Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Comicfury, it's time we had a talk...

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Comicfury, it's time we had a talk...
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

"Comicfury, it's time we had a talk...", 15th Dec 2016, 3:15 AM #1
Milk
formerly Van Husk I
Registration date: 31st Jul 2014
"Listen, babe, I like you. Like--really, really like you. In fact it's because I like so much that I've got to sit you down and tell you something straight up. You have an addiction. An unhealthy obsession. You're addicted to the drama and you've got to stop. Most everything about you is amazing but you've got this trait that just poisons the well. It's not a cute and endearing quirk. Not by a long shot. It's a noxious and destructive darkness inside that will consume you if you don't get it in check. I'm telling you this because I care about you. Do something about it before it's too late. No matter what you do, please, just remember...

I love you...

I warned you. . ."
15th Dec 2016, 3:19 AM #2
Babble_ON
Han Solong
Registration date: 17th Feb 2013
YOU CHEATING BITCH

WHY DO YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES WHEN WE MAKE LOVE

Ohhh, sorry.

Thought you liked the drama.
15th Dec 2016, 3:19 AM #3
Text
Honey coated man's best acquaintance 🍎
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
Gonna come right out and say this: ComicFury also has a large obsession with pointing out problems and making no effort to fix them, end even sometimes shunning efforts taken to fix them. I don't want to get too into this, as it kind of annoys me to just think about and I could type up a freakin' essay over it, but that's a thing.

Pretty much, threads like this happen a lot, people talk about problems and how to fix them, but few people seem to make a personal effort to prevent those problems, whether it be by self-policing or whatever.
15th Dec 2016, 4:04 AM #4
biffboff

Registration date: 13th Jan 2012
Look, babe, it's not you; it's me.
I dunno. I probably just need to get a sense of humour. I take everything soooo seriously. You know what my problem is? I care too much. No, I do! I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'm hurt by the littlest things. I'm too sensitive. That's what I am: too sensitive.
I should talk about these things more but - I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, ya know?
I don't want anyone to hate me-

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What a bunch of ass-wipes! Burn in Hell, CF! BURN! Choke on a rancid horse cock while I play the world's smallest violin!

aaah... that feels better.
Good talk!

Same time next month?
15th Dec 2016, 4:07 AM #5
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
Seeen:Gonna come right out and say this: ComicFury also has a large obsession with pointing out problems and making no effort to fix them, end even sometimes shunning efforts taken to fix them. I don't want to get too into this, as it kind of annoys me to just think about and I could type up a freakin' essay over it, but that's a thing.

Pretty much, threads like this happen a lot, people talk about problems and how to fix them, but few people seem to make a personal effort to prevent those problems, whether it be by self-policing or whatever.

I was going to remark something along these lines, but considering the OP of the thread I think the whole idea behind it is hilarious. Husk you realize that you stirred up a lot of the recent drama, right? It's kind of a Pot and Kettle situation here.
15th Dec 2016, 4:20 AM #6
Spinneret
Whoa, who's this person?
Registration date: 21st Jul 2014
Eh, well hoe I never loved you. I just hit it quick that one time because I liked your darkness...tbh
The darker the berry, the sweeter the jizz--uh--juice.
15th Dec 2016, 4:51 AM #7
Sheik
smartest motherfucker around
Registration date: 5th Dec 2012
You can't read tone on an internet forum, so it's tricky to determine the OPs intent. But I mean, this is the med avenue sooo It's possible people are taking the thread more seriously than intended.

In any case I don't think drama is a bad thing per se as long as it's done the right way. It's boring having no drama at all and you don't learn anything only being around and listening to people who think exactly like you do.

Even getting a bit emotional is okay imo; It's part of the human condition, human beings rely on emotions to make decisions. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you stick to logical arguments. If you can't make an argument without using ad hocs or straw-man arguments etc. it's probably worth considering why.

