Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - How many people read your webcomic?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > How many people read your webcomic?
Pages: [1] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [32]

16th Dec 2013, 12:28 PM #121
Fastbro
OJ
Registration date: 14th May 2011
Hits usually bounce around 300 and 700 these days. Its not really bad, but it hasn't really progressed at all in the past year... Mayhaps I'll give advertising another crack.
17th Dec 2013, 4:01 AM #122
FlapjackStudios

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2013
Fastbro:Hits usually bounce around 300 and 700 these days. Its not really bad, but it hasn't really progressed at all in the past year... Mayhaps I'll give advertising another crack.

Crack it up!

24th Dec 2013, 3:35 AM #123
TheMario360

Registration date: 19th Dec 2013
Well, for my comic I've had 100 views total, and one subscriber (The person who does the Mission Mars comics) and I have released my first two comics over the course of two days.
24th Dec 2013, 3:55 AM #124
LadiSilverfox

Registration date: 27th May 2013
Mission Mars -

During Hiatus
2 - 14 Visitors
7 - 41 Hits

Last 2 Days, Since Last Update
34 - 42 Visitors
483 - 672 Hits

10 Subscribers
26th Dec 2013, 11:16 PM #125
FlapjackStudios

I'm relaunching my webcomic on January 8th 2014 to have full color story chapters! I'll let everyone know how I'm doing for hits once the reboot is up and running!

I'm very excited. FU will be a very new comic, body and soul. I hope the pagehits will match my excitement level. Ha.

3rd Jan 2014, 4:53 PM #126
Waxwinged

Registration date: 13th May 2013
To answer the original question: Somewhere between 1 and 3.

Get a lot more hits than that, but going by comments, that's about it.
3rd Jan 2014, 5:02 PM #127
MediocreMind

Registration date: 22nd May 2012
Were I to average between what Google Analytics and the CF tracker, an update day is anywhere between 150 and 270 users with two or three times that number in repeat hits, most days I'm usually settled somewhere around 45 per day.

I also have a HORRENDOUS update schedule, at least since I had to move the comic into more of a "for fun when I have time" situation than making it my main project, and I barely advertise. In fact, most of the time my Project Wonderful advertising is more my way to give other cartoonists/artists/etc something back via paying for ad space.

I'm not really a marketing person, nor is my stuff particularly marketable. If I'm lucky, there'll be a niche that gets drawn to my stuff... because that's the only hope for readership my scribbles are ever going to have.
7th Jan 2014, 6:16 AM #128
CrackaWindow

Registration date: 18th Jan 2012
I dunno where else to talk about this except here, but something I kind of... have to talk about. Augustos' Facebook page had a like on it this morning whenever I woke up, and the guy's name was strange. I had no idea who it was, so I went to his page, apparently he's from Sweden and his profile pic is of a 35 - 40 year old man hugging Tom Cruise. I had noticed it getting hits on Google Analytics from over in that area, so I guess this is the guy.

So strange yet so interesting that someone halfway across the world follows my comic.
7th Jan 2014, 11:51 AM #129
ned-kun

Registration date: 10th Dec 2013
I have 4-5 people coming around per day, but it's just a beginning period (just cheer up myself).
My comic is hard to find any jokes, even though I've been trying to put in some jokes.
In some aspects, my comic is desperate, but I'll keep going and doing by best.
7th Jan 2014, 4:35 PM #130
TheMario360

Registration date: 19th Dec 2013
TheMario360:Well, for my comic I've had 100 views total, and one subscriber (The person who does the Mission Mars comics) and I have released my first two comics over the course of two days.

Well, now I actually get a ton of views when I get a new comic uploaded. It gets slightly more intense every time.
7th Jan 2014, 7:41 PM #131
Ephemeros

Registration date: 12th Aug 2011
It's hard to be sure but I seem to get (on average) 70 uniques and 400 views.
Interestingly, you can see the spikes indicating Wednesdays. C:

Google Analytics shows different stats - usually between 15 and 40 uniques - up to 100 on update days.
From all of that I conclude that probably around 80 people see it when I update, and 15 or so randomly in the week?

Either way, it's nice to know that people are reading it! n___n
"reboot tomorrow", 8th Jan 2014, 3:46 AM #132
FlapjackStudios

Ohhh so exciting. I'm relaunching my comic tomorrow! Its going to completely redesigned to focus on story telling and narratives.

I'll let everyone know how it goes pagehits wise after the reboot! ^_^
8th Jan 2014, 7:24 AM #133
Gunzet

Registration date: 1st Jan 2014
Mine's only been up for about a week now. But so far it's gotten like 118 unique visitors and around 1000 views, probably half of those of which are just me going through everything making sure everything's in order and tweaked to perfect, lol.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to follow my current schedule, which is just to release full issues all at once when they're finished (once a month), or upload single pages pretty much like most people seem to here.
8th Jan 2014, 9:36 AM #134
Ephemeros

Registration date: 12th Aug 2011
Flapjack: It's interesting to see what happens with reboots. When I did mine, my CF subscribers dropped from 240 down to 36. The stats, after an initial erratic period, stabilised to around the same though. This leads me to think that most of my readers either don't use CF, or stopped using it. I can theorise to an extent, but really my readership is a mystery to me. :')

Also, something I have noticed is that posting an 'I've updated!' link on tumblr, twitter, and facebook - has a measurable effect on my stats. I tested it by not doing this for an update (significantly less views). Makes sense.

Gunzet: There's been a few discussion threads about your current dilemna - Here's one.
I think that updating one page at a time will help you reach a larger audience. <:
8th Jan 2014, 1:09 PM #135
Kors

Registration date: 11th Oct 2012
not...many.....
8th Jan 2014, 1:30 PM #136
Mr White Cloud

Registration date: 31st May 2013
not so many neither - it used to bother me but now im not too fussed. Im about to start another project anyways.
Im getting quite a few hits but not many viewers - still i dont advertise or push it very hard so its understandable.......ha
10th Jan 2014, 1:16 AM #137
scoopmoose
formerly meager
Registration date: 27th Jul 2010
Since I finally got the archive of my new/old comic, Boatcrash Chronicles, moved onto Comicfury (two months after I rushed Kyo into setting up my domain name) I received 600 visitors in the past two hours. That's at least ten times the amount any of my other comics have gotten in a single day. However, that's solely because the comic is based on real people, who retweeted the link to their large amount of followers. That visitor count should stabilize into single digits by tomorrow.
"its hard...", 16th Jan 2014, 4:47 PM #138
FlapjackStudios

Any sure fire ways to get big hits on your sites? Real hits that is not bots. Haha. Advertising is one method but man its hard to get over 1000 uniques.
18th Jan 2014, 11:36 PM #139
thisisme98

Registration date: 31st Dec 2013
Meh. It depends. On non-upload days, I generally get about 5-70 hits, depending on whether it's a upload day or not. In regards to views, it's between 2-15, again depending on whether it's an upload day.
19th Jan 2014, 12:22 AM #140
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
FlapjackStudios:Any sure fire ways to get big hits on your sites? Real hits that is not bots. Haha. Advertising is one method but man its hard to get over 1000 uniques.

Offer to do art for other comics that are going on hiatus, or have unexpected delays/breaks. In any comics I read in the past, when they put up art from other people, I always checked out the link to see what other kind of stuff they did. It helped me find some really cool comics. :)
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > How many people read your webcomic?
Pages: [1] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [32]