Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - How Would Your Characters React? (New Scenario Every Day!)

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > How Would Your Characters React? (New Scenario Every Day!)
Pages: [1] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [63]

13th Sep 2014, 10:45 PM #981
Confettirainbowpony

Registration date: 17th Aug 2014
If your characters were born the opposite gender what would they look like? Would this affect the way they behave?

Weslina's life would probably be a lot more subdued since she wouldn't be so involved in all that airship business, but she'd still retain her air of cynical snobbery required as a member of British aristocracy, and I imagine O'Malley-ina would probably end up like a governess or something. With a huge rack.
14th Sep 2014, 12:09 AM #982
HeSerpenty

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012
Ok finished the rest! But I put Hizruk n Merek in here too just to illustrate the point XD

Ok already talked about Merek n Hizruk so here's everyone else

14th Sep 2014, 12:23 AM #983
Breck

Registration date: 29th Sep 2009
This was pretty fun.

I've no idea how they'd actually turn out, but I'll assume the world conspires such that they turn out the same.
14th Sep 2014, 12:28 AM #984
Alicia

Registration date: 4th Aug 2009
OMG to all of you with the WONDERFUL, LOL-FUL pictures--

...I love you.

I love you all so much.
14th Sep 2014, 1:00 AM #985
Nonsensicales

Registration date: 14th Jan 2014
I have no idea how to answer this one. The wording feels so iffy...So I'm just going to assume by 'gender' you mean 'sex'.

Moving on to the actual question, the characters in Advent don't exactly have a predetermined sex. Some of them may have more masculine or feminine traits, but this is not determined by a set of chromosomes. They simply use 'he' or 'she' (or, for example in Glace's case, 'they') depending on how the character identifies. For example, Nexus has more masculine traits and identifies as male. Meanwhile, Vien has slightly more feminine traits, yet also identifies as male.

However, just for the sake of argument, let's say their physical traits were swapped to be the opposite. Due to Advent's society not relying on gender roles, their attitudes and behaviors would remain largely unchanged. Due to the lack of genitalia and the stigmas that coincide, none of them would really feel any discomfort. Likewise, if by 'gender' you meant 'sex and gender', their behaviors would still be, for the most part, the same, again due to lack of gender roles.

Abridged: Sex does not exist in Advent, and gender identity is the only indication of which pronouns to use.
14th Sep 2014, 1:01 AM #986
Seabiscuit
mattress of pork aspiration
Alicia:
If your characters were born the opposite gender what would they look like? Would this affect the way they behave?

HAAAAAHHHHHH

Yeah I knew this question would pop up sooner or later! Too good to pass up! Just had to do some quick doodles~

14th Sep 2014, 1:10 AM #987
bejjinks

Registration date: 25th Jul 2014
seabiscuit:I couldn't come up with any good names for Felix or Benjamin.

Ben becomes Beth. Felix becomes Felicia.
14th Sep 2014, 1:10 AM #988
zartala

Registration date: 26th Sep 2011
Alicia:If your characters were born the opposite gender what would they look like? Would this affect the way they behave?

What would change the most with the characters would be the outward ways that their personality manifests more so than anything else.

14th Sep 2014, 1:11 AM #989
Seabiscuit
mattress of pork aspiration
bejjinks:Ben becomes Beth. Felix becomes Felicia.

HEH! Those work.:)
14th Sep 2014, 1:15 AM #990
VulturesUnderTheMoon
gently invisible rockstar
Registration date: 19th May 2014
Serpy omg!!!! i will be drawing tomorrow!
My faves are Kaya, Dagarina, Kelly, Meren, Serpy(funny how the name stayed the same), Kyle, and Glen. Ok who am i kidding i named all of them. I love all of them.
14th Sep 2014, 1:21 AM #991
HeSerpenty

VulturesUnderTheMoon: I love all of them.

Well, you know what? I love YOU!! XDDD ;D
(and btw thank you I'm so glad! :D :D)

Hehehe this thread is too much fun I love seeing all of these pictures! Lots of LOL's to be had today!

