Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Movies that you hate but everyone else likes

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Movies that you hate but everyone else likes
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

"Movies that you hate but everyone else likes", 12th Jan 2017, 3:48 AM #1
KarToon12

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
So you ever have those couple movies that you can't stand, but everyone else seems to love? Well, in this video, I talk about ten of those very films that kind of annoy me, and my puzzlement over why everyone else seems to go gaga over them. This is the first time I'm experimenting with being on camera in order to conquer my stage fright. No rehearsal. No script. Just me and the camera blabbing for an hour.

Thetop10moviesIhatethateveryonelikes

So what are YOUR thoughts, guys? What are some movies and/or TV shows that you can't stand, yet everyone else praises as the greatest thing ever?
12th Jan 2017, 4:01 AM #2
Shannon

Registration date: 28th May 2011
One movie I hate is "Christmas Story". I don't know, it's just mean-spirited from beginning to end, I don't like anybody, and it leaves me feeling cold.

No offense to anyone who likes it, of course.

12th Jan 2017, 4:03 AM #3
Epiale

Registration date: 29th Oct 2014
Doctor Who, and Star Wars. Can't stand either personally(hate Doctor Who more, honestly, but I'm growing to resent being drowned in a movie franchise I find mediocre as well), and get crucified if I mention that anywhere near a geek community. If you like them rad, but I'm not a fan.

Also not a huge fan of Steven Universe, honestly, though that has less to do with me thinking it's bad, and more to do with me thinking it's kind of wildly inappropriate for a kids show.

Also wouldn't really call Frozen a well loved movie. I've seen WAY more people hate it, than like it.
12th Jan 2017, 4:15 AM #4
keltyzoid!
Unless something better's on TV!
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
any given Disney movie, especially Hunchback of Notre Dame. it had such promise and failed on it so badly that i cringe throughout, except for Frollo.

i agree with Epi that SU is too inappropriate for kids. rape allegories, much?
12th Jan 2017, 4:17 AM #5
Rulerbrain
blew up the Gravy Train
Registration date: 9th Jun 2015
Only one I can think of right now is No Country for Old Men. It's fine if people look at it as a good drama, but I just saw a lot of boring fucking around.
12th Jan 2017, 4:26 AM #6
Babble_ON
Han Solong
Registration date: 17th Feb 2013
Marvel movies. But especially Guardians of the Galaxy. They're all variations on the same formula and require too much knowledge of the Marvel universe/lexicon to be enjoyable or exciting. Good guys fight bad guys. Good guys forget friendship and things turn bad. Good guys remember friendship and use it to defeat underdeveloped bad guy man and stop him from acquiring the nebulous power object/objective.

Also Chris Pratt is a cringeworthy cock with no charisma.
12th Jan 2017, 4:53 AM #7
Shrek
unabashed sycophant
Registration date: 10th Jan 2016
The Force Awakens and Rogue One.
12th Jan 2017, 5:27 AM #8
Jean_Q_Citizen

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Tennant Who is overrated. The Donna stuff is good, but the Rose stuff is mostly cringeworthy, and the Martha stuff is just meh. Actually, Rose in general. And Clara.

See? I can say bad things about Who. Except for Troughton. Speak ill of my Acting God, and we must fight.

Edit: Since the OP said movies, um...Gone With The Wind? Okay-ish, but I've never seen what the big deal's all about. I think you have to be Southern, or something.
12th Jan 2017, 5:39 AM #9
Megatronski

Registration date: 17th Jan 2016
Superhero movies, the Marvel films more than anything. I mean, I liked phase 1, all the movies leading up to the Avengers... but I feel like they should've ended there.
12th Jan 2017, 6:14 AM #10
junoro
So much to do in one lifetime
Registration date: 10th Jun 2014
Yeah, what Megatronski said. Some of the later Marvel movies still have some charm to me, but the big buildup was The Avengers, and now that we've had a sequel, they need to up their game a lot to make it exciting again.