That imo is generally the only time the drama's gone too far. You can always choose not to enter in to a discussion. You may well still be in the right, it's just when you get to that point you're not going to achieve anything other than pissing the other person off and making them dig their heels in. It's also okay to say something like "I understand where you're coming from but I respectfully disagree".
15th Dec 2016, 6:08 AM #8
harajuku_Smittle_
ride 'til I die shitposter
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
comic fury I love you, but your issues are like coal, always there to fuel discussions about your problems which is just in turn...just fuel more discussions about your problems... it's a self sufficient cycle... it's time for rehab cf, your coal problem is getting out of hand.
15th Dec 2016, 6:11 AM #9
Milk
formerly Van Husk I
P.S. Post hoc ergo propter hoc, CF. Post hoc, luv.
15th Dec 2016, 6:43 AM #10
biffboff

Van Husk I: Post hoc ergo propter hoc, CF. Post hoc, luv.

Are these the new non-binary gender pronouns we have to use now?
I wanna be a propter! It's sounds somewhere between chopper and proctologist.
That way I can have my own T.V. show: "biffboff: EMT Colorectal Surgeon!"
Imagine a cross between Magnum P.I. and Quincy but with more latex gloves and lube.

"This man didn't die from an impacted bowel - he was shot with a harpoon gun! Quick - to the Butt Chopper!"

Yeah, that'd be cool...

What are we talking about again?
15th Dec 2016, 8:33 AM #11
Spinneret
Whoa, who's this person?
Registration date: 21st Jul 2014
*Yawns*
So CF are you ready to close this one down yet? ...tick tick tock tick
15th Dec 2016, 1:54 PM #12
Xenocartographer
cruel map sap
Registration date: 13th Oct 2010
MistakeNPotatoes:I was going to remark something along these lines, but considering the OP of the thread I think the whole idea behind it is hilarious. Husk you realize that you stirred up a lot of the recent drama, right? It's kind of a Pot and Kettle situation here.

I'm going to assume this is in response to the "male appreciation thread" or w/e. If there's something else, please correct me. Otherwise...

It's really hard to gauge intent on the Internet. It's possible that the thread in question was intended to cause drama. On the other hand, it's also possible that it was intended as nothing other than a bit of fun. (People tend to follow trends, especially online. Notice how there were, what, three, maybe four increasingly silly spinoffs after that? It'd be hardly the first time someone riffed off an existing popular thread for no reason other than that it seemed funny at the time.) And I don't buy the argument that it's somehow dismissing the first thread or women's issues or that it's anti-equality or whatever, for the simple reason that CF is by and large gender-neutral and accepting and etc. already.

So, try to imagine this from Husk's perspective. You've got a bit of harmless fun that just blew up into a clusterfuck of everybody yelling at each other because someone decided to interpret it in the worst possible way, and now people are persecuting you for that.

I think you can see how that'd be pretty unfair, no?

Seeen:Gonna come right out and say this: ComicFury also has a large obsession with pointing out problems and making no effort to fix them, end even sometimes shunning efforts taken to fix them. I don't want to get too into this, as it kind of annoys me to just think about and I could type up a freakin' essay over it, but that's a thing.

With all due respect, while you're probably right, trying to shut down the discussion in the first place is even less effective.
15th Dec 2016, 1:59 PM #13
biffboff

cultofundesirables:*Yawns*
So CF are you ready to close this one down yet? ...tick tick tock tick

Hey, sleepy-head! WAKE UP!
You got a problem with this Thread, too?
You don't like it? Go take a nap. We'll wake you up when we're ready to close it down.

Or when the Mods exercise their new policy of unceremoniously shutting down Threads that "go off the rails". Yeah, that's the reason; suuuure it is....

"Oh oh, this Thread is off-topic! Shut it down! SHUT THEM ALL DOWN!"
15th Dec 2016, 3:24 PM #14
Xenocartographer
cruel map sap
The fact is, this forum drama is driving people away. I don't wanna be a doomsayer, but I do have to wonder how much of a community we're going to have if this keeps up.
15th Dec 2016, 3:39 PM #15
Milk
formerly Van Husk I
Thank you to those that aren't so quick to lynch me.

