Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Batshit insane conspiracy theories.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Batshit insane conspiracy theories.
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

"Batshit insane conspiracy theories.", 8 days ago, 1:15 AM #1
Product Placement♂

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 15th May 2011
Whether it be the Assassination of JFK, the Moonlanding of Fluoride in water, It's safe to say that we've all heard a conspiracy story, or two, over our lives.

But there are some theories out there, that are really, reeeally out there.

So, I thought it would be an interesting idea to throw out some of the interesting, weird or downright crazy theories that you've read or heard. Feel free to post your own theory or discuss what someone else has posted. If it's something you believe in or are on the fence about, let us know why.

At any rate... let me start off with an easy one.

------

Flat Earth.

This is one that I'm actually certain is part of a different conspiracy. The story goes that a group of people were so convinced that the Earth was flat that they decided to create a Flat Earth Society which dedicated in "spreading the truth."

However, once the space race was in full gear and pictures of the epic voyages started flooding the media, it was actually pretty difficult to maintain this belief and the group fell into steady decline.

Enter mediocre rap artist, B.o.B.

One day, B.o.B. was sitting in a plane, bored out of his mind. Then he saw something. Something that completely changed his worldview. How could he have been this blind? How haven't people noticed this before!? He quickly rushed to his phone, snapped a photo and presented twitter with an irrefutable proof. Here it is!

couple of months later, the Internet exploded of people, both ridiculing the rapper and coming to his defense. Membership in the Flat Earth Society skyrocketed and debaters arose about the legitimacy of NASA and other space agencies (who obviously are all part of a big conspiracy to hide the truth of Earth's shape from us).

So my conspiracy theory is a little simpler. B.o.B. is an idiot attention hog, who found a way to push himself into trending topics on Twitter and decided to ride on it. 99% of people that joined up and defended him and the Flat Earth Society are trolls, that love to rile up people.
8 days ago, 1:22 AM #2
Epiale

Registration date: 29th Oct 2014
Time Cube

One I always found interesting was Hollow Moon Theory.

Got real bored one day and started looking into the "evidence" people had for it, and probably the most interesting thing I found was an actual NASA file that had a very very weird seismic reading on the moon that wouldn't have made sense unless the ground bellow was empty. It's been explained as a one-off error, but still interesting, and also kind of funny how batshit it is. I've also seen it linked heavily to the ancient aliens theory, explaining why it's been around since the dawn of recorded history.
8 days ago, 1:32 AM #3
khkddn

Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
I once watched a video that said continental drift isn't real. The Earth used to be smaller, and then it grew (?!?!?) and that's why the continents separated. This isn't the exact video I watched but it explains the idea
8 days ago, 1:38 AM #4
Van Husk I

Registration date: 31st Jul 2014
I actually kind of romanticize the Flat Earth Theory. Like, there's something almost magical about imagining the edge of the world. I wish I could be ignorant enough to believe it though.
8 days ago, 1:39 AM #5
Fabian W.♂

Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
I always wonder how a Flat Earth believer would explain how GPS is supposed to work (without the satellites in orbit etc.). Because GPS devices are a thing that nowadays everybody can buy. (Well, at least in first world countries, and if you are not of the poorest part of society there. But I think you get what I mean.) And thus everybody is able to prove first-hand for oneself that this technology indeed does work. No "all proofs are forged" argument possible here!
8 days ago, 2:45 AM #6
Cooke♂

Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
I'd have to really think about the weirdest conspiracy I've ever heard of but one that comes to mind is Aliens living and operating on the dark side of the moon. There was a video I watched on the Youtubes where a guy is examining one of those blurred bits on the photos of the moon surface (that was claimed to be done by NASA to cover things up) and in it, he turns the video infrared and picks out a shape of what looks like an elongated AT-AT walker with a Hoover stuck on its head and proclaims this to be an Alien device walking the moon surface sucking up dust for Helium 3.

Old school one was the pyramid and face on Mars. I remember reading about that in magazines as a kid.

8 days ago, 3:10 AM #7
cultofundesirables♂

Registration date: 21st Jul 2014

The moon is a hologram apparently

And the Rothschilds are part-Nephilim.
8 days ago, 3:19 AM #8
Jean_Q_Citizen

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Pyramid on Mars was clearly the Ice Warriors working with Sutekh. XD

And there actually is a "Doctor Who is real" theory. Sorry, that's a bit much, even for me.

Unless it's Two.
8 days ago, 3:33 AM #9
ProRevo128♂

Registration date: 17th Mar 2016
The earth can be flat if you live on a map.

I think the craziest theory I've heard is that the moon landings were fake. HOW?! People seem like rebellious teenagers sometimes. They won't believe anything their parents (government, large organizations, etc.) tell them.
8 days ago, 3:45 AM #10
khkddn

Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
I had a teacher who thought the moon landing was fake, lol. He had a PhD with background in computer science, says that the technology back then wasn't powerful enough to put a man on the moon.
8 days ago, 4:09 AM #11
Jay042♂

Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
I'd say the real controversy of the Flat Earth theory remains what is the sex of the turtle.
8 days ago, 5:32 AM #12
E-hero Vulven♂

Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
We are actually in a parallel universe where [REDACTED x5]. Super Mario 64 is deeper than you think.
8 days ago, 6:04 AM #13
JasonD♂

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2016
Back in 2006, Kids Ranqe was one of the most respected players in Runescape. i remember looking up to this guy (I was like 9). He retired in late 2007 after the game removed what made it fun to play to begin with.

