Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Antisemitism accusations

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Antisemitism accusations
Pages: [1] [2]

"Antisemitism accusations", 19th Jun 2017, 12:46 AM #1
WanderingJew
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Just wanted to let you guys know in an open way instead of being a coward and hiding behind an anon mask.

You've done it. You've fulfilled the curse.
I chose my username because it's symbolic to me as someone who's been personally attacked for spiritual and racial reasons, and it resonates with the Jewish people of being forced to become sort of nomadic after the diaspora and moving from place to place in eternal suffering, waiting for a messiah or better. You've fulfilled the Wandering Jew curse by accusing me of being something I'm not, a bugbear or monster, and trying to chase me out. While it does have antisemitic implications when used in the wrong context, it also refers to this curse of doomed suffering.
Even more ironic, the Wandering Jew plant is sometimes used as a safeguard against curses and negativity thrown or placed upon you by witches. It also kills cats, so don't let your cat eat one of these plants, but that's not the point.
It also has symbolic scapegoat implications on my comic, but again, that's not the point here.

Faceless accusations that I'm racist and antisemitic, but you don't understand what it's when an entire government and school system justifies bombing and killing innocents and throwing people into camps based on just the fact they're Japanese or have Japanese ancestry. You don't understand what it's like having family members who were killed at Pearl Harbor, having your great grandparents despise you for something you're not guilty of, being called things like a Japan****r. At the same time, I'm not accepted by the Japanese because I "look too white" and even have an aquiline nose (the "Jew nose"). At the same time, having a bit of Ashkenazi and Sephardic background, in which those people fled places like France, Germany, etc. and attempted to cover their tracks by pretending to be Catholic, marrying into Catholic families, trashing their entire culture and tradition in order to live.

You also don't understand the implications that, even though I do have Jewish blood, a Jewish family would never accept me and consider me a shiksa (a slur, which comes from sheket, which means abomination). And a lot of Jewish families, practicing or not, won't tolerate their sons marrying a goy, especially one with as mixed up a background as me. It's extremely taboo, and even more so considering the other half of my family, the Japanese side, are Shinto and our clan's descended from the Shinto priestly families. Meanwhile, my mom's adoptive paternal family are strict Catholics. I was raised to be Catholic, but my mom practices things like voodoo, Santeria and other forms of pagan magic. It's a clusterfuck.

It's spiritual and social suicide, really. I'm not religious, but for a Jewish man to be attracted to, date and marry someone like me, it can cause a lot of problems. It's doomed from the start. It's immensely cruel irony. Especially when you add in the fact my mom's essentially a witch, and by association and having interest in that subject (hence my interests in the Jewish occult), I technically am as well.
That's pushing aside, again, the racial implications.

My Jew jokes have never been as bad as "gas the Jews" or "haha kill all Jews". That makes me uncomfortable too. If what I've said makes you so uncomfortable, confront me personally. But what they are is self-deprecating ironic humor that helps me cope with my pessimism in life and with my struggles with my racial identity. It's also to cope with the fact that I desperately want something that I can't have, because it's selfish to the other person. I don't think a relationship is worth very much if it can damage your partner's relationship with their family or put them in a position where an entire community can rally up and ostracize them, if they religiously practice or not.

So, in your attempt to be anti-racist, break barriers and promote diversity, you've lost the point. I'm sure my accusers will not do so much as acknowledge my race or background. Again, you're just fulfilling the curse and continuously turning the wheel that spews suffering and hatred out into the world.

This part is under a spoiler because it does spoil a huge chunk of my comic:

To the mods: please, if possible, keep this thread open, or at the very least, keep it up. If I'm such a threat to society, I think it would be best for people to confront me in a civil manner and encourage discussion instead of backstabbing.
19th Jun 2017, 1:21 AM #2
Babble_ON
Han Solong
Registration date: 17th Feb 2013
Finally somebody who talks about things headon and in the open.

20pts to Gryffindor.

