You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Werewolf VII
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [21]

"Werewolf VII", 26th Sep 2010, 6:52 PM #1
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010

There once was a village by the name of ComicFury’sville. For many years, it was a fantastic, friendly village. Well, when I say friendly, I don’t include their method of making decisions. Namely by haphazard votes based off of little or no reasoning. With lots of lynching.
But aside from that, it was a happy place.
At least, until a curse struck the village. In a matter of days, the town was ravaged by a stunningly handsome and clever Werewolf and his associate.
Fortunately for the villagers, their unorthodox way of making decisions paid off and their village was saved, and peace (and only occasional lynching) returned to the village.
The village managed to rebuild. It turned out that there were five other villages nearby that had also been hit with the same curse. Unfortunately, several were completely empty, but survivors were found in two of them; some of them having a striking resemblance to the villagers of their own village.
A generation passed and the village repopulated. Their sentiments resulted in children that grew to look and act exactly their ancestors, no matter how impossible this is considering some of those ancestors never reproduced.

But then, when it was least expected, another set of Werewolves appeared. How? A Wizard did it.
...Most likely.
The remaining ancestors have banded together to search the forest for them tonight. Should they fail, it will be up to their children to avenge them.

The Werewolves will kill one person every night. They will continue to do this until the amount of villagers is equal or less than their own, at which time they will transform and nom the remaining survivors.
During the day, the villagers will try to deduce which of them are the wolves. Their ancestors taught them their ancient art of Majority Voting, so at dusk, they will drag the villager who has amassed the most votes to the outskirts of the village and hang them. If they can eliminate both of the wolves this way, then they’ll have won.

Things shall be a little different this time.
First, there’ll still be two Werewolves, but this time, there’ll be an extra type.
This special type of Werewolf has the ability to make his vote count twice.
This is a silent effect, which even he is unaware of. When the votes are counted, his vote is counted twice.
Say for instance, if Villager A had 4 votes and Villager B also had 4 votes, and one of the votes for Villager A was made by this Werewolf (from now on, known as Werewolf-V), although it would appear to the untrained eye that it was a tie, Villager A would be lynched without a tiebreaker being made.

Additionally, the same holds true for one of the villagers. This works exactly the same, except that the player is a Villager. This is partially for balance reasons, so you can’t work out whether or not a Werewolf had voted for someone. This Villager is known as Villager-V.

As well as the two Werewolves, there are two traitors. The first is unaware that he is a traitor, but will appear as a Wolf should the Seer investigate him.
The second is a new breed, known as the Framer. While he isn’t a Wolf himself, he has chosen to side himself with them and will do whatever it takes to help them succeed. At night, he will choose a villager. If the Seer investigates that villager, they will appear as a Wolf, but only for that night. The Wolves are aware of this fellow and have agreed to spare him in return for his help.

Other additional roles for the villagers are as follows.
We have the Sheriff, who will choose one person during the night and lock them up on that day. They will not be allowed to vote, although they can still participate in the discussion from their cell (Thanks Tobar)

There’s the Hunter, who, upon being lynched, will shoot the last villager who voted for him, before he dies.

And also, there’s the Bodyguard, who will choose somebody to defend at night. If that villager is targeted, the Bodyguard will die in place of the victim.

Finally, there’s the Naïve seer. He believes himself to be true Seer, but everyone he investigates will appear to be a villager

As usual, we have the Seer, the Guardian and the Ghost to join us once more.
As a quick rundown for those new;
The Seer will choose a player each night and be informed of their alliance. Yes, this time around, with all the new roles, the Seer will be told of a person’s alliance, rather than their exact role.

The Guardian will choose a person to defend each night. If the Werewolves chose to attack that player, they will chicken out at the sight of the Guardian standing guard and go home, dejected.

Finally, the Ghost is unaware of their role, but when they are killed, they are given a chance to kill one player before they pass on.

The full list of roles is as follows

Werewolf side:
Werewolf
Werewolf-V
Framer

Villager side
Seer
Guardian
Ghost
Villager-V
Naïve Seer
Sheriff
Hunter
Bodyguard

This means that 11 of the players will have a role, whether they’re aware of it or not~
What’s that? You say I can’t count?
Nope, incorrect. Seeing as we have three players on the Werewolf side this time, the player cap has been increased to 20. There was discussion earlier about how to make sure that the Wolves would be able to communicate if there were three of them, but I think the Framer should help sort that out. The Wolves are free to contact the Framer, but he essentially works independently so the issue should be resolved.

