Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Light comic/ Novel what the Heck???

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Light comic/ Novel what the Heck???
Pages: [1]

"Light comic/ Novel what the Heck???", 11th Feb 2014, 1:41 AM #1
AixenPixel

Registration date: 30th Jan 2014
Okay, So i am an awesome artist but a lazy one i must say.

paneling scares me but i dont wanna just give up on comics
so i said to myself maybe i should do it like a light novel
however with ALOT more pictures kinda like a picture book
but more SERIOUS

however again my fear is what if people here dont read it because it has some text spots i mean a whole page might be just text (but rarely will not be just text i mean it is a comic hybrid ish sorta thing)

so give me some advice or link some examples of this so i may be inspired
thanks all my furious artist frieends!!
11th Feb 2014, 2:02 AM #2
Nama
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏
Registration date: 15th Nov 2012
*flops into room and begins to spasm on floor*
*hops up and grabs Pixel by shoulders then shakes her rapidly*

YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!!

*Falls on back and spider crawls out of room*
*re-enters room casually*

Hello, now what about paneling scares you exactly? We'll start from that.

edit:

I've had a look at your comic and think that what you mean is that the speech bubbles get too small and force you to squash and stretch your dialog am I right?

If so, Try making the page larger (but not too large) and make less panels per page. Add the dialog before you do the image but make sure you don't cover the panel. The speech bubbles could stand to have thiner outlines aswell.

My trash twitter
-----------------ComicFury's-----------------
Wiki - Notice Board - FAQ - Forum Rules
11th Feb 2014, 2:32 AM #3
AixenPixel

Nama:*flops into room and begins to spasm on floor*
*hops up and grabs Pixel by shoulders then shakes her rapidly*

YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!!

*Falls on back and spider crawls out of room*
*re-enters room casually*

Hello, now what about paneling scares you exactly? We'll start from that.

edit:

I've had a look at your comic and think that what you mean is that the speech bubbles get too small and force you to squash and stretch your dialog am I right?

If so, Try making the page larger (but not too large) and make less panels per page. Add the dialog before you do the image but make sure you don't cover the panel. The speech bubbles could stand to have thiner outlines aswell.

But I feel like I might have boring paneling or redundant layouts...
11th Feb 2014, 3:23 AM #4
Nama
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏
Registration date: 15th Nov 2012
Boring? Why there is no such thing when it comes to paneling. All those snazzy, over the top, strange shaped, tetracontakaidigon, panels are for action mangas. From what I can tell your comic isn't about punching the other guy's lights out. ;D You're making what seems to be a comedic comic, and quite funny so far if I do say so myself, that requires no snazzyness or out of this world paneling. All you need is the right space, the right size, and the right idea on how to express each scene.

Friendly forum hint: if a post you are responding to is directly above, there is no need for the quote button
(Jesus, i sound like Matt)

My trash twitter
-----------------ComicFury's-----------------
Wiki - Notice Board - FAQ - Forum Rules
11th Feb 2014, 3:41 AM #5
AixenPixel

Ooooh thanks you motivated me i wont give up
11th Feb 2014, 4:03 AM #6
view

Registration date: 8th May 2011
Boring layouts are best in nearly every situation, because panels are intended to be easy to read. The variation in size should mostly happen because you want to make a moment feel longer (bigger panel) or shorter (smaller panel) or punchier (bigger gutters).
11th Feb 2014, 1:25 PM #7
ilayas

Registration date: 27th Jun 2013
I had no idea how to do paneling so I decided to go with a comic strip format. It makes writing for and conceptualizing comics much easier. If I want to switch to full comic pages latter on I can if I want to.

My composition in the panels were rather boring or just plain bad to start out but that's to be expected because I didn't know what I was doing. After I got a better feel for how things work I was able to make better comics. It's just like anything else only way you are going to get better is by practice. If you let the fear of failure rule you'll never push your self to be better. If you do fail learn from it and do better next time.
12th Feb 2014, 2:38 PM #8
Kenn

Registration date: 17th Jan 2014
I would've struggled a lot more in getting started if it wasn't for this link ;)

I hope this helps, it certainly helped me when I was worried about sorting out a master PDF for my comics to easily sort out panels on a page.