Webcomic profile: Land96
Land96
Land96 awaits you
Last update: 5 days ago, 2:29 AM
Occasional Strong Language
Webcomic avatar

Webcomic description

Fill in

Authors

Lord Myk
Lord Myk
Lord Mýk has been does narrative stuff. He is, theoretically, good at it.
GanondorfMain7606
GanondorfMain7606
Physics torture victim turned Master's/perhaps Ph.D. candidate who loves to make comics in free time.
Komi the Lass
Komi the Lass
Hi my name is Komi I have three moods
1. Aggressively funny
2. Abrasively unfunny
3. Pacific Standard life
4. piss off the cf chatzy mods


Most recent comments left on Land96

Lord Myk
GROUP 1

A scrawny young teenager crawls out of the bushes of the campsite. There is a look of fear on his face.

---

Argyle who had been fishing took notice of teenager and put his rod in grass before rushing over to teen. “Are you okay?”

---

"I... I think so?"

---

”Need anything? I have some healing potion if you need one!”

---

"I think I'm good, but thank you." The boy curls up on the grass.

---

”Jacki! Can you go talk to him?” Argyle shouted to Jacki while gesturing to teen boy. “Is there anything you need? Place to sleep?” he asked the boy.

---

"A place to sleep would be nice, thank you."

---

Jacki tears her attention from the woods. "We don't have much, but we do have a fire and some food. Not a lot of food, but still, it's edible."

---

The boy nods. "I'm used to edible." He heads towards the fire.

---

Jacki says, "I'm Jacki, by the way. That's Jewel. We, uh, we might have to be engaged in some violence at some point. Are you all right with that?"

---

"Yeah, I was a superhero before winding up here. My name's Toby, by the way."

---

"Oh!" Jacki's face lights up. "I knew some superheroes back home. I actually came here with Jewel to look for them. What kind of powers do you have?"

---

"Um, electric powers. Creation, manipulation, immunity, things like that." Toby creates a spark in his palm as proof, before extinguishing it.

---

"That's pretty convienent. We're actually on our way to a factory to shut off the area's power so we can cripple the evil power here," says Jacki.

---

"...Depends on what the factory power source is. Radiation can be pretty deadly."

---

"I know chessmen can easily survive radiation unscathed, but with technology available here, Rafferty doesn't think radiation is the source. Rafferty suspected generally non-nuclear, so he told me that," Argyle explained.(edited)

---

"Oh, you're back from fishing," says Jacki. "Catch anything? Anyway, Ayako thinks it's some sort of clean energy source, too. So I think that would rule out radiation."

---

"Sorry, I was interrupted by Alicja who wanted to learn magic and Donovan, and I went to check on the boy to make sure he's okay," Argyle replied. "At least, I got to teach Alicja some very basic levitation spell."(edited)

---

”So, you didn’t catch ANYTHING?” Joseph says, walking up to the fire.

---

” I mean I didn’t because they kept getting my attention,” Argyle replied with mild chuckles.

---

”Aghhhh…you know, if I had to eat, I’d be more upset,” Joseph says. “If you guys want, I can try to hunt something later. I’ve been told I’m a…a pretty good shot,” he says, his tone somewhat hardening toward the end.(edited)

---

”I can go back! It’s relaxing too,” Argyle told Joseph as he went back to river to cast his line in water. By the way, you can help out, too!”

---

”Maybe later. I’ve never really been much of a fisherman, haha,” Joseph responds. He notices Toby. “Do we have a new team member here?”

---

Fuzzy walks up. "You need to eat food like a bunch of conformists. But I can help. Nature stuff."

---

”Rafferty and I don’t need to eat, but we still help out,” Argyle told Fuzzy.

---

"Look, do you want me to get you all some food or not," says Fuzzy, flipping what passes for his hair over his eyes. "I can like... get nature to share. Maybe."

---

”Sure! You’re welcome to help!”

---

Fuzzy nods and walks off into the woods.

---

Alicja tries to rock so hard she hears highway to hell

---

”You can keep practicing on your own, Alicja,” Argyle told her.

---

"Could you also give me something more powerful of an item than the potions? It didn't hurt the enemies in last battle."

She also tries to make the rock fly in circles

---

”It would kill only some types of enemies like Exterminators. Chimeras and Satyrs are pretty durable, but there are some enemies that can be instantly taken out by same potion,” Argyle told her.

---

Yeah but we already stumbled upon stronger enemies, what if i die next time?

---

”Look, there are clever uses for potions. Like Cheshire managed to use a few to get Satyr off the riverbed and down the river,” Argyle replied. “I can try making something more substantial, but you have to be careful about those. I know Ayako and Jacki are unlikely to survive those potions I gave you if it’s dropped on their heads.”

---

Okay, I will pay attention with those - Alicja still tries do do circles and other tricks with the rock

---

”Alright, I can make some more and try making more powerful version. There are some options like foul smelling potions, poison gas, sleeping ones, hallucination ones. Foul smelling ones would help divert enemies, though.”

---

I could use some sleeping ones if it's for non lethal missions

---

”Hmm. I can spare some sleeping powder as well,” Argyle replied.

---

Alicja tries to levitate some leaves along with the rock

---

The leaves and rock floated in the air as Argyle patiently waits for a catch.

