You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XIV
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [11]

"Mafia XIV", 11th Nov 2011, 5:52 PM #1
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Referrals: 0
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010

The air tastes extremely salty. As one glance at the surrounding area would tell anyone, this is because our story begins near the sea, at Port Kyo. A moderately sized cruise liner, with the name S.S. Adesa emblazoned on the side, is sitting at the dock. There’s a crowd of people around the walkway leading up onto it, the chain drawn, barring entry for the moment. There’s a lot of chatter in the air as everyone waits.
Milanor, a famous actor who has appeared in a number of highly acclaimed films can be seen chatting to AJHunter, a journalist who appears to be writing down everything he says.
Orangelink is showing off some of his art to an eager looking Sleepy, who excitedly asks if they could make a comic together.
Spinnerlink, an esteemed businessman is laughing along with Dealer, a well known billionaire, known for loving money to the extent that he has a daily money bath. Spinner’s secretary, TeamStick is standing next to him nervously, still not really sure why he was asked to come along. A short distance away stands Noel-Chan. She won her ticket to the cruise in a raffle, and it showed. Her clothes were raggedy and somewhat filthy.
MatthewJA is scowling at Meed, a foreigner originally from the lands of Drunkduck. Having fought in the Great War against them, he still found it hard to get along with them.
Kimmy, the steward, is chatting to Masterofweirdness as he stands in front of the chain. He finds out that he’s a sailor who’d sailed the seven seas all his life and the two become quick friends.
On the ship, Feniix is happily preparing food for the oncoming rush, directing the other cooks around, and Velocitee is making his rounds around the ship, making sure everywhere is spotless. Lee.V sits in her office, making the beds so that any seasick guests would have somewhere to lie down.

Welcome to Mafia XIV
Below is the list of players and their flavour roles. I'll remind you that game roles will be kept a secret until the end of the game this time.
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A ROLE PM, YOU HAVE NO ROLE

1. Noel-Chan - Raffle Winner - Denying the witch is harder than it sounds. Found dead in her room, which had the chain-lock set.
2. TeamStick - Secretary
3. Feniix - Head Chef - What a tasty way to die.
4. Orangelink - Artist
5. Lee. V - Doctor
6. Meed - Foreigner - The cruelty of a witch knows no bounds.
7. Dealer - Multibillionaire
8. Velocitee - Janitor - Impulse is a powerful thing. Jumped off the boat on a sad whim and eaten by a wwhale
9. AJHunter - Journalist - If only he could have argued his case better.
10. Kimmy - Steward
11. Milanor - Actor - Found dead in his room. The door was locked from the inside with key found in the lock and there was no-one else in the room. A second closed room
12. Spinner - Businessman
13. MatthewJA - Veteran - It's :D a :D disease :D :D :D
14. Masterofweirdness - Sailor - Found dead in his room. The door was locked, the chain was set and no culprit was found in the room. The key was found in his pocket. Was he killed by magic?
15. Sleepy - Novelist

Nearby, a chime goes off in the nearby clock tower, signaling a new hour. A voice booms out of the speakers set up above the walkway, which everyone assumes to be the captain’s.
“Greetings everyone! I trust you’re all excited for the game to begin! With such a fabulous prize of fifty million dollars up for grabs, I would be very surprised if you didn’t. As you all know, the rules are very simple. The money is hidden somewhere on my ship, and whoever finds it first wins. I promise you that the money is not hidden anywhere that you’re not permitted to go, so please stay out of the staff areas. Be smart in your search.”
Everyone is eagerly listening, hoping that they would be the lucky participant to chance upon the money.
“I hope you’ll have a pleasant voyage and I wish you all the best of luck.”
With that, the speakers go quiet and the steward opens the chain and begins accepting tickets. The passengers pour onto the ship, and notably, for a game with such a large reward, the amount of passengers was estimated to be no larger than fifty. The tickets were extremely expensive though, so maybe it was to be expected.

The passengers spend hours running around the ships overturning every little thing they could think of, but it quickly becomes apparent that it wouldn’t be that simple, so the dining hall eventually becomes rather populated, and Feniix wheels out some food to serve them all.
“Interesting painting that.” One of the passengers notes, chewing on his food, pointing at a large painting of a young girl on the wall.

