Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [195]

"The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread", 25th Oct 2014, 1:58 AM #1
Tibbittz♂

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
I made a fanart, and I don't know where else to post it. It promotes someone else's comic, it's SFW, it's not a 'ship, and it's not a trade.

It's for one of my favorite webcomics, an relatively undiscovered gem called Genocide Man.

25th Oct 2014, 2:10 AM #2
biffboff
the worst kind of instigator
Registration date: 13th Jan 2012
I'll take this opportunity to promote Kay and P, as I often do. I think I once posted this in "Unrelated Art" or some such thing.

25th Oct 2014, 2:25 AM #3
Tibbittz♂

biffboff:I'll take this opportunity to promote Kay and P, as I often do. I think I once posted this in "Unrelated Art" or some such thing.

Dang.

You've set the bar so high for a Kay & P fanart, I don't even know where I'd start. The execution of that is just staggeringly brilliant.
25th Oct 2014, 2:45 AM #4
Skweeee♂

Registration date: 1st Feb 2014
Here is one I did for "Fairy Dust". The author Dodom has put a lot of work into the world she has built and it shows in everything from the cultures of each race to the biology of the different fantasy characters has all been carefully sorted out.image
25th Oct 2014, 2:47 AM #5
MistakeNPotatoes♂

Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
Woah, Skweeee (four Es) that's brilliant. Great perspective, linework, and characterization, that's pretty gosh darned incredible. Awesome work!
25th Oct 2014, 2:58 AM #6
Skweeee♂

Tibbittz:I made a fanart, and I don't know where else to post it. It promotes someone else's comic, it's SFW, it's not a 'ship, and it's not a trade.

It's for one of my favorite webcomics, an relatively undiscovered gem called Genocide Man.

Hi! I know what SFW is, but I don't understand what a 'ship' or 'trade' mean in thread language. I apologize for my ignorance, but in spite of my best efforts I am quite the 'noob' (newb?) as you would say.
25th Oct 2014, 4:06 AM #7
Tibbittz♂

Skweeee:Hi! I know what SFW is, but I don't understand what a 'ship' or 'trade' mean in thread language. I apologize for my ignorance, but in spite of my best efforts I am quite the 'noob' (newb?) as you would say.

I would say newt. Because newts are small and timid. But it's time to go KOMODO:

There's a thread for (relation)ship drawings, where you pair a character from your comic with a character from another comic. And there are a myriad of trade or "exchange" threads (in the Community Projects section), where you draw a picture and someone else draws you a picture (these are usually for a holiday or time of year, i.e. Christmas, fall, etc.)

I thought we could use a catchall fanart thread. It's a nice way to show off pieces that don't fit in the other threads, while promoting cool comics that are not your own comics.
25th Oct 2014, 4:14 PM #8
Tibbittz♂

Here's another one from this last week -- and if you like superheroes at all, or just really good dialogue and character work, you MUST start reading Pulse. This comic deserves a LOT more subs.

25th Oct 2014, 5:39 PM #9
dpat57♂

Registration date: 14th Oct 2010
I'm getting talent overload warnings, alarms are going off all over the place here. Good work, all.
25th Oct 2014, 11:25 PM #10
DeadFish♂

Registration date: 12th Aug 2014
Wow, so much great artwork all at once! I'll have to create something worthy to post on this thread as well.

Great idea, by the way! I've been posting fanarts on the Unrelated Artwork thread for the lack of a better place. This thread is perfect for that and deserves to become a sticky, me thinks.

Keep these coming, guys and gals!
26th Oct 2014, 12:38 AM #11
Tibbittz♂

DeadFish:Wow, so much great artwork all at once! I'll have to create something worthy to post on this thread as well.

Great idea, by the way! I've been posting fanarts on the Unrelated Artwork thread for the lack of a better place. This thread is perfect for that and deserves to become a sticky, me thinks.

