Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Mafia LXXIV: The Grinning Gator Inn

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > Mafia LXXIV: The Grinning Gator Inn
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [16]

5th Jan 2017, 1:15 AM #61
My Alt

Registration date: 23rd Oct 2015
Keljan:Ranger has died. She was the Wizard. Once per night phase, she could check another player’s alignment. She was aligned with the Adventurers.
I mean...
My Alt (roleplaying a wise investigator):Hmm. Clearly, drinking contests are something a monster would be unable to do, so I can discern that both Plasma and Xeno are therefore innocent. Arm wrestling is also an innocent enough activity, and thus I deduce that both Vellikat and Turquoise are indeed adventurers as they so claim.

It therefore must be deduced that within Trav/GMB/flute/Alpha/Nyomi/Sir bearington/Rem we have found our monstrous foes.

By this sound, foolproof logic, I deduce that chatting amicably is a sign of suspicion, whereas discussing adventures is a risky business for a monster who mustn't actually embark on such an endeavor. The watching excitedly is, however, most suspicious of all, as surely they would not be watching unless they were expecting something.

As a result, I deduce that we have 3-4 monsters among our midst, and that Trav, GMB, Rem, and Sir Bearington are them.

Flawless!
You can't exactly say...
My Alt:But in the interest of self-preservation, I too can mount a defense: When is lynching Ranger on D1 (which your vote helps to accomplish) ever a good thing?

Seriously, even if I were mafia, via the alliances I love to set up, I would bleed extra info. But I don't bleed that info on D1 because there's no info for me to bleed. I'm still in the process of setting said alliances up. It isn't until D2 at the earliest you get the juicy stuff from me, so regardless of my alignment, lynching me on D1 is a Very Bad Idea.

Also. I am ridiculously lynchable. Like, RIDICULOUSLY lynchable. You can lynch me literally any day phase in literally any game because people naturally are distrustful of me and my mysterious magical ways. Lynching me D1 is, frankly...a waste. A really really big waste. Also not a lot of fun, since I stopped recording necrochats ages ago, meaning a dead Ranger really doesn't have much of a purpose at all especially not on D1.

If you wanted me to give you something like a list, it's a little hard to do off of what we have right now. If you wanted me to give you reasons, tough luck; only those in an alliance with me would get those and as I said I'm still in the process of setting things up. If you wanted me to give you reasons not to lynch me, it's day one so this is about the best I can give you. If you wanted me to roleclaim or even softclaim, game rules forbid that so I can't do that. So I'm not sure what you were really expecting as far as interesting reactions go.

All I can really say is that it's a bad idea to lynch me D1, and that I'm not mafia, but that defense is no different from any other player's defense at this point so really I have to ask what exactly you were hoping to accomplish by making me the leading lynch candidate.
...That I didn't tell you...
My Alt:All three current lynches are on town.
If you wonder how I know this much about the game: magic.
Specifically, Ranger magic. Because that's a thing, yo.
...Because...
My Alt:Who said anything about predictions?
Now vagueness, sure, yeah, that I'm doing a plenty. I'm RANGER. Mysterious mysticism is what I do. Wouldn't be me without it. All the same, my magical prowess is going to be shown true, when given time.
...I did warn you...
My Alt:My mystical vagueness would stop the mafia from being able to maneuver and yes you very much WILL regret this especially if you're town because I'm quite possibly the only one here capable of keeping heat off of you for this very very very bad move, Xeno.
...That it was a really, really, REALLY bad idea to lynch me.

Maybe, just maybe, when I say it's a Very Bad Idea to lynch me...
I mean it's a really freakin' bad idea to lynch me.

When have you EVER seen me be this defensive in a game before?
If I was a vanilla adventurer, I'd eat the death and be done. I NEVER vote for self-preservation, in fact, I usually do the OPPOSITE and will vote for something that condemns myself on principle alone, so the fact that I was voting for self-preservation should have told you...I had very good reason to vote in the name of self-preservation.

And I warned you EVERY step of the way about this.
Literally every step of the way. These are just my public posts; private PMs make it even clearer just how much I warned people of this.

