Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Have you ever thought about animating your comic?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Have you ever thought about animating your comic?
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

"Have you ever thought about animating your comic?", 12 days ago, 5:53 PM #1
Timelapse11

Registration date: 14th May 2017
I might attempt to animate it, I'm not sure how good it'll be I'm not the best at animating, but I have been trying for a considerable amount of years. In fact, I just made this one: image
The biggest problem for me would be to find people who will voice the characters for free, although I wouldn't be completely against paying them, I just don't really have the money.
IDK. Have any of you ever thought of doing this?

12 days ago, 6:05 PM #2
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
Timelapse11:I might attempt to animate it, I'm not sure how good it'll be I'm not the best at animating, but I have been trying for a considerable amount of years. In fact, I just made this one: Image
The biggest problem for me would be to find people who will voice the characters for free, although I wouldn't be completely against paying them, I just don't really have the money.
IDK. Have any of you ever thought of doing this?

No because Ive tried animating before and it takes a DAMNED long time haha, I would make little short gifs/clips though.
12 days ago, 6:08 PM #3
Darkwes

Registration date: 22nd Nov 2010
Well, I'm planning on making an AMV for my comic sometime in the future, after I figure out how to do animations...
12 days ago, 6:14 PM #4
Caliguican
as if I needed something to go off
Registration date: 24th May 2015
the 6th chapter is actually going to be animated which is why the 4th chapter is hanging and the 5th chapter is a mini-chapter that's not out yet. There's probably going to be no voice acting tho since i hate lipsynching with a burning passion.
12 days ago, 6:16 PM #5
GoodOlFox

Registration date: 28th Dec 2016
You do not know how many times I've contemplating making my series an animated cartoon. It would've been more of an animatic than actual animation, and I've even come up with a few plot points where animation would almost be necessary.

In short: Yes, yes I have.

"No Queso, No Bueno."
12 days ago, 7:05 PM #6
(-)_(.) kadaka!

Registration date: 30th Apr 2017
Darkwes:after I figure out how to do animations...

GIMP - Simple Animations
GIMP - Advanced Animations Tutorial

If you get to 3D animation then there's Blender.
12 days ago, 7:28 PM #7
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Being able to make animations'd be fantastic. Realistically though, I don't have time for that. Animatics maybe though, I've already made one of those.
12 days ago, 7:40 PM #8
Fluffythespider

Registration date: 31st Aug 2014
While I love animation as a medium, and plan on making stories using it in the future, I don't think my comic would translate that well to it. The story's not built for it, and it'd be an effort to rework it, though not impossible. I'd like to see the fight scenes animated, but that's about as far as my enthusiasm goes for now.

Timelapse11:

If you're willing to spend a couple weeks looking, you can find amateur voice actors on youtube with a simple "voice actors request" video. My only warning would be that they'll be younger people (kids-teens)with no experience, meaning they won't be very professional. Maybe have a set of instructions for submitting auditions. That way you can weed out the ones that don't follow the instructions to the letter, because in the long run, these people tend to be impossible to work with.

As long as you choose your VAs wisely, are willing to spend the time coordinating everyone, and don't have a TON of characters, it's more than possible.
12 days ago, 7:52 PM #9
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
Or you could make an audition thread on voice actors anonymous. You'll be more likely to find more reliable people with some experience there. Just be sure to follow the advice in the stickied threads!
12 days ago, 7:53 PM #10
Sovember

Registration date: 23rd Dec 2015
(-)_(.) kadaka!:GIMP - Simple Animations
GIMP - Advanced Animations Tutorial

If you get to 3D animation then there's Blender.

Ahh, good times, making GIMP animations...took me 1 month to make a 4 second clip xP, don't let me scare anyone who wants to animate...I'm just super slow at it
12 days ago, 7:54 PM #11
rd_inks

Registration date: 9th Jun 2017
When pacing my series I've always thought of it as an animated cartoon. But one thing at a time - gotta work on the comic and see how it goes

Instagram and Twitter
12 days ago, 7:55 PM #12
RJDG14

Registration date: 23rd Sep 2014
It looks like you used Flipnote Studio for the DSi. Obviously it's not the best thing to animate with, but it's fun for simple animations.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
12 days ago, 8:10 PM #13
Spinneret
Whoa, who's this person?
Registration date: 21st Jul 2014
I may have considered a motion comic.....

*sleazy eyebrow raise*
*wink wink*

12 days ago, 8:27 PM #14
Zanreo
Lazer Lady
Registration date: 5th May 2014
I sometimes think some scenes would actually look better as animation, and if I had the time I'd probably try it out...
12 days ago, 8:36 PM #15
DaniBoy

Registration date: 25th Mar 2017
I always wanted to turn my comics into animations. I want to go the traditional route, drawing everything by hand but I've never animated before, and don't know where to even start. Lack of time and energy has also made learning an impossible task.

Maybe someday.
12 days ago, 9:16 PM #16
LunaSkye
formerly Luna Silverfawn
Registration date: 13th Aug 2010
I would LOOOOVE to Animate my Comic at some Point in the Future. This is only the First Run and it needs a lot of Improvement and Polishing up, though. I've also heard Animation is very hard and takes extreme patience. I also don't have a good Program for it yet. But I'm very interested in Learning Animation. I think it would Work Well with my Comic.

My Work | Patreon | Facebook | Twitter
12 days ago, 10:43 PM #17
heckos

Registration date: 21st Nov 2014
I've animated some my characters before actually! Not the cast of my comic, but for my animation final in 12th grade we made a sort of pilot episode for them as a class. It looks pretty bad but we learned a lot! Some of those characters will make their way into Frames eventually.

I'd love to do some animation for Frames, but because of how I make pages I'd probably do it as a sort of extra rather than a plot-thing. Though I could do the animation in pencil to keep it in line with the regular parts stylistically, I guess.
12 days ago, 10:48 PM #18
Nyomi
Drum bum
Registration date: 15th Jun 2016
well my solo comic is just a glorified and cleaned up storyboard for a planned animated series basically

so yeah man. its probs gonna happen.
*LGA is currently on hiatus and the banner won't fit alongside my witty commentary.
11 days ago, 12:26 AM #19
Timelapse11

Registration date: 14th May 2017
RJDG14:
It looks like you used Flipnote Studio for the DSi. Obviously it's not the best thing to animate with, but it's fun for simple animations.

I do use that, it's the only animation program I have, it is quite useful, I make the animations in flipnote then put the frames into Sai and draw them that way.

11 days ago, 12:56 AM #20
darthfurby

Registration date: 19th Oct 2012
When I draw something I usually ask myself "would I want to animate this?" If the answer is no then I remove details until the answer is maybe.
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Have you ever thought about animating your comic?
Pages: [1] [2] [3]