Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Comic Fury Infinite Secret Crisis Convergence Wars (CFISCCW)

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Comic Fury Infinite Secret Crisis Convergence Wars (CFISCCW)
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [13]

"Comic Fury Infinite Secret Crisis Convergence Wars (CFISCCW)", 13th May 2015, 10:47 PM #1
ProfEtheric
Dry Soil
Registration date: 17th Aug 2014
Following this discussion, ad the project discussed therein, I have decided to stop procrastinating. This is the official thread for signup and clarification of The Comic Fury Infinite Secret Crisis Convergence Wars (CFISCCW, for short).

What is it?

It is a multi-artist comic, akin to the Skweeee of Canada comic organized by XibalbanSleeper. It is going to be a multi-comic crossover, with as many characters involved as we have artists participating.

So what do you need to do to get in on this?

First, you need to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you can follow through with this. You will be called on to contribute one or two pages to the project (maybe as much as three, depending). There will be plenty of time for this, but if you think there's even a CHANCE you will have to bow out, please do not sign up. If you can't keep up, don't step up.

Second, and ONLY after you are sure, you need one of your own characters from your comic (or planned comic - that's also legit). A reference and as much information as you can provide is VERY HELPFUL here. To begin with, we just need a name. Please do not tell me you want to be involved without telling me a SPECIFIC character you will be using. And please only offer one character.

Third, and to be sure everyone is reading this, you need to tell me whether or not you are interested in expanding the event in the comic.

-----

Now, just so we're clear. I will be writing the script for this. HeSerpenty has offered to do thumbnails. Van Husk I and argylefox have offered to assist me (and it looks like I can count on support from Spelledeg and JammyTheWerewolf, if needs be).

If you get involved, you will be given a part of the script and thumbnails for any pages you are responsible for. We will have a deadline, but it will be a longish one. You will be given reminders every so often. This is meant to be serious fun (which is to say both serious and fun).

So who's in?

UPDATE: SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED
13th May 2015, 11:00 PM #2
Jay042
Old school
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
One.) What the hell, count me in!

Two.) Kaza (NSFW) he's a lot like Tarzan, but no pants.

Third.) Yeah, I'm likely to expand the story in my comic.

On an art note, I will be keeping things PG-13 with Kaza outside of my comic.
13th May 2015, 11:16 PM #3
Zanreo
Literal Lazer Lady
Registration date: 5th May 2014
Hm... yeah, I think I could try this. One or two pages should be possible... How long is "longish" anyway?

For my character... I think I'll offer up Nintendo. She's basically a personification of the company. Will add more info as needed

And I don't think I'll expand it in my own comic, no.
13th May 2015, 11:26 PM #4
ProfEtheric
Dry Soil
"Longish" is undefined, but likely to be ~a couple months or so. We need signups, first, then I have to familiarize myself with all the characters enough to do them justice in the comic, then HeSerpenty needs to do the thumbnails, then we can get started.
13th May 2015, 11:40 PM #5
Milk

Registration date: 31st Jul 2014
Aw shit...which character should I use....
13th May 2015, 11:44 PM #6
Chris the Blue
formerly Karda the Green
Registration date: 16th Feb 2014
This sounds incredibly fun. I kinda wanna join.
I submit Mr. Green as the character. He's a character I have in mind for a future comic, The Furious City.
14th May 2015, 12:10 AM #7
keiiii

Registration date: 4th Jul 2014
Do we have a premise or any specific settings for this thing? I think I know which character I'd like in, but that may change depending on the premise/setting.

Also, I offer to do:

1) thumbnails! Maybe we can split them between HeSerpenty and me? I have a heavily decompressed style of storytelling, so if the scripts look too compressed, I may need to spread it out more (e.g. 1 page becomes 2).

2) any sort of nature backgrounds, assuming this takes place on the Earth. Probably not for every page that has a nature background, depending on how much of it we need? Also, not everyone's drawing style will gel with mine, so with some people, it might look weird to have their characters on top of my background...
14th May 2015, 12:30 AM #8
ProfEtheric
Dry Soil
Premise, yes. Specific setting, no. It may actually (probably?) be a shifting setting.