If you can't even talk shit behind the INHERENT anonymity of just being a faceless username on a forum, and you have to take it to tumblr, you're a fucking coward.

Anyways, good thread.
19th Jun 2017, 1:22 AM #3
Respheal
⚡ Bzz ⚡
Registration date: 4th Jun 2016
So I'll admit that your work does kinda make me uncomfortable. I'm not big on vulgarity, language, nudity, sexual content....yeah. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

But can I just say that the premise sounds really good? Also TIL Wandering Jew is a plant. I learned something today :D

I'm sorry you've had to put up with crap here, but I do appreciate that you made this post cuz it does help me (and hopefully others) understand better where your work is coming from and I can totally respect that. The fact that you were kinda backed into it--not cool. If anything, it's a lesson in eschewing ignorance (considering half a second's googling would have turned up the plant info) and considering misunderstandings > malice. The forums have a bit of a history of trolling as well, so sometimes users take things the wrong way, incorrectly attributing malice.

Anyway, I was a little woogly around you because I didn't understand. Sorry :C Mostly though I wanted to say that that premise is really cool and makes me wanna check out your comic xD
19th Jun 2017, 1:33 AM #4
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, the forums tend to see this happen every so often, something blows up all of a sudden and then people get hurt, sometimes even driven away. Misunderstandings really, really suck. It's a real shame, and I hope you stick around and eventually feel more comfortable here again. I find your posts and drawings really entertaining and it'd be a real shame if you no longer felt welcome here.
19th Jun 2017, 1:38 AM #5
Kyo
family life
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
I dunno, I'd be lying if i didn't say my mod senses didn't tingle when I first saw you posting, but I looked into your post history and came to the conclusion that it's not coming from a hateful place (as we all know, the internet and anti semitism do have an unfortunate affinity for one another), and I like to think we generally err on the side of caution with bigotry, although of course us mods aren't perfect either. People do like to assume the worst I guess.

Also just for the record, holocaust jokes are definitely a thing that's unequivocally banned from the forums
19th Jun 2017, 1:46 AM #6
E-hero Vulven
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
As long as this thread doesn't blow up into something ugly, no reason to lock it up. I will say it reads like a rant/blogpost rather than a discussion. This topic's a minefield for a lot of us I think.
19th Jun 2017, 1:49 AM #7
Bolderousness
Contrarian
Registration date: 27th Jan 2012
I read your most recent posts, and I've come to the conclusion that the "confessions" were overblown.

Honestly, those confessions are nothing to take seriously. I visit that blog frequently because most of the negativity is actually hilarious to me. I'm metaphorically praying for the day I get a confession discussing me. It has to be from an anon, otherwise, it's boring and they should just PM me.

Merged Doublepost:

E-hero Vulven:As long as this thread doesn't blow up into something ugly, no reason to lock it up. I will say it reads like a rant/blogpost rather than a discussion. This topic's a minefield for a lot of us I think.

I view it as public clarification, which is totally fine. Otherwise, it's practically a branch off of the Tumblr blog thread, and I don't mind it so long as every post doesn't devolve into "This shit's fucked up."
19th Jun 2017, 1:52 AM #8
WanderingJew
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Kyo:I dunno, I'd be lying if i didn't say my mod senses didn't tingle when I first saw you posting, but I looked into your post history and came to the conclusion that it's not coming from a hateful place

It's your job, can't blame you. Shit happens and someone's gotta come around and clean it up.

Ah, another mental dybbuk for me. The possible thought that a handful of people are leaning towards trying to kick me off this site is a wonderful, especially considering there seems to be a handful of people going out of their way to downvote my comic without reading it. Of course, that's their choice and their freedom of speech, and I have ratings on for that reason. And if they legitimately believe it's bad, that's their thing and I can't be angry or upset with them.
If their actions are meant with good intention, that's one thing. While I appreciate the effort and intention to be good people, I wish I had that I could implement same the confidence without hurting anyone.

And sorry you had to go through all my bullshit, I'm sorry I post too much, gomen.

