Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - It Hits The Fan RP Comic Jam

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > It Hits The Fan RP Comic Jam
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [22]

"It Hits The Fan RP Comic Jam", 13th Dec 2013, 1:48 AM #1
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

Registration date: 9th Nov 2010
I am obsessed with Play by Post games and have not been motivated to draw much of late. To combat this I would like to pit these two things against each other by relaunching my failed forum game "It Hits The Fan" as a survival roleplaying game comic jam.

HERE'S How it Works
1. Everyone joining the game picks a character that they will play as (draw into panels and write dialog/thought balloons for).
This time the characters will be characters from your comics here on Comic Fury or in the public domain.
The character does not need to start with any sort of powers or be good at combat. We're not using formal character sheets anyway just a basic run down of the character what motivates the character, hobbies, special abilities.

2. I post a comic page with missing panels

3. Players add panels to the drawing of how their characters react (or in the case of the first page what they do when not reacting). The more consistent the actions seem to the character will determine what kind of out come it creates. If you are playing an eight year old and try to disarm a bomb the following panel will probably be of the kid and bomb exploding. However you can use 'proofs' to boost a positive outcome. If the kid thinks "my brother on the bomb squad showed me what to do" and a foot note to the page the comic can be read proving that she was indeed taught that or even just that her brother is on the bomb squad...that bomb is much less likely to go kablooey. (Public domain characters comics can be found all over the web on various archives )

4. Repeat step 2-3 until remaining players have resolved the current disaster

5. I introduce a new disaster. Players can stay on or new players may join.

Plot A
1 Alicia as Jeriah
2 Shastab24 as TBA
3 xianyu118 as Necromancer
4 Barreyto as Ice

Plot B
5 Ten Penny
6 Sivrus
7 Kyte114 as Kyte
8 JohnnyV

Future Participants
9 zanreo
10 Themario360
13th Dec 2013, 2:29 AM #2
Alicia

Registration date: 4th Aug 2009
This sounds fun and challenging. I did something similar to this in college with my roommates and their comic characters once and it was a blast.

In other words, I'd love to be part of it! The character I'd like to use from my comic is Jeriah. I hope I'm doing this right... >_>;
13th Dec 2013, 2:54 AM #3
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
I'm used to story RPs, but this sounds very fun. I'd love to sign up. Do I need to specify a character just now, or only when I draw the first panel I draw?
13th Dec 2013, 4:18 AM #4
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

Alicia: The character I'd like to use from my comic is Jeriah. I hope I'm doing this right... >_>;

Works for me

Shastab24: I'm used to story RPs, but this sounds very fun. I'd love to sign up. Do I need to specify a character just now, or only when I draw the first panel I draw?

As long as you have characters of your own to use (which you seem to do). The only reason I specified characters first is because I was worried someone might try to use Captain Marvel. Technically public domain but I'd rather avoid the potential hassle.
13th Dec 2013, 4:34 AM #5
xianyu118
Couldn't handle the stink after all
Registration date: 6th Aug 2012
I want in on this. I'll use Argus Xu from Project Girard, although I haven't really updated it yet.
13th Dec 2013, 8:39 AM #6
Barreytor

Registration date: 6th Jun 2011
What's with everyone and RPs lately?
#72:There's almost no RPs, so stop whining you moron. And the chance of trying to disarm a bomb by stabbing does sound kind of interesting...
Don't say more. Sign up #72.

EDIT:
#72:I thought about it. I would really like to go but... *sigh* I'm already in an RP and I have other things to see to. What about Ice? I'm sure she'd like to have some fun too.

Nevermind, strike #72 out and sign Ice in instead.
13th Dec 2013, 1:52 PM #7
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

Xianyu: I'm not seeing any updates. just words. Did you at least use him in the comic battle threads or anything?

Barreytor: Lately? This is a revamp of something I started two years ago and I just finished 300 pages of RP comic. Lately... also does that mean you're joining or just heckling? (either/both fine)
13th Dec 2013, 3:19 PM #8
Vivocateur
formerly Ten Penny Officer
Registration date: 25th Oct 2012
This sounds really fun.
When does it start?
(At the moment I'm very busy and can't participate but I will have free time soon.)
13th Dec 2013, 3:29 PM #9
xianyu118
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf:Xianyu: I'm not seeing any updates. just words. Did you at least use him in the comic battle threads or anything?

Uh, no, but I already have the character written out...
If I can't use him can I change it to The Necromancer (the green-skinned girl in this instead?
13th Dec 2013, 4:32 PM #10
Barreytor

Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf:Barreytor: Lately? This is a revamp of something I started two years ago and I just finished 300 pages of RP comic. Lately... also does that mean you're joining or just heckling? (either/both fine)

I meant that there are now a few active RPs on the forum. Either way, sign me up with Ice; she's barely appeared anywhere and I'm sure she'd enjoy having some fun.
13th Dec 2013, 5:18 PM #11
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

Ten Penny Officer:This sounds really fun.
When does it start?
(At the moment I'm very busy and can't participate but I will have free time soon.)

I'm going to put up the first page as soon as we have six people. I can bring in more people pretty much at any point, depending on how the story goes. Hopefully it won't be too much of a time commitment because we'll be sharing the load more than something like the comic battles.

EDIT: If we don't have six people by Monday I will start with however many I have. (currently four which is enough)
16th Dec 2013, 2:09 PM #12
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

Let's get this thing going. I need my first four cartoonist to each pick an empty panel where your character responds to being on a modern subway train. I came up with the scenerio before I knew what characters I was getting so their reaction will probably be different than I expected when I created it.

16th Dec 2013, 2:11 PM #13
xianyu118
I'll take the fourth one.
16th Dec 2013, 2:16 PM #14
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

xianyu118:I'll take the fourth one.

excellent. thanks for letting everyone know and saving me from editing my post to tell everyone to do that.
16th Dec 2013, 3:05 PM #15
Alicia

I can take panel two!
16th Dec 2013, 4:00 PM #16
Barreytor

Sixth! I-I mean nine! Uhm... Three? Okay! Three is available, I'm taking it!
16th Dec 2013, 4:54 PM #17
Text
formerly Seeen
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
Meta-Meta: Frank
Schemes often, is somewhat sarcastic and has meta awareness of his surroundings- a comic page.

Either him or Prof. Dr. Samuel.
(for future signups)

16th Dec 2013, 5:28 PM #18
Alicia

...Is it okay to start drawing the panel of my character then? >_>; (Can you tell I have no life?)
16th Dec 2013, 6:03 PM #19
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

yes if you claimed a panel before anyone else you can start drawing it. I suggest doing it in a layer that you can seperate so we don't have any problems getting everyone's contribution in one page (on other pages we'll take turns but in this one it shouldn't matter who does what when)
16th Dec 2013, 6:10 PM #20
Nicholas Ivan Ladendorf

Sivrus:Meta-Meta: Frank
Schemes often, is somewhat sarcastic and has meta awareness of his surroundings- a comic page.

Either him or Prof. Dr. Samuel.
(for future signups)

I got to run but will add you when I get back
Forum > Forum games > It Hits The Fan RP Comic Jam
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [22]