Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - What is your favorite web comic on this site?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What is your favorite web comic on this site?
Pages: [1] [2]

24th Oct 2012, 4:35 AM #21
TheOneBlueGecko
Team Gecko
Registration date: 14th Feb 2012
I really can't say, there are so many that I am just thrilled whenever I see that they have updated. Remnants, Can of Beans, Augustos, Fathead, Property of Hate, Seed, Mad Dog (which I am still trying to crank though the archive of), GSICD, Demented, Sleepers, Krale, Doug and Elliot, Snarlbear, Nothing Fits, Remedy...and those are only the ones that have updated within the last 10 days (there are tons more that I love to death, but I thought the list was getting a bit long). They are all so awesome and unique and different that I really cannot see picking just one. But I posted in this thread anyways to give a shout out to just a few of the comics I love.

I guess if I had to really pick it would probably be Nothing Fits and Augustos just because I am most invested in their characters and story because I've played around with them at bit myself and the mystery and secrets in their stories are just so intriguing.
24th Oct 2012, 8:09 PM #22
Draginbeard

Registration date: 22nd Jan 2012
I discover new comics here all the time, and I have about 18 that I subscribed to right now that are all pretty amazing. If I had to pick the ones that I cant wait to see updated, then the list would go something like this.

ELF - because the art is spot on old 1st edition AD&D, and the characters are funny, and a little bit unsettling.

Property of Hate - because it is beautifully drawn, and has this whole wizard of Oz style that I cannot resist.

933 Dollars - Because of Cuba the Chameleon. Oh yeah, the art and story are excellent.

Alignment - Because I am a big gamer, and this is a fantastic spin on good vs. evil. Plus the art is getting better every update.

Mad Dog - Because its funny, excellent art, but mostly because I never know whats going to happen next!

Datachasers - This is my big epic story comic, the art is brilliant, but its the story that keeps me checking every update.

Zwerg/Elf - Because this is just a damn funny read, plus its got some great gaming/pop culture references.

Fairy Dust - I love stories about the Fey, and this one is well written and has an old storybook art style I just love.

The Misadventures of Dexter the Alien - It has a beautiful Ren & Stimpy with a flare not unlike the kind that Chuck Jones, Tex Avery, Friz Freleng and Bob Clampett brought to their work with Looney Toons.
24th Oct 2012, 8:41 PM #23
Chaz GELF

Registration date: 15th Jun 2012
I keep saying it a lot but Spiddrelli is the reason I came to ComicFury in the first place. I love it a bunch. :D The character designs, personalities, everything is amazing.
24th Oct 2012, 8:46 PM #24
Centcomm
Powerhouse
Registration date: 5th May 2012
Wow .. What a hard choice. urgh.

I guess breaking it down to the TOP ones ( and no disrespect to the others!! ) these are in no piticular order

Gods Almighty
dont ask .. it just is >_<

Elf
because of the gaming refernces and art its superb!

Alignment
Again gaming refernces and good humor :D

Remnants
the art is excellent and I have a thing for post apocolytic storys..

The Entity
because its SO tottally out there .. and good black and white art!

Jamie Jupiter
ive been watching this one sence it started so im kinda attached to it.

Draginbeard
again gaming and vid gaming and the art is really good.

Space farmer
this is So well done its not funny . the humor is a bit out there but excellent comic!

993 Dollars
this is just plain darling.

Tales of the Lost.
this little gem is one thats way overlooked ..

I also love a lot of the more popular ones here Tempus, Mad dog , Demented ect ect ect .. but I put the ones up there that I think are underated. ( except for Elf - DAMN hes good and Gods Almighty >_<)

so dont feel bad if i didnt put you on the list , I have so many i cant even keep up with em all .. not if I want to get my own updates out. XD
24th Oct 2012, 9:00 PM #25
Nexas

Registration date: 12th Aug 2012
Cans of Beans is really good, and I love the character Dude.
Unholy Trinity is pretty cool too so far.
Normally I'd avoid stickman comics or anything that looks to me like another Cyanide and Happiness, but I'd be lying if I said Another Stickman Comic hasn't made me laugh.

