You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Werewolf XIV
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [59]

"Werewolf XIV", 18th Mar 2011, 4:00 AM #1
Sarge♂
Dawg
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 18th Dec 2009
I'll update the introduction post with all of the images tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Hopefully I'm not missing anything. If I am, I'll update it tomorrow morning.

The Man in Green adjusted his thick-rimmed glasses, pushed the party hat further up his head, and stroked his massive brown beard. He flipped open the leather-bound journal, and began reading the entries.

[Day One]

Bob is dead. I knew it would be happening. I’ve noticed something recently. I haven’t the foggiest idea how I’ve ever gotten here. In fact, I don’t remember ever moving to this tiny village. How the hell did I get here? How did we all get here? We don’t have parents; we don’t have any sort of relatives whatsoever. Yet somehow, we all apparently know each other, and no-one seems to question our existence. How the hell did we get here? And now, “werewolves” are attacking? This is bullshit. There is something more going on here.

[Day Two]

Yesterday evening, they lynched Ranger. He was the “traitor”, someone who, deep in their heart, wanted to be a wolf, but he really wasn’t. Also, our “seer”, Leiko, was killed by the werewolves. I had last night to ponder over our situation. I know that deep in my heart there is something there. I know that there is more to this than meets the eye. No-one believes me. I’ll show them though. I’ll show them all.

Hedge was “lynched”. Turns out, he wanted to be. No sane person would do this. This is all one big game. One big hoax. I’ll find out what’s going on here.

[Day 3]

Turns out that the frog that everyone had cared so deeply about ended up dead. Good riddance. One less distraction on my quest to find out what is happening.

I’ve been having really strange dreams recently. In my dream, I saw an older version of myself… drowning in custard. It was extremely strange. I had another dream where I was a werewolf, getting into an altercation inside my factory, falling into a vat of custard, and then ending up being lynched. There was another one which somehow I knew took place 4 years ago. In it, the entire village was asleep, until howls in the dead of night awakened the sleepers. I’m going to get to the bottom of all these dreams.

MatthewJA was lynched. Not a big deal, considering the fact that he was a mere villager. I’ve started to make sense of the dreams. They are so vivid, they’re almost like memories. I can swear I’ve done this all before.

[Day 4]

The Alpha werewolf was killed in the dead of night by the Mercenary. However, I feel no joy in that. I almost feel as though if I don’t survive alongside the werewolves, I will never truly get to the bottom of this.

Tres was lynched, and apparently it was a just lynch. She was the corrupt vigilante, working on the wolves’ side. I just hope I figure this stuff out before it’s too late.

[Day 5]

Jrade was eaten, but apparently has given us a nice present of baby frogs. For fuck’s sake, doesn’t anyone realize what’s going on here? This whole thing is a lie. It’s like a delicious cake filled with terrible things that’ll kill you. I’ve almost finished interpreting the dreams. I feel as though they are actually visions of the past, and not simply visual spectres of the night. I know how crazy that sounds, and no-one would ever believe me. Even I don’t fully believe myself.

Rhaimes was lynched. He was yet another villager. I don’t care. The more that die off, the closer I get to the answer. Tonight I will sleep, and figure this out once and for all.

[Day 6]

Antihero was killed during the night. However, that doesn’t matter. I awoke in the middle of the night, drenched with sweat. My dreams were filled with flashes of images, comprised of blood, death, wizards, and villagers. And when I woke up, it became clear to me. I have done this before. Plenty of times, in fact. This is all a game. A game played by a malevolent wizard. We were just there to be used for his personal gain. Well no more. I vow to defeat this damned wizard once and for all. I will not be subjected to his game. I will find a way out of this. I’m going to try to tell the others. They won’t believe me, but I’ll be damned if I don’t try.

Jacob was lynched.

I don’t have long to write this. I can hear a large racket going on outside. I am going to investigate. If I don’t, I might not get the answers I need.

I’ve locked myself within the factory. I was hurt pretty bad, the wolves almost tearing my arm off. It’s a good thing custard has some nice healing properties, or else I’d have bled to death. I’ve also lost my hat. It’s a shame, seeing as how that was such a good-quality party hat.