Van Husk I:I guess it's only fair to give the guys of CF a shoutout. Keep doin what you're doin, brahs. There are some damn fine comics out there that you've contributed to this glorious site!

Don't forget to appreciate them ladies, and everyone in between too! :D

If a post like this is read as if written with ill intent then I don't know what to say to you. This was never intended as anything more than an innocuous inclusion for another chunk of this community, regardless of what it became. Just read the bolded section. Pretty scandalous, huh?

Even Augusta was cool with my thread's existence. It was inclusive, something the larger whole of this community claims to be.

It's like someone brings milk to a group gathering to share. That's cool right? Awesome! But some people might like chocolate milk too so I bring it and even invite someone to bring strawberry milk. But rather than coexisting and acting like civil members of the group you knock the chocolate milk out of my hand, make a big mess, and proceed to blame the mess on me for bringing chocolate milk in the first place.

Take some personal responsibility for yourselves and your reactions to things. Stop sensationalizing harmless threads. Share the sandbox with your peers like you were raised with an ounce of decency in a civil society.

This didn't have to be a thing. You made it a thing.

It's all milk guys. Why do you really care if it comes in different flavors?

-----

On another note, how do you define 'derailing' a Med. Ave thread anyways?
15th Dec 2016, 3:43 PM #16
biffboff

I wonder how much of a "community" we had, if that's all it takes.
"You don't agree with me, I'm leaving! Imma go where people love and support and nurture me - until I disagree with them. Then I'm leaving there too!"
And that's why I'll be the Last Man Standing - I don't need CF's love, support and nurturing.
Eventually it will just be me and Kyo, locked in eternal mortal combat; like that episode of Star Trek:TOS.
At least we'll get to meet Captain Kirk! My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Merged Doublepost:

Van Husk I:On another note, how do you define 'derailing' a Med. Ave thread anyways?

For the most part, I find it depends on the bowel movement of the attending Mod. Some are more lactose intolerant than others at certain times of the day.
Matt was always kinda grumpy in the mornings.
15th Dec 2016, 3:51 PM #17
Xenocartographer
cruel map sap
I never said anyone had to agree with anyone. To the contrary, I said that the problem is that people don't get to disagree without someone getting pissy and then a mod locking the thread, and that hostility drives people away.
15th Dec 2016, 3:59 PM #18
biffboff

If "people don't get to disagree without someone getting pissy", then doesn't that mean they have to agree - or get pissy and leave?

I mean, I never said that you said "anyone had to agree with anyone." Sooo - why say "I never said anyone had to agree with anyone"? No-one said you did!
Who are you arguing against? What are you even talking about? WHY ARE YOU DENYING ME MY SUBJECTIVE VIEW ON MY OWN GENDER?! YOUR* NOT THE BOSS OF ME!
FUCK IT! I'M LEAVING!

*E:"YOU'RE" - stoopid contractions... AND FROM NOW ON "there" AND "they're" ARE SYNONYMOUS!
15th Dec 2016, 4:03 PM #19
Babble_ON
Han Solong
Registration date: 17th Feb 2013
Van Husk I:On another note, how do you define 'derailing' a Med. Ave thread anyways?

Didn't ya know?

Med Ave isn't for nonsense. It's for constructive nonsense. Because that is good and makes sense and hasn't been challenged every day since the beginning of time.
15th Dec 2016, 4:08 PM #20
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
@Husk - "Don't forget to appreciate them ladies, and everyone in between too! :D"

Honestly I read that as telling ladies and everyone else not to forget to appreciate men... with the way it was worded I don't think you can blame me, but if the thread was just meant to be goofy then I'm sorry for misunderstanding. You have to understand, somewhere, what you were doing, though. It was very much an "All lives matter" style post which is just like laying a minefield on an internet forum.