Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [240]

28th Oct 2014, 6:19 AM #21
Sleeper
Comicfury Crony
Registration date: 7th Apr 2014
Spelledeg:I uh, drew Loup from Wolf At Weston Court as a magical girl. Does that count? It wasn't for a trade or anything of that sort.

I can't help but imagine Loup trying to argue with whatever force gives him magical girl powers. "What about a nice, respectable paisley? Meet me half way here!"
30th Oct 2014, 7:19 PM #22
Caley Tibbittz Collopy
Sword dude
Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
Man, the "'Ships" thread is like a doornail. I think I missed the zeitgeist there. Sigh.

Anyhoo, here's a non-'ship fanart. Y'all should be reading Twilight Trust, it's fun adventure with sharp humor and snappy dialogue. Hints of Whedon. It's damn good. Yes, it's better than this:

30th Oct 2014, 8:16 PM #23
Matt Knab

Registration date: 4th Oct 2013
That's great, man. Thank you so much!
I will need a few moments to bask. XD
30th Oct 2014, 9:21 PM #24
Skweeee

Registration date: 1st Feb 2014
Here is a fan art I did for one of the funnest comics out there. Outlaw's "I Killed the Hero?"

30th Oct 2014, 9:21 PM #25
Stever

Registration date: 5th Dec 2013
Skweeee:Here is a fan art I did for one of the funnest comics out there. Outlaw's "I Killed the Hero?"

Oh man, I love that one!
30th Oct 2014, 9:26 PM #26
demcleod

Registration date: 7th Apr 2014
Skweeee:Here is a fan art I did for one of the funnest comics out there. Outlaw's "I Killed the Hero?"

Hey, Skweeee, nice work on that man. I really love Ludwig's spiky hair in that one. Do you still have the fan art you did for S&R? I still have it on my page. I love fanart. I'm going to have to pay you guys back one day with fan art of my own. :-D

My latest webcomic: Through Amy's Eyes
30th Oct 2014, 9:31 PM #27
Skweeee

Registration date: 1st Feb 2014
demcleod:Hey, Skweeee, nice work on that man. I really love Ludwig's spiky hair in that one. Do you still have the fan art you did for S&R? I still have it on my page. I love fanart. I'm going to have to pay you guys back one day with fan art of my own. :-D

Aaaaaand here is the fan art I did up for Demacleod. I love the solid community of characters that he has created which is why it's one of my favorite comics on Comic Fury!!!

31st Oct 2014, 3:00 AM #28
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
Is this limited to just webcomic fanart? Because I just saw the animated video for Ghost by Mystery Skulls and I just had to draw the skeleton guy...

If it's only for webcomics I apologize :I
31st Oct 2014, 3:58 AM #29
Caley Tibbittz Collopy
Sword dude
Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
Any kind of fanart is fine! Cool bone guy, BTW.
1st Nov 2014, 1:14 AM #30
Jarvi
formerly Saari
Registration date: 20th Sep 2013
These are not exactly fan arts, but I love those comics and decided to dress my characters as them for Halloween.. and have no idea where to put it so I'll leave it here :P Wanted to do the rest of the cast too but It's 1am, and I'm too tired for this... maybe on a next occassion :)

Anyways:

Celine as Annabelle from Silver

Imrill as Zarra from Songs of Far Aethirim

Vilyar as Nidi from Fallacy
1st Nov 2014, 1:21 AM #31
Adina
Vagabond returned home, to an identity crisis
Registration date: 31st Oct 2014
deleted
1st Nov 2014, 1:24 AM #32
Calisa
formerly kara/merlinnia
Registration date: 18th Dec 2012
Saari:These are not exactly fan arts, but I love those comics and decided to dress my characters as them for Halloween.. and have no idea where to put it so I'll leave it here :P Wanted to do the rest of the cast too but It's 1am, and I'm too tired for this... maybe on a next occassion :)

These are AWESOME, Saari!! I love it so much! :D
1st Nov 2014, 1:30 AM #33
Destiny_Llama

Registration date: 18th Oct 2014
Oop, I saw a Lewis up there. I also raise a Lewis.
1st Nov 2014, 2:01 AM #34
LeRenardRoux
Scrabble Loser 🦊
Registration date: 27th Jul 2013
Location: at the bottom of a stair whose top is invisible with light
Adina:Unfortunately, after uploading it, the image quality went down. *sigh*

;v; Loup is love

Ah! You went right out and did it :O I love how you did his nose!! :3 And everything actually. But his nose omg. <3 He looks so wonderfully snooty. Can... can I put him in my fan art section?
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
1st Nov 2014, 2:19 AM #35
Alicia

Registration date: 4th Aug 2009
Saari:These are not exactly fan arts, but I love those comics and decided to dress my characters as them for Halloween.. and have no idea where to put it so I'll leave it here :P Wanted to do the rest of the cast too but It's 1am, and I'm too tired for this... maybe on a next occassion :)

Anyways:

Celine as Annabelle from Silver

YES! Celine looks so cute in this! ^.^ Awww!

And Vilyar and Imrill... I didn't think I could love you any more than I already do. These pictures proved that wrong. XD <3
1st Nov 2014, 2:19 AM #36
Adina
deleted
1st Nov 2014, 7:41 PM #37
Destiny_Llama

Adina:I'd be honored! :D

Merged Doublepost:

Until I plot, script, and draw a comic of my own, you guys are going to see a LOT of fanart.

Better version...? The eyes were probably best left untouched

Coloring is impossible
Send help

(Ava's Demon fanart. ^^)

*sends help*
Now, with the sketchy style, that coloring looks fine. What you really need to keep in mind when coloring is the light source. Now, of course, given Ava's, erm, "unique predicament" her skin itself would be a light source. So, what you really want to do is have some of that light bounce off her clothing and hair especially where there would be shadows if you're taking into account another light source.
1st Nov 2014, 7:49 PM #38
Adina
deleted
1st Nov 2014, 7:53 PM #39
AAABatteries
Taking charge
Registration date: 18th Feb 2012
Adina:Ahh! Thank you! You got me there, I generally forget the light source. I did try to take into account the glow from her face, but I have a lot of difficulty in deciding how much color, which colors, and where the colors go. I've been doing research and trying to put my knowledge into practice. Hopefully in time I'll improve. Thank you for helping me. I appreciate it. :D

I'd agree with a lot of what's been said - taking her face as a light source into account. Also, the intensity of the color changes from time to time, so you've got free reign over how intense the light should be.

Also, I felt kinda compelled to reply to you because we both have Ava fanart in our icons. *high fives*
1st Nov 2014, 8:04 PM #40
Destiny_Llama

AAABatteries:I'd agree with a lot of what's been said - taking her face as a light source into account. Also, the intensity of the color changes from time to time, so you've got free reign over how intense the light should be.

Also, I felt kinda compelled to reply to you because we both have Ava fanart in our icons. *high fives*

Don't you mean, you have similar AVA-tars?