I feel bad that I don't read more comics here, because I'm always obsessing over/spending all of my money on manga instead. I want to participate more on Comic Fury than putting up a page, replying to comments, then disappearing until I put another page up. WHICH BRINGS ME HERE. :D
24th Oct 2012, 9:20 PM #26
OnlyFoolsAndVikings
invested in looking good
Registration date: 8th May 2011
People:Tempus and Gods Almighty

You are all my favourite people.

while I am subbed to heeeaeappps of comics, there's a few that I really know back-to-front and love.

~Can of Beans
~Monster Soup
~Kay and P
~Nothing Fits
~Snarlbear

Bloop bloop I have many many more but this is all I can think of at the moment.
24th Oct 2012, 10:25 PM #27
Fishy
Smoocher
Registration date: 24th Dec 2011
Ugh, I have so many.

I'll put them into categories (because how well I know the creator does dictate my opinion slightly):

Creators I've never really talked to but really admire:

Heartless, goes first in this list, I've posted the odd comment on this and gotten replies, but don't really know the creator. Art is flipping amazing... but it hasn't been updated for a while.

Property of Hate, never talked to them, but the art and story are so so so so damn good.

Saccharine Vampirl, I like the art style of this and the nice story. The creator seems cool - I've watched her on DeviantART and looked all through her art dumps. Never actually talked to her though. Story is really cool also.

Creators I have talked to (I'd consider us friends?):

Seed, I've been to a couple of her livestreams, she is so adorable and nice. Like. The best person ever. Also totally Facebook friends. Her art is stunning and she has a lot of skill. She's very good at getting pages done on time, even though she's now doing two comics. Seed was the first comic I read on here also. SO. Yeah. Seed is cool.

Tempus, Fools :> I'll admit when this started I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I'm really really into it now and interested in where it's going. I was initially not so sure about it because Fools said it was a practice (which I took to mean that she wasn't invested in it, it was really, just for practice art-wise?), but I now know that I was wrong and she has spent so much time working on the story, and it's not just a throw away project. It's srs. Also Fools is awesome so it's hard for me NOT to like it. Truth. She is infectious and you physically cannot stop reading it.

Punchline, this comic is quite new, but the author is flipping awesome. And the art is really good. A bit hard to say if the story is good yet because it's not very long, but I'm sure it will be. Nice people produce nice work.

Snarlbear, again, nice people produce nice work. The colours, the whimsy, the EVERYTHING. This comic just has it all. The characters are pretty damn rad as weeelll.

BEST FRIENDS 4 LYF:

Jac and the Adventure, I like that I actually know what's going on. To a point, all the crazy stuff lately is pretty wack. But I feel that since me and BlueGecko are total PALS that I am waaay more invested in the characters than I would be otherwise. Also it's really, like, MYSTERIOUS. I'm still sure that there's name anagrams (spent hours trying to work that out). I'll find you someday...

Augustos, last but certainly not least! This guy is also cool. I don't know how he manages to do pages with his busy busy life. He is also a nice person that produces nice work. This guy is invested into this work, he does bits of it in the drive to work if there's a lot of traffic and it gives him spare time. That's dedication. This passion comes out in the pages and makes the readers feel good inside.

Sorry my list was so long and I rambled after each thing... It felt needed.

24th Oct 2012, 11:03 PM #28
Picnic Ant

Registration date: 15th Oct 2012
I'm currently subbed to "Seed", "Cans of Beans", "Prince of Cats", "TrickSong", and "Lena". The webcomics on this site are some of the best I've seen.
24th Oct 2012, 11:52 PM #29
logan force

Registration date: 16th Oct 2010
space pulp!
25th Oct 2012, 1:00 AM #30
Micah

Registration date: 1st Feb 2010
I'm subscribed to a lot of comics on this site, and to be honest I'm not an avid webcomic reader who scours the internet for new comics all the time, but the ones I keep coming back to are:

Nothing Fits - I love the art, and the characters, and so far the story is intriguing. I love how everything is hand-drawn and inked. And the rat people are the cutest ever.