Cyborg’s dead. He was cut to pieces by the Mercenary. I managed to escape by throwing custard into the faces of the wolves that attacked me. I’m going to get out of here, before it’s too late. I’m going to leave this village before the Wizard comes back and shuts down this game, taking all of our life energy with him.

Derrick arrived at the factory. I gave him my last bowl of custard. I don’t know what he plans to do with it, but I can hear a battle ensuing outside and I think now would be the time of my escape. As soon as I have escaped, I will record what had happened. If I do not escape, I hope that this journal will be left behind to inform future game players as to what happened here, this fateful night.

This will be the night I change things for the better.
After tonight, nothing will be the same.
This game will be in my hands.
I will alter our destiny.

The Man in Green picked up a quill that was sitting on the desk next to him, and began recording the events in the journal. Eventually, he heard yelling coming from upstairs.

“I’ll be back soon, woman!” He heard a man yell.

“I want you to come back here and rub my feet!” A woman yelled in response.

“I need some alone time!” the man yelled again.

“Yeah right! I know you’re going to go downstairs and spend time with your little friend again!” she yelled.

“Whatever!” was the only thing the man could respond with. The Man in Green looked up and saw the purple robes, and knew that the wizard was coming down.

“So, have you thought about my proposition?” The wizard asked him. The Man in Green nodded.

“I’ll do it.” He said.

“Excellent.” The wizard said. “I won’t tell you how to run this, but I will teach you what you need to know.” He said as he pulled a box off of a shelf. He opened it up and unfolded the cardboard game board, laying it flat on the table. He also grabbed a handful of game pieces. The Man in Green recognized them right away. They were all carved in the likeness of villagers he once talked to in person.

“I take it you recognize them.” The wizard smiled. The Man in Green simply nodded. “These are the villagers.” With a wave of his staff, some of the models transformed, becoming bastardized versions of themselves. They took the form of wolves. “These are the werewolves.” He waved his staff again, and a few more pieces transformed. “These are the rest of the classes. Your piece used to belong with these, but of course, you’re here now.” The wizard handed him the pieces.

The Man in Green took them and arranged them on the board. He set up the tree named “Ol’ Lynchy”, the houses, and even the custard factory that he had known all of his life (lives) (lives which spanned an average of a week or two). The wizard handed him the orange orb that rested on his staff. The Man in Green placed the orb into a fixture that hung over the game board. The wizard smiled.

“Let the game begin.”

Basic Rules:
- Get started by copying the list and adding your name to it.
- You will not know what role you have. Your role will be assigned to you from the start, as the numbers have already been assigned a role.
- The game consists of two phases, a Day and a Night phase.
- -In the game’s best interest, please refrain from discussing tactics and reasonings via pm. I can’t enforce it, but it takes away an important element of the game: the publicity of your suspicions and reasons.

Day Phase
During the day phase, villagers choose to lynch a person. These votes will be posted here in this thread. Majority rules in this game, and the person to amass the most votes gets lynched. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be chosen by a flip of a coin or by some other means of random choice. You can post as much or as little reasoning as you’d like. Be warned: you are not allowed to reveal your role to fellow players!

Night Phase
During the night phase, no discussion of tactics or reasoning is permitted. Instead, all roles that are active during the night will pm decisions to me.
-In your best interest, please keep your role a secret. You never know who you can and can’t trust.
- If you are attacked or are selected as a target for a role, you will receive a short notification which describes the night’s actions that involve you. You will not be able to know who targeted you, but you will know the events of that night’s actions regarding you.

Winning:
The villagers win by lynching all of the werewolves & wolf-aligned players.

The werewolves win by either whittling down the villagers until there is an equal amount of werewolves and villagers, or by killing off all of the villagers.

Roles:

Note: some of these roles have taken on attributes from game XII, game X, and game XIII. Some changes have been made. If you want to suggest a change, please post it before the game starts, and I’ll consider your suggestions.

WEREWOLF ROLES:

Alpha Werewolf:

This werewolf is the leader of the pack. In addition to standard wolf powers, the Alpha werewolf can choose to convert a villager instead of conducting a normal attack. This has a 60% chance of working, and if the conversion is successful, it will take 3 days for the villager to convert. The converted villager will still keep his/her role powers, but will not be able to access wolf-chat.

