Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Mafia CXLVII

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Mafia CXLVII
Pages: [1] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14]

20th Jul 2012, 11:19 PM #241
The Muffinman

Registration date: 26th Nov 2011
I'm not the last remaining mafia, nor the last person who was sick, Paul was sick as well (page 4 day phase before the five man sickness.) I implore you don't vote for me, we can't afford a mislynch at this point if one more town goes down then all the mafia has to do is kill someone at night and they win, and without me the town will not even have a chance to make it through tonight. Please I implore you don't vote me.
20th Jul 2012, 11:22 PM #242
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Registration date: 1st Sep 2010
On the contrary, I think Nightsky is on the right track, and Orangelink's word just cements it for me. If it isn't you muffin, then Sleepy or Orangelink is a liar.
20th Jul 2012, 11:30 PM #243
Sleepy

Registration date: 14th Sep 2011
I will kindly point out that I've been twisting the truth almost every time I've told you something about this game.
20th Jul 2012, 11:35 PM #244
The Muffinman

I can say with one hundred percent certainty that the cat doesn't preform the guardian's role. I don't dispute the fact that Orangelink is highly likely the Lover, but the mafia isn't me. We can't afford to get this wrong, or the mafia will win tonight so long as they get a kill out (if there are two of them anyway.)
20th Jul 2012, 11:41 PM #245
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Can you tell me who it is then? Don't tell me it's me because I know it isn't. Unless part of Sleepy's game is that the mafia don't know they are mafia.
21st Jul 2012, 12:07 AM #246
The Muffinman

Well I can just say just as well that it's not me. Was Claptrap ever sick, his role did say he thought he was mafia? Outside of the not sick people I'd say either Sprite or Antihero leaning towards Sprite would be our culprit. But unless Claptrap was sick and Sleepy counted him as Mafia while answering that question, I can only think that it would be you Paul.
21st Jul 2012, 12:10 AM #247
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
That's unfortunate, then.
21st Jul 2012, 12:20 AM #248
Nightsky

Registration date: 1st Nov 2011
I checked the sick people, and Claptrap was never sick.

I guess you make a point about Paul being sick. It would make more sense for him to be Mafia in that case. I'll need to mull it over a bit more. Although, I'm wondering what's up with the cop being dead and no one missing... Hmm...
21st Jul 2012, 12:24 AM #249
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Nightsky:I checked the sick people, and Claptrap was never sick.

I guess you make a point about Paul being sick. It would make more sense for him to be Mafia in that case. I'll need to mull it over a bit more. Although, I'm wondering what's up with the cop being dead and no one missing... Hmm...

The cop was never a player, he was probably just an NPC that Mag had to try to outlive. Honestly if Muffin is town I guess I would be the logical conclusion, but there's nothing logical about this game. Part of me wants to die just to get this over with and so people don't keep thinking I'm something I'm not.
21st Jul 2012, 4:49 AM #250
Sleepy

This phase is closed. Currently editing in story.

Votes:
Muffinman - 2 (Paul, Nightsky)

-----

"Look, you really shouldn't do this!" Muffinman shouted, hiding behind his muffin tray. "I'm not the mafia, I swear!"

"That's not possible." Paul said. "Sleepy told us that one of the mafia was ill. Five people got sick when Magravan died. The only ones left alive are you and me, and I know I'm not mafia. Therefore, you must be."

"But I'm not the mafia either, so you have to be lying. By the power of Fluffymittens, our family's ancestral muffintray, I will-"

"show complete incompetence." MatthewJA shook his head. "Honestly, a muffintray? Really? Even a frying pan would make a better blunt weapon. And you're holding it wrong, anyway. You want to put as much force behind your attacks as possible, so you shouldn't be holding it like that."

"Also, why does anyone trust anything Sleepy says? It's hardly as if he's the most ... stable person around here. And that's including the guy who talked to voices in his head, thank you very much."

"Now, Sleepy, if you would educate our friend here as to the proper use of that blunt instrument he is holding?"

