Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - It's Not That Easy Being Green [DrunkDuck Convalescence Thread]

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > It's Not That Easy Being Green [DrunkDuck Convalescence Thread]
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [51]

"It's Not That Easy Being Green [DrunkDuck Convalescence Thread]", 13th Jul 2011, 10:24 AM #1
Arden♂
Public enemy BABIES
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 19th Aug 2009
So a couple of threads have been giving the impression we don't welcome DD users here and attempts to make more welcoming threads have gone pear shaped. Well this is my DD user welcoming thread so you'd better be nice or you'll make me angry and you won't like me when I'm angry:

Talking of being green, how do you think it feels to be an abused green duck? I know - I was there: we need to show these people some sympathy. DrunkDuckers, we understand you plight - come to us and we will make it all go away.

13th Jul 2011, 11:15 AM #2
OnlyFoolsAndVikings♀
User
Registration date: 8th May 2011
I approve of this. Greatly.
13th Jul 2011, 11:23 AM #3
JustNoPoint♂

Registration date: 17th Apr 2011
I think we need to get a few community projects rolling out around here. Kyo should maybe make a bigger area for announcements on the front page. Especially for community events. I've been thinking about trying a comic remix on here and even considering a Comic Fury Awards. Nothing on the scale the DD Awards goes to. Just a bit smaller to start building more interest in the forums and members around here.

The great thing about the Duck's community is it is exploited off ways to get people to look at. talk, or do something with your comic or it's cast :P Not saying that is bad. As authors we are very invested in our work so besides the egotistical and advertising aspects, it's a good icebreaker for us all.

To any DD loyalists. Keep in mind I am NOT a former DD member. I'm still current and will more than likely see how things work on DD and will even continue to bring the DD awards if there are enough community members left to do so. I never thought I'd stop using DD as my MAIN site though. But I never thought they would remove so much that helps build the atmosphere and audience for your comics. The html and allowing ads. (to be fair we get 1 PW ad \o/... later)

Anyway. Welcome aboard to Comic Fury! Tell your friends! If the DD community is what we miss then all we have to do is migrate the people we like to talk to here and problem solved! =D
13th Jul 2011, 11:35 AM #4
Marlowe

Registration date: 31st Mar 2011
I think loyalty to a site is dumb but whatever this thread isn't telling people to block other members without allowing them to form their own opinions so I don't care.

As far as comic fury awards go, ehhh it would take a lot to get me on board with that big dumb circus again. But I'm aware people liked them. Honestly, I'm pretty weary of most dd styled community events on the basis things seemed really cliquey and if you weren't a part of them or didn't share the opinion of that majority you were basically sol.
13th Jul 2011, 11:36 AM #5
Genejoke♂

Registration date: 3rd Nov 2010
^^
This, I don't see that DD'ers have been made to feel unwelcome, most of the anti DD stuff has come from DD'ers after all.
13th Jul 2011, 11:51 AM #6
demontales♂

Registration date: 30th Mar 2011
Even though the Webcomic Awards are not only at DD, other webcomic sites do them to. I think it'd be nice to have new community projects for ComicFury and not only take what we had at DD and bring it over here.

I'm also not leaving Drunkduck completely, if the site ever comes back that is. But I'm seriously making my main site here when I finish my layout.
13th Jul 2011, 11:52 AM #7
JustNoPoint♂

Registration date: 17th Apr 2011
My favorite thing about the awards is simply how many people come together to submit work for it. Most of the time only a popular comic will be winning anyway (though there have actually been exceptions which is neat). The main draw for me is all the community involvement. On here it could work much better than DD because it could be integrated into the system by Kyo himself. It's really nice stuff like that is possible!

It'd be great to have an option to activate a "vote for me in awards" button on the sites.

@Genejoke: I don't feel DDer's feel unwelcome here. They just don't know the CF users yet and the site is less strict on the more.. um .... blunt.
13th Jul 2011, 11:53 AM #8
Marlowe

Which is a good thing
13th Jul 2011, 11:55 AM #9
OnlyFoolsAndVikings♀
User
Registration date: 8th May 2011
I'm not going to leave DD, got too many friends there and too many readers. But I will be definately hanging around here more in the future.

It would be great to see some rocking community projects happening here!

Oh, I suppose I should add on and be welcoming.

WELCOME, MY TIPSY DUCKLINGS.

WOULD YOU LIKE A CROISSANT?!

we have a Croissant stand right over there.
13th Jul 2011, 11:55 AM #10
man_lick69♂

Registration date: 11th Jul 2011
Not unwelcome, just agitated in a time of agitation.

Rather like this site, its speed and easy operation.

One feature that would be really cool to work in would be Featured Comics.

But other than that, I might just try a community project of my own.

i am man lick sixtyyyy, nine
13th Jul 2011, 11:55 AM #11
MattWL♂

Registration date: 7th Mar 2011
Marlowe:Which is a good thing

agreed.

But I like the ideas of an award thing. It would be interesting.

Yeah... I am bringing back the original stuff. Single panels and such. Enjoy.
13th Jul 2011, 11:58 AM #12
Marlowe

Featured comics is a bad idea. It became whatever skool remembered to pick that week or whatever comic with big booty bitches that made ozones peepee feel funny. Eventually you run out of comics and pick things with only a handful of pages.
13th Jul 2011, 11:59 AM #13
Arden♂
Public enemy BABIES
Registration date: 19th Aug 2009
Marlowe:Which is a good thing.

It is - my main concern was that some people who are on the fence are already being misinformed by continued spurious claims made by certain individuals over there. We don't want to make it even easier for them to misrepresent our actions just because of a negative looking thread title or something.
13th Jul 2011, 12:00 PM #14
Butt Hunter♂
B.H. Baracus
Registration date: 26th Apr 2009
I quite literally have no idea what DunkDruck was/ is like, or who anyone mentioned is, but I'll welcome new immigrants members anyway.

... 'sup?
13th Jul 2011, 12:04 PM #15
Marlowe

IMO if the title of a thread is laughing at how broken and poorly run/maintained a site objectively is, is going to turn you away it might be time to chill out just a little bit
13th Jul 2011, 12:06 PM #16
Robotwin.com♂

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Any other sites we can laugh at?
13th Jul 2011, 12:07 PM #17
El Cid

Registration date: 25th Apr 2011
They tried starting up a Comic Fury Awards once before and it got shot down pretty fast. I thought it was a good idea then and that it's still a good idea now, but I have to say that if anything I'm even more skeptical now that the CF community is capable of pulling it off. Sorry, not trying to be a douche there, but it's my honest impression.

I'm not leaving DD either. It's not so much a matter of "site loyalty" or anything like that (I'm very NOT fond of at least one of the admins there). It's just the fact that I've invested a lot into building a following there and don't plan on throwing all that away just because the place hasn't been run that well. I at least plan on giving the new site a chance before I pass down a verdict on it.
13th Jul 2011, 12:08 PM #18
Marlowe

I'd say Facebook also sees users as nothing more than a vessel to sell ads to ( and to sell back to ad men) and people still cling to it.
13th Jul 2011, 12:11 PM #19
Marlowe

Is there even going to be a drunk duck in... Say a year from now

Edit: what I am saying here is that I would not see it outside the realm of possibility the wowio runs into the ground/shuts down dd for financial or technical reasons
13th Jul 2011, 12:12 PM #20
Robotwin.com♂

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Oh yeah Facebook, more like Spamface, am i right? HAha!
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > It's Not That Easy Being Green [DrunkDuck Convalescence Thread]
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [51]