Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Easter fan art exchange

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects > Easter fan art exchange
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [12]

"Easter fan art exchange", 18th Jan 2014, 2:33 AM #1
shastab24

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
Hey, let's get this going. People wanted another one, so let's go. This time, it's that other Christian/Pagan holiday that's been co-opted by corporations: Easter! As before, post with the comic you want people to do fan art for. For every comic you enter into it, you are saying you'll do that many pieces of fan art, with the exceptions of comics that are continuation pieces (for instance, The Devon Legacy Prologue and main comic are all the same story--they're one comic technically). New to my end of the exchanges: you also don't have to ask for art for your comic if you don't want to (like if you don't have a comic). Your avatar is a popular substitution, but it's really what you want to see drawn.

Don't fret if you can't draw. While I prefer to see people at least attempt to do art, they can do what works best for them (writing, for instance).

Remember: you need to specify if you don't want to read a certain rating of a comic (otherwise, I'll assume you can read up through A ratings). Also, give the rating of your comic, even if it's only approximate, for the same reasoning.

Also, no drawing should be A-rated, even for an A-rated comic. I plan to put these up in a comic of their own like the Secret Santa stuff was.

I'm thinking the deadline to sign up should be February 18th, so we have a month to sign up and about that time to read the comics before Easter (and do try to read the comic assigned--the fan art will be all the richer if you know the comic's full story).

Now, I do have a good question as far as this goes: should this be a Secret Bunny (need a better term) or an exchange where everyone knows who is doing what? I'd love to hear what people think about this.

As this post becomes gigantic, I'll close with my entries (all rated about PG-13, and I'll read any rating comic):

Karabear Comics Unlimited
Wonder Team
Supertrans

Yes, this means I'll be doing three pieces of fan art. Now, to see who else wants to sign up...

EDIT: The comic's site is here.
18th Jan 2014, 2:48 AM #2
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
Me me me!!

I vote for a secret bunny exchange. I also vote that no one is allowed to show off their art until Easter, just for fun. :)

EDIT: Here is my comic: Breath of Life

The rating is pg-13 or T+, because there will *eventually* be bad language, violence and mature themes. But not for a while, because I'm still introducing everyone. :)
18th Jan 2014, 2:51 AM #3
Matt Knab

Registration date: 4th Oct 2013
Sure, I'm in. Secret or picks, either way works for me.
I'll do two. And mine are:
Felora
Twilight Trust
18th Jan 2014, 2:57 AM #4
xianyu118
Couldn't handle the stink after all
Registration date: 6th Aug 2012
Two pieces this time round. Let's say....
Mixer and Bad Vibes.
Both of them should be rather short at the moment, and of a PG-13 rating, with some occasional verbal abuse on the part of Bad Vibes.
Also, I cannot read through A-rated comics.

18th Jan 2014, 3:27 AM #5
Lightfoot

Registration date: 25th Mar 2010
Okay. I didn't have the option of doing this the other times, so..

Pulse (about PG-13)

18th Jan 2014, 3:32 AM #6
Alicia

Registration date: 4th Aug 2009
I'd love to be part of this! The comic I would like fan art for is Silver. It has some R-rated parts for violence/gore. This was a lot of fun the first time and I look forward to doing it once again! :)

...Also I feel like an idiot for asking, but what is an "A-rated comic"? >_>;
18th Jan 2014, 3:45 AM #7
CrackaWindow

Registration date: 18th Jan 2012
Alicia:I'd love to be part of this! The comic I would like fan art for is Silver. It has some R-rated parts for violence/gore. This was a lot of fun the first time and I look forward to doing it once again! :)

...Also I feel like an idiot for asking, but what is an "A-rated comic"? >_>;

A for Adult, I assume. Anything NSFW, I think?

Anyways, I'd like to enter this, but I don't think my new comic has enough content yet, as it's only 5 pages long currently. When is the cut-off date?
18th Jan 2014, 3:52 AM #8
Zeph

Registration date: 1st Aug 2011
I'll enter it.
18th Jan 2014, 4:07 AM #9
Rinkel
cat face
Registration date: 24th May 2012
What the hell, I'll do this too.

My comic is Xenobiosis, link is in my sig~
18th Jan 2014, 4:29 AM #10
Spotty001

Registration date: 13th Sep 2011
Definitely count me in as well! ^^

Any fan art for my comic, The Battalion (PG-13/T+ for some blood, violence and language) (link in sig), or (for randomness' sake) anything to do with my deviantArt horses
18th Jan 2014, 10:42 PM #11
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
CrackaWindow, the cutoff date to sign up is a month from now (February 18th). It doesn't matter how long your comic is, and you can ask for any other bit of art if you don't feel your comic is adequate (like I mentioned, a popular alternative to people doing art of their comic is for people to do their avatar).