“Ah, that would be Lady Adesa, sir,” one of the other stewards informs him. “She’s a witch that the captain claims to have met ten years ago today. She allegedly gave him his vast fortune after he defeated her in a game of wits. The Captain likes to tell us stories about how she walks around on this ship in the shadows, where no-one is looking.
The passenger scoffs, amused by the story.
“Preposterous! Pure fantasy!”
“Yes, that’s everyone’s first reaction. However, almost everyone employed by the captain has come to believe in her, for strange things that have no human explanation happen on this ship.
Of course, the passenger still doesn’t believe him, but the story circulates around the ship nonetheless until everyone is talking about it.

Eventually, night falls and everyone begins to get tired. A few stragglers are still hopelessly searching for the vast wealth, but most of the passengers have turned in and gone to bed, plenty of them dreaming about becoming the victor.
Dawn comes and Feniix rises, heading down to the kitchen, but finding the door to the dining room locked, which was odd. Only the captain had the keys to all of the doors (besides the guest rooms, of course) recently, a rule that he had insisted on for the game. All the other entrances to the kitchen were also locked, so this was quite a predicament. Luckily, he runs into Velocitee, who was just beginning his duties.
“It’s weird,” Feniix says, as the two of them head up to the captain’s quarters, having decided that they should ask him himself if the doors were locked for a reason.
“I hope he lets us in…” Velocitee mumbles. The captain had recently become reclusive and was unwilling to let anyone into his room if he could help it.

Surprisingly, the door was unlocked, which they both found extremely bizarre and unusual. They had knocked, but there was no reply, so they’d tried the doorknob. They walked in apprehensively, but it quickly became clear the room was empty.
With no other choice, they decided to head back down to the dining room and try breaking the door down.
What awaited them inside was a terrible sight.

Blood was strewn everywhere. Bodies laid all over the place, with gashes and gouges all over their bodies. And in the centre was a man they all recognized; Kyo, the captain. His alligator suit had been ripped to shreds and it was clear that he’d had the most brutal death of all. It was an awful sight to behold. The two of them screamed, Velocitee fleeing the scene right there. Feniix was about to follow him, but he noticed that, at his feet, lay a key. A key that he recognized as the key that locked all the rooms leading into the dining hall. He stared at it momentarily, trying to work out what it meant, before snatching it up and running after Velocitee.
The two of them ran around the ship, waking up anyone they found to be alive. A saddening number of rooms were empty (with blood on the floor and walls, notably)
All in all, fifteen of them remained. They gathered at the door that had been knocked down to try and work out what to do. As they did, Lee.V noticed an envelope lying on the floor.
“What’s that?” she asks, pointing at it.
Feniix looks down at it, stunned “T-That wasn’t there before…”
MatthewJA picks it up and rips open the seal, taking out the letter, reading aloud.

“Welcome passengers! I hope you’ve been having an enjoyable cruise so far! I sure have. Well, that might be a teensy bit of a lie. I’m actually kind of furious. That money was a gift worthy only of someone capable of defeating me in a game of wits, like poor Kyo here. I can’t believe he had the nerve to just give it away like this. It stings so badly.
So consider this a wake-up call. You will all die. By my hands.
Love you all~
The Witch, Adesa”

Everyone is stunned as Matthew finishes reading. No-one is sure what to think. There’s a huge uproar. Some people throw accusations everywhere, but almost everyone is convinced that there’s a witch out to kill them.
“That’s a lie!” Noel-Chan speaks up. “Witches aren’t real! This crime was performed by human hands!”
“But who?” AJHunter asks.
“Isn’t it obvious? With the reward at stake, and such a high ticket price, it must be the mafia! They must be among us!” Noel replies “And I think we all know how we deal with the mafia, right?”
Everyone gasps, knowing exactly how. This practice had been around since the days of old, when villages had to deal with werewolf infestations on a regular basis. To this day, it was still how they solved all their problems.
“But how will we know if someone is part of the mafia?” Spinner asks.
“It’s simple. When people stop dying, we’ll know that they’re all dead!”
“But what if it really is a witch? Then what?”
“Well then we’re all screwed anyway, so we might as well try.”

For some unfathomable reason, for the sake of making a game run smoothly, everyone accepts this insane logic and the voting begins.

