You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Werewolf XII
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [41]

"Werewolf XII", 19th Jan 2011, 2:39 PM #1
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
(Apologies if there's any objections to me running a second game, but fuck, we've waited long enough. Someone had to take initiative. I'm not terribly busy right now anyway either)
-----

The Wizard descended into his basement, finally able to escape his wife’s nagging. He blew the dust off of his game board and began clearing it up. There sure was a lot of mess. It sure had been a while since his last game. He uneasily glanced at his orange orb, which was starting to fade. At this rate, his meta world would start to disintegrate and he’d be apprehended by the Wizard Police.
He can’t go back to Wizard Prison. Not now. Not ever.
…But even so, his board was really messy. It was time to give it a good cleanup.
While he was putting his alchemy books back on their shelves, he accidentally knocked a box onto the floor. The lid popped off and a few figures scattered out. Aha! So that’s where he’d left them. He put them with the others. This game should be very interesting.
Finally, the basement was clean. He was just about ready to start. He approached his game board and raised his orb, ready to begin the game.
“THOMAS!” a shrill voice pierced the room “GET MY SLIPPERS! THE WIZARD CAT IS STUCK IN THE WIZARD TREE AGAIN!”
The wizard shot a nasty glare at the door and headed up the stairs
“FOR THE LAST TIME, DEAR, THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS WIZARD CATS!” he yelled back uselessly “AND THAT’S AN APPLE TREE!”
And so the basement was empty. For a few seconds, anyway. As soon as the wizard was gone, there was a flash of orange and a much younger man, also dressed in purple, appeared in front of the game board.
“Hehe, damn, that was close. I thought for sure I was going to miss my chance to place my piece this time…”
He slipped his hand into his robe and pulled a small figure out, slipping it in with the rest.
“Soon, father, I will bring you to justice…”
Footsteps approached the basement, and the younger man quickly clicked his fingers and disappeared in a poof of orange. The door swung open and the wizard returned, locking the door this time. He was finally ready to begin. His orb glowed and a magical cloud surrounded the board, bringing it to life.

Rules:
-Join the game by copying the list from the person before you and adding your name onto it.
-The roles have been randomly generated before posting so feel free to pick whatever number you like.
-The game consists of alternations between a day phase and a night phase.
-During the day, the villagers choose a player to lynch. The player who amasses the most votes will die. The lynched player’s role will be revealed and then we will move onto the night phase. Votes will be made in the thread and in public
-During the night, the werewolves and the various roles will perform their actions. These will be done via a PM to me. It’s recommended that you keep your role a secret.
-In-depth PMing is not allowed. I can’t enforce this, but I’d rather that no-one but those with permission communicate outside of the thread.

To win:
Villagers:
The villagers must eliminate all of the wolf aligned players in order to win.

Wolves:
The wolves must even out the numbers. When there is an equal amount of villagers and wolves, the wolves will win.

Special:
There are some special roles this time that only win under certain condition. These will be mentioned in the description of the roles in question.

Roles:
There’ve been some new roles added this round as well as some changes to existing ones. Most of the new roles are only small though, but I think they’ll be quite fun. Feel free to offer feedback on them if you think anything needs changing.

Alpha Wolf
-The leader of the pack. They command the group and have the final say in everything.
-Instead of killing a victim, they may choose one of the villagers to convert. This process takes three night phases (including the one the conversion is made). The converted wolf will keep the power of any role they have. However, the converted wolf will not have access to wolf chat (for reasons I will explain in a bit.). Everything must go through the Alpha wolf.

Fraud Wolf
-A sneaky wolf, very good at disguising themselves
-When they are checked by the Seer, they will appear to be a villager
-If the Seer and the Ghost find each other, the disguise will no longer work

Stalker Wolf
-An even sneakier wolf, able to spy on the villagers
-They may choose someone to stalk each night. In the morning, they will know that villager’s role
-However, this comes at a price. The chosen villager will feel a sense that they’re being watched, although whether that makes a difference is up to you.

Vigilante x2
-These villagers have taken it upon themselves to take action. They may choose to either be Noble or Corrupt
-The Corrupt Vigilante works as the Framer did in previous games. They choose one villager, who, if checked by the Seer, will appear to be a wolf. Additionally, the chosen villager will be given a vote in secret the next day
-The Noble vigilante works to neutralize any effects by the other roles. They choose one villager during the night, and any attempts to interact with that villager by the other roles that night are cancelled out. Additionally, the chosen villager will have one less vote the next day.

Traitor
-A slimy git who’d rather sell out his friends than die. If the wolves come knocking for him, he begs to join them. There’s a 75% chance of this working. If it fails, the wolves will kill him anyway

Mercenary
-Recently hired by a mysterious man in purple, this villager’s only mission is to exterminate everything in sight.
-Their task is primarily to kill the Werewolves, but they are just as content to kill innocent villagers too. In order to win, they must remain alive until the endgame (Being killed by the wolves afterwards in the case of a wolf victory doesn't disrupt this).
-Once every two night phases, they may choose one villager to kill. There’s a 50% chance of this succeeding.
-If this player is lynched, they will shoot the last person to vote for him, in a final bid for victory.

