Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Doing comic is easy and animation is stupid...ever had people said that to you?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Doing comic is easy and animation is stupid...ever had people said that to you?
Pages: [1] [2]

22nd Mar 2014, 10:56 PM #21
babau

Registration date: 4th Apr 2013
oh man,and i thought only a few got this issue...looks like even people from where the comic came from suffered the same 'plague'...

and to think that novelist could get popular with just 'words' in their work how come a comic which need words and illustrations got shunned...

its a pretty twisted...human mind that is
22nd Mar 2014, 11:07 PM #22
malamute.pup
how about this one?
Registration date: 17th Sep 2011
babau:i guess they cant say that if Masashi Kishimoto is in front of them...dude made some over-decent profit with "Naruto"...

Masashi Kishimoto was a bad student, just like Naruto, and has talked about how his own family told him his early work sucked and wasn't funny when he showed it to them. We truly are a brotherhood, a secret society, let's make up a handshake and some rituals.

Because this is fun.

Art is fun.

And comics are some of the funnest fucking art around.

Which is funny because that's what makes it worth it for me. Most things I want to do, like excel in every other area of my life, are difficult and they are not as fun. But don't tell them about this! Let's make them believe that it's easy and boring and shit.

22nd Mar 2014, 11:19 PM #23
Kupocake

Registration date: 14th Mar 2012
OH OH some highlights from my life:

- "Animator? So you work at Disneyland?"
- "But you're so smart! Why do you want to make cartoons?"
- "Aren't you a little too old to still be drawing comics?"

People who make gross generalizations like that are generally the kind of people I'd rather not be hanging out with. And for the most part, I've cut most of the people who say crap like that out of my life. Never been happier.
Updates Tuesdays!
23rd Mar 2014, 12:19 PM #24
babau

arent you a little too old to make comics?

well...ummm...aaaaa....try talk to Stan Lee...i hope he can still punch your face if you tell him beforehand that you're a fan of his work.

same like making games i guess...some douche talk to you and said "you're like a kid.go find some decent job rather than making videogames"

-ummmm...hello..? COD..?..Dota 2?...that game you bastards always sit in front of your tv like a real no-life man playing?..what?..kids?...well i guess kids could use the fuck,bastard,bitch,slut,whore words that's in the game i guess..of course! because videogames is for kids!! so is hentai and adult comics!!
23rd Mar 2014, 1:53 PM #25
the rouge humingbird

Registration date: 4th Dec 2013
The problem is that animation, and visual story telling are given no respect once so ever. They are taken for granted, and no one seems to realize how boring their lives would be without these things in there lives. Try watching your super hero movies without the special effects, guess what that is animation. we look at these things and say well that is just for kids so we do not need to give it any credit. The Oscar nominee for best animated feature was voted on without any of the judges actually watching the film. they said well these are for kids so it dose not mater. that makes it seem like the winner (frozen) won by default. witch is a shame. people spent a lot of time, effort, and probably tears making those films and the judges did not even bother watching them. If a kid says that they want to be an artist most times they are shot down, and told there is no money in that filed, will maybe there would be if you gave it the respect it deserves.
24th Mar 2014, 6:09 PM #26
dougwarner59

Registration date: 13th Jan 2012
I think my biggest problem with people looking down on my( ahem...amazing work.) Is that I let what they say actually bother me. Let's face facts:
fact 1: artist are better looking than...gag!...regular people.
fact 2: artist are all around smarter/ better people than regular folks.
fact 3: artist are better lovers than the regulars(or REGS as us fellow artist like to call them...am I right?)

Lowly regular people know this. They have to put us special people down to make their life's have some shred of meaning. I feel sorry that they have not converted over to the side of enlightenment and are still trapped in a life of never ending despaired and torment. poor-poor pathetic REgies.