14th Sep 2014, 2:08 AM #992
VulturesUnderTheMoon
gently invisible rockstar
Registration date: 19th May 2014
HeSerpenty:Well, you know what? I love YOU!! XDDD ;D
(and btw thank you I'm so glad! :D :D)

Hehehe this thread is too much fun I love seeing all of these pictures! Lots of LOL's to be had today!

You love me.......(nose bleed) XD
14th Sep 2014, 4:04 AM #993
ProfEtheric
Dry Soil
Registration date: 17th Aug 2014
This has been an interesting experiment, and I've loved all the responses so far. I'm going to apologize in advance for the crappy quality of my picture, because I was kind of in a hurry, but wanted to get the general designs down.

As for the "how they behave" part.

Marius Lebeau (Marie-Ange) is still a party guy, and still chips in for charity, but gets involved in a more physical way.

Andrea Chapel (Andrew) is a bad, bad girl. Not a lot changes, except maybe
in this version.

Dr. Jane Deacon (James) is still the foremost scientist in the world, though I could perhaps see more of an emphasis on biology...

Felix Kingsley (Felicia) is still an investigative reporter trying to get to the truth of what's going on. Not a lot changes, except that maybe

Falco Knight (Falchionne, and yes, Falco is kind of a doofy name) is maybe just a bit more punked-out, and maybe a bit more violent.

Carissa Lake (Carter) has had to work twice as hard to get cred as a mercenary. She's a little more "on task" than her male counterpart. She still tries to hit on her teammates at times, though.

Aleister North (Althea) goes from being a femme-fatale to being a rake, with all those entail.

Elizabeth Chapel (Edward) also had to work hard to gain respect as the owner of a multinational corporation. Once she did, however, she became far more dangerous, as she is not afraid to use her gender to her advantage.

Lt. Jacqueline Bishop (Jack) is more of a mama bear as concerns her team. She's still all business, but has a tiny softer side.

Special Agent Thomasina "Tommi" Johnson (Thomas) is a little more outgoing, again not afraid to play up her gender to get people to underestimate her.

And now, the (albeit a little dodgy) visuals (as always, you can check out my comic for the originals [/shameless plug])

Again, I'm tempted to make some of these a reality at some point... a magical or mad science mishap or, more likely, an alternate dimension, perhaps?
14th Sep 2014, 4:20 AM #994
Calisa
formerly kara/merlinnia
Registration date: 18th Dec 2012
Guy version Cerya and girl version Zarra. :3

14th Sep 2014, 4:26 AM #995
Alicia

Maximum levels of awesomeness achieved you guys! <3

Well done. :)
14th Sep 2014, 5:19 AM #996
HeSerpenty

Oops one more. It was brought to my attention that Barron really should not exist without Ryder! They're like.... the "Miguel and Tulio" of Serpents of Old XDD. But he got here a little late to the genderswap party XD

So Ryder.. or "Riley" is just as man-crazy as Ryder is WOMAN crazy XD. That makes for an awkward situation for male Barron wouldn't you say? XDD

14th Sep 2014, 5:32 AM #997
Alicia

HeSerpenty:Oops one more. It was brought to my attention that Barron really should not exist without Ryder! They're like.... the "Miguel and Tulio" of Serpents of Old XDD. But he got here a little late to the genderswap party XD

So Ryder.. or "Riley" is just as man-crazy as Ryder is WOMAN crazy XD. That makes for an awkward situation for male Barron wouldn't you say? XDD

So many wonderful things have happened today. This was one of those wonderful things! <3

Thank you so much, HeSerpenty! Ryder's one sexeh gal! I may have designed Ryder and gave him a little shove in yer direction, but this character is all yours, Girl! You use him however you want! (Yes, I know that sounds bad. >_>;) But seriously, if you wanted to put him in any mini comics or answer any of these questions with Ryder, PLEASE DO! I'd love to see it and yeah, I kinda feel like Ryder and Barron are the dynamic duo and shouldn't be separated. :'D