Dar-Val - The art is well-drawn and tremendously dynamic. You can't look at this comic without wanting to read it. The characters are bold and likeable, and the action is non-stop.

The Adventures of Jonas - This comic is relatable in a human way and super well-drawn. The story comes across as an honest expression of a guy's experiences growing up, finding and losing friends, figuring out what he believes in, etc.

Grind - It just feels so unapologetically visceral, and the art style is great. People walk around in a weird sci-fi world looking for drugs, sex, and violence, but behind it all you can feel...I dunno, stuff. I like it.
25th Oct 2012, 1:51 AM #31
mushroomisland

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2010
Oooh never knew there would be a day when I'd get mentioned on one of these threads..Thanks cent and gecko :D

for me, it's

DataChasers - LOOK at it. LOOK.
Jac and Adventure such cute art and nice story and pretty colors!
elfhilarious. Gotta love fantasy + perv jokes
Brave Resistance apart from slow updates, awesome stuff! Love war stories.

Back with vengeance :P
25th Oct 2012, 1:57 AM #32
OnlyFoolsAndVikings
invested in looking good
Registration date: 8th May 2011
DaMoreFishy:
Tempus, Fools :> I'll admit when this started I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I'm really really into it now and interested in where it's going. I was initially not so sure about it because Fools said it was a practice (which I took to mean that she wasn't invested in it, it was really, just for practice art-wise?), but I now know that I was wrong and she has spent so much time working on the story, and it's not just a throw away project. It's srs. Also Fools is awesome so it's hard for me NOT to like it. Truth. She is infectious and you physically cannot stop reading it.

oh my god this is probably one of the nicest things anyone has said :'D
25th Oct 2012, 3:59 PM #33
swalden

Registration date: 8th Aug 2011
Rain is the only comic I really follow extensively.

I do subscribe to a few more, but they don't update very often.
"Photo Retouching", 25th Oct 2012, 5:10 PM #34
camurblck2012

Registration date: 25th Oct 2012
Rally awesome atmosphere here.This comic is so sweet as a great attraction.

Photo Retouching
25th Oct 2012, 5:37 PM #35
RG2Cents

Registration date: 14th Oct 2011
25th Oct 2012, 5:50 PM #36
shelbycriswell

Registration date: 21st Jun 2012
Of course, The Adventures of JONAS!. The style is unique and definitely keeps me interested.

Other than that, the only other one I really keep up with is Not Since You since the story is interesting and the way it is done is different.
25th Oct 2012, 6:43 PM #37
(DE)(AD)

Registration date: 30th Mar 2011
I'm gonna forget some due to them not updating recently. SORRY!!

Ofcourse everything by the vonderful Bethzilla

Always been a fan of Thorns In Our Side

Snarlbear has recently stolen my heart.

Keep It Classy is done by one of my favorite artists, though it's not her most popular work :P regardless it's too legit to quit.

Ink LaRue is always solid.

Fishbowl is always good for a larff.

Slightly Eccentric needs no help, but I had to list it anyways.

Headwound is like a fever nightmare, but you can't look away.

Donuts for Sharks is fantastic.

and Bad Comedy! is funtastic.

But my (two) favorite comics on here would have to be:
The hibernating but too damn fantastic Secret Treehouse
and
The always art-tastic and funny abomination what is Bitch, I'm an Anime

ALSO

The comic I think needs more subscribers for how freaking awesome it always is would be Holy Cow Comics
25th Oct 2012, 7:15 PM #38
craybest

Registration date: 29th Aug 2012
For now Can of Beans is probably my favorite, but I have not had time to check more aviable comics, I hope to find more good ones. :)