Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Skweee of Canada Official Signups (ROUND 2)

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Skweee of Canada Official Signups (ROUND 2)
Pages: [1]

"Skweee of Canada Official Signups (ROUND 2)", 23rd Jul 2015, 10:36 PM #1
Sleeper
Comicfury Crony
Registration date: 7th Apr 2014
Okay everybody, it's that time again.

I'm currently laying out the thumbnails for the next thrilling installment of Skweeee of Canada

If you don't know, Skweeee of Canada is a community fan comic made to honor Skweeee. It showcases both his physical prowess and his humanity while also providing the reader with a highly accurate look at Canadian society. It's a lighthearted, super heroic romp through Canada. We're keeping it family friendly. No death, no sex, no drugs.

The Script has some extra Q&A info towards the bottom as well as the original thumbnails so you can see how vague they are and how each artist went their own direction with their page. Artistic freedom is important here. Don't feel like you have to follow my framing exactly or at all.

The Hockey Scene
(Beard and super suit)
Cover
1. xDarkspace
2. Miaboul
3. Sleeper

The Beiber Compound
Cover:

Relevant Dates:

I figure two weeks for signups and another four to produce the pages sounds about right.
Signups close on 8/8/15
Deadline for pages is 9/8/15

Signups are first come first serve, If you have a specific type of page you'd like to do (outdoor, splash page, whatever) I'll do my best to accommodate you. If you want to do a scene cover, there are no guidelines, just try to make it appropriate to the scene.

Everyone will get a thumbnail to guide their page. You don't have to follow it exactly, just enough so that it fits between the page before and the page after.

If we can get this whole thing done, I'd like to eventually put it out as an ebook and give any proceeds to some as yet undetermined charity (Maybe a Canadian children's hospital or something). I honestly don't know anything about the logistics behind that. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If you object to having your page published for whatever reason, but still want to get in on this, you're more than welcome to submit fan art which I'll happily post on the main SoC page.

I'll be posting some reference pics for both of these scenes before I start sending out the thumbnails.

If you finish your page early, PM it to me and to whoever has the page before and after yours. That way, if they aren't very far along, they can see any changes you made and possibly incorporate something from it into their own page.

I feel like I'm leaving something out but literally everything is in the script and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
24th Jul 2015, 4:58 PM #2
Darkus
formerly xDarkSpace
Registration date: 7th Apr 2015
haha, sweet, you already got me in the list!
25th Jul 2015, 6:35 PM #3
Sleeper
Comicfury Crony
Update: I had completely forgotten to set dates for this round. I've added them to the first post.

Side note: I've got the first batch of thumbnails for the hockey scene done. They'll be on the script document shortly.
3rd Aug 2015, 12:00 PM #4
Miaubol
Cat Queen
Registration date: 7th Sep 2014
Sign me up :D
3rd Aug 2015, 6:12 PM #5
Sleeper
Comicfury Crony
Glad to have you aboard again Miabol.

I'm going to pick up a page as well.
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Skweee of Canada Official Signups (ROUND 2)
Pages: [1]