Day Phase
11th Nov 2011, 6:06 PM #2
Noel-Chan!♀

Registration date: 27th Sep 2011
Noel had concluded this was the work of the Mafia. It made sense, right? She was nervously pulling at the sleeve of the beat up top she was wearing. She was a rather poor young lady. It was totally out of luck that she had made it onto this cruise. However, now her luck might've turned bad. She eyed each of the other passengers, attempting to get a clue as to who the culprit could be. She frowned, only wishing to relax for once since she had acquired the winning ticket. Before she or anyone else could relax though, they had to find and finish off the killers. She also thought about the so-called Witch's note. Witch? Ha! Most likely it was planted as a joking reference to the woman everyone seemed to fear. She could come to no conclusions as of yet. She needed a moment to think.
11th Nov 2011, 6:08 PM #3
MasterofWeirdness♂

Registration date: 3rd Nov 2010
Nobody

image (My faction in the Minecraft server!)
11th Nov 2011, 6:37 PM #4
Meed♂

Registration date: 24th Aug 2011
The foreign soldier, turning himself from the grudging eye of Matthew, walked briskly to count the number of bodies. The C.F - D.D Wars had been brutal, and he had indeed seen violence of this magnitude.

It was peculiar then to see that while many of the wounds were absurdly clean, many others had come about with a serious of viscous, unguided strokes. The wounds seemed to resemble common field medical supplies they had used in the war, particularly scalpels.

Feeling a numb, burning sensation in his arm, he quickly rolled up his sleeve. There was that mark he woke up with, days ago, and there was another, lined up in a perfect centimeter next to it, as though it was a roman tally. Quickly sliding his sleeve back in place, he felt a sense of deja vu - especially after looking upon the Actor across the room.

Clenching his fist, he began to speak.

"I vote nobody."

11th Nov 2011, 6:58 PM #5
Sleepy♂

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
Sleepy had a slight frown on his face. "... I doubt it was a witch who did this. Magic may make for an interesting horror story, but it's much easier to conclude that someone tortured him for information on where the money was hidden. Speaking of which, fifty million dollars? Just how much did we pay this cruise, again? Anybody's profit margin would be wiped out by that."

"Either way, Velocitee, weren't you cleaning around the captain's quarters earlier?"

OOC: Chose a vegger again. Hopefully, this will start the voting.
11th Nov 2011, 7:34 PM #6
Lee V.♀

Registration date: 20th May 2011
The doctor walked about the room examining the bodies. Perhaps maybe one of them might still be alive...might be saved. But each inspection only confirmed what she already knew to be true.

It was too late for them.

The blood didn't bother her - otherwise she never would have entered the profession. But to see so many lives lost...such a horrific scene turned her stomach like 4 years spent working aboard a cruise ship could never do.

"How did this happen?" she said to no one in particular. It couldn't have been a witch, of that she was sure. The doctor was far too rational to believe in the supernatural.

"I refuse to fall for these 'witch' rumors. The young lady must be right, some of us must be mafia. But why would they leave any survivors? What is their purpose?"

"I...I know it's in the best interest to play their game, but I have a feeling we'll just end up killing off each other. And as a doctor, I can't stand to see anyone else get hurt. Until we have more to go on, I'll vote for no one."

"And I would suggest that when night falls we remain in groups in order to keep an eye on one another. Perhaps we can outsmart them, keep them from killing again until we can reach the port. This type of thing should be best handled by the authorities."
11th Nov 2011, 7:51 PM #7
Kimmy♀

Registration date: 27th Oct 2010
Kimmy wasn't sure who to vote for. She hated seeing people die, and didn't think that killing more people was the answer. She stood beside her new friend Master of Weirdness and seconded his vote.

Nobody

(also I'm going to be a girl, okay? =] )

11th Nov 2011, 10:17 PM #8
AJHunter♂

Registration date: 6th Sep 2011
AJHunter had been in the business of writing down what he saw for a long time. He had seen a lot of death, he had seen torture cases. He had seen cases like this, but never this extensive. The sheer amount of death aboard this ship was too great for any of the remaining passengers to do over night. For now he would have to conclude that it was, indeed, the witch.

Nobody
11th Nov 2011, 10:27 PM #9
Sleepy♂

*facepalm* Why won't anybody vote? There is no information to be drawn from this cry of nobodies, no dramas to be brought to life in my latest book. Why are people so queasy about getting any blood on their hands, when the entire ship is covered in it? It is hardly as if they will be able to keep them clean.

