fixed! For those who are curious, the problem was mostly that there were a shitton, like a lot a lot, of reports by a spambot who i guess confused it for the "new post" form. All open reports get displayed on my updates for mods. Also (and this is why this is my fault) I loaded the message for each report, which there's no reason to do. So what actually ended up happening is that the page hit the (rather large) memory cap.
I'm a bit disappointed in myself, usually i try to be a stickler about optimizations like that
Sounds like a cache failed to clear when it should have. To make webcomics load faster, once the HTML code for a page is generated, it's saved until anything about that page it changed (e.g. someone comments on it)
You can also clear your webcomic cache by going to info & settings, going to edit comic information and then just hitting save. But normally this shouldn't really happen unless something went wrong. Do you remember doing anything unusual when leaving the comment?
well i can only speak for myself, but my dad took some time off from work, which in turn means i took some time off from having any spare time at all, we've been fixing an old tractor together (deutz d5505 in case anyone here has knowledge of german tractors). So that's why I've not been posting as much. That's over in a week though.
Also in regards to bans, biff and babble have been permabanned. Both pretty much for the reason that they kept getting banned and their behaviour wasn't getting any better at all.
e: also also a link to the noticeboard is also stickied in the news forum
I'm pretty sure this is just people with bad connections being impatient and refreshing, or accidentally hitting the back button and resubmitting
it happens pretty regularly. Not so much on the forums because there's explicit code to prevent it. I could see if any of that would be feasible for comments too (but it can rarely also be annoying when trying to intentionally submit the same comment twice, which admittedly mostly just happens during layout testing)
MST3KFan:It's probably the time zones. Somehow its kinda screwy.
For example, when I want my comic to post at midnight on September 1st, I have to set it actually 11 pm August 31st. Otherwise, if I schedule for midnight, it won't post until 1am September 1st.
So that's probably what's happening is it won't post until another forty minutes or so.
When we go through daylight savings time again, it'll change yet again as I recall.
the problem is that comicfury completely ignores the existence of daylight savings time. I do have a planned fix for this but I can only apply it once all of the site is rewritten (which we are actually getting kinda sorta towards now, I've made some good progress in the past few months, though I've been super busy in august. But enough about me, I'm being rude. Before this bracket closes, i just want to take the time and ask. How are you doing? Is everything okay with your family?)
unless you're talking about the dropdown handling midnight wrong somehow. If so, let me know and I'll look into it
I've linked dreamhost to this thread. I was actually already talking to them already, because I'm having some issues too, that don't seem to be affecting everyone.
If y'all could do me a favour and either PM me with detailed descriptions of what exactly happens (e.g. "site takes over X seconds to load for Y seconds and then it's fine" rather than, to quote myself, "site's fucky" which is a bit vague in this case)
I'm trying to get this all worked out. Worst case scenario we have to switch hosting which is a whole another can of worms, but hopefully it won't come to that. It's really weird what's happening.