I meant it when I said "don't lynch me", and while I couldn't roleclaim, I did everything short thereof telling you WHY it was a mistake to lynch me.
5th Jan 2017, 1:21 AM #62
Shrek
unabashed sycophant
Registration date: 10th Jan 2016
Why does Ranger flip Seer/Mafia all the time?

It's just really weird.

My biggest problem with you, Ranger was the contradiction between this game and a few others.

Here, you say you're 'an easy target' and 'tend to bleed info a lot'.

But in other games, you call yourself stuff like "the QUEEN of Mafia."

It was just a bit more sus than I would have liked. Combine that with the fact that a Pro wagon started nearly as soon as you were in danger, it was enough to warrant a vote from me. No hard feelings. Sorry.
5th Jan 2017, 1:30 AM #63
AAABatteries
Taking charge
Registration date: 18th Feb 2012
the fact that we lynched the seer sucks, but that still doesn't explain naming certain players as definitely town/maf. I can kind of understand saying that the leading wagons were town, as they generally are, but myself and Turq?
???
?

and uh
don't worry ranger we'll manage
5th Jan 2017, 1:36 AM #64
Turquoise
Not blue, not green, something inbetween
Registration date: 4th Aug 2014
Like I said. If she was the oracle then it was a 'meh' point. Just means we have to work harder to get that sweet loot!
5th Jan 2017, 1:49 AM #65
AlphaCalibri
formerly AlphaEmerald
Registration date: 30th Apr 2015
Seer's gone, eh?
on day 1 too.

not the best start, but we can manage.
5th Jan 2017, 1:55 AM #66
Vellikat
formerly Velocit Ee
Registration date: 31st Dec 2010
Imbeciles.
5th Jan 2017, 2:19 AM #67
Bizfurd
formerly ProRevo128
Registration date: 17th Mar 2016
Crap.

We lost the wizard.
5th Jan 2017, 2:25 AM #68
Xenocartographer
formerly Biophysicist
Registration date: 13th Oct 2010
Huh. Well, it's important to have traditions, I guess.

Shrek:My biggest problem with you, Ranger was the contradiction between this game and a few others.

Here, you say you're 'an easy target' and 'tend to bleed info a lot'.

But in other games, you call yourself stuff like "the QUEEN of Mafia."

It was just a bit more sus than I would have liked. Combine that with the fact that a Pro wagon started nearly as soon as you were in danger, it was enough to warrant a vote from me. No hard feelings. Sorry.

Ah, there we go! Gosh, yes, this dichotomy is exactly what's been bugging me. Gj, Shrek. If I'm honest, I think Ranger's posts also can come off as "I am the best player and town can't possibly win without me", and I'm sure she doesn't intend to sound smug like that, but it happens.
5th Jan 2017, 3:07 AM #69
Keljan
bovine, so fine
Registration date: 31st Jul 2015
Sorry, I forgot to mention

22 hours until the next the Day Phase from this post
5th Jan 2017, 3:30 AM #70
Sample_Text
Sample_Usertitle
Registration date: 19th May 2016
Fuck we lost the most broken class in the game, how are we going do destroy all the fun in DM puzzles and deal elemental damage now?

But seriously tho this hecking sucks
UPDATE STATUS: HIATUS BC TRAV IS A LAZY D-BAG
5th Jan 2017, 3:35 AM #71
AAABatteries
Taking charge
actually, while we're at it, anyone wanna speculate about what classes would be what roles? it might give us an idea of what to expect

my bet's on guardian-ish cleric
5th Jan 2017, 3:36 AM #72
Sample_Text
Sample_Usertitle
Registration date: 19th May 2016
I would think that the guardian would be a Paladin or fighter

Im leaning on the side of retributionist cleric
UPDATE STATUS: HIATUS BC TRAV IS A LAZY D-BAG
5th Jan 2017, 6:18 AM #73
RemoveraPersona
as seen on ComicFury
Registration date: 2nd Jul 2014
Remma went up the stairs to her room, lightly. Of course, the door was not locked. Many people from the town knew her very well, though she was likely to travel around from town to town, and would often come into her room unannounced. This was no problem for her.
See, Remma was not quite an adventurer- you could tell by her soft hands that she didn't know the toil of hard labor, and had had no need to strain herself with heavy lifting. She had a different type of trade entirely. And tonight, as the sky darkened and a low murmur could be heard from the floor below and a few of the rooms nearby, it was still early enough for her to do her job. Thankfully, the walls were pretty thick, so any noise from a visitor would be silenced pretty well.

