You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > I'm gonna be real for a moment here
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [9]

"I'm gonna be real for a moment here", 9 days ago, 8:57 PM #1
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Registration date: 3rd Aug 2014
Stop apologizing for nazis and racists.

Take a hard stance for once and stop making excuses for this shit.

Don't you dare try to justify hate speech to me, you should be ashamed.

That's all.
9 days ago, 9:04 PM #2
monkeyking
did not write shakespeare, but dope webcomics
Registration date: 18th Nov 2016
honestly mood at today's events

10-15 people were intentionally hit by a car at charolettesville --the police did nothing.

one person already died from it-- a well known antifa

and people are trying to be like "Well lets hear the car's side of the story"
9 days ago, 9:33 PM #3
MrTorchy

Registration date: 15th Feb 2016
MistakeNPotatoes:Stop apologizing for nazis and racists.

Take a hard stance for once and stop making excuses for this shit.

Don't you dare try to justify hate speech to me, you should be ashamed.

That's all.

I second this notion
9 days ago, 9:37 PM #4
Bolderousness
Contrarian
Registration date: 27th Jan 2012
Context?
9 days ago, 9:41 PM #5
Product Placement

Registration date: 15th May 2011
Yeah... where the hell is this coming from? This place sure has its moments of drama crises but it sorta lacks that flare of being a refuge for white supremacists nationalists, last time I checked.
9 days ago, 9:49 PM #6
Bolderousness
Contrarian
Product Placement:Yeah... where the hell is this coming from? This place sure has its moments of drama crises but it sorta lacks that flare of being a refuge for white supremacists nationalists, last time I checked.

I did research, and apparently, the entire thread might be related to this incident that occurred in Charlottesville. I think. That could just be me trying to attach a meaning to this thread, especially after monkeyking made reference to it. Other than that, I'm lost. What are we supposed to discuss?
9 days ago, 10:02 PM #7
Product Placement

No, that makes no sense. That report says the car hit a group of white nationalists, waving the confederate flag, protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. Now people on comic fury should be ashamed for justifying hate speech?

Edit: I'm inclined to ask if this is about that place but I usually get a mod warning if I bring it up.
9 days ago, 10:06 PM #8
Bolderousness
Contrarian
Product Placement:No, that makes no sense. That report says the car hit a group of white nationalists, waving the confederate flag, protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. Now people on comic fury should be ashamed for justifying hate speech?

Wait, the car hit a group of white nationalists? That contradicts with how the article I linked stated "One person has died and 19 others were injured when a car rammed a crowd of people opposing a far-right rally in the US state of Virginia."

And, alternatively, this thread could just be a broad venting thread born from the OP's personal life or from something he observed. We really wont know unless clarified otherwise.

Merged Doublepost:

Product Placement:Edit: I'm inclined to ask if this is about that place but I usually get a mod warning if I bring it up.

Keeping it very broad and concise, the current topic of conversation there is irrelevant to hate speech, racism, nazis, etc.
9 days ago, 10:10 PM #9
Product Placement

Bolderousness:opposing

Ah, missed that vital part.

And well, unless OP explains, there's really nothing else to be said other than "we don't get it."

Bolderousness:And, alternatively, this thread could just be a broad venting thread born from the OP's personal life or from something he observed. We really wont know unless clarified otherwise.

Well, then maybe don't start it with "the lot of you should be ashamed" without any context whatsoever.
9 days ago, 10:12 PM #10
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
Alright so apparently we need context for condemning nazis and racists. Cool. This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyway, the car in question plowed into a group of people protesting the KKK/White Nationalist movement, killing one and injuring 19 others.

On the flip side the white nationalists took the the streets with torches (I won't be a better man and leave out the fact that they were literally wal-mart tiki torches) and a militia with assault weaponry and body armor with confederate flags and nazi armbands.

They were flying nazi flags, they were firing off nazi salutes, they chanted "Heil Trump", "One Nation, One People", "You will not replace us", "Blood and soil", etc. etc.

For the longest time when not-insane people called out this behavior as racist, nazi shit, we get called out and told that "calling them nazis is a bit extreme" or "you don't know that they're racist", etc. Well here we fucking are. Take a look. Go ahead and keep apologizing for them and welcome to my block list.
9 days ago, 10:12 PM #11
Product Placement

MistakeNPotatoes:Alright so apparently we need context for condemning nazis and racists. Cool. This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about.

