Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - 100 Palette Challenge

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > 100 Palette Challenge
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [16]

14th Sep 2014, 8:04 PM #121
Mimi
formerly known as Prince
Registration date: 19th Jun 2014
Quickies (actually they took all day) of Timmy (#89) and Geoffrey (#20) from SoR:
image image

Welp. That's all four of mine(!)
And 7 pictures for this overall, so far. so many colours~
I have a nasty habit of doing more of these at once. Give me a character and I'll find them a palette :D though I'll be busy next week, I still like doing these aaaaa

I'm also wondering: are we going to showcase these somewhere? Anyone had any thoughts about this? :o

twitts | tumbls
"be one with the purple" -Seeen
14th Sep 2014, 8:35 PM #122
Binyamin
bad faith
Registration date: 17th Apr 2014

Woooo! I did it!
This is Benjamin from Wastelanders Anonymous in pallete #30. This palette was great for him, because he actually has green hair and a dull blue sweatshirt! I know, that kind of defeats the purpose of this challenge, but I'm not very good with colors.
It was really fun drawing him (weird color stuff notwithstanding) considering that Seabiscuit and I have such different drawing styles.

Also, I feel a kind of kinship with Benjamin. We've got what in common. :)
15th Sep 2014, 1:14 AM #123
the rouge humingbird

Registration date: 4th Dec 2013
I took the challenge of drawing wires with pellet 18. It was a very challenging pellet, but i had fun with it.
15th Sep 2014, 1:17 AM #124
Mimi
formerly known as Prince
the rouge humingbird:Image
I took the challenge of drawing wires with pellet 18. It was a very challenging pellet, but i had fun with it.

Dang, you made better use of the palette than I did :D
I should get used to palettes like that because almost every one I picked just leads to an explosion in bright colours that can happily clash.

twitts | tumbls
15th Sep 2014, 1:22 AM #125
the rouge humingbird

Mia:Dang, you made better use of the palette than I did :D
I should get used to palettes like that because almost every one I picked just leads to an explosion in bright colours that can happily clash.

Getting out of your comfort zone every now and then is not a bad idea. I cheated tho. dark pallets are no stranger to me. haha but when i do use color it dose get pretty crazy. I need to use colorful pallets more often.
15th Sep 2014, 2:09 AM #126
Rinkel
cat face
Registration date: 24th May 2012
Nemi is my favorite character from Serpamia Flare and I've been wanting to draw her for ages now.
I also really liked palette #6 but I'm not too sure if it suits her, but she's such a bright and peppy girl I figured "What have I got to lose?"

I did use a 60% grey set to linear burn for the shadows and 60% grey set to add for the highlights, just to give it some dimension since I opted for a lineless image.
15th Sep 2014, 7:31 AM #127
rufiangel
🌺🌻🌷🌼🌹🐦🌲🌲
Registration date: 11th Jan 2013
Mia:
I'm also wondering: are we going to showcase these somewhere? Anyone had any thoughts about this? :o

I've been thinking about that, too! :) If anyone has no objections, I thought about compiling it all onto a webpage for posterity... XD; Ideas on how to do this are welcome!

Oh and Mia, your pieces are super cute!! <3 So clean as well! :O

@Deo: Well worth the wait, that looks great! :D That palette has been popular XD <3

@Alicia: THAT CHAINMAIL. THAT'S AMAZING.

@Binyamin: Glad to see you got the colours working! And nice job :) I think everyone is learning about how to get these colour palettes to work as they go, ahaha. It's all about practice!

@rouge: You really worked that palette well! It looks great :D

@Rinkel: Homggg ;___;* fanart from Rinkel! Thankyewww!! Your Nemi is SO CUTE <3 <3 <3 I think the palette itself +20s the bright and happy levels XD I love how you did her eyes and hair! *glomp* Can I purdy-please put this up on my next update? :D

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am with this thread XD <3

Here's the updated list! Hehe. Ah, I want to contribute a new one soon!!