Since 2011, he believes the planes that hit the WTC were holograms lol.

I describe the history cuz this dude went from a Monster-drinking My Chemical Romance teen to believing racism and slavery is natural.

8 days ago, 11:21 AM #14
Steven-Vincent♂

Registration date: 28th Apr 2015
One I've seen come up lately a lot for some reason is "The Moon Landing was faked." The same people often think we are also *still* faking the Mars Rover stuff.

One guy even used the fact that bubble wrap collapses in a vacuum to claim that was evidence that space suits are impossible and therefore the Moon walks could not have occurred. My question is... so what does he think is going on when the current astronauts do space walks? Or has the space shuttle and the international space station been faked all along too, with the help of the Russians, the Chinese, and everyone else? Well... yeah I guess they think so.
One week ago, 1:52 AM #15
Tibbittz♂

Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
My mom listens to this local conspiracy guy on the radio, it drives me nuts. She's too smart to believe this shit, I swear she is, I don't know why she insists on dumbing herself down to the level of a local radio nut.

After listening to a recent episode, she told me that she heard him give "credible" proof of alien tech having been photographed on the dark side of the moon. She said that NASA is hiding it from Americans and that their version of the photograph has been doctored, but that other countries have published the uncensored version.

*SIGH*

So inane. So beneath her. It's maddening.

EDIT: I think this is the proper debunking... like one was needed.
One week ago, 2:02 AM #16
Babble_ON♂
Disgraced Former Moderator
Registration date: 17th Feb 2013
Epiale: I've also seen it linked heavily to the ancient aliens theory, explaining why it's been around since the dawn of recorded history.

JasonD:I describe the history cuz this dude went from a Monster-drinking My Chemical Romance teen to believing racism and slavery is natural.

4chan's a helluva drug.

My favorite is honestly the Moon Landing being faked directed by Kubrick.

Yes, they spent billions of dollars.
Employed hundreds of engineers, workers, and scientists.
Devised meticulous maths to ensure they got there alive.
And televised it...

...all so they could fool people into thinking we landed on the moon with something Kubrick shot in a studio.

...and somehow kept every single person involved from never telling their family or anyone that they faked it.

I just don't even.

One week ago, 2:14 AM #17
Tibbittz♂

Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
If the moon landings were faked, why are we now able to take high-res photos of the moon's surface and see the footprints, flags, and spent parts left behind by the astronauts?

...I swear, the ignorant and the stupid would have us all back scratching in the dirt and flinging poo at one another. Bloody troglodytes, the lot of them.
One week ago, 2:59 AM #18
Steven-Vincent♂

Registration date: 28th Apr 2015
Tibbittz:If the moon landings were faked, why are we now able to take high-res photos of the moon's surface and see the footprints, flags, and spent parts left behind by the astronauts?

Because, of course, those photos are also faked. Haven't you noticed that high-res imagery of those things coincides with the ability of movie-makers to insert just about anything into a movie or a photo and make it look real? SFX are so good now that this kind of thing is easily faked.

See! Conspiracy!!
One week ago, 3:24 AM #19
Cooke♂

Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Ok so a batshit insane conspiracy theory that was going around my local area I used to live in was that the fluoride they were putting into the water wasn't fluoride at all but some sort of different chemical. We used to get our water from a lake that supplied the area. The locals started getting up in arms when they'd turn on their taps and the water would be white and they'd have to run it for about 2 minutes to clear it.

The local council said that if anyone is overly worried about it, they should boil the water. Someone even went as far as breaking into the little hut where they stored the barrels for water treatment. It wasn't very well secured at the time. I saw the police that day as I could see the lake from my house. It was well secured after that. Then the rumours started spreading around that the guy who broke in was saying how he saw the skull and crossbones on the barrels. You know the deal. Mostly up in the local pub after a few drinks and people start talking.

Then the locals really kicked up about it. It even made the local paper. Not front page though because, come on. Eventually the local Politician (probably worried about being elected again) suggested that the water supply should be switched over to a river that supplied a town a few miles over. So eventually that was done. I don't live there anymore and last I heard, the lake is a fishery now and they're still on the river water supply with no problems. Seemed like a big hulabalu about nothing. There's was some money spent on the switch over too.

One week ago, 3:35 AM #20
Pip

Registration date: 27th Dec 2015
I once saw an insanely long (and just plain insane) reddit post about how feminists were pretending to like coffee in order to trick everyone into thinking they were busy, and there weren't any women who actually liked coffee, it was all just part of the SJW plan to control the world, or something. It was one of the craziest things I've ever read.

I was trying to find it earlier, but I couldn't. It's probably better that way.