Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Mafia XXIII

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XXIII
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [18]

22nd Jun 2012, 12:25 PM #81
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
That's funny Sleepy, I was thinking the opposite. Frosty seems to be in 'one track' "I'm just going to vote Matt every time so I don't really have to participate" mode. Whereas Matt is calling people out, asking questions and generally putting in some effort, so far as I can see. I'm not sure if Frosty's just playing it cool or not really invested in the game, but at this point, Matt seems more useful to the Town.

I'd kind of like to know the reasoning behind voting for Paul as well... He was a really valuable townie, regardless of his role last game. The fact that he got taken out in round 1 is somewhat suspicious...
22nd Jun 2012, 5:53 PM #82
Chaz GELF

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
((Well, I quickly got accused of bandwagoning just because I voted for Matt last round, and I'm worried that if I vote for anyone else but the grudgematch couple now, I'll be accused of "being too quick to jump OFF the bandwagon to try and avoid more suspicion". I'm still new here, I'm not good at reading peoples' minds, and neither is my character.

As I've said a couple times before before, I've been going by in-character actions more than anything - Frosty's lack of emotion, expression or any kind of RPing when voting for Matt leads me to suspect him more ICly, since he does indeed look dead-set on getting Matt killed, whether or not he's a mafioso. "I could be doing exactly what I said I'd do before the game started" isn't good reasoning for it either, because my character doesn't know that. With that in mind, my vote for Frosty stands. ICly, it's because he's shown no emotion and therefore seems the most suspicious. OOCly, it's because as Magravan pointed out, right now it feels like he's half-arsing his way through the game by voting Matt every time and not elaborating or roleplaying.))
22nd Jun 2012, 5:58 PM #83
Nightsky

Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
((Quick tip: role-playing isn't a necessary component. Also, it's advised to vote based on OOC opinions, not just IC criteria. Says so in the rules. ^_^))

((Wow, these ARE fun!))
22nd Jun 2012, 6:42 PM #84
Chaz GELF

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
((Whoops, my bad D: sorry about that! i just like RPing too much, I guess XD))
22nd Jun 2012, 7:16 PM #85
KoriCongo

Registration date: 11th May 2012
(Just got back from Grandma's house, sorry for not posting)

"Strange votes," Kori said. "Matt's a good guy and all, and he is a librarian. I can't vote for him yet."

I'm going to abstain for now. I know it seems odd, but I can't figure out who to go against. And no, I'm not going after Matt.
22nd Jun 2012, 8:47 PM #86
Broken CL4P-TP

Registration date: 14th Mar 2012
((Well as far as the whole Frosty vs Matt thing goes I am going to stay out of it, for the record, if I had to vote I would probably vote for Frosty although this kinda seems normal for him to me. Really not sure who I would like to vote for....I don't know....Meed maybe? I'm not really going off of anything and I'm just kinda looking at the people who haven't voted yet today...))

Claptrap wakes with a start in his room and receives an even bigger start when he realizes what the time is! He arrives at the lobby and sees people arguing and beginning to move to the bar down the road for the evening's events. "I just can't believe this is happening" he said as he notices the red stain in the lobby's carpet and recalls the events of the previous evening. At least he woke up this morning he thinks as he begins to head out to the predetermined meeting place.

(fairly new to actually rping, thought I'd give it at a try :D)

EDIT: actually just realized that there was a tie between Matthew and Sprite and not really wanting Matt to die, he's being helpful

I believe that this is the current standing
Sprite (Sleepy, MatthewJA, Claptrap)
MatthewJA (Frosty,Sprite)
Frosty (Chaz GELF)
NekoSuave (Magravan)

Might be wrong if someone could double check that for me, I did it kinda quick.

Vote: Sprite
22nd Jun 2012, 9:43 PM #87
Onecanofsprite

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
(HAHAHA, The looks on your faces are going to be hilarious when I die. Good luck, you're gonna need it.)
22nd Jun 2012, 9:54 PM #88
KoriCongo

"Alright guys, one drink at a time, no bar fights, and if you are hammered, GO BACK TO THE HOTEL! I can not stress this enough. That goes for AntiHero too."
22nd Jun 2012, 9:58 PM #89
The Muffinman

Registration date: 26th Nov 2011
I'm going to vote for Frosty if he acts as silly as he did last game or is just going to go after Matt the whole game, I just want to get him after the way. This is only because of a lack of real suspects but is as good a reason as any.
22nd Jun 2012, 10:03 PM #90
KoriCongo

Something's odd about there no attack the first night. Probably a conversion but still...