OOC: Seriously? Nobody wants to vote at all? Ugh...
11th Nov 2011, 10:42 PM #10
Feniix♂

Registration date: 20th Sep 2011
Feniix shivered in disgust and fear.
"It was not meant to be like this... The witch wasn't supposed to do this... She wasn't meant to come back!"
Feniix walks around a while, then settles down on a nearby chair and stares in the direction of the sea, rocking back and forth.
"The witch is back... The witch is back... She's real. We just have to wait for our deahts and vote nobody..."

11th Nov 2011, 10:54 PM #11
Noel-Chan!♀

Noel turned to the novelist, addressing him in a solemn tone. "It will be of no use to kill a man or woman that we have nothing on. It'll only allow the Mafia to get one person closer into murdering us all." Her clothes were already out of shape. She glanced down at the bloody massacre in horror and disgust. The people who caused this were sick murderers. She was still adamant on believing there was no witch on the cruise. She fingered her hair nervously as she hoped for the best.
11th Nov 2011, 10:59 PM #12
Sleepy♂

But what evidence do we have, other than other people's votes? How can we obtain evidence without voting?
11th Nov 2011, 11:00 PM #13
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
"Goddamn DrunkDuck." says MatthewJA. "I bet the killer was from there... A DrunkDuck spy, even."
He looked around. "Who else would want to kill Kyo?"
He points his finger towards Milanor. "Who better to be a DrunkDuck spy than an actor like yourself?!"
12th Nov 2011, 12:45 AM #14
Sleepy♂

Sleepy raised an eyebrow. "Really, MatthewJA? If we're going by who would make a good spy for Drunk Duck, wouldn't the artist make a better choice? And why would a webcomic-hosting site be responsible for our current woes? Honestly, if you're going to choose at random, just say so."

OOC: Guessing that was random. At least, I really hope so.
12th Nov 2011, 12:48 AM #15
MatthewJA
Matt Damon
Referrals: 19
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
"An artist? On DrunkDuck? And you can't imagine what I have been through, Sleepy. What those 'Duckers' did... terrible, terrible things. And I repeat, who else would want to kill Kyo?"
12th Nov 2011, 12:53 AM #16
Spinnerlink♂

Registration date: 29th Mar 2011
Location: If you are reading this you are ether very curious, or a stalker.
Frosty:IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A ROLE PM, YOU HAVE NO ROLE

DARN IT.
also oh no xser is drawing again D: *hides from the blood and carnage and possible pant wetting*

"I always found this practice ridculos. I will have nothing of it. I shall vote for nodoby. Teamstick, keep a eye on our clients and let me know if you see anything unusaul. Also if you are inchoots with the mafia, it will go on your permant work record."

I don't know what to say...
ofools did my ave? Thats enough here i guess.
12th Nov 2011, 12:55 AM #17
Sleepy♂

"Everyone here? I mean, he was kind of asking for it with the whole, 'I've hidden away fifty million dollars and only I know where he is, ha ha ha' speech. Except maybe Dealer, he's already filthy rich. Honestly, the real question is why everyone except us was killed. Has someone decided to play with their prey?"

EDIT: Also,

Votes:
Velocit Ee - 1 (Sleepy)
Milanor - 1 (MatthewJA)

Nobody - ? (Many)
12th Nov 2011, 12:58 AM #18
Noel-Chan!♀

"There are ways besides voting, sir." Noel simply left her statement at that. She sighed and shook her head as someone randomly voted the Actor. All this over some DrunkDuck? She hadn't the faintest clue what that was. Was this like a wealthy people thing, or was this just entirely random? The poor girl still refused to vote as she watched the discussion go on.
12th Nov 2011, 4:25 PM #19
Frosty♂
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
Two and a half hours till phase lock.
12th Nov 2011, 4:34 PM #20
TeamStick♂

Registration date: 17th Sep 2011
Spinnerlink:
Frosty:IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A ROLE PM, YOU HAVE NO ROLE

DARN IT.
also oh no xser is drawing again D: *hides from the blood and carnage and possible pant wetting*

"I always found this practice ridculos. I will have nothing of it. I shall vote for nodoby. Teamstick, keep a eye on our clients and let me know if you see anything unusaul. Also if you are inchoots with the mafia, it will go on your permant work record."

"Y-y-yes s-sir," trembled Teamstick, quivering at the thought of future unemployment. "I-I'll vote nobody too then."
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [11]