15th Sep 2014, 1:48 PM #128
Rinkel
cat face
Of course you can, Rufi :3
I'm so glad you like it XD
15th Sep 2014, 5:12 PM #129
the rouge humingbird

I wanted to practice with lighter color pallets, so I drew my self with pallet #29. I am not going to lie this one was a challenge.
15th Sep 2014, 8:11 PM #130
Zanreo
Literal Lazer Lady
Registration date: 5th May 2014
So I finally got around to finishing my pic... Decided to return the favor and draw Rufiangel's character Kylie from Serpamia Flame with palette 71:

image hope you like!
15th Sep 2014, 9:01 PM #131
Rinkel
cat face
These are addicting...

Lilith in #7
16th Sep 2014, 6:31 AM #132
Ninabird

Registration date: 24th Aug 2014
There must be more! These are too awesome. We're halfway to doing all 100, people! I needed a request to get inspired to do my first one (and got something awesome in return), so now I'll make a request. I'll do anyone's character / request (using an unused pallet) if you're will to do my character, Tobin, in the moodiest unused pallet available.

16th Sep 2014, 7:31 AM #133
Vivocateur
pig turned rat
Registration date: 25th Oct 2012
@ Ninabird: I'm game (I'll just have to repress my strange aversion to facial hair) :)
I'll use #59 (It looks pretty moody) but I won't have time to finish until tomorrow.

Here is my favourite tailor of the Ten Tailors of Weston Court, using #4 (sorry Loup, but your hair just isn't as awesome):
16th Sep 2014, 9:07 AM #134
Deo

Registration date: 30th Sep 2011
sooo..i decided to make Kyora from Cuttlefish in a rather healthy green tome. it was fun.image

i think i'll do one with #3

16th Sep 2014, 9:41 AM #135
CiciEnixa

Registration date: 4th Jun 2014
I did Beatrix from Immigrant, #86 I think (forgot to write it down)
Illdrawbettergunsinthefuturepromise
16th Sep 2014, 12:44 PM #136
Mimi
formerly known as Prince
rufiangel:I've been thinking about that, too! :) If anyone has no objections, I thought about compiling it all onto a webpage for posterity... XD; Ideas on how to do this are welcome!

I thought about it as being "click a pallette-- get results" while also saying how many pictures for each palette, and links to comics the character's from and the artist who drew the picture via ComicFury. But don't host it on ComicFury, though, partly because there'd be at least 100 pictures to upload and tbh I always found it rather odd to do that.

I'm working on Kiyra~ and I also will "claim" #3 for a surprise picture in case any of you want to use unique palettes. I'm also thinking of making a request, but all my comic's characters are on the list at least once (twice for Timmy and Laura)-- so maybe I'll pass on that. I wish this "challenge" can go on forever because palette drawings are super fun and it makes me draw something to completion more often than just illustrating something.

twitts | tumbls
16th Sep 2014, 12:47 PM #137
LeRenardRoux
Sqaljjlmzonq
Registration date: 27th Jul 2013
Location: at the bottom of a stair whose top is invisible with light
Ten Penny OfficerHere is my favourite tailor of the [url=http://tentailors.thecomicseries.com/comics/:Ten Tailors of Weston Court[/url], using #4 (sorry Loup, but your hair just isn't as awesome):

YESYESYES <3 XD
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
16th Sep 2014, 2:07 PM #138
Ninabird

Ten Penny Officer:@ Ninabird: I'm game (I'll just have to repress my strange aversion to facial hair) :)
I'll use #59 (It looks pretty moody) but I won't have time to finish until tomorrow.

LOL, awesome, Ten Penny. Actually, he feels the same as you about facial hair. Any requests in return? Otherwise I'll just dive in for something.

16th Sep 2014, 3:02 PM #139
Vivocateur
pig turned rat
Registration date: 25th Oct 2012
Ninabird:LOL, awesome, Ten Penny. Actually, he feels the same as you about facial hair. Any requests in return? Otherwise I'll just dive in for something.

Um sure, I'll request any of my characters with any unused palate.
16th Sep 2014, 4:17 PM #140
Ninabird

Cool, I'll be doing #78.

Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > 100 Palette Challenge
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [16]