The Fraud:

The Fraud has the ability to hide his/her true nature. If this wolf is chosen to be revealed to the seer, he/she will come up as a mere “villager”. However, there is a 10% chance that The Fraud will forget to keep his/her mental barrier up, and in that event the seer would be able to see who The Fraud really is.

The Stalker:

The Stalker has the ability to “see” the role of one player every 2 nights. The Stalker will then know the person’s true role, and be able to relay this information to his/her wolf buddies. This creates an interesting dynamic, wherein The Stalker is the wolves’ way to counter the Seer.

NEUTRAL ROLES:

The Traitor:

The Traitor doesn’t know who he/she really is. All they know is that they are terrified of the new threat to the village, and somewhere deep in their heart they know they’d rather join the wolves than be killed. If the Traitor is attacked by the wolves, he/she has a 50% chance of being converted. If the Seer decides to “see” the Traitor, his/her role will come back as a “wolf”, whether or not he/she has been converted yet.

The Mercenary:

The Mercenary is a person who has taken upon themselves the job of killing. Everything. Technically they are supposed to be killing wolves, but they can kill villagers too and feel no remorse. Every two nights the Mercenary chooses a person to attack. There is a 50% chance of the Mercenary succeeding. If the Mercenary is lynched, they will take down the poor soul who last voted for them.

The Vigilante (x2):

The Vigilante is a person who decides to take matters into their own hands. They have a choice of approaching the wolves and joining their side, or staying with the villagers.

NOTE: Sides are first-come, first serve. If the side you want is already taken, you have to take the other side.

-Noble: Should the Vigilante decide to stay with the villagers, they are able to choose one person at night to interfere and if they are chosen as a target for any role, that action will be cancelled.
-Corrupt: Should the Vigilante decide they want to join the wolves, they can choose one person per night to “frame”. This means that when the seer “sees” the framed person, their role comes back as a “wolf”, despite what their role truly is.

The Prodigy:

The Prodigy is well… the Prodigy… Let’s put it this way: The Prodigy wants to help, but he isn’t the best at what he does. A novice seer with good intentions, the Prodigy can choose to see the role of one person per night. However, the Prodigy has a 40% chance that they will get it right. If they get it wrong, they will be shown a random role instead. If the Prodigy gets it right, they will learn the true identity of their target and can do with it what they please. They cannot contact any roles about what they learn, and they cannot communicate with the Ghost.

VILLAGER ROLES:

Villagers are the backbone to, well, a village. They are the heart and soul behind the community. Each day, the villagers (determined to bring peace to their village), gather around Ol’ Lynchy to vote on who to lynch each day. Among these villagers, there are ones with roles as secret as the werewolves’.

The Seer:

The Seer has mystic powers that were awakened with the arrival of the Werewolves. Every night, the Seer can look into their crystal ball and view the true intentions of their target’s soul. Also, once the ghost is lynched, the Seer has a 40% chance of “contacting” the ghost each night. Once the Seer contacts the ghost, the Seer can openly communicate with the ghost, allowing for better teamwork.

The Ghost:

The Ghost is a person who, after death, just couldn’t let their business unattended to. The person who has the role of The Ghost doesn’t know it, and after he/she dies, they will receive a PM letting them know that they can kill someone. The ghost can’t kill someone until 2 night phases after they are killed. The Ghost cannot contact anyone, except for the Seer when the Seer “finds” them. When the Seer contacts the ghost, a PM will be sent to the Ghost, letting them know who the Seer is and allowing them to communicate.

The Village Idiot:

The village idiot is a person who is, well, extremely idiotic. He/she would rather be lynched than be killed by the wolves, and so if they are lynched they “win the game” and are awarded a special “achievement”.

The Guardian:

A villager who, working in secret, becomes the protector of the village & looks out for the well-being of every villager. During the night, The Guardian chooses to protect one person from harm. During the day, that person is also protected from being lynched. The village will know who was protected, and if they demand that the person is lynched, the Guardian will sacrifice their life to save that villager. (If the Guardian protects his/herself and the village demands the lynch, they will be lynched regardless).

Medic:

The Medic is an individual with a heart of gold, and a surgeon’s knife as sharp as their wit. The Medic can choose two people every night to check up on. If one of those is targeted by the wolf, The Medic will rescue them. However, this person is incapacitated, and can no longer perform any special role assigned to them. They will still be able to vote, but they cannot perform any actions during the night (if they have any). If the Medic dies, all of the incapacitated will die as well.