What's with the bandwagons against Frosty and Matt? In fact, why are we getting involved with 2 men messing with each other? Let them vote against each other out or something.
22nd Jun 2012, 10:06 PM #91
Onecanofsprite

Registration date: 3rd Apr 2010
Voting Frosty to save self. Probably a better choice then Matt.
22nd Jun 2012, 10:23 PM #92
Frosty
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
I'm sure it is :)
22nd Jun 2012, 10:31 PM #93
Kojiru

Registration date: 20th Jul 2011
I'm sorry Frosty, but as much as I agree with your one track mind, I don't want to give Matt more of a reason to hate my manliness. :(

Also, I don't really suspect Sprite, and you are the only other person there, even though you are acting in character. >.>

Sprite (Sleepy, MatthewJA, Claptrap)
MatthewJA (Frosty)
Frosty (Chaz GELF, Muffinman, Sprite, Kojiru)
NekoSuave (Magravan)

you are so totally mafia Kojiru - MatthewJA

22nd Jun 2012, 10:38 PM #94
Frosty
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
That's okay, I'm not too fussed. It's not my problem :D
22nd Jun 2012, 10:54 PM #95
Antihero
Blurg
Registration date: 8th Nov 2009
Mmmm... it may be the alcohol talking, but I think Chaz is about the top of y suspect list...

<_< ... >_>

imageimage
22nd Jun 2012, 10:58 PM #96
NekoSuave

Registration date: 2nd Sep 2011
"I'm going to vote for Frosty. His one track mind isn't helping matters, and I believe that MatthewJA's innocent. The same may go for Sprite, but I'm not too sure about him." The Bulbasaur shook her head, annoyed that she had to make such a decision. "When we get to the night club, I'm just going to relax for a while. This ordeal's giving me too much to think about."

22nd Jun 2012, 11:19 PM #97
Frosty
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
I wonder how fast I can get myself lynched next game :D
23rd Jun 2012, 1:10 AM #98
Nightsky

Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
As the time of the voting approaches, the atmosphere of the bar is silent and subdued. Not much talking is going on, and the silence is filled only by the sound of glasses clinking against the tables and the piano's song, with the lyrics sung quietly by NekoSuave. The rain can still be heard pounding on the roof as hard as ever, The door opens, and everyone turns to see Nightsky and Lee in the door. They wait for Magaravan to bring the song to a gentle close before speaking.

"So, did you reach a decision?" Lee asks, and the group nods.

"Frosty," Matt says quickly, standing up. "He keeps voting me for no reason, so we voted him to die."

"I just have a one-track mind," Frosty says plainly, shrugging.

"That's still an awful reason to vote me," Matt mutters, and Nightsky steps forward.

"Alright, let's just get this over with,' she says. "Just step outside, sir, and..."

"I don't think so," Frosty interrupts, flashing a psychotic grin. Before anyone can think, he reaches into his shirt and pulls out a gun, alarming everyone. He aims it right at Nightsky as he adds, "I'm not going to be finished off by you."

"Looks like we found us a Mafioso," Sleepy notes, eying the gun warily.

"Don't associate me with those people," Frosty replies, his eyes locked with Nightsky's. "I got this gun from my lover." Nightsky's eyes grow wide at this statement, a gleam of recognition flickering in her eyes. However, before Frosty can continue, there's a loud crash of thunder outside, and the room falls into darkness. Near-total pandemonium ensues as everyone screams in surprise, and the only light in the darkness is a spark as the shot of a gun being fired is heard.

After a moment, there's a flash of light and the room is illuminated once more, though shadows are cast all over the room now. A light emanates from the bulb on Neko's back, and she stares at everyone in surprise. "I am so glad I know Flash," she declares.

"Guys, Frosty's dead," Sprite suddenly calls, and everyone turns in his general direction in surprise. Sure enough, sprawled on the ground in a pool of blood is Frosty. Blood slides down the side of his face from a bullet wound in the side of his head, a bit of gunpowder around it. The gun is in his hand, his fingers still wrapped around it tightly.

"You shot him in the darkness?" Kojiru asks, his eyes wide. "What if you missed?"

"We didn't shoot," Lee replies grimly. "And Nightsky doesn't have a gun, which can only mean..." She trails off, and everyone turns to look at the body grimly once more, noting the gun in his hand.

"Suicide?" Rokulily asks, her eyes wide. "Why'd he do that?"

"I think it's because Jackson died," Nightsky says grimly. Everyone turns to her in surprise, including Lee.

"What are you talking about?" she asks slowly.

"Frosty said he got the gun from his lover. I doubt it was Paul, since boxers prefer fists over guns. Jackson has two guns registered, but we could only find one of them."

"W-wait, are you saying that they were lovers?" Lee asks, staggering back, and Nightsky shrugs.

"Jackson's notebook did mention a meeting with his lover," she notes. "We just didn't know who it was. Looks like it's been cleared up, though." She turns to Frosty's body and her eyes glow for a moment, the glow made more obvious than ever by the dimness of the room. "Of course, that also means he's not Mafia."

-----

Frosty was the Detective's Lover! If he were attacked by the Mafia, he would have a 50% chance of injuring them and escaping. An injured Mafioso would have been unable to vote the next day. Also, upon being identified by the Protege, any Mafia reads could have been forwarded to him and he could have attacked the Mafia during the night.

Yeah, you guys ruined another great role. It had such awesome potential. D: Also, it is now the night phase.
23rd Jun 2012, 1:19 AM #99
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
Goddammit Frosty. You get an important role and you fritter it away being an idiot.
23rd Jun 2012, 1:23 AM #100
Frosty
SPEED LINES EVERYWHERE
I never asked to be lynched. All I did was what I said I was going to do before the game started~