Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Pool's Open! I'll Use Your Characters for Practice!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Pool's Open! I'll Use Your Characters for Practice!
Pages: [1] [2]

"Pool's Open! I'll Use Your Characters for Practice!", 28th May 2016, 7:59 AM #1
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
Requests are now closed! Everybody out of the pool!

I need practice drawing water, specifically characters interacting with water, so I'm opening this up as an art request thread so your characters can hang out at the pool while I try to suck less at arting.

I'll draw characters of all ages, be they human, alien, monster, anthro, or even robot (though they may not have the best time!)

They will be coloured sketches, but the water will be more "polished" so I can't say they won't look a bit weird. I'll try to make them nice-looking all the same :) They'll look a little something like:

Da Rules:

1. Please post a reference picture (under a spoiler please), a BRIEF description of your character's personality, and then give me an idea of what kind of swimwear they'd be comfortable in (I can draw them fully-clothed if that's preferable).

2. These will all be safe for work by default, but if you'd like something a little NSFW, mention it in your request, and I'll see what I can do ;)

3. This won't be first come first served, because timezones are bullies. So no need to save yourself a space then come back with a ref, might as well get all your stuff together and then post. This means you may make a request and not get anything, so I'm sorry in advance, but know that it's nothing personal. There will be no slots to fill. Unless and until I put a notice at the top of this post stating requests are closed, please assume that they are open :)

4. Use your pleases and thank yous because I'm an Englishwoman and manners turn me on or something.

Dive in! Thanks in advance for the guinea pigs :)
28th May 2016, 8:29 AM #2
JuicyGrey
✖✖✖
Registration date: 25th Jul 2015
Practice you said? Ah, well. Would you like have Rin? She is one with eyepatch...

So, personality next? Well, I am not good to describe someone, but... I'll say rather direct personality, probably bit of rude sometimes. Suit? Whatever boring and practical you know which fits for japanese person. Probably not far from example picture...

Oh, and she is also short as well rather flat. Try go and mistaken her for a boy or kid, I dare you!...
28th May 2016, 12:05 PM #3
GabbyGood

Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
Hi there. If you'd like I'd love for you to draw my Night ? (Excuse the link. I'm on my phone. She's the cute dark haired girl on the page)

She's a spicy lil gal. Definitely a short tempered spit fire but she's got a good heart. Just no filter. She's open to any bathing suit type so long as they flatter her curvy figure :D

Thank you kindly if you decide to draw her.
28th May 2016, 12:38 PM #4
BluRaven C. Houvener

Registration date: 11th Jun 2014
thewotartmonkey:I need practice drawing water, specifically characters interacting with water, so I'm opening this up as an art request thread so your characters can hang out at the pool while I try to suck less at arting.

I'll draw characters of all ages, be they human, alien, monster, anthro, or even robot (though they may not have the best time!)

They will be coloured sketches, but the water will be more "polished" so I can't say they won't look a bit weird. I'll try to make them nice-looking all the same :) They'll look a little something like:

Da Rules:

1. Please post a reference picture (under a spoiler please), a BRIEF description of your character's personality, and then give me an idea of what kind of swimwear they'd be comfortable in (I can draw them fully-clothed if that's preferable).

2. These will all be safe for work by default, but if you'd like something a little NSFW, mention it in your request, and I'll see what I can do ;)

3. This won't be first come first served, because timezones are bullies. So no need to save yourself a space then come back with a ref, might as well get all your stuff together and then post. This means you may make a request and not get anything, so I'm sorry in advance, but know that it's nothing personal. There will be no slots to fill. Unless and until I put a notice at the top of this post stating requests are closed, please assume that they are open :)

4. Use your pleases and thank yous because I'm an Englishwoman and manners turn me on or something.

Fair Maiden, thou would honor me with a swim time rendition of Nikki if you would please be so kind *takes a bow*

(She's the one with the bobbed hair and glasses) Nikki hasn't seen a lot of character growth yet in the story, she can be kind of mousy, easially excitable, and quick to change her opinion... HOWEVER she does grow in future unreleased volumes to be quite a strong stand on her own two feet character while still never losing that almost childish charm. The early Nikki I described would definitely be in one of those one piece frilly bathing suits, and older stronger Nikki would definitely rock a bikini! SFW is cool, NSFW is even cooler, I leave that up to your capable hands! Should I be selected I bid you a thanks in advance!
28th May 2016, 1:40 PM #5
alston123

Registration date: 11th Nov 2010
thewotartmonkey:I need practice drawing water, specifically characters interacting with water, so I'm opening this up as an art request thread so your characters can hang out at the pool while I try to suck less at arting.

