Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - im a giant weeaboo

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > im a giant weeaboo
Pages: [1] [2]

"im a giant weeaboo", 9 days ago, 12:12 AM #1
keltyzoid!

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
one punch man is on netflix as of today and i wanted to give it another watch, but it's the dub

at first i was like "im glad kirk thornton is still getting work these days." and then i fast forwarded through the whole thing because the actors they chose suck fucking eggs.

also, "saituhmuh"

fucking dubs
9 days ago, 12:14 AM #2
MistakeNPotatoes♂

Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
I always try to give dubs a chance but I always get burned. Looking at you, JoJo. Jotaro becomes "Joe-tuh-row" and they give Joseph a british accent when he was raised in New York City. Why?
9 days ago, 12:16 AM #3
Cooke♂

Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
I'll never forget watching Akira back in the day and listening to Leonardo from the Turtles.

KAAAANEEEDAAA!

The remaster dub was better.

Never watched the Anime of One Punch. I have read some of the comic. Any good?

9 days ago, 12:18 AM #4
Van Husk I

Registration date: 31st Jul 2014
How many katanananas do you own?
9 days ago, 12:26 AM #5
keltyzoid!

i dont own any katans but i do work at a hibachi restaurant
9 days ago, 12:28 AM #6
MistakeNPotatoes♂

Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
9 days ago, 12:44 AM #7
AidenParker

Registration date: 22nd Jul 2015
Location: The west i think, i'm not sure. there's a lot of sand, dust and weebs
I used to watch dubs on netflix but recently I've been watching subs of new anime. it feels weird hearing the original Japanese versions of the dubbed anime i was used to and weird to hear the dub voices of the new subbed anime i'm into.

Merged Doublepost:

MistakeNPotatoes:I always try to give dubs a chance but I always get burned. Looking at you, JoJo. Jotaro becomes "Joe-tuh-row" and they give Joseph a british accent when he was raised in New York City. Why?

I find von stroheim's dub voice atrocious. his german accent is really bad and he doesn't have enough passion or care when he's screaming GERMAN TECHNOLOGY IS BEST IN THE WORLD then the original jap voice. actually almost every voice in battle tendency is bad. the accents are ear bleeding.
9 days ago, 12:59 AM #8
JammyTheWerewolf♂

Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Oh gosh. I remember I came across some clips of dubbed Black Butler in an anime review thing once, and I think my ears almost bled. Worst voices ever. I'm not even exaggerating, it was almost offensive. XD I guess with dubs, the good ones are okay and the bad ones are the worst.

The really bad dubs do what the old Sailor Moon did, where they not only sound bad, but change a bunch of stuff too, even up to plot stuff. That being said, the anime I'm currently into seems to have a pretty good dub, and sometimes western stuff dubbed into Japanese can sound almost as bad! Like, I dare people to look up the Japanese version of 'let it grow.' (I know, I know. It already was not from a good movie.)
9 days ago, 1:06 AM #9
BooImAGhost

Registration date: 7th Apr 2016
i honestly just like watching subs better in general, reading + watching keeps my brain busy and i like being busy for some reason

keltyzoid!:i dont own any katans but i do work at a hibachi restaurant

i'll be honest, the first thing i thought of when i saw 'katans' was an old newgrounds flash animation that was really good

this
9 days ago, 3:10 AM #10
Van Husk I

Registration date: 31st Jul 2014
keltyzoid!:i dont own any katans but i do work at a hibachi restaurant

How many knives have you stolen re-homed?
9 days ago, 4:20 AM #11
Jean_Q_Citizen

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Hey, these days, you can just find subs or dubs online, or on the same DVD or whatever.

Back in my day, we only had VHS, and had to pay more for subtitles. Really. And we had to walk five miles uphill in the snow to Suncoast Video or Media Play to buy 'em. Dadburn whippersnappers!
9 days ago, 4:23 AM #12
keltyzoid!

i didnt know what anime was until 2007
9 days ago, 4:23 AM #13
cultofundesirables♂

Registration date: 21st Jul 2014
English dubs are usually a plague.

God Attack on titan is so bad (eng). There are only a few series where I couldnt stand the Japanese voices.
Inuyasha's for starters. I know the attacks are wierd and corny in english but that froggy voice just didnt sit well with me, I got too used to the Amurrcan one. DANDYS ENGLISH voice (space dandy) is sexxxxxyy. also I enjoy ed and al (fma) in both versions but I was exposed to the english vers first. I wasnt no Wapanese boy its just that Japanese actors really tend to know what they're doing.
9 days ago, 4:24 AM #14
keltyzoid!

more like space daddy
9 days ago, 4:24 AM #15
cultofundesirables♂

Registration date: 21st Jul 2014
HELL FROGGIN YISSS
9 days ago, 5:07 AM #16
ehcuat⚧
Team Edward
Registration date: 8th May 2011
i mostly watch japanimation from the 80s and 90s so dubs add an extra layer of nostalgia to the experience. bonus points if they're streamline or manga uk-style where they add in a bunch of swearing or silly accents for no reason
9 days ago, 5:22 AM #17
Damatris

Registration date: 4th Mar 2014
I mostly avoid dubs like a plague, no matter what language. I wish you guys knew of the horrifying glory of old Finnish dub team Agapio that made everyone sound dead inside and gave a little girl a deep manly voice.

There are some pretty cool and well done dubs that I like but mostly nope. When you can't even pronounce characters' names right I'm out. And that is sadly so very common with English dubs: :'D
9 days ago, 5:27 AM #18
junoro

Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Baccano! is one of those rare cases where the dub is on par with the sub, and even considered better than the sub by some people! It's just a fantastic show to begin with, highly recommended if you don't mind buckets of blood.

Also, I tried to watch the sub of dragon ball z, but Goku's voice... it just didn't work for me :')
9 days ago, 12:13 PM #19
Bolderousness
former background douchebag
Registration date: 27th Jan 2012
You people clearly have never watched Ghost Stories dub. The golden standard of dubs.
9 days ago, 12:21 PM #20
BMR♂

Registration date: 4th Feb 2017
90% of the time, yeah, I'll go with subs. There were a few though, where I actually preferred the dub over the sub. Black Lagoon and Jormungand come to mind.