What really makes me unhappy is having to write a fucking call out post on myself and put a fucking flag on top of my head saying I'm spiritual and racial scum and that it'd be heresy if I ever dated someone with a religious background or family, Jewish or not. I don't necessarily believe in gods or demons, but I do intensely believe in ill will and ill thought and it's ability to manifest in ways beyond human comprehension.

But I will be avoiding the forums now, or at least keeping my posts strictly to the art threads and only posting images.

Merged Doublepost:

Not trying to avoid replying to everyone else, I just do not feel good enough to interact with you guys or appropriately express my appreciation for your kind thoughts and words.
Edit: Please don't feel obligated to apologize or be nice, I don't want pity, but it's made it's mark and it's here to stay. Have a good day.
19th Jun 2017, 1:55 AM #9
Bolderousness
Contrarian
WanderingJew:But I will be avoiding the forums now, or at least keeping my posts strictly to the art threads and only posting images.

Merged Doublepost:

Not trying to avoid replying to everyone else, I just do not feel good enough to interact with you guys or appropriately express my appreciation for your kind thoughts and words.

Damn. Another one's gone.
19th Jun 2017, 1:57 AM #10
Kyo
family life
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
WanderingJew:But I will be avoiding the forums now, or at least keeping my posts strictly to the art threads and only posting images.

Honestly, I'd ask you that you don't. I'd hate to lose active posters to people spiteful enough to make anonymous comments on a hate blog. Obviously I understand it's not that simple, and you can do what you want, but I just thought I'd say that. Fuck 'em.
19th Jun 2017, 2:06 AM #11
keltyzoid!
Unless something better's on TV!
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
there's some hateful fucking people on this website.

the same anons bitching about people causing drama are driving people off the forums for no good reason, and that's bullshit. like, fuck you. if you hate the people on this website so much, then go to a different fucking website where you can get your cock sucked by like-minded shitheads who inhabit similar echochambers as you.

if anyone should leave the website, it's them. not you. you havent done a single thing wrong whatsoever, and they're the dickheaded pussbags spewing unfounded PC bullshit on an anonymous board. fuck them. they're probably not even Jewish and probably have never met a Jewish person in their lives, they just want them social justice points.

i've blacklisted the blog from my browser because i don't want to see this stupid shit anymore. just fucking post out in the open like the people you're shittalking.

honestly, fuck these forums. i'm tired of this bullshit drama every two months or so.
19th Jun 2017, 2:08 AM #12
Bolderousness
Contrarian
Kyo:Honestly, I'd ask you that you don't. I'd hate to lose active posters to people spiteful enough to make anonymous comments on a hate blog. Obviously I understand it's not that simple, and you can do what you want, but I just thought I'd say that. Fuck 'em.

I agree, but I'm not you psychologically, so maybe there's a disconnect with empathy. However, you know that term, "Fuck the haters?" Yeah. I think it applies to this case. Fuck the haters, dawg. *Smokes weed*
19th Jun 2017, 2:14 AM #13
swamp

Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
Hey! I have started hanging around here recently. i am not Jewish, but have been working on converting for about a year and regularly go to temple, which means I deal with A Lot of anti-semitism of the very scary sort. (Bomb threats and vandalism on local temples, death threats in the Jewish tumblr community from nazi blogs etc).
One of the main things I've learned is there's always somebody lining up to tell you that you aren't Jewish enough or aren't welcome (because you aren't Orthodox, because you're patralinial, because you're a convert, because your parents didn't practice) and a lot of them aren't even Jewish. Even when I pass my Beit Din, I know plenty of people will never see a gay, reform convert as Really Jewish.
I have to admit, when I first saw your posts I was a little nervous because I am really into medieval Jewish history and there's lots of Judaism/Satanism/Devil imagery, but I took a look at your actual posts and where you were coming from and got the impression you were coming from exploring your own identity and heritage, not being antisemetic, and I've enjoyed seeing you around the forums.
(Also, there are plenty of movements showing a growing acceptance for interfaith couples, so even if you chose not to religiously convert, plenty of rabbis would still approve of you marrying a Jewish dude. And obviously it's not my place to say who is and isn't Jewish. I'm still a lot of study away from converting, but lots of Jewish Americans come from lines that lost their culture in the name of safety. Judaism is a complex series of identities that a lot of people have to navigate, but you are still of Abraham and Sarah and part of the tribe of your family, even if you weren't raised around the culture.)
And if you ever wanna theology geek, hit me up!
19th Jun 2017, 2:21 AM #14
harajuku_Smittle_
Greasy grubby grimy thug
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
i've been vry hesitant on posting on the forums lately because of the "troothfule" confessions blog, it's pretty unlikely considering im not that standoutish.
wandering:But I will be avoiding the forums now, or at least keeping my posts strictly to the art threads and only posting images.