Da Rules:

Ok. I understand. I will harbor no ill feelings. I would love a drawing of my character, Kurishimi. He's one of my villains, and he's a bit of an airhead. I think he would wear something simple. It would be the same color as his suit in this picture. He really likes that red.

Oh and please don't forget the gem. It's permanently attached to his skin.
Thank you!! ;D
28th May 2016, 2:22 PM #6
Firebrand128

Registration date: 4th May 2013
Now this is interesting, try Cynthia/Queen Bee, (The blonde one) my main character and bug themed superheroine.

She's a bit of a hothead, going out fighting crime for the rush and not really thinking ahead, though she ultimately means well. Her swimwear would be a two piece bikini because why wouldn't you show off your superhero body?

BTW the wings are attached to her just so you know.

Thank you very much
28th May 2016, 2:40 PM #7
Kaylee-purrr

Registration date: 26th Apr 2016
Draw Lucia

Personality description: Evil evil dyesebel. Psychopathic, manipulative, sadistic, seducer... Nuff said ^^
28th May 2016, 4:42 PM #8
The Doodler

Registration date: 9th Sep 2010
How about Yana, if you feel like it?

When things are pretty ok, she's laid-back and genial, and tends to hang out with people in a way calculated not to make enemies. I think she'd enjoy Fashionable Western Clothes (tm), but more sporty and clean lines than self-consciously sexy. (Note on color: she's white and has medium brown hair and blue eyes.

But with or without her, this seems like a cool project!
28th May 2016, 9:56 PM #9
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
If I could please get a drawing of Flame Thrower, I would love it:

She'd likely wear a one-piece, since as a transwoman, those are what better tuck the male bits away.

Usually a confident person on land and in the air, she's actually a bit apprehensive in water, mostly due to her natural aversion, being part dragon, and also her own pyrokinetic abilities, which are nullified in water. She can have fun and splash around, and if she's in a chlorinated pool she's fine, but in a place like a lake she's not likely to get to a point where she has to swim, because she doesn't know what's down there.
29th May 2016, 5:33 AM #10
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
Thanks for all the requests so far, everyone! You've given me a lot to work with. I'll be posting the first later this morning. :)

Merged Doublepost:

Okay, first up we have Night for GabbyGood:

(spoilered because it's a wide image)

She's definitely about to bean an unsuspecting person with that beachball.

Thought I'd start slow with someone just standing in water, and work up to the more difficult stuff. I think the highlights in the water are a bit much, might dial it back a bit for the next one.

Sorry, I know I said coloured sketches, but I really liked the black and white with splashes of colour thing you've got going on, and I wanted to (attempt to) emulate it. I do not know how you make it work because mine looks like a black and white comic character cut out and put into a colour comic :,D Hope you like it anyway. :)
29th May 2016, 11:42 AM #11
GabbyGood

Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
thewotartmonkey:Thanks for all the requests so far, everyone! You've given me a lot to work with. I'll be posting the first later this morning. :)

Merged Doublepost:

Okay, first up we have Night for GabbyGood:

(spoilered because it's a wide image)

She's definitely about to bean an unsuspecting person with that beachball.

Thought I'd start slow with someone just standing in water, and work up to the more difficult stuff. I think the highlights in the water are a bit much, might dial it back a bit for the next one.

Sorry, I know I said coloured sketches, but I really liked the black and white with splashes of colour thing you've got going on, and I wanted to (attempt to) emulate it. I do not know how you make it work because mine looks like a black and white comic character cut out and put into a colour comic :,D Hope you like it anyway. :)

Eeeeeeeee!!!!! What a lovely way to start the morning for me. Her pose and expression are perfect. Personally I like the highlights on the water? But I can't render water for shit so :D ! (I should have mentioned her actual skin tone oops. But I like it regardless! I'm always flattered when people try to emulate the style.)