Note: I am actually hoping someone takes this post seriously, even though I can't see how anyone could.
24th Mar 2014, 9:44 PM #27
FlapjackStudios

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2013
Well yeah it gets implied a lot that if you go into such a field that work won't come easy. Maybe they worry about our possible financial troubles then? I dunno. Haha but drawing comics is something I'd never want to unlearn. Also if all anyone wanted was to earn $$$ we'd probably just be doctors and lawyers.
24th Mar 2014, 10:16 PM #28
Stu

Registration date: 26th Oct 2011
Fortunately for me, i don't know anyone stupid enough to say such thing. But i heard lots of people saying that digital art can make anyone an artist since the software makes all the work for you. Which is equally stupid
24th Mar 2014, 10:39 PM #29
babau

@ Stu

you are the fortunate one my friend...and about artist being good looking...i dont know,am i good looking enough haha(after reading that post i looked myself in the mirror) and damn i think i look like Dwayne "the rock" johnson WAKAKAKAKA!!.

anyhows i do agree that making comics can truly make people smarter,just look at us researching just for the sake of our comics and then after we found what we want we kinda "oooohhhh"..suddenly we leveled up!!

making comic is not stupid..its SMART!!
24th Mar 2014, 10:51 PM #30
the rouge humingbird

Registration date: 4th Dec 2013
going into art because you think it will be easy and stress free is stupid. getting into it because you are passionate about it is not stupid
24th Mar 2014, 11:27 PM #31
babau

the rouge humingbird:going into art because you think it will be easy and stress free is stupid. getting into it because you are passionate about it is not stupid

THIS IS WHAT MY CLASS NEED!! THIS!! IS A POWERFUL QUOTE!! THIS IS SOMETHING I TOLD THEM SOOOO MANY TIMES!!!
24th Mar 2014, 11:58 PM #32
dougwarner59

People...I think we are all missing the point here.

We did not go into art because we wanted people to think of as being smart or hardworking, we went into to art to get praise about something few people could do mainly to help boost our fragile ego's. Now that's a beautiful thing! And I don't think that we should allow it to be ruined by those stupid people who are...uh...stupid, lazy or other things we definitely are not.
27th Mar 2014, 4:10 PM #33
Mister W

Registration date: 1st May 2013
Same type of people think playing the drums is easy until they sit behind a kit.
28th Mar 2014, 1:57 AM #34
dougwarner59

Mister W:Same type of people think playing the drums is easy until they sit behind a kit.

It does look easy, but that's because the person doing it makes it look that way.

I think before someone says something is easy they should at least find out if it actually is.
28th Mar 2014, 4:12 AM #35
cachway

Registration date: 28th Mar 2012
Let's face it. Nearly everything seems easy until you actually start doing it. No matter what you do people will always think that it is easy until they try doing it themselves. After you work hard at it for quite a while yes, it does become easier until you get to the point where it is like riding a bicycle, but you gotta keep in mind that the first few times you sat on a bicycle you fell right over and once you finally did get your balance you crash into a tree.

For many years now I've fumed with anger upon hearing remarks of how easy it is to drum. "All you have to do is hit the drum. It's like tapping your fingers." I just want to come back with a smart remark about diddles or sticking or maybe even flams, but I know that the remark I'd receive would be, "What the hell are you talking about; you just hit the drum." It just annoys the crap out of me. Idiots thinking they can play the drums with their eyes closed. They probably don't even know the names of the drums/cymbals.

I have heard statements about how making games should not be the profession of a grown adult, but that brings up a big question. Who the crap is going to make Call of Duty: Ghosts 2? Kids? That's going to be a fun game. Personally I think that a grown adult shouldn't take a sick day and skip work so that they can play Call of Duty all night and day long. If you left game development up to kids, then you'd have a sheet of paper and a pen playing Hangman or Tic-Tac-Toe.

So basically what I'm saying is you shouldn't make uneducated, harmful remarks about stuff. Give it a shot first, because chances are that it is actually very hard. Even fishing is hard. You wouldn't think so by watching somebody catch a fish, but it is very hard to do even if you are on a large ship with a huge net it is still very hard. Not speaking from experience--I've never fished--, but rather from an educated point of view. That's all.
28th Mar 2014, 4:25 AM #36
LauraEss

Registration date: 27th Feb 2011
Mangaka 2170:Someone once told me her 5-year-old kid could draw the stuff I could.

No, this wasn't when I was five.
Disd you ask them for the 5 year old's name and address? So easy to say, isn't it.

In some ways I tend to agree. Drawing comics is easy. Drawing comics the way you want them, or that look good, isn't. Doing decent animation is likewise hard.
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Doing comic is easy and animation is stupid...ever had people said that to you?
Pages: [1] [2]