---

Ayako is walking around looking for Carmel

Carmel is actually right beside him, Ayako is just Nearsighted

Carmel reached into her labcoat pocket and pulled out a Set of rectangular glasses "Here Ayako is that better?"

"Thank you, I can actually see who I am with now"

---

Alicja tries to levitate leaves on Argyle eyes while levitating the rock too

---

"Hmmm... try see if you can put leaves on that rock over there," Argyle gestured to the rock across the river, about 4 m away while waiting for fish to bite. Finally, Argyle got a bite and he waited to set the hook.

---

She tries to put some leaves on the rock while still levitating the rock at the same time

---

She also still tries to put leaves on Argyle eyes at the same time

---

”Can you please try not to put leaves on my face? I’m fishing here, and I might have something on hook,” Argyle asked Alicja.

---

Alicja concentrates on putting the leaves on the rock while levitating other rock

---

IMAGES

---

Argyle felt his line tug and set the hook gently before snagging an alien-looking fish. “I got one!”

---

"One to one, Camelot. Not bad, but you'll need to do better den dat!" Cheshire has another fish in sight and steadies his pole

---

Argyle plucked a caterpillar and put it on hook before casting the line in water where he saw some fish swimming.

---

Cheshire steadies himself and stabs into the water again, spearing another fish, but this one is much smaller than the first. "Heh.. it's not the size dat counts.." he says, and pulls it off the pole. He takes a piece of rope and ties a knot at the bottom, then passes the other end through the dead fish's gill and ties it to a branch, letting the 2 fish float on the line in the water ( it's gross but it keeps them fresh.) After tying his two fish on with Argyle's one, he look at Argyle and gives a smug lil nod.

---

Argyle got a bite and snagged a somewhat smaller fish and laughed at Cheshire. “Tied again!” He then tied both of his fish on another piece of rope he found. He then found a worm that he used as bait before putting bait in water. “I miss having Rafferty around. He’s a fun Sprite or some sort of elemental fairy,” he told Cheshire. “Rafferty would have joined us if he’s here.”

---

Fuzzy emerges from the woods with some deer-like creature slung over his shoulders. It's not very large, but should have enough meat on it to, at least, help with this meal. He plops it on the ground and says, "This guy was depressed so I was just like, 'Well, why don't you just die' and he was like, 'All right' so now here we are. You're welcome."

He then stalks off to the river's edge and stares at the water.

---

”Sooo… having fun?” Argyle asked Cheshire.

---

IMAGE

---

"Oh my God..! Cheshire stares at the animal on the ground and then at the forlorn emo golem. "Yeah... fun.." He answers Argyle, distracted..

---

"Rafferty is.. the blue guy?" Cheshire regains his composure and tries to concentrate on the fish

---

Argyle was still focused on fishing that he didn’t notice the golem and meat. “Yep! The blue guy.” Argyle waits for a catch.

---

"He's your friend?"

---

”Yep!”

---

He keeps looking back at the creepy little golem like he's expecting it to sneak up on him, but Fuzzy hasn't moved. "Are you guys..from around here?" he tries to ignore Fuzzy and aims at another fish.

---

”Nah. We’re not from here,” Argyle replied as he noticed a fish biting at bait.

Once the fish bit the bait, Argyle snagged it up. It looks so much more bizarre. He showed it to Cheshire while giggling.

---

Cheshire stares at the grotesque fish creature, taking in for a second, that this is what they'll be eating. Argyle's laughter puts him at ease and he suddenly finds the humor in their ridiculous situation. He starts to laugh
IMAGE
---

Argyle started to laugh harder and tied up grotesque fish to rope. “This is interesting! Three to two!”

---

You hear grumbling from Fuzzy. "I could catch fish, too, if I wanted to. I could catch like twenty fish."

---

"Hm!" Cheshire grins and focuses back on the fish, more intently now. (edited)

---

Argyle plucked off a weird looking beetle and put it on hook before sending it back into water. “Want to meet Rafferty when he and his group get back?”

---

Cheshire hears Fuzzy's grumbling and it starts to put him on edge...

"Uh... i think i already met him before.. seemed like a nice guy. You said he was a fairy? Like uh... tinker bell...?" He targets another fish and stabs into the water, catching the tail but he's able to flip it out of the water and onto the grass, where it starts to flop around. "Shyit!" he runs up out of the water towards it

the fish suddenly grows legs and starts to walk back towards the water. Cheshire jumps back in surprise but stabs at the fish, spearing it successfully before it got back into the water.

---

”Would you mind staring at water somewhere else? You’re creeping him out!” Argyle shouted to Fuzzy as he waited for next catch. “Yes, I do consider his people as one of fairy species,” he told Cheshire as he laughed at the fish that sprouted legs.

---

"uh.. no.. it's ok.." Cheshire says to Fuzzy. He doesn't want to offend the weird little thing. He seems so..sad..

---

”Sure… you can stay,” Argyle told Fuzzy before going back to Cheshire.

---

Fuzzy shakes his head and stands up. "I've been alive for like an hour. So sorry I don't know all your rules," grumbles Fuzzy, who walks further down the river so that he's closer to Jacki and Jewel but far enough away from the fire as to not start burning.

Jacki, for her part, says to the camp at large, "Anyone know how to butcher a carcass?"

