Forum > News & Announcements > A comicfury experiment
Pages: [1] [2]

"A comicfury experiment", 5th Jan 2015, 9:01 AM #1
Kyo♂
family life
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
So I made this thing.

It's basically a place to post messages that will disappear after a while. It will only show the most recent 15 notices.

You can post whatever you want as long as it's within the forum rules (no racist posts, etc.) -- but the guidelines don't apply (except you can't advertise your comic)

So it's basically a free form thread where you can post (almost) whatever you want and however you want, and things don't stick around for too long.

I might increase how many posts it remembers at any given time in the future, if it's too hard to keep up with.

So yeah, just try it out. Don't worry about using it wrong, I really made this with no specific purpose in mind. It's an experiment!

e: You can now subscribe to it, and it will show up like a thread in your updates if you do that. which i recommend you do, cause it's fun!
5th Jan 2015, 9:22 AM #2
inky♀
blood princess
Referrals: 1
Registration date: 15th Oct 2011
Whoa. This is a really interesting thing.
I can see the amount of notices being a problem should it become popular.
Maybe there could be a way to access the archive of more posts while only seeing the 15-20 on the first page.

Also, first glitch: I refreshed the page and it reposted the notice.

when there were people on strudel

5th Jan 2015, 9:24 AM #3
Kyo♂
family life
ah yeah, I'll fix that.

Also I think part of the appeal is the temporary nature, that makes it kinda interesting, so I don't know if having an archive wouldn't kind of destroy that.
5th Jan 2015, 9:30 AM #4
inky♀
blood princess
Well I meant more of a temporary archive of a hundred or less, just so that people can get the context for a specific conversation and whatnot, but I see what you mean. I like its temporariness.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say thank you. Thanks. Neat idea.

5th Jan 2015, 9:32 AM #5
Kyo♂
family life
no prob, it's fixed now, btw.

Yeah, an archive of a few more posts is definitely something I'm not opposed to. If this sees a lot of activity I'll crank up the number of posts it has before they disappear and add some pagination. But for now I'm just seeing if people are gonna get anything out of this or if it's just nice for novelty.

if people like using it, I'll definitely add a way to subscribe to the notice board in your updates

Merged Doublepost:

ok, you can now subscribe to the notice board. I added it in because otherwise this thing is far too inconvenient to be sustainable.
5th Jan 2015, 11:14 AM #6
Seeen♀

Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙̈̉̏̎͑̐͞ ͕̳k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩̊̅͡ ͓̠ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹ ̥͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆iͫͯ ͕̗̲̘͕̮̪̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̎͗͠ ̥̟̬̜̬rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w ̲̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ̫ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
All glory to the strudelboard!

If you expand the post number, maybe the posts at the bottom can be compacted. Like, remove the avatar and signature.
5th Jan 2015, 11:17 AM #7
Kyo♂
family life
not a bad idea, if it gets a bit much.

I raised the number to 20 for now. I think I'll probably leave it at that for a while.

Also, I've been talking to people on the notice board for a bit, and I think it's probably not too early to say that this is the best thing ever and will change everything forever. I'm having fun anyway.
5th Jan 2015, 11:18 AM #8
Seeen♀

Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙̈̉̏̎͑̐͞ ͕̳k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩̊̅͡ ͓̠ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹ ̥͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆iͫͯ ͕̗̲̘͕̮̪̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̎͗͠ ̥̟̬̜̬rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w ̲̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ̫ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
It will very likely deter me from creating stupid threads to stave off boredom, so yes, there is a success there.
5th Jan 2015, 11:20 AM #9
Kyo♂
family life
i can see the announcement already: notice board is taking away activity from the forum, shut down.
5th Jan 2015, 11:23 AM #10
Seeen♀

It seems all hunky dory now, but this is surely the beginning of a total disaster.
5th Jan 2015, 5:38 PM #11
GigaNerd17♂

Registration date: 3rd Mar 2012
Awesome idea -- much more concise than my solution. I'll have to give it a whirl next time I'm bored out of my mind.
5th Jan 2015, 5:46 PM #12
Adina
patriot with 1001 posts
Registration date: 31st Oct 2014
Strudelboard, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful catastrophe.
5th Jan 2015, 5:51 PM #13
Seeen♀

Kyo, the name Strudelboard has caught on, so you may as well just go ahead and rename it.
5th Jan 2015, 6:28 PM #14
inky♀
blood princess
Can we post reaction .gifs on the strudelboard, or does that go against forum rule 5?

(I'm not going to do it, just wondering.)

5th Jan 2015, 7:51 PM #15
Kyo♂
family life
well reaction gifs are not disallowed in general (maybe they are a bit discouraged?) - but if you want to hear my opinion there's so many places on the net to post reaction gifs already
5th Jan 2015, 8:58 PM #16
Adina
patriot with 1001 posts
Registration date: 31st Oct 2014
Reaction gifs are amusing but they should stay on tumblr and those other websites for the most part

Also this strudelboard is p cool. It's seems like it will be a good solution, except for making the forums less active.
5th Jan 2015, 9:05 PM #17
Kyo♂
family life
well ideally people will still post on the forum plenty if they want to say something that won't just disappear in half an hour
5th Jan 2015, 10:47 PM #18
inky♀
blood princess
Second glitch: Spoilers don't work.

5th Jan 2015, 11:09 PM #19
Kyo♂
family life
yeah someone reported this already, I'll fix it probably tomorrow because now i am going to bed.
5th Jan 2015, 11:20 PM #20
Nama
J
Registration date: 15th Nov 2012
This feels more like a chat room than a board.
Forum > News & Announcements > A comicfury experiment
Pages: [1] [2]