Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Comic Trivial Trivia Thread!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Comic Trivial Trivia Thread!
Pages: [1] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32]

3rd Jul 2016, 2:36 AM #521
tjblazer85

Registration date: 1st Apr 2016
This thread is so awesome!

H.I.T Trivia #1:

This is my first comic/webcomic about a superhero without any powers! I actually choose this to be my first webcomic for that specific reason, it's gonna be different, and challenging because up to now I've been mostly writing about superheroes with great power, and the great responsibilities they are burdened with. So I thought, how's a superhero with no power gonna handle the great responsibility that comes with the job?
"With Great Power there must also come Great Responsibility." - Unnamed Narrator. Amazing Fantasy #15.

My Comic:

3rd Jul 2016, 6:51 AM #522
shaneoid

Registration date: 19th May 2016
HOTWAB Trivia #3

There's a video linking in to a forthcoming story. I did a midlands voice for the character in case he got compared to another famous green haired villain.
3rd Jul 2016, 6:34 PM #523
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Back o' Beyond 2:

Yes, Nate's dad's name was Davy Jones. However in some coastal areas of their country, that name is equivelent to John Doe and is taken on by people for a variety of different reasons. One reason in particualar is the most (in)famous...
3rd Jul 2016, 6:37 PM #524
Spinneret
Whoa, who's this person?
Registration date: 21st Jul 2014
Cult of Undesirables trivia uhh.. #3?

The people of the Daraghon don't consider the moon to be a moon, they think of it as another sun. The sun of night.
3rd Jul 2016, 7:49 PM #525
Mel Cormac
formerly thewotartmonkey
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
Waste Of Time Trivia #18
I decided to name Jon that because I wanted him to have a regular sounding name to offset Seth's slightly more unusual one (at least, back in the day Seth wasn't a particularly popular name in England--but right now it's sat in 91st place while Jonathan is now nowhere to be found). I intentionally named him Jon not John because I still have a fondness for Garfield, so yes, Jon is named after Jon Arbuckle.
3rd Jul 2016, 9:28 PM #526
Bobblit
I DON'T REGRET IT THOUGH
Registration date: 5th Apr 2016
A Tale Yet Unclaimed:

Klondon, capital of Kengland, is built upon another city called underground Klondon. Underground Klondon is buried in the earth, like some sort of city basement, and is permanently covered in fog.
3rd Jul 2016, 11:24 PM #527
Rulerbrain
of measured intelligence
Registration date: 9th Jun 2015
Man, I missed this thread by a mile. Still, better late than never. So...

Crazies Inc. Trivia #1 : Before it started, I half wrote the script and barely drew a page. I thought that " I probably should make a buffer first before I start".

But I got impatient and said " Ah screw it, I'm sure I can handle the writing and drawing pages as I go along on time. No need for silly buffers".

Oh innocent, stupid me.
4th Jul 2016, 5:48 AM #528
shaneoid

HOTWAB Trivia #4

I got the name for the comic while playing World Heroes on the Wii :D Love a bit of retro gaming!
4th Jul 2016, 8:53 PM #529
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Back o' Beyond 3:

I suck at naming countries, so I took a leaf from MOTHY's book, and decided to name them all after gemstones. (He named his fictional countries after demons; Lucifenia, Elphegort, Marlon, Beelzenia, Levianta, Asmodin and Retasan.)

All of the beryl gems will be one continent, (I have Goshenia, Agmar and Amragad so far) and other related rocks will also be near to each other. The gemstones will have no impact or relevance anywhere other than as names.
4th Jul 2016, 9:36 PM #530
RealmLord

Registration date: 9th Sep 2015
Rosrin Trivia 20:

Most magic users can also sense when magic is being used near or on them, like having an itch you can't scratch, or being about to sneeze.
5th Jul 2016, 9:04 AM #531
Mel Cormac
formerly thewotartmonkey
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
Waste Of Time Trivia #19
Waste Of Time is in vertical format purely because when I'm reading webcomics that have a horizontal layout I always skip ahead to the end because I have no self control, and I guess I projected onto all my theoretical readers. I wanted to make it harder to spoil the joke, basically. Back in 2009 I didn't know anything about making webcomics mobile friendly, it was just a happy coincidence!
5th Jul 2016, 12:02 PM #532
PlasmaPuff
probably a spy or something
Registration date: 15th Jun 2016
Fact #1
The character I just introduced name is of Irish origin.
5th Jul 2016, 12:28 PM #533
shaneoid

HOTWAB factoid #5

The highest I've got is 135 on Topwebcomics. To me it was everything. To you it was probably a Tuesday.
5th Jul 2016, 2:13 PM #534
Zanreo
Literal Lazer Lady
Registration date: 5th May 2014
thewotartmonkey:Waste Of Time Trivia #19
Waste Of Time is in vertical format purely because when I'm reading webcomics that have a horizontal layout I always skip ahead to the end because I have no self control, and I guess I projected onto all my theoretical readers. I wanted to make it harder to spoil the joke, basically. Back in 2009 I didn't know anything about making webcomics mobile friendly, it was just a happy coincidence!

Haha, in my case, for my vertical comics (as in, purely vertical with just one frame at a time) it's because they're based off "4koma" manga (a common format of several series I'm inspired by), never considered doing it because it was mobile-friendly - that didn't cross my mind before months after, when seeing people recommend that for mobile-friendly comics, and still that's more of a "bonus" than a reason in itself for me.
Guess that counts as my "Consolers Trivia # something"
5th Jul 2016, 3:05 PM #535
The Doodler

Registration date: 9th Sep 2010
SCW trivia #3: Iaroslav can french-braid hair very well. (On other people, anyway -- he's never had hair over about an inch long, himself.)
5th Jul 2016, 4:27 PM #536
doomdragon6

Registration date: 26th Apr 2016
Trivia #1 for RPG World: FR

Not really trivia, but my favorite joke Ian ever made way back when was a subtle sight gag that a lot of people probably missed. The party travels to a beach town, and in one scene there's a sign in the background that says "Sonova Shores". Which, can also mean, Sonova Beach.

Literally my favorite joke in the whole comic.
6th Jul 2016, 12:22 PM #537
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Back o' Beyond 4:

There is a character named after a real life chicken I met. The owner of the farm told me the blue silkie's name was 'Blue Finlay' after an older black silkie named Finlay. I decided it sounded piratey, andthat I'd like to use it.
6th Jul 2016, 2:46 PM #538
RealmLord

Registration date: 9th Sep 2015
Rosrin Trivia 21:

Xander's favorite food is spiced bat meat with mushroom sauce. He's eaten tastier things, but he has a fondness for the dish because his father used to make it as a special treat. It brings back good memories.
6th Jul 2016, 2:55 PM #539
heckos

Registration date: 21st Nov 2014
Frames #1

My main character has a collection of empty baby bottle pops in her room at home. Every time she eats one she puts the container on a shelf in her bedroom and most of them are the blue ones. Why? I don't even know, a friend of mine just told me it should be fact one day and I figured why not.
6th Jul 2016, 9:51 PM #540
RageTheDragoon

Registration date: 2nd May 2016
Gwendoline Trivia #1

On the Character Profile page the favorite songs of each band member are dropped song ideas from my own band.