---

Argyle snagged another fish, and this time, the eyes are so enormous that they cover about a quarter of entire body. He showed the fish to Cheshire while laughing. “Also, I can introduce you to Rafferty. His people are unique to me, but still, I have seen different types of fairies.”

---

Cheshire perks up hearing Jacki's request.. he thinks about how he could impress her with his disemboweling-a-carcass skills. He feels his face blush and turns back to the fish hoping Argyle doesn't notice.

After a quiet minute he asks "Hey.. uh.. yer boss.. Jacki. Is she uh... you know..seeing anyone..?"

---

”Ummm… I know she’s single, but I don’t think she’s interested in dating or all of that to be honest,” Argyle whispered to Cheshire as he tied up fish with huge eyes on rope.

---

”Eugh...normally, I let my sister Audrey handle the...messy parts,” Joseph says to Jacki. “I don’t know how she does it without wanting to throw up!”

---

Argyle laughed so loud at the spectacle and took the fish from Cheshire.

---

”I have your catch!” Argyle told Cheshire while still laughing.
Author Note
Lord Myk
JEWEL'S TURN

Jewel cries out with righteous fury and runs up to Sarge and, with a mighty slash from her sword, manages to cut off his right hand. She holds it aloft and bellows, "HANDS FOR THE BATTLE GOD!"
(Jewel is now at P18 and assumes a defensive stance)

JACKI'S TURN

Jacki stops singing The Touch and starts playing an original composition on her lute, her face darkening as she steps out from behind cover and moves towards Sarge, who doesn't seem to care that he's now missing a hand. As the song progresses, Jacki begins to sing, her voice adopting an angry guttural quality and red energy begins to swirl around her.

She continues playing and growls, "This is for attacking kids, you bastard!"

As she starts singing again, the energy coalesces into six fiery orbs, and Jacki screams as they launch towards Sarge. Three hit, one conveniently hitting Sarge's stump and cauterizing the wound, the other two hitting him in the face and body. They don't do much. It can only be assumed that he has added Jewel and Jacki to his list of people to gore.

Two of the other orbs fizzle on the way to Sarge, the third landing on the ground in front of him and burning for a brief moment before dying out.

(Jacki is now at N20)
---
ARGYLE’S MOVE

Argyle noticed the rapidly devolving situation and rushed towards some people in potential danger. He already warned the bros and Joseph beforehand, but some didn’t get memo yet. He told the people who didn’t hear his initial warning, “Run for the hills if you don’t want to be hit by such a fricking crabby berserking Satyr!” He then whispered magic word to lens and finally reactivated it. Now he’s able to read minds and sense more things than normal, but he has a plan for the lens. (Argyle to Q 13)
---[
Joseph’s Turn
Joseph does not heed Argyle’s warning and, still standing horizontally on the tree, aims his bow at the satyr’s abdomen. He lets the arrow go, infused with Light Energy. Because of this, it travels at a speed of about 804 m/s. It makes direct contact with Sarge’s lower abdomen. After this, Joseph hops down from the tree to R19. He sticks his arms out and forms a full shield 360 degrees around him with a 5-foot radius. ‘This might not have been a good idea,’ he realizes.

Donovan’s Turn
Donovan does nothing, his initial plan disturbed. Instead, he watches the display of sheer dumbassery that plays out before him.
---
The arrows meets its mark but does little to slow Sarge down. He now has an arrow in his lower abdomen.
---
”F*ck,” Joseph says. More swearing would maybe continue, but there are children present.
---
Thomas and Zachary take defensive action
---
Eden moves to Q15 and faces off Sarge. "Oh, so you like to attack kids, HUH?!" he yells. "Justice is gonna be SERVED TODAY, BITCH!!!"

Eden then summons a massive flame from underneath Sarge that soon engulfs him completely. Eden then rapidly fires 30 lightning bolts at Sarge (each bolt being approximately 10,000,000 volts).

Cielo then moves to Q21 and puts up a ki shield around Zachary, protecting him from any potential danger. "This is just temporary protrction until you regain strength, kid. Just tell me when you want to fight again and I'll take the shield down." she says to him in a calm, soothing voice.
---
Jewel uses her defensive action to raise her shield, erecting a magic shield that stops Eden's attack from hitting any of the other party members within its area of effect. As she turns to look at Eden, time... simply... stops.

---

Argyle just turned around and saw the whole thing and yelled out, “YOU DAFT WANKER!” right as time stops.

---

”Wh-where did that darned numpty go? Geez, I wish he would have gotten off pompous Royal Knight…. I… I….” Argyle paused trying to process what just happened as Eden vanishes. “Hey! There’s fire truck! Look for hoses! Let’s try putting out fires!” Argyle turned to Alicja, Ducking, and Vaga.

---

Alicja get to the truck, looking for hoses

Ducking tries to comfort others on the battlefield


---

”Thanks you both! I’ll help taking the fire truck over there if nobody’s driving,” Argyle told Alicja and Ducking.

---

Sarge is electrified, on fire, handless, and with an arrow in his gut but is still standing. He is breathing heavily and foaming, slightly, at the mouth.

---

Alicja easily finds the hose.

---

Argyle told Cheshire that he can go help with the fire truck.