Meta-gamer
-A smart individual who figured out what’s going on. They know about the wizard’s game. Their mission: Outsmart the wizard
-Cannot be lynched. If the villagers attempt to do so, he’ll simply run away and break the rules. He won’t return for three days. In this time, he cannot vote and cannot be targeted by the wolves. He will also not count towards the villager count during this time.
-They only win when the wolves win.

Seer
-As always, the Seer may use their mystical powers to check the alliance of one individual per night. However, if a villager was lynched the previous day phase, there is a 10% chance of the reading being incorrect
-They are the only one allowed to communicate with the ghost.
-There is a 30% chance of them surviving a Werewolf attack

Guardian
-An anonymous symbol of hope for many years (allegedly). They wield the legendary sword “Snuffy” and vow to protect the villagers from attacks.
-They choose one villager to protect per night. That player cannot be killed that night, be the attacker a wolf or otherwise.
-The day afterwards, the chosen player may not be lynched. If the villagers insist on it, the guardian will be lynched instead. The villagers will be informed of the player who was defended, unless the guardian defends themselves, in which case they may still be lynched.
-A role that gets in a fight with the guardian will be injured and unable to take part in the next night phase. This only affects the wolves if there’s only one remaining

Ghost
-A villager who just couldn’t pass on yet. Their spirit lingers on the game board until they have attempted their revenge
-They may choose one player to take revenge on during the night. This kill cannot be defended by the guardian.
-After making this kill, they will pass on and leave the game

Sheriff
-Owner of the local jail, the Sheriff is the only true symbol of authority in the village
-They may choose one player to lock up each night phase. The chosen player will be unable to take part in the next day and night phases (No voting, and no performing roles)

Medic
-A selfless doctor, dedicated to protecting victims of werewolf attacks.
-They choose two people to check on each night. If one of these is targeted by the wolves, the Medic will save them in time and take them home.
-The incapacitated villagers are still counted as dead, but they are very much alive. They are still able to vote from their beds, although if they had a role, it will no longer work.
-If the Medic is killed, then all of their patients will die with them, with no longer to look after them. They'll no longer be able to vote.

Spy
-A passive role, uncovered only when the player is converted by the wolves. To the wolves, they will appear to be an ordinary wolf like normal, but they secretly stay on the villagers side and work from within to destroy the wolves.
-When converted, they will learn the identity of the Alpha wolf. If the Alpha wolf isn’t careful, the Spy may be able to find the identities of the other wolves (and corrupt vigilantes) as well. What they do with this information is up to then.

Idiot
-The Village Idiot is an idiotic chap. He’s a bit dumb, to say the least
-Panicked by the situation, he’s decided that he would prefer to be lynched than mauled.
-He will only win if he has been lynched by the end of the game.

Anyway, let’s see. I think we can attempt 25 players again this time.

Player list.
1. Magravan
2. Ranger - Traitor - Death Scene - Broke his neck when he fell off his house. Hung on Ol' Lynchy anyway.
3. geekgrrl - Alpha Wolf - Her indecisiveness left her with a target painted on her back. That and those huge wings.
4. Skrael
5. DerrickMichael5
6. Jacob Gristwood - Villager - He stopped being punny, then he just stopped.
7. Biophysicist - Villager - Disappeared from the game board, never to be seen again...
8. Salty
9. Adamisgr8 - Villager - Death Scene - He wanted to be the very best. Unfortunately, he wasn't.
10. Antihero - Spy - Death Scene - Oh the irony.
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
13. Hedge - Village Idiot - Death Scene - Concocted a clever plan to get himself killed. It worked.
14. Macey
15. Espeh
16. -Jim the baby frog - Village Pet - Death Scene - Cruelly eaten by the wolves. We will always remember him.
17. Sarge - Metagamer - It's the duty of a Game Master to ensure meta-gamers do not ruin the fun~
18. Shaggers
19. Cyborg_572 - Sheriff - Bob's killer. Mystery solved.
20. Tres - Corrupt Vigilante - Betrayal, deception, sadisticness. Yeah.
21. Jrade - Villager - Death Scene - BABY FROGS!
22. Leiko - Seer - Death Scene - Decided to do a spot of late night redecorating. It cost her.
23. Bob - Shot in the head with a gun. Surely it must have been a wolf who killed him, right?
24. MatthewJA - Villager - Lynched. Nothing more to say.
25. Rhaimes - Villager - Death Scene - Another victim of the noose.