Now, I realize my calculations were off and actually, that'll give us two months to read the comics and do the art. That's a good amount of time (maybe needed for my gigantic comics--possibly for others, too).

A-rated comics are equivalent to NC-17 rated movies, but saying so is very US-centric, isn't it (despite me mentioning my comics are PG-13 which us in that same rating system)? An interesting factoid for the rating systems, for those who care, this is how I break down the MPAA and "video game" ratings in relation to each other (I think this is about accurate):

G - E - all audiences
PG - T - most audiences, though might not be for people too young
PG-13 - T+ - appropriate for teenagers and above, possibly inappropriate for lower
R - M - generally not appropriate for younger teens and below
NC-17 - A - for adult audiences only

Anyways, aside from that, I wanted to say about the nature of the exchange, and I think I'll just go ahead and make it a Secret Bunny. This is primarily because of when switching goes on--rather than hurt the feelings of somebody because somebody didn't want to do art for their comic (which is evident when somebody other than initially assigned does the art), the trading can be more covert. It would mean more work for me, but it would likely be a more enjoyable experience.

Also, yes, the deadline for the art would be Easter. I'll put up a comic and post the art then. Please refrain from putting art in this thread in the interim (I know, it'll be a bit of a wait if you finish early, but sometimes that happens). This includes any extra art done, so people know. I can post that up on Easter, too. I know some people really get into it and do the extra, and I hope to find some (and I hope to see if I can do some).

Long posts seem to be my thing right now, don't they?
18th Jan 2014, 11:35 PM #12
Chetan
formerly Aeden
Registration date: 16th Dec 2009
I'd like to enter. With both Mint Chocolate Ice Cream and Marked. Neither of which are a higher rating than PG-13, Mint Choc probably even milder. And I'd prefer to not read any comics that are NSFW especially if that's got to do with sexiness.

...i would add Ghost Frequency in there too but it's not up yet and won't be for a while. Would it be possible to add my charahub in the mix as well for another slot?
"me", 18th Jan 2014, 11:42 PM #13
jenffer
Some of us are born lucky
Registration date: 10th Jan 2010
me too
19th Jan 2014, 12:32 AM #14
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
CrackaWindow:Anyways, I'd like to enter this, but I don't think my new comic has enough content yet, as it's only 5 pages long currently. When is the cut-off date?

Shastab24 ninja'd me on this, but you should totally participate. Even with only 5 pages, you've already established several characters (and your main character, who seems awesome, lol). Do it do it!
19th Jan 2014, 12:34 AM #15
CrackaWindow

Registration date: 18th Jan 2012
Alright, I'll go ahead and enter with Amelia 'n Aux. Here is an image of them together.

I suppose the rating would be PG. No heavy violence, no nudity, but some slightly harsh language at times.
19th Jan 2014, 12:51 AM #16
TheD-Wrek

Registration date: 2nd Sep 2013
Sounds like fun. Count me in. Bunny girls (or dudes) for all! Link is in my sig.

My comic ranges anywhere from PG-13 to R depending what the chapter is about. I'm only entering one comic but would like to do plenty more. Is there a way to do that? :)

Also, I'll draw any rating. It's all good. :)
19th Jan 2014, 1:38 AM #17
VanEzzania

Registration date: 27th Mar 2013
I'll do it too. I'll submit Demon Witch - Prototype -. I'll do a comic of any rating.
19th Jan 2014, 4:02 AM #18
Rinkel
cat face
Registration date: 24th May 2012
Oh gosh, I nearly forgot. MY comic has a PG-13 (or TV-14 or whatever) rating. There's violence and implied nudity but nothing really shows.
19th Jan 2014, 4:08 AM #19
JohnnyV
Rare usertitle
Registration date: 15th Jun 2013
Yay! Count me in! I want to submit CurseQuest and Sci-Star! (Links in my signature) This sounds like lots of fun!
19th Jan 2014, 5:55 AM #20
HapyCow
Neat-o bandito
Registration date: 18th Nov 2013
Yeah count me in for sure. I really wanted to do the secret santa but I was too late. :) My comic is here. It's called Abby Normal and it's rated...PG I guess. *shrug*