Thanks! And feel free to repost them in this thread; there's too much to wade through in the "Unrelated" thread for a fanart fan like me.

Keep these coming, guys and gals!

Okay! The first one of these I did last week was everyone's favorite monster, Abby Normal!

27th Oct 2014, 5:22 AM #12
Skweeee♂

Here is a piece of fanart I did for Seabiscuit. Her comic "Wastlanders Anonymous" stands out as probably one of the most recognizable comics on CF with solid characters in a unique setting. this is well on its way to the popular overall boardimage
27th Oct 2014, 6:01 AM #13
lirvilas

Registration date: 24th Mar 2014
Skweeee:Here is a piece of fanart I did for Seabiscuit. Her comic "Wastlanders Anonymous" stands out as probably one of the most recognizable comics on CF with solid characters in a unique setting. this is well on its way to the popular overall boardImage

Oh that's such a bad-ass plague doctor!

Yeah, it's well past time for me to suck it up and subscribe to W.A. [edit] Done. Totally agree with the 'popular overall' sentiment.
27th Oct 2014, 7:32 AM #14
Sleeper
formerly XibalbanSleeper
Registration date: 7th Apr 2014
This thread just gave me a great idea. I'll see if I can throw something together in the next week or two.
27th Oct 2014, 3:52 PM #15
Seabiscuit♀
mattress of pork aspiration
Referrals: 1
Registration date: 14th Jan 2014
Skweeee:Here is a piece of fanart I did for Seabiscuit. Her comic "Wastlanders Anonymous" stands out as probably one of the most recognizable comics on CF with solid characters in a unique setting. this is well on its way to the popular overall boardImage

lirvilas:Oh that's such a bad-ass plague doctor!

Yeah, it's well past time for me to suck it up and subscribe to W.A. [edit] Done. Totally agree with the 'popular overall' sentiment.

Oh my, thank you both very much! You're too kind! :D

Lesee...These are the last two fanarts I did!

Bebber of the super amazing Piper's Song!

And Zion from the very adorable and pretty Capsalot!

Oh jeez the size difference, it bothers me. I need to have a set size when I do these...

Check out those two comics...Or else! Piper's Song is just amazing. Piper is so loveable and adorable, and the rest of the cast is incredibly likeable as well. And Bebber has a blade inside a damn hockey stick! Max levels of badass.
And Capsalot is just so damn adorable! The coloring is one of my favorite parts; I love the way she colors her characters and the glowy effects on them. The character designs are so damn cool, too.
28th Oct 2014, 1:52 AM #16
danielthecreator♂

Registration date: 26th Mar 2012
Did this Oi/Hunger Games mashup as a paid commission. I think it is abit bad, and the idea not very good either, but will post it here anyways!
28th Oct 2014, 2:00 AM #17
Sleeper
formerly XibalbanSleeper
Registration date: 7th Apr 2014
danielthecreator:Did this Oi/Hunger Games mashup as a paid commission. I think it is a bit bad, and the idea not very good either, but will post it here anyways!

I'm not a big fan uf the hunger games but I like how you did this. Very well done.
28th Oct 2014, 4:34 AM #18
Spelledeg
Petal pusher
Registration date: 15th Aug 2014
I uh, drew Loup from Wolf At Weston Court as a magical girl. Does that count? It wasn't for a trade or anything of that sort.
28th Oct 2014, 4:38 AM #19
Skweeee♂

Spelledeg:I uh, drew Loup from Wolf At Weston Court as a magical girl. Does that count? It wasn't for a trade or anything of that sort.

I feel a crying game episode building up within me D:
28th Oct 2014, 5:08 AM #20
HeSerpenty♀

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012
Spelledeg:I uh, drew Loup from Wolf At Weston Court as a magical girl. Does that count? It wasn't for a trade or anything of that sort.

YEEEAaaaaaa Loup showin some SKIN *woot woot!* *eyebrow wiggle* *wolf whistle*

OkaysorryI'llStopXD

Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [195]