Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - POW! Right in the Nostalgia

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > POW! Right in the Nostalgia
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [34]

"POW! Right in the Nostalgia", 9th Sep 2014, 11:05 PM #1
MST3KFan

Registration date: 31st Aug 2014
Do you remember that obscure cartoon show from the late 80s/early 90s that was really fun to watch as a kid?

How about that video game on the original Nintendo Entertainment System that caused you so much frustration as you died so many times on it but you still kept playing it out of the simple desire to beat it?

Maybe a toy line that you loved and really wanted so hard to be able to get all the stuff that was put out for it, but your parents wouldn't buy for you?

Perhaps the comic series you once found yourself collecting every issue of, anticipating what would happen to your favorite superhero with each new issue?
Maybe even a favorite food or drink that no longer is in existence you find yourself longing for all these years later?

This is a webcomic about a group of late twentysomethings living together and focusing on these very things, reminiscing on the stuff of their childhood, as well as dealing with things presented to them in adulthood.

http://powrightinthenostalgia.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/

(taken from my notes in first comic strip) I know it's not the greatest in terms of art or anything given it's just scanned line art due to my lack of proper art programs on my computer, nor an original idea for a comic if you look around, but I just really wanted to do something really for my myself.

To convey what I'm interested in in some way whether it be thru writing or drawing, and this comic does that. I talk about stuff I, and maybe others I'd guess out there, like in terms of toys, video games, movies, comics, etc...both old and new. Whatever just happens to jump out at the time that strikes my fancy.

So if this comic gets people interested, that's great. After all, we all have to feel a bit nostalgic about things sometimes, don't we?

19th Sep 2014, 11:42 AM #2
MST3KFan

*bump*

Comic updated today with bit about Halloween.

"BUMP!", 2nd Oct 2014, 12:13 PM #3
MST3KFan

New comic up!

Right now in the middle of a story arc.

http://powrightinthenostalgia.webcomic.ws/comics/22

2nd Oct 2014, 12:51 PM #4
lirvilas
Venture Capitalist
Registration date: 24th Mar 2014
Hey look a thread about COMICS.

(Which is incidentally totally correct about Street Fighter 2. Nice.)
5th Oct 2014, 1:57 PM #5
MST3KFan

Character introduction story arc now complete with a two-part finale.

Scarlett, Part 7

Scarlett, Finale

8th Oct 2014, 1:30 PM #6
MST3KFan

More new comics!

A Simple Explanation

Big Shot #6

End of an Era

If you like what you see of my comic, subscribe! Thanks!

10th Oct 2014, 12:39 PM #7
MST3KFan

New comic up!

Being a Fan is Suffering

Hasbro recently revealed a few more new Transformers figures at New York Comic Con and one in particular is of interest in how lazy they were with it...

If you like my comic, please subscribe. Thanks!

13th Oct 2014, 4:59 PM #8
MST3KFan

New comic up for today. A bit later than I usually post, but here it is.

Stereotyping...?

As always, thanks for reading, and if you like my comic, subscribe, and maybe post some comments.

14th Oct 2014, 11:14 AM #9
Betty_Smith

Registration date: 14th Oct 2014
Hey this is really awesome. Thanks for sharing :)
14th Oct 2014, 8:24 PM #10
KentuckyFriedPopcorn

Registration date: 18th Apr 2012
This is loads of fun to read, albeit also a little weird to now be old enough to see younger people being nostalgic about stuff that was *after* my youth (Nostalgia for me = 70's). The art style is excellent, really clean and simple and well done, without a lot of Photoshop froufrou tacked on to tacky it up. I like.
15th Oct 2014, 1:53 PM #11
MST3KFan

Betty_Smith:Hey this is really awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for commenting. Glad you like it.

KentuckyFriedPopcorn:This is loads of fun to read, albeit also a little weird to now be old enough to see younger people being nostalgic about stuff that was *after* my youth (Nostalgia for me = 70's). The art style is excellent, really clean and simple and well done, without a lot of Photoshop froufrou tacked on to tacky it up. I like.

