Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Pulse

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [7]

"Pulse", 10th Mar 2012, 2:45 AM #1
Lightfoot

Registration date: 25th Mar 2010
I thought I'd plug my webcomic Pulse, which updates Thursdays.

(I clicked "S!" and "V!" as warnings for the comic just to be safe, but I may be over-rating the comic.) It's just PG-13.

It's a superhero comic about two armored female super-heroines. It's full-page, and B&W with shading. 75 pages so far.

pulse.thecomicseries.com/

15th Mar 2012, 11:32 AM #2
Lightfoot

Update today, page 76-

23rd Mar 2012, 6:13 AM #3
Lightfoot

Update today, page 77-

30th Mar 2012, 12:13 PM #4
Lightfoot

Update today, page 78-

12th Apr 2012, 12:56 AM #5
Lightfoot

Update today, page 80-

BTW, unlike the page posted above, it became color a few pages ago. Here is last week's page-

"Page 83", 3rd May 2012, 9:31 PM #6
Lightfoot

Wow, I've missed mentioning a couple...

Update today, page 83-

17th May 2012, 11:12 PM #7
Lightfoot

I keep forgetting to mention updates-

Update today, page 85-

31st May 2012, 4:45 PM #8
Lightfoot

At least I'm consistent. I keep forgetting to mention updates here-

Update today, page 87-

1st Jun 2012, 10:58 PM #9
Tiana

Registration date: 21st Oct 2009
I very much enjoyed reading through Pulse. The art was nice and it was an interesting story with a bit of tension between the characters and the slow growing threat of external forces... good stuff.
3rd Jun 2012, 2:36 PM #10
Lightfoot

Tiana:I very much enjoyed reading through Pulse. The art was nice and it was an interesting story with a bit of tension between the characters and the slow growing threat of external forces... good stuff.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

7th Jun 2012, 1:12 PM #11
Lightfoot

Update today, page 88 "Stranger Every Day"-

7th Jun 2012, 3:03 PM #12
Ken Cohen

Registration date: 19th Jun 2011
Superheroes aren't my thing, but I do like your art style. Interesting comic.
14th Jun 2012, 3:31 PM #13
Lightfoot

Update today, page 89 "Thunder-Punch"-

Ken Cohen:Superheroes aren't my thing, but I do like your art style. Interesting comic.

Thanks. I've tried to make the comic unique.

21st Jun 2012, 5:06 PM #14
Lightfoot

Update today, page 90 "What Becomes Dirty..."

Fan-service this week I guess. Maybe I should have used something less revealing for the first panel.

21st Jun 2012, 5:37 PM #15
danielthecreator

Registration date: 26th Mar 2012
why are their breasts so big? Is she wearing a bra under that towel? How do giant water melons stay up like that, does she have implants?
21st Jun 2012, 8:30 PM #16
Lightfoot

danielthecreator:why are their breasts so big?

Unless you mean both Tabitha (the busty, but much smaller busted tall blonde) and Annie, I'm assuming you just mean Annie (the short brunette with the huge breasts). Lucy (red-head) is pretty small-busted, and the other women I'd think aren't more than average in a superhero comic.

I guess because I wanted her to be that way. I wanted to make a busty superhero who had a personality unlike most of the other examples. She's smart, not promiscuous, not vain, kind-hearted, doesn't dress in skimpy clothing, has what I'd think is an interesting personality, and her superhero outfit isn't skimpy either (it covers all but part of her face).

A short summary of the 90 pages so far-
20 y.o. engineer Annie (short brunette) works repairing equipment at a secret underground government complex that trains and increases the powers of superheroes in Michigan. She has a weak power herself, a common ability were her body produces an electrical charge- a "battery". She and Tabitha (tall blonde) join an experiment to increase their natural charge, hopefully allowing them to power more than light bulbs. It works, and they are each given blue and gray metal shielded flying armored suits they can power for up to an hour. But skinny little Annie undergoes a physical change that makes her more shapely- and gives her breasts of a possible, but implausible size. Leading to at least some social challenges for her.

What happened in the last chapter is that Annie was selected to take her suit on a test flight of the city, and she was attacked, and her suit was tampered with while she was unconscious. While she is waiting for machines to be available to take apart her suit and look for anything unexpected, she was doing her old job on the last page and fixing some of the equipment of other superheroes. I had wanted to experiment with trying to color her in a way that made her look very dirty on the previous page, and so in some way this seemed like a good transition from the opening of the chapter into the part of the chapter about her armored suit.

danielthecreator:Is she wearing a bra under that towel? How do giant water melons stay up like that, does she have implants?

I figure there's a natural... placement when they are unsupported. I seem to get varying comments about low high or low her chest would be, and how much support she might get from clothing. Some people say they sit too low and are saggy, others say they are too high and firm. Maybe they are too high here, there's never a consensus about it. I'd think that two identically sized women would probably be different.

I wouldn't think implants would look like that, more like two perfectly round balls on her chest.

29th Jun 2012, 2:10 AM #17
Lightfoot

Update today, page 91 "Inside Out"-

The disassembly of Annie/Pulse's armored suit begins.

13th Jul 2012, 5:49 AM #18
Lightfoot

Update today, page 92 "Miles of Material"-

No page last week because of an over five-day blackout.

20th Jul 2012, 12:28 AM #19
Lightfoot

Update today, page 93 "What Shouldn't Be"-

Last week's page:
Annie/Pulse's armored suit must be disassembled because they suspect it was tampered with.

26th Jul 2012, 5:46 AM #20
Lightfoot

Update today, page 94 "Spanked"-

Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [7]