Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - COTCA: a Jewish occult comic

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > COTCA: a Jewish occult comic
Pages: [1]

"COTCA: a Jewish occult comic", 10 days ago, 11:34 PM #1
WanderingJew♀

Referrals: 0
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
I guess it only makes sense to post in here, huh? Anyways, my comic is Comedy of the Carrion Angels.
Synopsis:
Lionel is an annoyed old man. He also has cloven-hooved feet. An immortal warlock, he retires from his long-standing law career. He plans to enjoy the finer things of life, such as pizza, booze, spooky-wooky occult practices, beating up MAGIC NORMIES and maybe a card game or two with his brother. However, his father (possible vampire?), a scheming, Jewish funeral baron with mob and occult connections, wants grandchildren and is determined to get his way.

My genre is horror, specifically Jewish occult horror, with political tones (specifically about the politics of Abrahamic religions). I only have 10 pages so far, so I can't really say that the genre reflects the current material.
I can, however, promise that there will be MAGIC-UH, DEMONS, and lots of Jewfros.

Jewish occultism or Jewish horror is a genre rarely explored. Most stories about demons and spiritualism are either from a Christian perspective, or a Christian perspective in which the main character is trying to exorcise demons or fight Satan. My goal is to create a story that isn't so black-and-white in it's perspective, but also a more interesting exploration of Jewish themes and symbols that are often portrayed from a Christian view.

My comic would most likely be appropriate for people who enjoy Hammer Horror, Jewish lore and mysticism.
9 days ago, 12:25 AM #2
kyrtuck♂

Registration date: 19th Sep 2016
So....Kabbalists?
9 days ago, 12:34 AM #3
WanderingJew♀

Kabbalah, Lesser Keys, other Middle Age occult rituals and practices.
9 days ago, 5:30 PM #4
a.c.i.d.

Registration date: 26th Mar 2017
I read and found it interesting. Subbed. ^.^ Oddly, Lionel's impression reminded me very strongly of my French grandmother.
One week ago, 5:30 AM #5
WanderingJew♀

Ah, thank you! Greatly appreciate it! Hopefully the rest of the comic will be enjoyable.
3 days ago, 9:17 AM #6
WanderingJew♀

Working on the next pages! Have to do quite a bit of perspective, so I can't guarantee the next few pages will be out soon.

But have a little nod to the famous French Jewish artist, Serge Gainsbourg.