wandering my dude, i really really like you, and your comic. like I don't think i was ever think i was taken back by you at all. I don't understand this double think with people on this site,
Fuck anons
eat lead for all i care
19th Jun 2017, 2:42 AM #15
Van Husk I
Official Age Monitor
Registration date: 31st Jul 2014
Well this thing escalated fast. :o I'm sorry for the whole situation, not only the mob against you but to the attacks on other users from earlier days too. One post called the blog a mirror held up to Comicfury and it seems it was fairly accurate. :/

I hope it hasn't/wont completely turn you off to the community and its forums. I truly believe that by and large this community is welcoming and the tumblr shouldn't reflect on the chunk of the users that actually matter. While I haven't read your comic yet, your style and approach is a much needed and refreshing change to usual business around here. Keep doing what you're doing and don't let the haters get you down.
19th Jun 2017, 3:05 AM #16
Morgenstern
Fun-sized
Registration date: 17th Jun 2010
Fuck 'em.

Seriously. You don't owe an apology, explanation or addendum to anybody, least of all to people posting anonymously off-site. I know it's hard not to let this kind of thing get to you, but: these people don't know you. They don't actually care about you or your behavior or what it means or anything. These are just faceless randos with axes to grind, and not so much as the gall to speak their minds directly. They will contort any perceived slight, whether it affects them or not, into some make believe issue they can exaggerate and act smug about. I took half a glance at that blog, and within a handful of posts of people hand wringing about uncertain racism was people complaining about SJWs ruining everything. If people want to cry, let 'em. Don't let it get under your skin.

I'm not great at giving advice, but I felt the need to say something because I've been ran off by passive aggressive bullshit before. I regret not standing my ground when I could have--that shit's not worth losing sleep over. I would prefer not to see all the good folks get ran off by the snakes.
19th Jun 2017, 3:16 AM #17
level
Hard to tilt
Registration date: 18th Nov 2015
I haven't talked much to you on the forums I don't think, but honestly don't let assholes run you off the site cause they're being assholes

Yeah, I know, I repeated every other post on this thread pretty much, and I did read that edit about no obligated kindness from others but you're a really cool person on the forums and though I haven't been around as long as the veterans and such, I've seen really cool people run off by the stupidest drama there is, and it'd be a shame to see another fall into that trend.

19th Jun 2017, 3:21 AM #18
merlinnia
Took one for the team
Registration date: 4th Feb 2017
I'm so sorry you had to go through that WJ :( See you in the art threads and in your comic's comment section at least for now <3
19th Jun 2017, 3:50 AM #19
killersteak
Honey coated lies and slander
Registration date: 25th Apr 2011
You're always welcome in the discord. That's where a lot of forum abandoning users hang out. And majority don't know what the latest drama going on here is, so clean slate.
19th Jun 2017, 4:03 AM #20
Mystic-Snail

Registration date: 3rd Feb 2016
Fuck em. That could have easily have been one salty mother fucker posting the same anonymous comment in hopes to get a reaction. Take a break then hop back into the game, it sucks but it will blow over and comic fury will have a new unfortunate thing to whine about.