Also, Argyle is relived that Jewel stepped in and people are okay. “Thanks, Holy Mary… for Jewel,” he mumbled to himself before doing holy cross once he processed what happened.(edited)

---

A chat between Chris and Naku:
Chris: Hi how are y you?
Naku: Good, I guess? Were you also trying to kick that ugly pink thing’s face in?
C: Yeeppp. Annoying s shit
N: He left tho. so now what
C: We talk? Never been good at s small talk
N: Me neither, so… What are you good at?
C: I... I doooo Labour. Shipping company. I... stuff happens. I don't. Work any more
N: [awkward laugh] I kill people
C: Oh. Don't K kill me
N: I wont >>’
C: O o K good soooooooi whats withhhhh your aarrrmmmmss or should I say lack offff
N: I’ve never had arms but i can create temporary ones whenever i want to [and so he demonstrates this]
C: Ummm cool. I have this t thing [points at face]
Jennifer: I'm telepathic
N: That’s cool. Is that a telepathic snake
C: Ah yes Jennifer s she is [Chris scratches Jennifer head]

---

Vaga sees the fire and levitates a large bubble of water out of the stream, then spreads it out and dumps it over the fire

”Thanks!” Argyle told Vaga.

Vaga nods to Argyle “My pleasure!”

”I can help restore damaged area when we… are done dealing with that angry Satyr,” Argyle told Vaga.

---

The stink of wet goat fills the air and Sarge tears off his hat and seems confused about who to attack. Suddenly, Eden reappears and a sing-song voice echoes across the battlefield, "My offer's open to any who'll accept it..."

Eden's reappearance only serves to heighten Sarge's confusion but eventually, he seems to make a decision and turns towards his original target: Thomas. With a mighty bleat, he takes a step towards Thomas, but his heavy hoof sinks into the mud and he trips, the arrow lodged in his abdomen getting pushed further in and mud splashing over Sarge's eyes.

He manages to get up and swings his good hand wildly around, his height and inability to see allowing those party members close to him to evade and so he takes a few steps towards where he thinks Thomas is. While he has, generally, the right direction in mind he's just a bit off and slips off the riverbank and into the river. As he realizes his mistake, he grasps for the river with his good hand, managing to dig his meaty fingers into the ground. It's a tenuous grip, but his sheer stubbornness is allowing him to fight against his own injuries and the river's current.

Meanwhile, Bailey has stopped playing dead and gotten out of there.

---


Author Note
Lord Myk
JACKI'S MOVE

Jacki continues singing and playing "The Touch" to keep the buff going. Now that there is no immediate danger nearby, she moves to Q22.

JEWEL'S MOVE

Jewel moves to face Sarge, pulls out a gun, and shoots him with a bullet of pure holy energy. As Sarge is not demonic, it only serves to annoy him. Seeing this, she puts away the gun and assumes a defensive stance. She is now at K12.
---
ARGYLE’S MOVE

With his lens inactive, Argyle thought to himself, “Welp, I need it back up again before I can do anything with it. I need to check on that kid.” He went to tree and finds Thomas hanging high in tree. He then studied the tree and asked Thomas, “Are you okay, kid? I’d suggest you to get out of tree and meet him. That Satyr is about to charge. I have healing potion if you need some. Don’t step on my head with that fellow, and if you need help, I can take tree out or hold my hands out.”
---
AYAKO AND CARMEL'S MOVES

Ayako takes 4 steps in an Attempt to make it to the Truck

Carmel runs after Ayako as far as she can go
---
JoJo was casually sitting on Jacki’s head when she moved closer to Argyle, and the hat greeted Argyle. The castle briefly looked at Jacki’s direction and responded with, “I’m trying to get this kid out of tree before the Satyr charges at the tree! If I’m right, he’s going to charge in the kid’s direction.”
---
Joseph’s Move
Joseph looks down at Bailey before running off to Q18. He runs up the tree to where Thomas is. “Hey kid, you okay?” he says to him. “You seem pretty strong, but if you’re hurt I can heal you.” As he says this, he places his hand on Thomas and heals any injuries he may or may not have. Better safe than sorry! He then aims his bow toward the Satyr.

Donovan’s Move
Donovan continues on his way, still invisible, and ends up at T13.

(Joseph manipulated his own gravity to run up the tree)
---
Thomas's move
Thomas, now having gathered his bearings, gets himself out of the tree
"Well, now that I know he's not the strong but sluggish type, I can ramp things up!"
Thomas does some stretches, getting ready to jump back into the action
"Let's take Juggernaut over there down!"

Zachary's move
Zachary goes to meet up with Thomas
"You can't go rushing in on an enemy with that kind of speed and power without some kind of plan bro"
Zachary adjusts his glasses
"Fortunately, I have one"

”Yes?” Argyle asked. ”I think he’s going to charge at *us*,” Argyle told the bros.

“Simply put, we use his strength against him. Sure, he's strong and fast, but there's no way he can stop quickly. So, I propose we get him to run into something that could cause them harm"

”That’s what on my mind,” Argyle replied.

”How about good ol’ 20,000 kg magical concrete?” Argyle pointed to himself.

“Well, the problem is Satyrs are usually intelligent enough to steer away so I’ll need to use some illusion trickery to turn myself invisible. Also, it’s hard to get his attention towards me if someone else hits him with strong attacks.

”Invisibility might not always work since the flattened grasses would give it away if they pay attention. It’s worth the effort, though.”

