM #4
mushroomisland♀

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2010
Lol, I like the comic. :D welcome aboard, and I'm sure yours will do well. If you like drawing and writing, the perfect place is comics, I guess. See you around the forums :)

Back with vengeance :P
3rd Dec 2012, 4:35 PM #5
Draginbeard♂

Registration date: 22nd Jan 2012
Hello and welcome to the Fury!

So I checked out your strip, Nice style! Kinda reminds me a little bit of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle show! I think you are going to fit in just fine around here =D
3rd Dec 2012, 5:17 PM #6
fatboyhiggins♂

Thanks for taking a look guys. Nice to meet you. I plan on updating on a weekly basis and sometimes a little more often than that. More of a random comic strip approach than say a longer narrative/graphic novel type project.

Any suggestions on how to get involved would be great. Enjoying yall's comics so far!
3rd Dec 2012, 6:40 PM #7
Centcomm♀

Registration date: 5th May 2012
hi hello and welcome to CF - glad you picked here rather than another comic hosty place you will find a very helpful bunch here ranging from all kinds of backgrounds and skills :D

*waves like a idiot* :D
"Ollo", 3rd Dec 2012, 6:45 PM #8
Sweet-Sincerity

Registration date: 12th Apr 2012
Welcome new one!
I like your style btw! I can't wait to see more. Will you be keeping up with the one panel an update thing or going for more panels?
Hope you enjoy your time here and have fun reading all the awesome comics!
3rd Dec 2012, 7:43 PM #9
fatboyhiggins♂

Hi sweet serenity! I like your comic a lot, the art is great. I look forward to seeing more.

To answer your question, it will probably be a lot of single panel gags, although some of them will be a series of multiple single panel images like the one I've got up now.
3rd Dec 2012, 7:47 PM #10
moizmad♀

Registration date: 25th Apr 2010
Yo fatboy, if ya needs anything around here, I'm the one ya gots to ask, I can get whatever ya needs cheap-like, don't deal with any other of these shysters, they'll take ya to da cleaners!

3rd Dec 2012, 7:53 PM #11
Rinkel♀

Registration date: 24th May 2012
VIVA LA FURY

I think it's safe to say that CF is one of the better hosting sites on the web. I've only ever used CF, but I've heard horrible stories about Smack Jeeves and Drunk Duck. Everyone here is pretty nice, so feel free to ask for help.

I've met a lot of awesome people here and have made some really incredible friends, so I hope you enjoy your time here and do the same. :)
3rd Dec 2012, 8:18 PM #12
Zor15♀

Registration date: 18th Jul 2012
Hi ya man welcome to CF. Like your comic so far.
"new comic up", 4th Dec 2012, 12:57 AM #13
fatboyhiggins♂

Thanks guys for all your kind words of welcome. I've just posted another comic if you'd like to check it out, and I plan to put a few more up this week. Then it'll probably become a weekly update type scenario as real life imposes itself upon my schedule. :(

This really is a lot of fun.