Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > The "I Made A Fanart And Don't Know Where Else To Post It" Thread
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [240]

23rd Nov 2014, 8:14 PM #81
Seabiscuit
mattress of pork aspiration
Registration date: 14th Jan 2014
DeadFish:Here is my homage to seabiscuit's Wastelanders Anonymous, which I finally caught up with recently:

Even though I like everybody in the cast, I feel more drawn to Anne for some reason. And I wanted to portray her as a beautiful young woman to be worth of being not only Benjamin's secret crush but everybody's! It is like the cute girl next door grew tentacles! Speaking of which, I know that they're missing a few details and that they could be better rendered but at the point I was painting them, the picture had already passed my threshold of how long I'm willing to spend on a single piece (Hope that's okay, seabiscuit!)

I may revisit this piece later to add the missing details on the tentacles and maybe fix the hands as they're bugging me. They aren't bad but they could have turned out a lot better.

Anyway, I like it a lot, flaws and all, and I hope you like it as well, seabiscuit!

Holy shit!
Wow, man, thank you! I love it! It's amazing! It's always so nice seeing the girls drawn up.:D
And you rendered her so nicely! Wow. It's so cool seeing her in such a different and amazing style!
Cute girl next door but with tentacles...Heh! And you did make her look so cute and beautiful!
Of course it's okay, wow! The tentacles and hands look amazing! I see no flaws!

Thank you!
23rd Nov 2014, 8:22 PM #82
Skweeee

Registration date: 1st Feb 2014
DeadFish:Here is my homage to seabiscuit's Wastelanders Anonymous, which I finally caught up with recently:

Even though I like everybody in the cast, I feel more drawn to Anne for some reason. And I wanted to portray her as a beautiful young woman to be worth of being not only Benjamin's secret crush but everybody's! It is like the cute girl next door grew tentacles! Speaking of which, I know that they're missing a few details and that they could be better rendered but at the point I was painting them, the picture had already passed my threshold of how long I'm willing to spend on a single piece (Hope that's okay, seabiscuit!)

I may revisit this piece later to add the missing details on the tentacles and maybe fix the hands as they're bugging me. They aren't bad but they could have turned out a lot better.

Anyway, I like it a lot, flaws and all, and I hope you like it as well, seabiscuit!

WOW! That is awesome Deadfish! I'm a big fan of WA so I suspect all the fans of the comic are going to love this. Nice selection of a character to do too!!!
23rd Nov 2014, 8:28 PM #83
DeadFish

Registration date: 12th Aug 2014
seabiscuit:Holy shit!
Wow, man, thank you! I love it! It's amazing! It's always so nice seeing the girls drawn up.:D
And you rendered her so nicely! Wow. It's so cool seeing her in such a different and amazing style!
Cute girl next door but with tentacles...Heh! And you did make her look so cute and beautiful!
Of course it's okay, wow! The tentacles and hands look amazing! I see no flaws!

Thank you!

Whoa, that was quick! Glad to hear that you liked it!

I'm enjoying your comic so much and I wanted to give something back. Initially I thought about doing Benji but you've got that covered already and I thought that not only Anne would be more fun to draw but the girls do not appear to get as much love as the boys in terms of fanart...

Your comic is great and I can't wait to see where you're taking us from here.

Merged Doublepost:

Skweeee:WOW! That is awesome Deadfish! I'm a big fan of WA so I suspect all the fans of the comic are going to love this.

Thank you!

Skweeee:Nice selection of a character to do too!!!

I agree. I felt the girls were a bit under represented on the fan art department and Anne was the obvious choice.
23rd Nov 2014, 8:33 PM #84
Seabiscuit
mattress of pork aspiration
Registration date: 14th Jan 2014
DeadFish:Whoa, that was quick! Glad to hear that you liked it!

I'm enjoying your comic so much and I wanted to give something back. Initially I thought about doing Benji but you've got that covered already and I thought that not only Anne would be more fun to draw but the girls do not appear to get as much love as the boys in terms of fanart...

Your comic is great and I can't wait to see where you're taking us from here.

Merged Doublepost:

Thank you!

I agree. I felt the girls were a bit under represented on the fan art department and Anne was the obvious choice.

Hahah...Yes, on the weekends I tend to visit CF every few minutes out of boredom.:D

Oh yes, it might be that there's much more focus on the boys for now, but they do tend to claim the majority of fanart hahah. Definitely nice having one of the girls drawn up, and so beautifully!

Thank you, and thank you again for the amazing art!!
23rd Nov 2014, 10:53 PM #85
Skweeee

This question is for Deadfish.

Where's your comic? Did I miss something???? I'm asking publicly in case you don't answer and maybe someone else will.
24th Nov 2014, 12:31 AM #86
DeadFish

Skweeee:This question is for Deadfish.

Where's your comic? Did I miss something???? I'm asking publicly in case you don't answer and maybe someone else will.

Hi, Skweeee. The short version for this question is that I don't have a comic yet. I have a full time job like most of you that leaves little time for me to draw, I am slow so I couldn't hope to keep up with any sort of schedule and my wife hates the idea of me sacrificing family time drawing and goes out of her way to make it really hard for me to do it.

That's why for now I'll have to make it do with the occasional fan art.