Thanks. I grew up with things from both the 80s and 90s, but what's odd is a lot of it has never left. Either they keep rebooting things (like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) over and over again, or somehow it hasn't really ever gone away (like Super Mario and Legend of Zelda games).

And thanks for the comments. If I had Photoshop, at best I'd really just try and color the comic as basically as possible. It would help further a few of the jokes maybe for people if they knew what color some of the characters hair and eyes and all that were. I could use the Paint program, but it seems to hate me.

With that though...

New comic! For anyone who is a fan of Halloween, I can imagine maybe at some point in your life you did what this comic is about.

Forgot About Her

And to quote an awesome internet reviewer/comedian on YouTube "As always, leave your comments below (or on the comic), and tickle that subscribe if you like. I love y'all like play cousins, I'm outie 5000. Chain Chomp! Yomp!"

If you know who I'm talking about, you're awesome.

17th Oct 2014, 3:40 AM #12
MST3KFan

Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Bump for new comic page!

Caramel Apples! A great treat, but no matter how much companies try to capture the flavor in something, they just never manage to do it right.

And as always, thanks for reading, and if you like my comic, subscribe, and maybe post some comments on the pages.

20th Oct 2014, 5:48 AM #13
MST3KFan

BUMP!

New comic about movies with the same titles...

The Same Name Movie Game

And as always, thanks for reading, and if you like my comic, subscribe, and maybe post some comments on the pages.

Heck, if you want to do fanart, that's awesome, too.

22nd Oct 2014, 5:43 AM #14
MST3KFan

So did you hear Wolverine of the X-Men was killed off recently in the comics? I'm sure he'll be just fine. Give him about 6 months to a year tops.

Shock Value Death

24th Oct 2014, 2:22 PM #15
MST3KFan

So what SHOULD you call the girlfriend or boyfriend of an uncle or aunt?

What Should I Call You?

24th Oct 2014, 2:37 PM #16
Unsavory

Registration date: 16th Aug 2014
This seems like a pretty cool idea. I'll check it out for sure.
25th Oct 2014, 7:08 AM #17
SecretAgentEthan

Registration date: 20th Jan 2012
LOVE the art for this, it's definitely off to a good start. This is also making me seriously considering scanning my artwork instead of using MS Paint haha
Yo sons/daughters/nonbinary folk, check out Proto Culture, the story of people with superpowers and domestic hijinx. Also, I make Pinkerton, the story of a gender neutral teenager and a talking cat. Also, check out my website, where I sometimes write things.
28th Oct 2014, 6:57 PM #18
MST3KFan

Unsavory:This seems like a pretty cool idea. I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks. The more that read, the merrier.

SecretAgentEthan:LOVE the art for this, it's definitely off to a good start. This is also making me seriously considering scanning my artwork instead of using MS Paint haha

Thanks for the compliments. I actually use MS Paint very briefly to erase any mistakes I see from scanning. Otherwise, it's sketched pages that are inked and then scanned in Greyscale.

And while we're posting here. UPDATE!

There've been updates every day this week since Sunday with a Halloween story arc that gives some character development and a little fun involving one of my favorite holidays of the year. After all, what other holiday gives you an excuse to watch a lot of horror movies, eat a lot of fall themed candy and allows you to dress up as weird as possible without causing people to raise an eyebrow?

Here's the first three parts of the story arc...

Halloween Party, Part 1 - Where's Charlotte?

Halloween Party, Part 2 - This Is My Mask

Halloween Party, Part 3 - Mean Girls

1st Nov 2014, 5:35 AM #19
MST3KFan

Here's the second half of the Halloween Party story arc to complete things!

Friends of Friends

Learn in Time

The Final Countdown

The Aftermath

5th Nov 2014, 6:19 AM #20
MST3KFan

More comic updates!

Gotta love how quickly the stores move onto to the next holiday after one is finished...

Celebrating Excitement

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures today versus the vintage toyline...

Totally Different, But The Same Too

Forum > Shameless Advertisement > POW! Right in the Nostalgia
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [34]