“For now, we need to brace ourselves just in case. He might alter his path some depending on what’s happening.” the castle said, still bit unsure since Thomas is technically still in the crosshairs so are Zack, and Argyle himself. He hoped Vaga is high enough, but he noted that Joseph is still in tree. He also saw Carmel being so close to crosshairs.
---
"I don't know how much help I could be, but lemme know if you guys need anything!" Joseph calls down to the three, still standing on the side of the tree. "I'm hoping I can get a good shot on that goat guy if he makes a move."
---
Eden moves to Q6 and fires five massive 12,000 degree F fireballs at Julius.

"I don't have a clue what I'm doing at this particular moment, so I'll just keep fighting these Chimeras," he says as he attacks Julius.

Cielo takes 10 steps right and starts searching for any injured members of the group to rescue.
---
Julius is hit by the fireballs, having been focused on Cheshire, and turns his attention to Eden.

"You'll regret that," he growls.

Julius's clothes have melted slightly and his fur has been badly singed.
---
Ducking Bombed the 3 things on the truck and then they both retreated to r11 and s11
---
The potions exploded, sending glass shrapnel everywhere, hitting Eden and Ayako in the process, mildly injuring Ayako. Eden wouldn't feel anything other than glass shrapnel spraying in his face like ordinary dust. Ayako saw some cuts and some light bleeding on face after wincing in response to the explosion. It is a relief that he's about 4.5 m away from the closest blast.

---

"Well, shoot," says Chip, putting down the radio.

---

Ayako's Head has been cut by Glass, the most damage is a Noticable Cut in his ear

"It fucking hurts but he acts like he feels absolutely nothing*

What a Champ

---

chris goes to e26
chris:hi how are you?
asshole "Sean": muthafugga metal furry got metal snake in pants. (Talking about genitals)
chris: ummmmmm... i.. n-o.....
chris kicks sean

---

Sean is unmoved and just keeps sniggering to himself.

---

jen: why are you like this?

---

Vaga loops back to L16 as she charges up a psychic beam. She concentrates it and launches it at the ground and moves it up, carving a line in the earth between M15 and T11. She lands at T11 and readies herself for when Sarge charges.

---

Ori is probably gonna attack whichever enemy is closest to his position again (and I have no clue who that would be, again) and Mae will keep sittin’ there unless someone attacks/attacked her and I wasn’t paying attention.

---

CHIP'S MOVE

Chip, high strung at the best of times, has watched two of his, for lack of a better word, friends fall in battle and his partner get hit by fireballs so hot they would have damaged the truck had it not been treated with a special flame-retardant mixture since it's a fire truck. He knows what he has to do.

"Ohnoohnoohnoohnohnohnohshit", he mutters as he tries to start the engine. Normally, this would be easy, but the stress he's feeling right now makes the task impossible. He drops the keys onto the floor of the truck's cab and bounds out, landing on his feet with cat-like reflexes. He turns to leave but turns to Julius first.

"Come with me," he says, "We don't have to fight for them! We can... fight for ourselves. Or just not fight at all, anymore."

Julius looked at the battle. He was suffering: the burns hurt, he didn't know what a Felix was but the commuter who called him that seemed very ill disposed towards him. He had to admit, this was no place for a soft heart like his own. "Well, Sarge did tell me to guard you, right? Let's go."

The pair join hands and leave the battlefield.

SARGE'S MOVE

These damned commuters were quickly becoming a problem. He would be the first to admit that his squad wasn't the best around, but Chimera were supposed to be tough, damn it, and Bailey and Nada were out and he was sure Chip would fall next. That would leave Julius, at least...

Wait, out of the corner of his eye... were they leaving?!

That was the last straw.

With a mighty bellow, he surged forward, intent on crushing any commuter beneath his cloven hooves.

Unfortunately, in his rage, he didn't notice the gash in the ground left by Vaga.

Sarge trips on the unexpectedly uneven ground and his momentum carries him forward a few feet, pushing up more grass and Earth in front of him. However, he is not stopped, and stands back up and bleats to the heavens, his words nearly incomprehensible and better represented by symbols than actual letters.

He turns toward Thomas, Zachary, Joseph, and Argyle and raises both his meaty fists into the air and goes to smash the ground beneath them. He slams them the ground. Argyle, being a literal castle, is unmoved. Joseph is also unharmed. Zachary and Thomas aren't so lucky, but are only knocked back.

Thomas manages to save himself before falling into the river (Thomas is now at T18) and Zachary grabs onto the dead tree. He sees Jacki's eyes narrow at the Satyr. She looks quite irate. (Zachary is now at Q20)

Sarge lets loose another string of sounds which simply offend the ear and prepares for his next onslaught. (Sarge has gone into a berserker rage, physical stats have risen while all others have decreased)
---
”GET AWAY FROM HIM!” Argyle shouted to his allies.
---
Dollyman looks at Sarge, then at his fingers. Hmph, life is full of disappointments. Some plans weren't meant to be carried out. He goes back to sleep, this time for real.
---
Cheshire is miffed that all the fun stuff is going on all the way over there and wants a piece of the action. He is dumb and moves to O15
---
Zemil moves to R1 and collects the keys to the fire truck.
---
Zemil also finds a pair of sunglasses

---

HOWLO'S TURN

Howlo never wanted to be here. He was taken from his pack and forced into these clothes and now the one who had stolen him was fighting a bunch of other people who smelled like they didn't belong here. They didn't smell like the ones who had taken his family, though.