I'm considering doing something small, just a few pages as in an anthology chapter just to see if I can do it. But while I can draw somewhat decent doodles and am reasonably confident in my artistic skills, I ain't much of a writer and therefore I will either have to find a writer to work with or postpone it for when the lightning strikes... :-)
24th Nov 2014, 1:36 AM #87
Skweeee

DeadFish:Hi, Skweeee. The short version for this question is that I don't have a comic yet. I have a full time job like most of you that leaves little time for me to draw, I am slow so I couldn't hope to keep up with any sort of schedule and my wife hates the idea of me sacrificing family time drawing and goes out of her way to make it really hard for me to do it.

That's why for now I'll have to make it do with the occasional fan art.

I'm considering doing something small, just a few pages as in an anthology chapter just to see if I can do it. But while I can draw somewhat decent doodles and am reasonably confident in my artistic skills, I ain't much of a writer and therefore I will either have to find a writer to work with or postpone it for when the lightning strikes... :-)

That tug of war with family is familiar to me and I sympathize. It's taken me a lot of time to and patience to negotiate my way into what time I'm permitted now. And I know better than to dump advice on you 'cause there is no fix all solution. In the end its negotiation and patience that win the day. Plus I gave my wife the new job of being the editor. So she has some form of control.

But man! Your fan art is incredible. I can't wait to see more.
24th Nov 2014, 2:01 AM #88
Sketchmazoid
formerly Eddie Jensen
Registration date: 13th Oct 2011
Made some fanart for Kuris Postcards in Braille

She's supposed to be talking to Sigma off camera by the way, I can't really draw without a clear scenario in my head.
24th Nov 2014, 2:08 AM #89
Skweeee

Sketchmazoid:Made some fanart for Kuris Postcards in Braille

Fucksakes! Sketchmazoid, I want to be this good some day. This is incredible.
24th Nov 2014, 2:15 AM #90
Sketchmazoid
formerly Eddie Jensen
Registration date: 13th Oct 2011
Skweeee:Fucksakes! Sketchmazoid, I want to be this good some day. This is incredible.

Haha thanks, I already think your art is pretty dope tho!
24th Nov 2014, 9:15 AM #91
DeadFish

Sketchmazoid:Made some fanart for Kuris Postcards in Braille

She's supposed to be talking to Sigma off camera by the way, I can't really draw without a clear scenario in my head.

Wow, dude! This is amazing. Your style is so beautiful, as if we were looking at a cartoon still... Just awesome!
30th Nov 2014, 6:42 AM #92
Spelledeg
🥔 Potato Parttaker 🥔
Registration date: 15th Aug 2014
I drew something for Piper's Song while being impatient. I dig the story and am really looking forward to the coming developments hint: you should check it out if you haven't already.
30th Nov 2014, 12:56 PM #93
DeadFish

Spelledeg:I drew something for Piper's Song while being impatient. I dig the story and am really looking forward to the coming developments hint: you should check it out if you haven't already.

This is gorgeous! I love everything about it. Something tells me Skweeee is going to be very pleasantly surprised today...

Also, that's a comic I need to catch up with ASAP.
":)", 2nd Dec 2014, 12:32 PM #94
EmmaDilemma

Registration date: 2nd Dec 2014
Soo i made some fan art for some of the great comics around here!
"Serpents of old" Serpents of old
"Silver" SIlver

2nd Dec 2014, 3:14 PM #95
Caley Tibbittz Collopy
Sword dude
Registration date: 6th Mar 2012
I-see-ghosts:Soo i made some fan art for some of the great comics around here!
"Silver" SIlver

DAMN, these are all so cool. Great work.
2nd Dec 2014, 3:29 PM #96
Alicia

Registration date: 4th Aug 2009
"Silver" SIlver

Aaaaaand I am still staring at these. :O~ SO GORGEOUS! <3
2nd Dec 2014, 4:55 PM #97
Skweeee

Spelledeg:I drew something for Piper's Song while being impatient. I dig the story and am really looking forward to the coming developments hint: you should check it out if you haven't already.

I am so fortunate to have such a talented artist pay me a tremendous compliment by producing such an amazing work of art.

Many, many thanks to Spelledeg!!!
2nd Dec 2014, 6:27 PM #98
DeadFish

"Silver" SIlver

O.O

AWESOME!
2nd Dec 2014, 7:02 PM #99
HeSerpenty

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012
Tibbittz:DAMN, these are all so cool. Great work.

Aaaaand I STILL feel unworthy!!

I'M SO HAPPAY YOU'RE HERE!! *emotionally tears up* XDD
Beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful, and all those good things. I even love Abe up there--EVEN ABE D: <3

The quality of fan art in this thread is unreal y'allz are all amazing! I don't even feel like I have business posting up in here buuut what the heck. I drew this for Damatris and her amazing comic Fallacy for her birthday! I been wanting to draw this for a long time tho-- b-day just gave me an excuse to drop everything else :P

2nd Dec 2014, 8:46 PM #100
Damatris
the only thing I'll hit is the books
Registration date: 4th Mar 2014
HeSerpenty:Aaaaand I STILL feel unworthy!!

I'M SO HAPPAY YOU'RE HERE!! *emotionally tears up* XDD
Beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful, and all those good things. I even love Abe up there--EVEN ABE D: <3

The quality of fan art in this thread is unreal y'allz are all amazing! I don't even feel like I have business posting up in here buuut what the heck. I drew this for Damatris and her amazing comic Fallacy for her birthday! I been wanting to draw this for a long time tho-- b-day just gave me an excuse to drop everything else :P

OH MYYY! <3<3 This is so beautiful Serpy! .*__*. I'm so glad and happy and grateful you wanted to create something like this for me.

You guys are simply the best. I'm having hard time getting any work done because I've been bestowed with such wonderful pictures. I just keep clicking between them. xD