Thank you for taking the time to do this! I adore it <3
29th May 2016, 11:51 AM #12
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
@GabbyGood My pleasure! Glad you like it. :) And you might be right about the highlights actually, I did tone them down for this next one and I don't like them as much... XD Whoopsie.

Next we have Rin for JuicyGrey:
(spoilered for wide image)

Kicking it up a notch (pun intended) and attempting splashes. This just in: drawing splashes is difficult XD Might go a little easier on the smudge tool there, I'm kind of abusing it to within an inch of its life... Hope she turned out okay!

Merged Doublepost:

Aannnd Nikki for BluRaven C. Houvener:
(spoiler, wide, yadayada)

Being splashed by some jerk, or possibly a creature of the sea. Okay, this one was difficult. Splash and water actually hitting someone? I had trouble making it look "solid" enough if that makes any sense at all. The water looks kind of... fluffy. I guess that's why it's practice!

Hope you like it, Blu (I took some liberties with colouring, with the black and white ref and all--hope that's okay)

Merged Doublepost:

Went a bit dramatic with Flamethrower, for shastab24:
(wide image boop)

Some flames won't be doused, even when submerged.

She's supposed to be shooting up out of the water, but it kind of looks like she's dropped in to the water, with how the splash looks. This one was quite tricky too, definitely need more practice there.

You might say I'm... out of my depth.
29th May 2016, 11:35 PM #13
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
It looks like she's coming out of the water to me. I think the image is great.
31st May 2016, 6:02 AM #14
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
@shastab24 Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

So as it stands I should be able to get to everybody's :D Eventually. Just giving this a little bump in case anyone else wants in, I don't want to close the pool any time soon.

More pics to come in the next few days, but work's going to slow me down a bit.
1st Jun 2016, 5:21 PM #15
BluRaven C. Houvener

Registration date: 11th Jun 2014
thewotartmonkey:

Aannnd Nikki for BluRaven C. Houvener:
(spoiler, wide, yadayada)

Being splashed by some jerk, or possibly a creature of the sea. Okay, this one was difficult. Splash and water actually hitting someone? I had trouble making it look "solid" enough if that makes any sense at all. The water looks kind of... fluffy. I guess that's why it's practice!

Hope you like it, Blu (I took some liberties with colouring, with the black and white ref and all--hope that's okay)

[/i]

I love it! I'm so sorry about the late reply, I've been away from the computer cause of the holiday weekend n' all. I love all the liberties you took with Nikki. The frilly swimsuit and goggles! The goggles are so cool! I also applaud your water work...that can be a tough one to work with, but you're making awesome strides! May I post this on some of my pages with links back to you and your comic?
1st Jun 2016, 7:45 PM #16
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
Blu, glad you like it! And yes, feel free to use it as you like :)

I promise I'll get to the rest of these soon, this week unexpectedly became very busy etc etc excuses, I should be back on it by Friday at least.
1st Jun 2016, 8:28 PM #17
jas

Registration date: 16th Dec 2011
Is it too late to get in on the poolside action? I know you're busy till Friday at least, but I'm in no rush. :)

Allison from Super Chibi Girl in her "hybrid" form (half-human/half-alien)

Allison is biracial (black/white), has pointy ears + a smooth long tail and as you can see, she's curvy.

"That was pretty smooth, Jazz." - Seeen (formerly Sivrus)
1st Jun 2016, 9:02 PM #18
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
Not too late at all! :)
1st Jun 2016, 9:23 PM #19
MST3KFan

Registration date: 31st Aug 2014
Well...if you feel like up to it, I offer anyone from my comic, POW! Right in the Nostalgia. Or we could make it a trade since I'm doing those right now with my subscribers. X3

2nd Jun 2016, 6:05 AM #20
thewotartmonkey
Blimpmaster
MST3K I'd be happy to whip something up for this thread, and then I'll do something more polished for a trade at a later date if that suits?

Merged Doublepost:

Okay, another before I need to head to work.

Yana, for The Doodler:
(spoilered for wide)

Someone actually swimming in the pool? Unthinkable! Hope you like!
Pages: [1] [2]