He uses his back talon to remove the stupid hat they had placed upon his head and tries to remove the vest but it's buttoned and won't come undone. He throws his head back and lets out a long hooting howl to the heavens, a melancholic sound that speaks of his loneliness.

Howlo walks to the end of the fire truck and tries to get someone's attention.

---

SEAN'S TURN

Sean leaves, sniggering to himself.
Author Note
Lord Myk
Jacki and Jewel's Moves

Jacki continues playing and singing The Touch and moves closer to the action. She's glad no one's been seriously injured thus far and hopes their luck holds, especially considering the threat of reinforcements. (Jacki moves to I25)

Jewel moves towards Bailey, banging on her shield to draw his attention, and once she gets close she adopts a defensive stance. She warns, "Retreat or things will not go easily for you. This is not a threat, it is simply fact." (Jewel moves to K22)
---
Argyle, trying to observe the situation, took notice that Nada is distracted and others are blocking his path to Cheshire. "What a nimrod," he told Dollyman. He then shoved Nada out of the way and barged is way through the bushes to just right in front right of Ayako. "Geez, Cheshire is in the open!" He gets nervous watching Cheshire, and he showed a slight dread. "At least I have healing potions," he whispered, but by the tone of his voice, he's unsure if anyone would get out unscathed.

Nada got shoved out of the way, but he managed to catch some bush in his hand. He then noticed the castle barging through the bush.
---
Ayako decides to be a real dumbass and take 15 steps foward, Carmel decides to take only 3 but Cocks her Gun just in case
---
Joseph's Move
Joseph stays where he is. He nocks an infused arrow on his bow and draws it, aiming at Bailey. "Guys, don't quote me on this, but I think they might be vulnerable to heat!" he calls out to the others. "I'm not really sure, but I smelled something burning after I cut one of them, and then they got off'a me." (Joseph stays at L25, ready to fire at a moment's notice.)

Donovan's Move
Donovan turns invisible and carefully approaches R23. Not a bit of him can be seen aside from a faint shadow on the ground. He remains alert in case any trouble arises. (Donovan moves to R23)
---
Thomas and Zachary's Moves
Thomas, noticing two of their party are out in the open near Sarge, speeds into action, blasting through the field towards Sarge, going on the attack (Thomas moves K25 and attacks Sarge)

A little neddled things went South, Zack follows Argyle's lead (Zachary moves to O23)
---
”Frick. At least I have healing potions in my bag,” the castle quietly whispered.

Watching Tom attack Sarge with lunging punch, Argyle did a holy cross gesture with his hand and said a prayer to himself.
---
Sarge tanks Thomas's punch with a sharp breath and chortles. "You want to fight, kid? Been a long time since I had a good tumble. Fine, let's see how many rounds you can go!"
---
”I don’t like where it’s going,” the castle said to himself.

JoJo who had been on Jacki’s head, wondered if everything is alright.
---
Cielo creates a Ki shield to protect herself, moves to I20, and fires a rapid barrage of ki blasts at Bailey and Nada, right before retreating to E21.

Eden rushes to T21 in order to shield Ducking, and fires a 2,000,000 volt lightning blast at Nada.
---
Eden's bolt surges forward, setting fire to several bushes before meeting its mark. Nada convulses as the electricity goes through his body and winds up falling backward into the river. Due to the special properties of the air and the Chimeras' armor it's unlikely that he's dead but he's certainly out of the fight.

Bailey's Turn

Bailey looks around as the realization of what he's up against slowly dawns upon him. He whispers, "You're the ones from the village. The ones who took out the Commuter Killer and made Scarles - thank you for that, by the way, we've been calling him that and he hates it - use one of those bombs."

"Yes," says Jewel, acting as Jacki's mouthpiece.

"Of all the luck..." he mutters. "Look, I can't surrender with Sarge standing right there, but just hit me, make it look good, I'll go down and stay down. That guy..." he motions to Joseph. "...can guard me if you want. That blade thing he did really hurt."

"I think Jacki would accept the terms," says Jewel, and hits Bailey with her shield. She says, a bit loudly, "And remain prone!"

Bailey goes down. Within seconds, he has fallen asleep.
---
Vaga sees Thomas’s situation and flies from P29 to P14 and launches a few projectiles at Sarge
---
Sarge flinches slightly at the projectiles and says, "You'll be next, then."
---
Ori jumps back, seeing as his attack didn’t work.
“Uh, well that was unexpected,” he says. He steps back to think of what to do.

Mae continues watching from the bushes.
---
CHIP'S TURN

Chip continues trying to call for help. Finally, someone picks up.

They ask, "Hello?"

Relief floods Chip. He says, quickly, "This is corporal Chip, we were out filling the truck and now we're under attack, it's those people from the village, they already took down Bailey and Nada, oh god, we need help." He puts down the radio and takes a deep breath, waiting for confirmation.

The voice on the radio, which sounds somehow off, responds, "Yeah, sure. Help is on the way. Good job."

Chip stares at the radio for what seems like forever, grim realization dawning. Finally, he says, "...this isn't the base, is it?"

"Of course it is. So just hang tight." The person on the other end doesn't sound like they're lying, but still... something is definitely off.

"It's just that you didn't ask for my coordinates or anything or an authorization code," states Chip.