Also... idk if this counts as 'hate', but I've never been able to finish Howl's Moving Castle. I've tried like 3 times, and I just get midway through and my interest kind of peters out. At least I read all the book and loved it :'D
12th Jan 2017, 8:20 AM #11
The Letter M

Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Star trek (the abrams one) what a huge mess of a plot, relying on contrivance after contrivance. The characters were crappy pantomime versions of what they were supposed to be. Kirk's hands on badboy thing turned up to 200 for no reason so now he steals cars and starts bar fights before everyone decides he really needs to be in command of a starship. Just a disaster but when I walked out everyone loved it and I heard it had some outrageous rotten tomato score. It was like I'd gone through the looking glass.

I'm also right up there with the doctor who hate. Every episode is the same plot (doctor meets disposable humans, zombie of some sort picks them off one by one, doctor reverses it at last second, everyone gives him metaphorical oral sex) and the doctor's character seems like the "friend of a friend" that you hope doesn't show up to a party. Just a twee jerk....

I love zombies and I love twee...they just manage to ruin both.

Oh and the transformers movies. Jesus god balls. I loved transformers before they got Bay all over them. I think the reason I despise these things is that they each ruined something that I loves.

12th Jan 2017, 10:00 AM #12
JasonD

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2016
The Room.

For real, fuck that film.

I'm also in a Fall Out Boy cover band.

12th Jan 2017, 10:02 AM #13
The Letter M

Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Haaaaaah. Oh hai

12th Jan 2017, 11:49 AM #14
temclaughlin

Registration date: 26th Jun 2015
2001: A Space Odyssey. I love sci-fi. I love space and stories set in space and thoughtful movies and all my life everyone has been praising this movie as the apex of the genre, and I could barely make it through. I can't help but notice that whenever I mention that, people come out of the woodwork to explain to me how it all actually made sense because in the book...and I check out because, frankly, if you can't make the movie stand on its own, then you shouldn't make the movie. In fact, aside from Doctor Strangelove, I'm pretty sure Kubrick is wildly overrated in general. I guess A Clockwork Orange and The Shining were alright, but I've never watched either one a second time.

The reboot Star Trek movies have been mentioned, and as such, I would like to point out that I kind of like them on their own, I don't think they're necessarily bad movies, it's more that the first two don't feel anything like Star Trek. They're bad Star Trek. The third one is better, but still a bit off.
12th Jan 2017, 11:54 AM #15
Bolderousness
Contrarian
Registration date: 27th Jan 2012
Off the top of my head, Episodes 5 and 6 of Star Wars. I'd say the series, but I liked Episode 4 for what it was, I loved Rogue One, and Episode 7 is a love or hate at this point. Then there's the prequels...
12th Jan 2017, 1:37 PM #16
Respheal
⚡ Bzz ⚡
Registration date: 4th Jun 2016
Starship Troopers. It seems to be pretty polarizing but I keep hearing people mentioning they liked it. The only part I did like was the commercial(?)/propaganda scenes, which I thought were pretty apt satire (Might've been training or recruitment videos or something, it's been a while).

Also: Rubber. Just wtf.
12th Jan 2017, 1:50 PM #17
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
I detest James Bond. Yes all of them. He's such an unlikable character who does unlikable things. I just don't like what those films were made to be. I just don't care about him.

Additionally, Star Wars is boring, and without needing to get too specific, I have hated every single war film I've ever seen.
12th Jan 2017, 2:46 PM #18
jolle

Registration date: 2nd May 2014
Superhero movies. I find them boring, predictable and often pusssified version of the original comic.

Also, Star Wars. The original three movies are fine, but I don't understand why this series has such a massive fanbase. It's nothing special in my mind.
Escape Velocity
12th Jan 2017, 2:55 PM #19
azureXtwilight

Registration date: 18th Apr 2015
I can't bring myself to like Ghibli movies. IDK if it's the artstyle, but I still think the tracks are wonderful.
Also to second Jammy, James Bond movies. Just whut.
12th Jan 2017, 2:58 PM #20
Seabiscuit
mattress of pork aspiration
Referrals: 1
Registration date: 14th Jan 2014
Rulerbrain:Only one I can think of right now is No Country for Old Men. It's fine if people look at it as a good drama, but I just saw a lot of boring fucking around.

Hahahah. Gonna go with this one as well. I can handle boring, but by the end this just felt pointless instead. Especially the ending. Watched it with a friend and we both felt trolled.

Other'n that... The Transformer movies? I just couldn't get into them. I mean, someone out there must like them if they're still being made, or something.

I dunno how loved it is, but I absolutely despised Predestination.
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]