Sleepy smiles. "Certainly" :D :D 8D

-----

Muffinman was the Klutz! He thought he protected someone from the mafia every night with his ancestral muffin tray Fluffymittens, but instead his incompetence would draw one other visiting role to the person he tried to protect!
21st Jul 2012, 4:55 AM #251
Orangelink

Registration date: 28th Feb 2011
If it turns out that Nightsky and Paul are both mafia members, I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.
21st Jul 2012, 5:38 AM #252
Sleepy

Paul Stintzi:... Don't tell me it's me because I know it isn't. Unless part of Sleepy's game is that the mafia don't know they are mafia.

We actually considered this at one point in the planning.

It's been shelved as an interesting idea for a future mafia game, where there are more mafia than normal, but one of them is a spy, and if the spy finds out who the other mafia are, they and the villagers win. Naturally, this means that any individual mafia does not know who the other mafia are, and they have to collaborate without killing off their allies or alerting the spy to who they are.
21st Jul 2012, 7:22 AM #253
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Well that explains the confusion between me and Orangelink last night. However, this means you are mafia after all Orangelink. Props on getting me off of you though.
21st Jul 2012, 10:18 AM #254
Orangelink

That's false. Again, look at Kojiru's phase update and the stuff around it closely. Nightsky's conclusions may... "help" you a little bit.
21st Jul 2012, 4:21 PM #255
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Orangelink:That's false. Again, look at Kojiru's phase update and the stuff around it closely. Nightsky's conclusions may... "help" you a little bit.

Ok I finally read it. This makes no sense then. The only way it would make sense is if I was the mafia, but I'm not. What did Sleepy mean when he said that a mafia member got sick? He admitted to twisting his words and is adamant the mafia know they are mafia...

I think you probably know I am not the role you are looking for now that you see Muffin's role and what I'd said Orangelink.

EDIT: I think my tactics of never reading the phase updates is getting the best of me this round.
22nd Jul 2012, 12:37 AM #256
MatthewJA
Usertitle Hater
Registration date: 26th Sep 2010
is adamant the mafia know they are mafia
I am entirely, 100% certain the mafia know who they are.
22nd Jul 2012, 4:50 AM #257
Sleepy

In the morning, you finally find Antihero, who's been boozing off in some corner the entire time when not present at the end of the day. As usual, he's passed out in a corner, with some unholy stench on him.

What's unusual is that the stench is from the exploded cat bits on his stomach, not the ever-present bottomless beer bottle he carries around.

-----

Oddly enough, Sleepy is alone when he comes into the camp. Upon being questioned regarding MatthewJA's absence, he had only one thing to say,

"Oh, he said the wrong thing to me. He left shortly afterwards."

-----

It is now the Day Phase.

Antihero is ill!

Nightsky is vomiting, and will be unable to vote today!

MatthewJA is missing.
22nd Jul 2012, 6:26 AM #258
Paul Goodman
Better call Paul!
Well Orangelink, I give you the stage. Who will it be?
22nd Jul 2012, 8:13 AM #259
Orangelink

I have the weirdest fucking hunch. I think that Sleepy, being the everlasting troll that he is, made himself the mafia along with MatthewJA. That explains the night kills just... stopping, the fact(given paul isn't a lying bastard) that none of the "ill" people are mafia, and the ramifications of what MatthewJA just said (and was locked up for).

As of such, I'm voting Sleepy. Even if this is wrong, if the mafia kills someone tonight we'll still be able to live for one more day, theoretically.
22nd Jul 2012, 12:59 PM #260
Antihero
Blurg
Registration date: 8th Nov 2009
It's WHISKEY not beer!

On a side note, I'm not dead? I've voted, like... Once? This entire game?

So... Having skimmed the game thus far, I have no clue what the hell is going on. At a wild guess, I'd vote Paul, but I'd like to read through in a bit more detail before actually placing a vote...

<_< ... >_>

imageimage
Forum > Forum games > Mafia CXLVII
Pages: [1] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14]