"Here's your authorization," says the voice, and for a moment hope swells in Chip's heart, hope which is dashed when the speaker continues, "I hope the Reaper skins you alive and makes you watch as he makes your hide into a coat!"

The radio goes silent and Chip, shocked, whispers, "What a horrible thing to say to a person."

He then continues trying to summon actual help.

---

SARGE'S TURN

Sarge lunges at Thomas, his bulk concealing unlikely speed. What began as an attempted tackle transitions into clumsy strike as Thomas moves out of the way, but Sarge manages to grab the youth by the leg.

He grins, "Thought you could get away, didja?"

Sarge's iron grip seems unbreakable as the Satyr pulls his arm back and launches Thomas at Vaga. Sarge chortles as he does this, "Like killing two birds with one stone! Or one bird with another bird!"

Thomas flies through the air, but throwing a human at a dragon is hard so Thomas misses Vaga and continues his arc, hitting the dying tree behind her. Luckily, the tree was not structurally sound and gives at the slightest pressure, falling gently with Thomas in its dying branches and becoming entangled with several other trees close to it.

Thomas is safe. Sarge bellows angrily and prepares to charge.
---
”Are you okay, kid?” Argyle freaks out and asked Thomas.

”Holy f***, that kid was just thrown like a tennis ball!” Joseph says, looking toward the aftermath. ”Hope he’s okay...”
---
”I have healing potions in my bag, and I might use spells if I run out of potions!” Argyle told Joseph.


Jewel's eyes narrow towards Sarge, who had always been a threat, but was now... A THREAT.


”What a big buffoon!” JoJo shouted.
(JoJo insults Sarge)


”Don’t worry about wasting your potions, Argyle,” Joseph tells the castle. “I can heal him up no problem. At least, once I can get to him.”


”Good… Good!” the castle replied in mild relief with a hint of concern.


"HOLY S#!%" Cheshire shouts, watching Thomas get launched into the air by the angry satyr...that he's currently running towards. "F@#$!!" Fear starts to grip him as he gets closer to Sarge, but he shakes it off and forces himself to focus. "Mission first, fear later," he repeats an old friend's mantra under his breath, and runs as fast as he can to O2, activates one of Argyle's exploding potions and throws it toward S2.


The potion hits the satellite dish. You can hear Chip groan, annoyed, as Julius seeks the source of the destruction.

"Walk away, commuter," growls Julius.


Cheshire does not walk away. He flips Julius off. "F@#$ you, Felix."

JULIUS'S MOVE:

Julius, without taking his eyes off Cheshire, says to Chip, "Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you."

"I know," says Chip, and he reaches out to squeeze Julius's shoulder.

Julius takes a defensive action.

HOWLO'S MOVE

Something stirs underneath the firetruck, roused by the arrival of Alicja, Ducking, and Zemil. It crawls out from underneath it: it looks like an owl pressed into the shape of a wolf, its fuzzy feathers white. It is also wearing a small hat, not unlike Sarge's, and a vest-like garment over its upper half complete with tie. It is about 1M tall and 1.5M long, from head to tail.

It makes a warning sound at Alicja and Ducking, seeming to ignore Zemil, the sound somewhere between an owl's hoot and a wolf's growl. From the front of the fire truck, those close by can hear Chip groan, "Sounds like Howlo's awake."

Howlo takes a defensive action.

Author Note
Lord Myk
Jacki's Move
Jacki moves to E25 and starts playing The Touch granting all players a +1 boost to Toughness. You all feel a bit tougher.
JACKI: Everyone be careful!
---
Jewel's Move
Jewel moves to K25 and takes a defensive stance.
---
Argyle's Move
Argyle assesses the situation and realizes that Dollyman is sleeping still so he steadily moves his hat off to put his club away and grab healing potions before stuffing them into the bag with his wand. He puts the hat back on, and it is fortunate that he still has psychic lens attached to his collar. The castle quickly formed the metal-looking shield with psychic energy and held the shield up, covering the elder sailor from the bullet in case Nada shoots Dollyman. He turns to face Nada and takes up defensive stance.
---
Ayako and Carmel
Ayako and Carmel both take 5 steps foward, while pulling their main weapons out ready to use
---
Joseph’s Move
Joseph rushes around the group to L24, right in front of Bailey. He puts up a mid-sized light-shield in front of him with his right arm. He begins infusing one of his arrows with Light Energy. After this, he forms a light blade with his left hand, in case the chimera decides to attack.
---
Donovan’s Move
Donovan transforms both of his forearms into a Dark Energy form. Now they look like a gloopy, malformed, shapeless mess of a tarlike material that is blacker than anything anyone has seen. It’s probably not the best idea to touch it. He stays put at O28.
---
Zachary's Move

Zachary decides to hang back in order to observe the chimeras behavior

Argyle asked Zack, “Can you do me a small favor? I need to make sure that fellow doesn’t shoot the poor old man. I might have an idea, but they’re pretty agile.”

"Protect the old guy from projectiles? Got it"

”I have shield for it facing that fellow, but you can cover my back in case they run behind me and try to climb by back to get to the old man.”

"Can do"

”Sounds good. That man looks so fragile, but just don’t touch that man at all.”