As far as the other things: you are a rockstar! I'm sure Serpy would appreciate the split in duties. And your backgrounds are AMAZING.
14th May 2015, 12:33 AM #9
Fig

Registration date: 11th May 2014
Alright, Prof. I read the other thread. I believe in you. I have faith in your lieutenants. I believe in this project. And for the sake of cooperation, I will believe in myself. I would be more than happy to participate in this endeavor with the rest of you. In fact, I'm having a bit of a time with my own revamp of the re-beginning of KEXX, so why not broaden my community involvement?

I offer you my editing skills and overbearing grammar nazi nature, characters, story consultation and possible comic art if needed/wanted (you've seen just about all of my work). Like keiii, i favor decompressed storytelling, so i could help balance the overall pacing of the comic if need be.

Also, depending upon the scope of the story you have in mind, i have a number of characters who are more than worthy of being coated in the blood of meta-cosmic enemies. Dean Hander, in particular...

If you're interested, PM me. we have much to discuss. lol.

-You are all that is precious.
"we are in", 14th May 2015, 12:35 AM #10
jenffer
Some of us are born lucky
Registration date: 10th Jan 2010
yes count us in me and jen

thanks
miss j
14th May 2015, 2:31 AM #11
zartala

Registration date: 26th Sep 2011
This sounds really interesting and fun but I have some questions about time commitments.

Do you foresee the artist's time commitment running past the end of August?
When is the most likely time that thumbnails will be handed out?

I'm free to participate over the summer (after mid June) but will be unable to reliably contribute once the academic year begins (mid-late August).

Also, in a few days I leave for the middle of nowhere, where I'll be for close to a month. I'll basically be incommunicado during that time. Does that disqualify me from participating? (I assume the answer is yes, but thought I'd ask just in case)

Since I heavily suspect that I won't be able to participate, may I volunteer to help in another way? I can help with website design/coding if wanted/needed. Or draw some cover/promotional art... Or something. I'd love to help out even if I'm unable to participate.
14th May 2015, 2:36 AM #12
ProfEtheric
Dry Soil
I will keep you posted RE: timeline. I really hope we can get you in.
14th May 2015, 2:47 AM #13
HeSerpenty

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012
WOoo let's do this thang!
Oh yea I toootes don't mind splittin up thumbnail with Keiiii! Scene by scene or what have you-- just send me the script ya want me to work with when its ready and all characters involved! Down the line :P

I offer up my Merek... as he is the easiest main of SoO to draw and to write XDD

Basic info in case ya need it!:

14th May 2015, 3:22 AM #14
Milk

Re-Redacted.
14th May 2015, 3:42 AM #15
Eagle99

Registration date: 8th Mar 2015
I'm in! Art, script reading, and my character, WarMage, since this would most likely be his sort of thing.
And I will work it into my comics in some way.

Eagle
(I like this idea)
14th May 2015, 4:08 AM #16
argylefox

Registration date: 11th Jul 2014
I... don't know.

Bit weird coming from a lieutenant, but I am not sure if I want to submit a character. Mainly it is because I don't know what I will be doing in a month or so in terms of drawing, as I am considering stopping my main comic indefinitely.

I am willing to work with a script, and even drawing a page or two, but... I dunno. Things are in flux.
14th May 2015, 5:47 AM #17
Milk

Redacted.
14th May 2015, 6:10 AM #18
DoryH

Registration date: 14th Dec 2012
This is awesome! I love crossovers, and can't imagine anyone more qualified than you to helm such a project. I -SO- want into this.

As far as characters go, I think Poharex himself is the most logical choice- if you don't mind adding a giant talking dinosaur into the mix. I probably wouldn't make the events of this crossover canon for my comic though. Most likely I'll treat it as either an alternate universe, or a dream.
14th May 2015, 6:38 AM #19
argylefox

Registration date: 11th Jul 2014
Van Husk I:That's a good point, argy. I have a duty as a lieu and hence remove my character so that I can be as...objective(?) as possible.

I did not make this point at all]
14th May 2015, 6:48 AM #20
Milk

Redacted cause I'm wishy-washy.
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Comic Fury Infinite Secret Crisis Convergence Wars (CFISCCW)
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [13]