Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Gloria Tesch makes me feel good about my writing.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Gloria Tesch makes me feel good about my writing.
Pages: [1] [2]

"Gloria Tesch makes me feel good about my writing.", 17th Jun 2010, 4:02 PM #1
Kelly Ann
rules with her IRON FIST
Registration date: 20th Feb 2010
Everything I have to say about this chick can be found in Swanky's video, along with all the links to everything GT related.

Ok, but seriously, she's an egotistical, spoiled brat who thinks she's God's gift to the world all because mommy and daddy payed a self publishing place to print her crap.

Aaaaand... Discuss! And feel free to talk about other sucky, egotistical writers as well.
17th Jun 2010, 4:32 PM #2
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
Kelly Ann:Everything I have to say about this chick can be found in Swanky's video, along with all the links to everything GT related.

Ok, but seriously, she's an egotistical, spoiled brat who thinks she's God's gift to the world all because mommy and daddy payed a self publishing place to print her crap.

Aaaaand... Discuss! And feel free to talk about other sucky, egotistical writers as well.

It's self published... What more really needs to be said? :)
17th Jun 2010, 4:51 PM #3
Kelly Ann
rules with her IRON FIST
Magravan:
Kelly Ann:Everything I have to say about this chick can be found in Swanky's video, along with all the links to everything GT related.

It's self published... What more really needs to be said? :)

That she needs to stop. She's getting on the nerves of everyone involved in the literary world. We're hoping that with enough negative outlook, she'll stop, work on her writing skill and maybe, MAYBE, in 20 years try to get a real agency to publish her. :\
17th Jun 2010, 4:59 PM #4
Magravan
Ma-Ma-Magravan!
Registration date: 13th Oct 2009
For some reason, I don't see that working out ;) Maybe it's that Sonichu guy or whatever, but sucky writers with god complexes don't seem to bow to criticism :)
17th Jun 2010, 6:16 PM #5
Johnny Whoa
Cunt
Registration date: 11th Sep 2008
Ugh. I couldn't watch that video. Woman came off as a total bitch within twelve seconds.
17th Jun 2010, 7:48 PM #6
MiseriaCantare

Registration date: 23rd Apr 2010
What...? That was painful man..really.
The difference between this kid and every other young writer is that all the other ones KNOW they're bad.
Apparently this chick lives in a dream world where shitty books are made into movies.

...oh wait...Twilight >n>;

Maybe she's got a chance :D
17th Jun 2010, 8:22 PM #7
Kelly Ann
rules with her IRON FIST
MiseriaCantare:What...? That was painful man..really.
The difference between this kid and every other young writer is that all the other ones KNOW they're bad.
Apparently this chick lives in a dream world where shitty books are made into movies.

...oh wait...Twilight >n>;

Maybe she's got a chance :D

Not just a badly made, green screen "movie" but a theme park! She wants a theme park built in Florida based on Maradonia.

I have to hope and pray that none of this is her own doing. You all know how pageant a sports moms/dads get with their kids. They push them and push them not because they want the kid to be successful for the good of a the child, but because they failed at said sport or beauty pageant and they want the kid to take over and win. I just hope she's really a normal person who's being pushed by her parents. :\
17th Jun 2010, 10:33 PM #8
Sarge
Dawg
Registration date: 18th Dec 2009
This just made me lol.
Then I saw that "trailer" and lol'ed some more.
Does she honestly think that she is this good?
I've written books before... and I'm just a lowly artist & student. I see nothing wrong with self-published authors, but what she's saying/doing is awesomely hilarious. I'm too distracted by E3 to look into this more, but once I do I'll say something productive xD
17th Jun 2010, 10:42 PM #9
Ferix
the cat
Registration date: 4th Jan 2010
God...DAM, Self Publishing is great but...come on you can't go around like... "THE YOUNGEST NOVELIST IN THE WORLD!" ?

Who could go around with that not being ashamed of themselves.
17th Jun 2010, 10:47 PM #10
Micheal

Registration date: 2nd May 2010

Do I hear the chance to jump on someone's case?