Zachary moves to Argyle's backside Zachary puts his guard up, ready to defend
---
Thomas's move

Thomas immediately springs into action, dashing over E25 to scoop up Mae and Ori and put them with the rest of the party, in that one awkward space near the back of the group
---
Cielo and Eden's Moves

Cielo and Eden both take 2 steps forward. Cielo assumes fighting stance and charges up ki, and Eden pulls out his sword and gets ready to summon lightning and thunder in case any enemy approaches.
---
Joseph’s Defense

Joseph uses his light blade to slash at the chimera’s abdomen. “Damn, I didn’t think this thing would be that strong!” he thinks to himself. His top priority is keeping his head protected, which is thankfully still behind the shield.
---
Joseph slashes at Bailey and while his blade makes contact, the odd properties of this world plus whatever the soldier's uniform is made out of limit the blade's potential. The fabric does tear, revealing a vest underneath which blackens slightly but quickly returns to its original color. Joseph, Jewel, and Carmel are close enough to catch a faint whiff of hot cat hair a moment. This does cause Bailey to disengage from Joseph, rolling back slightly.
---
Jewel's Defense
Jewel, sensing combat close by, takes her sword and uses her defensive action to slash the bush in front of her to the ground so she has a better line of sight.
---
Alicja and Ducking's Moves

Alicja passed one of explosive potions to Ducking and instructed the king of ducks to drop it on Nada. As Ducking takes off to drop it on Nada, Alicja sneaked away from the fight and attempted to climb the bush. The potion exploded into a blast that caused the castle to drop the shield, and it sprayed glass shrapnel at Argyle, Cheshire, Dollyman, and the nearby bushes. The chimera was taken off guard as he fumbled into the bush behind, and the bush caught on small fire that vanished in a few seconds. Ducking flew over the bushes and landed next to a tree as Alicja climbed over the bushes.

Dollyman receives some shrapnel and concussive damage, and I checked with @Zarzaliel that he'll regenerate from it. Cheshire receives insignificant damage due to Argyle's shield and TOU buff. Nada doesn't receive damage, but he's startled
---
Vaga and Psy's Moves

Vaga flinches at the explosion and reflexively shields her head with a wing. Focusing on the battle, Vaga takes off into the air. While she scans the group for possible injuries that need to be healed, Psychic fires a few psychic energy projectiles at the nearest chimeras.
---
Nada's Reaction

Nada, who had stumbled into bush after explosion, felt the sting of projectiles fired at him and flinched in reaction. Argyle recovered and whispered to Zack, "I have a plan. It's a trick Rafferty and I use, but since you said you're so strong, this trick would work."
---
Mae and Ori's Moves

Ori goes up and jumps up on whichever bad guy on the opposing side is closest to him (I don’t know who that would be, but most likely he got Bailey), and proceeds to scratch their face. Go ask him if you want to know why he likes to attack people like that. XD

Mae tries not to engage with anyone, and steps behind a bush or something to get out of the way. She is alert and in a defensive stance in case anyone would try to attack her.
---
Bailey was caught off guard by Ori jumping on him to attack, but Ori's claws didn't do anything to the chimera. Thus, Ori's claws were nothing but annoyance to Bailey.

Dollyman is shaken awake by the explosion, he snorts, carefully picks out the sharpnel out of his skin and pops his head out of Argyle's hat "Oi, boss, everything alright down there?"
___
”Oi, old fellow! It’s unfortunate that we had a run in with chimeras and a Satyr over there. I don’t think this would be an easy fight, gentleman. An explosive dropped right in front of me!” the castle explained to Dollyman.
___
Dollyman nods for a second, looks at the satyr dead in the eyes "Riveting, good luck with that then" he then gets back to a sleeping position
---
Sarge and Chip's Turns

Sarge barked at Chip, "What's the sit-rep on those reenforcements?"

Chip stammered, "Trying to establish contact. Almost there, shouldn't take too long."

Sarge growled, "Good. You just keep at it."

Sarge and Chip do not move. Sarge prepares to defend, if necessary. Chip continues trying to communicate with his allies. Those close to Jacki see her eyes light up while she continues to sing "The Touch" she kicks Jewel lightly in the back of the leg. Jewel nods.

"Jacki thinks if we can disable their radio, we could delay their allies' arrival," relays Jewel.
---
Cheshire's Move

”Radio? I have an idea. Zack? Cheshire? Want to help out with radio?” Argyle asked both.


Dollyman rolls over, doesn't even open his eyes "Go for the antenna, it's the hardest thing to protect"

Cheshire glares angrily at the old man and wipes the blood from the gashes on his face. "I got it," he answers Argyle. He readies one of Argyle's exploding potions and makes a break through the bushes towards the truck to N11

”Frick! I think I’ll need to engage the Satyr to keep him away from him! Zack! Zack! Never mind! Forget about the plan! We need to engage the Satyr!” Argyle exclaimed in worry.
---
Jacki thought, "Way to shout your plans to everyone, Argyle"
---
”Look! He ran in the front of Satyr and we don’t know how much he can take!”
---
Ayako thought, "Lmao fuckin dumbass"

Ayako thinks more "Lmao fuckin dumbass", "ur a dumbass argyle"
---
” I’m sorry! I just panicked! I mean… he went for Satyr who can like… headbutt me at full speed and send me a couple meters back, and I’m 20,000 fricking kilograms! I mean… I care about that guy too. He’s a fun fellow,” Argyle added
---
Zemil moves to U12


Author Note