Sheriff:

The Sheriff dons a shiny golden badge in the hopes that they will remain the one true symbol of peace and serenity in this chaotic world. Every night, the Sheriff can choose one person to lock up in the jail. That person will not be able to take part the next day, or the next night until someone else is locked up. Which means that person will not be able to vote or use any sort of night-role).

Feel free to suggest changes to any roles, or any additional roles before the game starts!!

We’ll shoot for 25 players & a deadline. The deadline will be 5:00AM (GMT +0) Sunday (12:00AM GMT+5). If more than 25 players show up before the deadline, they will be added to the original 25. If not a lot of people sign up before then, I'll consider extending the deadline. Just copy & paste the list & put your name down!

Registration is now closed!

1. Yuudai
2. Ranger Lynched after his creation of The Master Guide to the Werewolves. He was a villager
3. Hedge Was eaten by the werewolves. I guess they didn't know he was the Corrupt Vigilante
4. Orangelink A Villager who was ambushed by the werewolves in a Jurassic Park reference, and then lynched.
5. DerrickMichaelMotherFugging5
6. geekgrrl Tragically lynched by her fellow villagers. She was the Noble Vigilante
7. Jrade
8. Silver Streak Incapacitated at the current moment.
9. SAAC
10. Antihero
11. MagravanIncapacitated.
12. Lala Turned into bunny stew by the wolves. Looks like it really was Rabbit Season. She was a villager
13. Bandkanon Tragically beheaded by the Mercenary. I guess it's okay, she was the traitor.
14. atilla_the_bum
15. FFAA
16. Adamisgr8
17. OneCanofSprite The seer, he was tragically lynched in a power play by MatthewJA.
18. MatthewJA Was lynched with help from OCOS. He was the Alpha Wolf turned into Werewolf Stew.
19. Milanor the Silver Wolf
20. MadTarnsman Strangely disappeared, and like Pie, was never found.
21. Macey A victim of a tasteless werewolf joke. she was a villager
22. accidentally_funny His head was presented to them as a gift. Poor villager.
23. Frosty
24. Purity Of The Crystals The ghost, Purity gave away presents before moving on.
25. SuperPie Disappeared, and was never found.
18th Mar 2011, 4:09 AM #2
DerrickMichael5♂

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2010
5. DerrickMichaelMotherFuggin5
18th Mar 2011, 4:17 AM #3
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
18. MatthewJA
18th Mar 2011, 5:23 AM #4
Bandkanon♀

Registration date: 25th Feb 2011
... I'M. NOMBRE. ONE.
ONE-THREE.

13. Bandkanon
18. MatthewJA
18th Mar 2011, 6:14 AM #5
Onecanofsprite♂

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
sign me up as 17 .
18th Mar 2011, 6:17 AM #6
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
9. MatthewJA
13. Bandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA
18th Mar 2011, 8:39 AM #7
Jrade♂

Registration date: 12th Oct 2010
MatthewJA:1.
7. Jrade
9. MatthewJA
13. JradeBandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA

Augh! You took my lucky spot! Thirteen won me my Bunneh shirt!

Still, seven's are nice...I'm content with seven.

REDACTED FOR LACK OF UPDATES

I'm probably overthinking this...
18th Mar 2011, 8:50 AM #8
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
Registration date: 20th Dec 2009
2. Ranger
7. Jrade
9. MatthewJA
13. Jrade Bandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA

Will read later.

So...basically, Sarge is doing the same thing as Ranger was (running his own game), only now with the approval of The Wizard?
18th Mar 2011, 8:51 AM #9
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
I vote ranger.
18th Mar 2011, 9:13 AM #10
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
I approve of the following:

-Weaker Alpha Conversion
. Under one condition:
If the conversion fails, they get to try again.
That might sound too powerful, but come on, six nights? That's a long time to wait for an extra member of the pack (assuming it works then--they can fail again, and wait for NINE nights, which could fail and wait for TWELVE nights--that's how long last game was with 28 players!), assuming the Alpha even LIVES that long. Not too unreasonable to ask for, in my mind.

-Weaker Fraud.
-Guardian. Looks pretty much unchanged.