She spotted someone in her room.

"Please, sit down," she said, pointing to a chair. "Let me bring you some tea."

She locked the door behind her, so that there would be no outside interference, and went over to the plain samovar filled with hot water that she kept on a nightstand. She could tell the person was nervous; perhaps there was something they really needed to get off their chest.

"Would you like some sugar with this~?"
Of course, that was a loaded question.
Of course, the answer was yes.

Remma poured a couple small teaspoons of sugar into the cup and mixed it around with a dainty spoon. When she was done mixing, she brought a platter of daintily made cookies and a fancy looking cup towards the person, as she did to everyone that visited. She wouldn't dare call them customers, seeing as it would feel improper given her profession. These were fairly personal matters, and on a similar note, anything her visitors would tell her stayed between her and them.

"Now, don't be afraid to tell me; what are you here for?"

~143~
5th Jan 2017, 7:11 PM #74
Keljan
bovine, so fine
6 hours until Phase End. Get those role actions in!

Merged Doublepost:

Phase Closed!

Flav will have to wait until I get back from work.
6th Jan 2017, 3:23 AM #75
AAABatteries
Taking charge
if you need an unmerger here it is
6th Jan 2017, 5:32 PM #76
Keljan
bovine, so fine
Flav later. Sorry.

Rem has died. They were the Cleric. Once per night phase, they could protect another player from being killed. They were aligned with the Adventurers.

It is now Day 2. Start voting.

Ranger has privately messaged Shrek.
Inky has privately messaged Shrek.
Nyomi has privately messaged Shrek.
Rem has privately messaged Shrek.
Batts has privately messaged Shrek.
6th Jan 2017, 5:55 PM #77
Turquoise
Not blue, not green, something inbetween
Registration date: 4th Aug 2014
The Guardian curse is Strong. How many games in a row has the shield gotten taken within the first few days now? 4?

Plus the Seer too. This game just spiked up in difficulty now.
6th Jan 2017, 5:59 PM #78
Xenocartographer
formerly Biophysicist
it keeps happening

Merged Doublepost:

Okay, so, Rem's an odd N1 kill. This suggests

1) a primarily novice Mafia;
2) that someone had a particular reason to want her dead; or
3) that the hit was intended as a distraction.

D1 tends to be chaotic and silly and Rem didn't do anything that particularly stood out, and the Mafia couldn't have any particular information on her via role powers during N1, so that partially rules out case 2, but more on this later.

Looking at the player list, the only unequivocally new player is Trav (I think). Pro and Alpha are fairly new and my sense is that they play pretty chaotically. flute and AAA have played before, but not recently, so they're arguable. I wouldn't expect flute to hit Rem N1, however. Thus, from case 1, I'm slightly suspicious of Pro, Alpha, and AAA.

But the third possibility is the one that most interests me. Hitting random targets to confound analysis is a well-known Mafia strategy, and once again in line with Pro and Alpha's playstyles. But what's really got me interested is Turqoise. As Mafia, he tends to fly under the radar and make trick plays; a D1 abstain plus a N1 fringe kill are in line with both, respectively.

As such, exploratory vote on Turquoise. Confirmed town Ranger's sus of him is in no way a factor, nope.
6th Jan 2017, 6:39 PM #79
Shrek
unabashed sycophant
Registration date: 10th Jan 2016
Pro. Turq always abstains on D1.

Merged Doublepost:

Here's my list:

Pro
Xeno
Plasma
Vellikat
Flute
Batts
Inky
Nyomi
Alpha
GMB
Trav
Turquoise
Me

Weegee is an evil vegger.

When Alpha votes late in the phase, he's mafia.

Merged Doublepost:

Don't forget to keep PMing me your suspicions.

(Also, Keljan, I think you missed posting who PMed me.)
6th Jan 2017, 6:59 PM #80
Xenocartographer
formerly Biophysicist
I can get behind a Pro lynch for the reasons I already gave.