If anyone has any issues with any of the roles that I haven’t spotted, or any questions, just let me know and I’ll fix or answer them.

Things may be a little different this time, but you can still get an idea on how the game works by looking at the previous game

There are twenty spots this time. Have fun
1. Fingerwitch - Hunter - One of the few to actually get lynched. Got her revenge on Lukas however
2. Ranger - Villager - Was decapitated and had his analysis violated
3. Elayne - Naïve Seer - The first victim of the newly repaired lynch tree
4. SuperPie - Werewolf-V – The only surviving player. But just what is the wizard up to?
5. Jnvn - Villager - Not genre-savvy in the slightest
6. JimiRaffety - Villager - Killed right as he worked it out
7. geekgrrl - Villager – The final nail in the village’s coffin
8. Salty - Bodyguard - Ended up the failed attempt at roast villager. Also labelled a Stalker
9. Linden - Seer - Nommed. So tasty that she didn't even leave behind a corpse
10. Antihero - Ghost - Eaten by the Wolves, but came back with a vengeance
11. Kristy – Sheriff – Constantly pressured with being the deciding factor, and made the wrong decision right at the last hurdle.
12. Shaggers - Villager - Killed by the ghost. For what reason? We will never know
13. Hedge - Villager's pet - Tossed off of a cliff. How cruel
14. Jacob - Framer - Betrayed by his Wolfy friends
15. Tobar - Guardian - An ever unfortunate victim of the first round lynch.
16. BlackMageBrad - Traitor - Accidentally teleported himself off of a cliff
17. LukaszZ - Villager - Made the foolish mistake of being the last to vote for the Hunter
18. Sarge - Villager - Drowned in an alarmingly large vat of custard
19. Edi-San - Werewolf - Doomed by the very villagers he killed
20. Skrael - Villager-V - Wrongfully lynched, due to the Sheriff's poor decision

Things should be pretty interesting this time around, so even if you were thinking about not joining in this round, I invite you to play anyways ;D

(I did want to do a few more pictures, but I ran out of time. I'll try and do one for each death scene though :D)
26th Sep 2010, 6:58 PM #2
Butt Hunter♂
B.H. Baracus
Registration date: 26th Apr 2009
Very... very... VERY interesting.

I'm not joining just yet (as I said in the last thread), but hot diggedy damn these new roles sound good.
26th Sep 2010, 7:00 PM #3
Elayne the Distrait
Extravagant fears
Registration date: 19th Jun 2010
3. Elayne the Distrait

REALLY looking forward to this new game! :D The new roles sound awesome. x)
"Boo ya!", 26th Sep 2010, 7:02 PM #4
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
2. Ranger
3. Elayne the Distrait
Umm... *looks at town victories in 2, 4, and 6, even games* *looks at how this game is odd* *looks at how the wolves have done on odd-numbered games* A quote from last game seems appropriate:
SuperPie:Oh...
Shit.
BREAK THE CYCLE! BREAK THE CYCLE! :P

On a personal note, pretty much every role you put up there, I know. (In fact, aside from the Sheriff not being a Jailkeeper, it fits the names as well.) The main concern I have is that this game is going to go too quickly due to the number of roles involved, and that nights will be long.
Also, the Hunter is basically the Ghost, who just can't wait to shoot. Which bothers me. And I know the bodyguard (BG where I come from) is different from the Guardian, but still, having two protective roles has never sat well with me (this is made up for by the fact that this is a 'weak BG'. There are stronger versions of the BG which would be worse). And I know that with multiple roles, the seer needed a nerf, but, well, I liked the old seer. :P
These are mostly minor complaints, and the thought of experimentation is a good thing, to me. We can always keep in mind that if things go horribly wrong, we can always go back to the simple version. :P
26th Sep 2010, 7:16 PM #5
Kristy♀
Noodle
Registration date: 16th Mar 2010
2. Ranger
3. Elayne the Distrait
11. Kristy

Can't wait to see how this works. ^_^
"Nor can I.", 26th Sep 2010, 7:20 PM #6
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
And Ice, if it wasn't clear, I approve of all the new roles. Just am a bit concerned on whether they will work or not with so many.*

(*...Okay, you got me. It's really 'cause I want to be a villager and I only have a 9/20 chance, now. :P)
26th Sep 2010, 7:21 PM #7
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
ranger_brian_new:Also, the Hunter is basically the Ghost, who just can't wait to shoot. Which bothers me.