-Medic. Though you might want to clarify just what patients are capable of doing. Are they able to talk freely, or do they have to have some sort of posting restriction? (I for one enjoy creative restrictions. Not necessarily on length [for obvious reasons :P] or clarity [I'm cryptic enough on my own, thank you very much! :P], but fun little things, like always having to put a certain phrase in a post. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Medic was Matt and patients were required to shout "I POST A LOT"? :P [Just an example, but you get the idea--I don't think that patients should be allowed to talk unrestricted, but their restrictions don't necessarily have to be harsh.])

I semi-approve of the following:

-Two Vigs
. We've seen game balance, and if the two vigs choose the same alignment, the other side is effectively screwed, but I do think we somehow need two. Last game felt lacking with only one.

-Prodigy. It's too strong as it currently is. Reduce the 50% to be 40%, and it's fine.

-The Ghost/Seer mechanic. It seems a bit too weak. I approve of the delayed kill, and the reduction in percentage, but not by that much. One night and 40% would be better, in my opinion.

-Village Idiot. Does semi-affect game balance by wasting a town's lynch. Unless you're Jacob. :P

-The restriction on claiming. I think people should be allowed to say they HAVE a role, but not WHAT role. I for one can only survive a lynch this way (and even then, it's not a guarantee). I promised that if I got a role, I'd say, "I'm NOT a villager, people, so if you lynch me, you will be aware of the consequences". And I see nothing wrong with that. (I'd say it as a wolf, too, 'cause it's technically true. :P) Especially considering villagers can lie and say they have something when they don't, and roles can lie and say they're villagers.

In other words, I like the ability to half-claim, to claim you are important, to hint at a role, but your current ruling on such a situation is ambiguous.

I do NOT approve of the following:

-The Stalker
. We've already talked about how this ability is too strong for the Wolves. If it got a reduction to 50% chance of success, then I'd approve, but otherwise, WAY too strong.

-The Traitor. Come on, it's not like we've actually converted a traitor in the past; the last thing the role needs is a reduction in its conversion ability! This should be way higher. No lower than 60%, preferably a higher number like 75-80%.

-The Mercenary's reduction in venge-lynch success. It should succeed, in my mind, because that's a carryover ability all the way from Game 7; I'd prefer it not be messed around with and reduced.
18th Mar 2011, 9:15 AM #11
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Sarge can do what he likes, it's his game.
18th Mar 2011, 9:22 AM #12
ranger_brianna_new♀
_version
MatthewJA:Sarge can do what he likes, it's his game.
I know, and happen to agree with ya. But
-Having been around for over half the Werewolf games,
-Having just hosted one,
-Having done this same process ever since Game Seven was around (seriously, I did it for every single game I was in),
-Having been hanging around Chatzy and seen other opinions on this matter,

I think I'm entitled to my opinion and friendly feedback. ;)

Of course it's his game and he can do what he likes, but he definitely should at least listen to the experience I've gained.
18th Mar 2011, 9:23 AM #13
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
I was more picking at your wording :D I respect your opinions.
18th Mar 2011, 9:23 AM #14
SuperPie♂
Not the real slim shady
Registration date: 3rd Jan 2010
2. Ranger
7. Jrade
9. MatthewJA
13. Jrade Bandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA
25. SuperPie

I may aswell play I guess.

SuperPie Being Award - 2011 GSICD Awards
18th Mar 2011, 9:59 AM #15
Jrade♂

Registration date: 12th Oct 2010
2. Ranger
7. Jrade
9. MatthewJA
13. Bandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA
25. SuperPie

REDACTED FOR LACK OF UPDATES

I'm probably overthinking this...
18th Mar 2011, 10:15 AM #16
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
2. Ranger
5. DerrickMichael
7. Jrade
9. MatthewJA
13. Bandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA
23. Frosty
25. SuperPie

Agreeing with Ranger for the most part. Maybe the second Vig should be forced to pick the other side, on a first come first serve basis :P?
(Any paticular reason the Vigilante's ability to add/remove a vote from their targeted player was removed? I liked that :P)
18th Mar 2011, 3:35 PM #17
Yuudai♂

Registration date: 10th Feb 2011

1.Yuudai
2. Ranger
5. DerrickMichael
7. Jrade
9. MatthewJA
13. Bandkanon
17. OneCanofSprite
18. MatthewJA