(I'm going to go all out with the art this time. No quick flash images this time.)
19th Jan 2011, 2:52 PM #2
Kristy♀
Noodle
Registration date: 16th Mar 2010
11. Kristy

Nyohoho~ I like the new roles! Very interesting... I'm curious to see how this'll work.
19th Jan 2011, 3:03 PM #3
Shaggers♂
Knock knock
Registration date: 18th Dec 2009
11. Kristy
18. Shaggers

I told myself I wouldn't play the next game, but it's been like...3 years since then. So I'm in :D

New roles sound pretty good! And dear lord yes! No PMing! I'll be watching you guys >:(

19th Jan 2011, 3:50 PM #4
DerrickMichael5♂

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2010
5.DerrickMichael5
11. Kristy
18. Shaggers
19th Jan 2011, 4:22 PM #5
Sarge♂
Dawg
5.DerrickMichael5
11. Kristy
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers
19th Jan 2011, 4:35 PM #6
DerrickMichael5♂

Sarge:Sarge Joins

Yes! I wanted to message you to inform you that this was starting, but I couldn't get on facebook in school xD
19th Jan 2011, 4:35 PM #7
DerrickMichael5♂

Sarge:Sarge Joins

Yes! I wanted to message you to inform you that this was starting, but I couldn't get on facebook in school xD
19th Jan 2011, 5:12 PM #8
Cyborg_572♂
M-M-M-Moderator
Registration date: 5th Dec 2008
You mentioned wolfchat... should I ready it for you? If so PM me with the password you want and stuff.
19th Jan 2011, 5:17 PM #9
lalaland♀

Registration date: 1st Oct 2010
5.DerrickMichael5
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers

Screw it, I'm with shaggers. I'll make time for this game. ;D
19th Jan 2011, 5:49 PM #10
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Cyborg_572:You mentioned wolfchat... should I ready it for you? If so PM me with the password you want and stuff.

Yes, that'd be very helpful, thanks :)

Also I just realized I omitted important tidbit about the Medic: If they're killed, then any of their patients will also die for real and will no longer be able to vote. I'll go update the entry.
19th Jan 2011, 7:51 PM #11
Biophysicist♂

Registration date: 13th Oct 2010
5.DerrickMichael5
7. Biophysicist
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers
19th Jan 2011, 8:55 PM #12
Salty♂
Quabble
Registration date: 14th Jan 2010
5.DerrickMichael5
7. Biophysicist
8. Salty
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers

The new roles sound awesome. Can't wait to see how they go!
19th Jan 2011, 9:04 PM #13
hedgehogboy5♂

Registration date: 27th Aug 2010
5.DerrickMichael5
7. Biophysicist
8. Salty
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
13. Hedge
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers

BOOYAH!
I clicky
adafgfkllsjl
19th Jan 2011, 9:32 PM #14
geekgrrl♀
ARGHHHHHHH
Registration date: 1st Feb 2010
3. geekgrrl
5.DerrickMichael5
7. Biophysicist
8. Salty
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
13. Hedge
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers

Yaaaay!
19th Jan 2011, 9:49 PM #15
Leiko♀

Registration date: 31st Jul 2010
3. geekgrrl
5.DerrickMichael5
7. Biophysicist
8. Salty
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
13. Hedge
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers
22.Leiko
19th Jan 2011, 10:23 PM #16
lalaland♀

Registration date: 1st Oct 2010
May i just say that village idiot is officially my new favorite role. xD
19th Jan 2011, 10:30 PM #17
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Hehe, I like it as well. I figured it'd be fun to throw in a few "useless" roles, so that there were less ordinary villagers without upsetting the balance of the game. My favourite of the new one is the Meta-Gamer, though. I got the idea for the others from other places, but the Meta-Gamer is an entirely original role that I came up with.
That said, I do like the Spy and I really hope we get to see him in action in at least one game, if not this one :D
19th Jan 2011, 11:01 PM #18
Sarge♂
Dawg
I think the spy is an awesome addition and it would be awesome it the spy actually got a chance to use his/her powers in the game xD
"signup first, read later!", 20th Jan 2011, 12:58 AM #19
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
2. Ranger
3. geekgrrl
5.DerrickMichael5
7. Biophysicist
8. Salty
11. Kristy
12. lalaland
13. Hedge
17. Sarge
18. Shaggers
22.Leiko
20th Jan 2011, 1:15 AM #20
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
I, personally, am not a fan of the Mercenary being third-party, unless he gets to kill every night, instead of every other night. If he was allowed to be town, every-other is fine. If he can kill every night, third-party is fine. But currently? It doesn't look like he wins with the town. He wins when alive, and nobody else is. You DO know how hard that is with this many players, right, Ice? (Or if you want to keep them killing every-other night but not town, then I'd recommend making them immune to the werewolves' kill.)

Also, I love being the role who's supposed to get lynched, but, well, it can be surprisingly annoying. Say, if I got that role. It doesn't take much for me to look like I'm town; it actually takes a lot to look like a wolf for me, so it'd be hard to get a lynch, I'd have to dodge the wolves, and I'm sure I'd annoy the town in that situation, too, an overall not very pleasant role.

...Very fun, but very annoying at the same time, if that makes sense.
Spy: Good role!
Meta-gamer: Eh, not real fond of it. It's an invincible werewolf, basically.

About the medic: I think the medic's patients should be able to vote (like you currently have them), but specify they can't talk, honestly. (I prefer it differently, obviously, but I think for the sake of fairness--while they can have votes--actually talking negates the reason they were killed in the first place.)
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [41]