Hm, okay. What about if they're forced to shoot the last person who voted for them? That would make things more interesting and speed things up too.
26th Sep 2010, 7:27 PM #8
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Ice the frosty cat:
ranger_brian_new:Also, the Hunter is basically the Ghost, who just can't wait to shoot. Which bothers me.

Hm, okay. What about if they're forced to shoot the last person who voted for them? That would make things more interesting and speed things up too.
They are told they're the hunter, right?
Also, this will encourage wolves to not be on late in a bandwagon, a tell which was one I nailed fingerwitch on, last game. But, yeah, I approve. :)
26th Sep 2010, 7:30 PM #9
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
ranger_brian_new:They are told they're the hunter, right?
Also, this will encourage wolves to not be on late in a bandwagon, a tell which was one I nailed fingerwitch on, last game. But, yeah, I approve. :)

Correct. I thought about that for a while, but in the end, I decided things might be more interesting if they knew about it previously.
By the way, there's 11 roles, which includes Wolves, so it's 9/20 chance of being a Villager.

Also, the roles were already determined via a random number generator prior to posting the thread, so there won't be any bias~
"*shifts eyes back and fourth* :P", 26th Sep 2010, 8:08 PM #10
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Ice the frosty cat:Also, the roles were already determined via a random number generator prior to posting the thread, so there won't be any bias~
Heh. Let's hope the like of the number 2 won't be my downfall. :P
Also, I love how the village has a freakin' huge town wall. Apparently, we're paranoid. :P (But, hey, wouldn't YOU be after seeing deaths every night? :P)

Anyway, you might want to update the first post with the current 3 signups.
26th Sep 2010, 8:16 PM #11
hedgehogboy5♂

Registration date: 27th Aug 2010
ooooooh I wanna join am I supposed to copy the list and put me on it? if so
2. Ranger
3. Elayne the Distrait
11. Kristy
13.Hedge
I clicky
adafgfkllsjl
26th Sep 2010, 8:18 PM #12
hedgehogboy5♂

wait I'm new how do the werewolves decide who they kill without like posting their votes?
I clicky
adafgfkllsjl
26th Sep 2010, 8:21 PM #13
Butt Hunter♂
B.H. Baracus
Registration date: 26th Apr 2009
They use the private messaging function (top right, under the green bar)
26th Sep 2010, 8:25 PM #14
hedgehogboy5♂

ok I thought it would be something like that was just making sure
I clicky
adafgfkllsjl
26th Sep 2010, 8:30 PM #15
hedgehogboy5♂

does each day in real life act as a day on here or what?
I clicky
adafgfkllsjl
26th Sep 2010, 8:33 PM #16
Kristy♀
Noodle
Registration date: 16th Mar 2010
hedgehogboy5:does each day in real life act as a day on here or what?

Each Day/Night phase is usually 24 hours, but it varies depending on the Narrator. There's usually plenty of time to vote/discuss, regardless. :O
"Fish is rather good!", 26th Sep 2010, 8:34 PM #17
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Sort-of. 24 hours is a day. The next 24 is night. At least, in past games.
(Also, I'd change your signup sheet to just "hedge". Long full names are annoying. :P)
And, hey, now I'm not the newest fish to the pond!
(Wolves say: "Mmm, fresh fish!" :P)
26th Sep 2010, 9:03 PM #18
fingerwitch♀

Registration date: 10th Sep 2009
1. Fingerwitch
2. Ranger
3. Elayne
11. Kristy
13. Hedge

I'm number one! I'm number one!

And also,

Ice:At least, until a curse struck the village. In a matter of days, the town was ravaged by a stunningly handsome and clever Werewolf and his mysterious and sexy (albeit somewhat confused and ineffective) associate.

Fixed that for ya.

Andrea G.

La Fin du Monde
26th Sep 2010, 9:08 PM #19
hedgehogboy5♂

ranger_brian_new:
Sort-of. 24 hours is a day. The next 24 is night. At least, in past games.
(Also, I'd change your signup sheet to just "hedge". Long full names are annoying. :P)
And, hey, now I'm not the newest fish to the pond!
(Wolves say: "Mmm, fresh fish!" :P)

oh noes! Luckily there are spines covering my body inhospitable to fleshy pink wolf mouth insides.

Also: I changed my name to Hedge on the sheet.
I clicky
adafgfkllsjl
"Let me guess:", 26th Sep 2010, 9:19 PM #20
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
hedgehogboy5:oh noes! Luckily there are spines covering my body inhospitable to fleshy pink wolf mouth insides.
Also: I changed my name to Hedge on the sheet.
You're the talkative type, aren't you? :P
Rather annoying. :P
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [21]