Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - MINECRAFTFURY! [version 2017][circa 2006]

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Forum games > MINECRAFTFURY! [version 2017][circa 2006]
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

"MINECRAFTFURY! [version 2017][circa 2006]", 10th Jan 2017, 2:40 AM #1
Meed

Registration date: 24th Aug 2011
Merry Christmas and a happy new year, furians old and new. If you missed the signup thread, whitelisting may be in effect, but you can still join.

Welcome to the main thread of MINECRAFTFURY, the server we insist that you unleash your artistic rage on the caps lock button.

It is time to reintroduce the grand old pastime of furians past (enter the hall of your 80+ or so predecessors* retired and active, to quest in a land of magic and mushrooms) as your host for this years Minecraft server, everyone's favorite virtually useless time garbage shoot, or autism simulator, depending on how you may look at it.

As with all old versions going back to 2009 this server will be run totally vanilla with a few gamerules tweaked, which may sound like an oxymoron, but I swear it isn't. Keeping in spirit of the prior servers and in case you thought I was joking - I'm not - we are in fact playing slightly altered vanilla survival mode. This is a continuation of that prior community minecraft, as I have taken over hosting the annual activity since Kyo with the minor exception of 2015, a year in which I was plagued with many personal issues.

ARE YOU READY TO UNLEASH THE MINING RAGE?

Inbox me for the IP if you are a late joiner.. If you want to be added to the list then ask below.

RULES
1. No Griefing: Don't destroy/change other people's current/old builds. This is going be based on the honor system. Main hubs will be able to be claimed but at some point you will 1. run out of claimency for territory, or 2. build an outpost that I recommend against claiming beyond signs.
2. No Stealing
3. No hurt feelings or offensive language. To be specific, do not disparage others with racial language. Otherwise, I run a freedom-of-speech platform, you may voice your opinion but I recommend you kindly respect others notions, otherwise you will be kicked in the event a majority of the players discretely or otherwise report problems with you. Three strike rule will apply.
4. 420 smoke weed er'day

MODERATORS LIST
1. Meed (Admin)
2. Biegarth

Upon signing your livelihood away below, enter the main discussion thread.

PLAYER LIST

List subject to expansion if cap is reached, in which 5 more slots will open.

1. Meed
2. ChronicHat
3. Rokulily
4. Sheik
5. tjblazer85
6. RJDG14
7. Product Placement
8. phoenixjklin
9. Trad
10. Keljan
11. GMB13carat
12. Nama
13. Seen
14. Sample Text
15. RazorD9
16. Seabiscuit
17. Spaces
18. Monday
19. Fubar
21. GoodOlFox
22. RyoshiMicchi
23. AJHunter

(Max got bumped to 40, so I don't think space will be an issue to expand the list)

GAMERULES (Subject to change)
1. Mob's can no longer grief (do environmental damage).
2. Inventory drops now are reclaimed upon death.
3. Fixed the area that could not be interacted with (doors and enchanting table not working). Bukkit is now accessible.

FUTURE GAMERULES

4. The server now will have a dedicated warp system.
5. Territory claiming will be added to the game (1/9/17)

*Do you really think I keep tabs? I'm guesstimating here.
10th Jan 2017, 2:42 AM #2
Nama
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎
Registration date: 15th Nov 2012
Now that this is official I shall join soon.
10th Jan 2017, 5:47 AM #3
Sheik
smartest motherfucker around
Registration date: 5th Dec 2012
I'm out of time to play on the map and I mean it this time. The dungeon I was making at spawn is supposed to be an escape quest if anyone wants to complete it. It's mostly done. Just a few pointers:

- The descent pit is basically complete, it just needs lava at the bottom.

- There's a pressure pad just past the iron door in the dungeon that's supposed to activate a command block informing the player they've started the quest. Maybe even giving them an option to tp out if they don't want to do it.

- I haven't planned the layout very well at all. I think the guard house needs to be moved, but Meed will probably want to sign off on that... it's a mess what I've got there sorry.

- It's supposed to be against the rules to add or remove blocks when completing the quest.

See if you can figure out what I'm talking about if you want to work on it. I don't want to give away spoilers.
11th Jan 2017, 2:28 AM #4
Meed

Sheik:I'm out of time to play on the map and I mean it this time. The dungeon I was making at spawn is supposed to be an escape quest if anyone wants to complete it. It's mostly done. Just a few pointers:

- The descent pit is basically complete, it just needs lava at the bottom.

- There's a pressure pad just past the iron door in the dungeon that's supposed to activate a command block informing the player they've started the quest. Maybe even giving them an option to tp out if they don't want to do it.

- I haven't planned the layout very well at all. I think the guard house needs to be moved, but Meed will probably want to sign off on that... it's a mess what I've got there sorry.

- It's supposed to be against the rules to add or remove blocks when completing the quest.

See if you can figure out what I'm talking about if you want to work on it. I don't want to give away spoilers.