Hell yeah I do, get that brat off the teet! :3
18th Jun 2010, 5:06 AM #11
DreamSanguine
Many sharp teeth alliance
Registration date: 21st Dec 2009
Ahahahaha, I like this Swankivy person. :))
18th Jun 2010, 5:09 AM #12
Shaggers
Knock knock
Registration date: 18th Dec 2009
I think getting REALLY close to camera is a very effective technique.

>.>

18th Jun 2010, 5:59 AM #13
Noksom
Gentleman
Registration date: 9th Sep 2009
Magravan:It's self published... What more really needs to be said? :)

Ohh i'm shamelessly self-published in my own right because being independent mean's more work, less board rooms and more moneys for me. Whaka.

But this girl is probly a scene hungry be-arch. Art girls are easy.
18th Jun 2010, 6:00 AM #14
Linden
Uptown girl
Registration date: 25th Jul 2009
I agree with her... but is it me or does she come off as a bitch?

EDIT: In all fairness, I'd like to point out this isn't a literary criticism of Tesch's novel. Instead, this video is a blatant case of ad hominem. Perhaps it's well deserved ad hominem because Tesch does seem to have some major personality flaws; however, her personality doesn't affect her ability to write. If you want to judge the novel, read it and decide for yourself without all of this crap clouding your judgment. Chances are it probably does suck but don't hate on the novel when you've never read it.
18th Jun 2010, 6:04 AM #15
Linden
Uptown girl
Anyway, here's something a friend of mine dug up once. Don't feel bad if you're a crappy writer, this is a published book and the grammar is atrocious.

18th Jun 2010, 6:13 AM #16
AFStaff
Weak, vulnerable
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
Why is every word capitalized?
18th Jun 2010, 7:18 AM #17
Johnny Whoa
Cunt
Registration date: 11th Sep 2008
Look! Irony!

Me: "no-name, teenage girl with ego issues".
Sounds like you're kind of describing yourself with this video.

Her: Taking that at face value and assuming you're not just saying that to be a dickface. . . .
I am not going around the Internet claiming I have hordes waiting in line to buy my writing, so it's kind of moot. Not to mention I'm not a teenager. Not by a long, long shot. I'm 32.
Did you mean that comment honestly? (If so, I'm sure you can see why it's not applicable.) Or are you just being a troll?

Me: A troll? Naw. You're making videos to blast other peoples' works. Tell me who's the troll here.

Her: You lose, but thanks for playing.

Immediately after, she blocked me. Woman's not only a bitch but a hypocrite. Way to "rise to the challenge" there.

hooray for predictable irony!
18th Jun 2010, 9:51 AM #18
Linden
Uptown girl
Johnny Whoa:Look! Irony!

Her: Taking that at face value and assuming you're not just saying that to be a dickface. . . .
I am not going around the Internet claiming I have hordes waiting in line to buy my writing, so it's kind of moot. Not to mention I'm not a teenager. Not by a long, long shot. I'm 32.
Did you mean that comment honestly? (If so, I'm sure you can see why it's not applicable.) Or are you just being a troll?

Me: A troll? Naw. You're making videos to blast other peoples' works. Tell me who's the troll here.

Immediately after, she blocked me. Woman's not only a bitch but a hypocrite. Way to "rise to the challenge" there.

Hah, I read that before you were blocked. XD
18th Jun 2010, 9:56 AM #19
Ferix
the cat
Registration date: 4th Jan 2010
Linden:

Hah, I read that before you were blocked. XD

Same. I still like SwankiVY though >_>
18th Jun 2010, 10:06 AM #20
NarcoticVenus

Registration date: 4th Nov 2009

^^couldn't help feel the same way as you.^^
Realised that video was not the self published author, but someone bitchy about her. Kind of feel she's gone over the line there, so what if the girl's self published and used her dad's money, sure she MAY lie about her signings, etc; but this girl doing the video smacks of the very thing she detests in the other.
Forum > General discussion > Gloria Tesch makes me feel good about my writing.
Pages: [1] [2]