If you considered Ryder to be one of the gang and treat that character like one of your own... it would be a very happy day for me ohmygoshyouhavenoidea. :'D (Sorry to get all emotional on ya. I seriously love yer comic, but you already knew that. XD)
14th Sep 2014, 6:01 AM #998
HeSerpenty

Alicia:So many wonderful things have happened today. This was one of those wonderful things! <3

Thank you so much, HeSerpenty! Ryder's one sexeh gal! I may have designed Ryder and gave him a little shove in yer direction, but this character is all yours, Girl! You use him however you want! (Yes, I know that sounds bad. >_>;) But seriously, if you wanted to put him in any mini comics or answer any of these questions with Ryder, PLEASE DO! I'd love to see it and yeah, I kinda feel like Ryder and Barron are the dynamic duo and shouldn't be separated. :'D

If you considered Ryder to be one of the gang and treat that character like one of your own... it would be a very happy day for me ohmygoshyouhavenoidea. :'D (Sorry to get all emotional on ya. I seriously love yer comic, but you already knew that. XD)

Consider it DONE! Hehehe cuz I think he'd have some preetty hilarious moments to add all up in this thread!
I THANK you for creating THE perfect character for the hole I needed to fill! It all just comes so natural *sobs*--- I really feel as though I created him <3.

14th Sep 2014, 11:02 AM #999
rufiangel
๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿฆ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ
Registration date: 11th Jan 2013
I really love all these gender benders. XD; HeSerpenty, you made me laugh a TON with those!! It was interesting reading everyone's character changes and stuff too!

I like all of these so much so I've decided to throw some of my own into the mix~

Honestly, it felt a lot like I was creating completely new characters. O_o;; The dynamics would just be so different... well, sort of.

Thank you Alicia for throwing this one out, it was mega fun to do! XD; Okay, back to work. *slinks back to work on next strip*
14th Sep 2014, 3:45 PM #1000
Alicia

Guys, yesterday's results were SUPER AMAZING! I love them all so much! ^.^

Also, this is the 1000th post in this thread! WOO! Thank you guys all for making this thing work out! I'm really glad people are inspired to do this! :'D Today's question is this:

Your character has found themselves somehow becoming incredibly drunk. How do they act and does anything interesting happen before they sober up?

Ha ha, I hope you all have as much fun with this one as I did. :)

Jeriah loses his basic motor skills. He has a tendency to trip often and get lost or forget where he was going. He retains his serious demeanor, but also ends up telling Annabelle how he actually feels about her in even more awkward wording than he would have sober. Luckily Theodore is around to keep Jeriah from changing into a werewolf while drunk. Otherwise the night would've been much more... er... "eventful."

Annabelle becomes very giggly. She tips over in her chair occasionally, but doesn't mind so much. She is pretty happy overall, and also would end up explaining how she feels about Jeriah to EVERYONE, Jeriah included. She'd laugh often. The next morning she would be embarrassed about her confessions, but otherwise no harm would be done.

Carson has a hard time getting drunk because he has a high tolerance built up already. If he did somehow manage, he would end up becoming frisky and could easily end up in bed with a stranger before the night was through. He would wake up and have absolutely no regrets, unless he lost some money gambling while drunk. Again.

Scarlett also has a pretty high tolerance to alcohol. Once drunk, she would become flirtatious, but only with men she knew. She would still retain control over her movement, but become a little slower. She'd probably end up telling Carson some things she wished she hadn't. Maybe at some point she'd even hit on Theodore. Who knows?

Theodore would become somehow even MORE impatient as he became more drunk. He would lose control of his volume and talk loudly most of the night, mostly making demands. He would have a short temper and maybe even start a fight with someone. Of course, he would definitely lose and though that night he wouldn't necessarily feel it, the next day he would be in pain.

Takoda hardly changes at all when he becomes drunk. He remains optimistic and cheerful. He might mix up his words a bit and have to keep relying on the use of people or objects around him to keep him steady while he walks. While drunk, he might accept a dare from someone that he would regret later. But his night wouldn't be something that would leave any lasting impressions.

Can't wait to see everyone's answers on this one. XD