Hope you land that job son :)
11th Jan 2017, 9:41 PM #5
RJDG14

Registration date: 23rd Sep 2014
I want to build a venue of some sort in which we can host some kind of event at, either the "Minecraftfury Games", the inarguaration of Donald Trump or something else. We can try and get 10-20 users online at a particular time.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
12th Jan 2017, 1:58 AM #6
Meed

RJDG14:I want to build a venue of some sort in which we can host some kind of event at, either the "Minecraftfury Games", the inarguaration of Donald Trump or something else. We can try and get 10-20 users online at a particular time.

An amphitheatre would be cool, I'd sanction an area for that around spawn
12th Jan 2017, 1:13 PM #7
xianyu118
Couldn't handle the stink after all
Registration date: 6th Aug 2012
Are you going to demolish the birch forest for that? I was initially thinking of trying to construct a modern building of some sort there, but an amphitheater would be great. Especially if we can conduct sacrifices there.
12th Jan 2017, 3:42 PM #8
RJDG14

I was thinking of building it more in the savanna area given it's flat and has tall hills surrounding it. However, I've already built a simpler wooden seating stand there, so would that do?

15th Jan 2017, 2:08 PM #9
xianyu118
Maybe? Just do it, I think.
Also, is there a minecart system up and running? My subtitles keep saying things like "Minecart rolls" whenever I'm in my house.
21st Jan 2017, 5:45 PM #10
RyoshiMicchi

Registration date: 23rd Oct 2010
I meant to sign up ealier but now I missed the signup, can I still join?
MC name is Sunnymelon
22nd Jan 2017, 5:36 PM #11
Meed

RyoshiMicchi:I meant to sign up ealier but now I missed the signup, can I still join?
MC name is Sunnymelon

Yes you can. Pm me for the IP

As for everyone else the computer build was a great success. I'll post a picture when I get a chance, but now I'm able to have a reliable computer use schedule.
22nd Jan 2017, 6:07 PM #12
xianyu118
Is it possible to let snow golems do some mob griefing? I need the snow they make.

Also, we're trying to raid the Nether fortress for blaze rods but dying up to 100 times in a row is taxing us psychologically. Can we plan a raid together or have fire-resistance potions to tide us over with that issue?
23rd Jan 2017, 6:28 PM #13
RJDG14

Can you put some blaze rods into a chest in the castle? I can't fight them easily without the right potions, and even then they're virtually impossible to fight. Also, what time are you online GMT (your timezone +8)? I haven't seen you around at all in the past couple of weeks.

23rd Jan 2017, 7:28 PM #14
Product Placement

Registration date: 15th May 2011
xianyu118:Is it possible to let snow golems do some mob griefing? I need the snow they make.

Oh, right. I mentioned this in the signup thread but Meed wanted me to post this here as well, for some reason.

The problem with the "MobGriefing off" command is that it doesn't just disable creepers and enderman. It disables all mobs, including Villagers and Snow Golems.

In order to fix this, Meeb needs to install the EssentialsProtect plugin, which is an extension to the Essentials package.

This will give him access to a configuration settings, that would allow him to disable specific things, like Creepers and TNT blowing up blocks or Endermen picking up things, while allowing Villagers to farm and Snow Golems to leave tracks everywhere.

xianyu118:Also, we're trying to raid the Nether fortress for blaze rods but dying up to 100 times in a row is taxing us psychologically. Can we plan a raid together or have fire-resistance potions to tide us over with that issue?

When we were playing on the last server (the one with the factory stuff) we managed to box in one of the Blaze spawners. Takes a bit of an effort, but once you're done building a thick enough of a wall around it, the blazers can only spawn within the box, allowing you to fight them in a confined area.
23rd Jan 2017, 7:46 PM #15
RJDG14

Can you help me box in one of them? I know where they are.

Merged Doublepost:

UPDATE: I've managed to kill some blazes!

30th Jan 2017, 1:45 PM #16
xianyu118
Might be just me, but the server seems to be offline. Or do I have to get to better wifi?
30th Jan 2017, 7:02 PM #17
RJDG14

I live halfway around the world, and I'm having exactly the same problem. Everyone will be.

31st Jan 2017, 2:35 AM #18
Monday
don't tread on me
Registration date: 7th Jan 2014
Yep, likewise.

I guess there's nothing between me and doing my homework now, dammit.
10th Feb 2017, 11:19 AM #19
Meed

The server should be running as of last week. Let me know if it isn't
11th Feb 2017, 6:54 PM #20
RJDG14

It's fine now :)

Anyway, given Mojang are very tolerant of people posting stuff online about the game that isn't commercial/redistribuion, I was thinking of starting a community site, probably a subdomain within my "RJDG14 Online" domain (rjdg14.altervista.org), so at rjdg14.altervista.org/minecraftfury. If I do, I'll explain that the server is only for users of ComicFury, but anyone can join if they have an interest in webcomics and/or art. Let me know what you think. I think it would be a fun thing for me to create, and I we could alert people about upcoming events in a more central way than on the forum.

Forum > Forum games > MINECRAFTFURY! [version 2017][circa 2006]
Pages: [1] [2] [3]