Are you kidding me? Some of us don't live in the States. I happened to not look at the news before before this thread.

And you didn't start with "The shit that happened in Charlottesville is exactly what I've been warning about..." No, you're yelling at random users for supporting Nazis.

And fine, put me on a block list for being confused.
9 days ago, 10:21 PM #12
MistakeNPotatoes
What a guy!
@Product - Why do you think I was talking to you?
9 days ago, 10:23 PM #13
Bolderousness
Contrarian
MistakeNPotatoes:Alright so apparently we need context for condemning nazis and racists. Cool. This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about.

No. We need context to discuss what the Hell this thread is even about, because you're clearly angry about something, so I assume something happened. Otherwise, yeah, racism and nazism is bad. I don't think anyone here will disagree without a ban notice.

MistakeNPotatoes:Anyway, the car in question plowed into a group of people protesting the KKK/White Nationalist movement, killing one and injuring 19 others.

On the flip side the white nationalists took the the streets with torches (I won't be a better man and leave out the fact that they were literally wal-mart tiki torches) and a militia with assault weaponry and body armor with confederate flags and nazi armbands.

They were flying nazi flags, they were firing off nazi salutes, they chanted "Heil Trump", "One Nation, One People", "You will not replace us", "Blood and soil", etc. etc.

For the longest time when not-insane people called out this behavior as racist, nazi shit, we get called out and told that "calling them nazis is a bit extreme" or "you don't know that they're racist", etc. Well here we fucking are. Take a look. Go ahead and keep apologizing for them and welcome to my block list.

I mean, what are the instances that people on CF are apologizing? Is it just something you debated with someone privately? I totally believe people would defend all of... that, (because people are clearly doing it), but I'm just like "Stop the violence." It's clearly causing damage to the town and the people who live there, so no matter what side, that's what I'm seeing more. I'm focusing more on the safety state of the town than "racism is bad" in this case.

Merged Doublepost:

MistakeNPotatoes:@Product - Why do you think I was talking to you?

"Alright so apparently we need context for condemning nazis and racists. Cool. This is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about." The part I bolded sounds broad, and since Product and I were the ones discussing what the context to this was, we can assume that you were referring to us because "this is pretty much exactly what [you were] talking about."

Merged Doublepost:

MistakeNPotatoes:Go ahead and keep apologizing for them and welcome to my block list.

This statement on "keep apologizing" also hints at a circumstance that occurred on CF.
9 days ago, 10:28 PM #14
Product Placement

MistakeNPotatoes:@Product - Why do you think I was talking to you?

Because you're being confusing and overly hostile.

Like I said, you start with what seems a general attack on forum users about how they're apologizing nazism.

When two users come around and ask "what are you talking about?" your general response seems to be directed at the two of us, followed by "Go ahead and keep apologizing for them and welcome to my block list."

If I bump into someone having a bad day who yells at me for it, it doesn't matter if it turns out that he's actually yelling at the entire world, I'm still gonna feel like he's yelling at me.

Edit: And also what Bolderousness said.
9 days ago, 10:32 PM #15
keltyzoid!
Unless something better's on TV!
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
i interpretted the OP as a general statement and not directed specifically at the forum users

why are you offended, by the way?
9 days ago, 10:33 PM #16
MrTorchy

Hmm...this thread is getting strange. I'm just all for nazis being treated as something abnormal. Maybe we can all have a good old fashion American cheer, and talk about how nazis are lame and corn dogs are good.
9 days ago, 10:34 PM #17
Bolderousness
Contrarian
MrTorchy:Hmm...this thread is getting strange. I'm just all for nazis being treated as something abnormal. Maybe we can all have a good old fashion American cheer, and talk about how nazis are lame and corn dogs are good.

Honestly, I agree.

9 days ago, 10:36 PM #18
MrTorchy

Bolderousness:Honestly, I agree.

also, not only are corn dogs fucking great, so are actual dogs.

Furthermore, we should start posting pictures of Captain America punching Hitler.
9 days ago, 10:36 PM #19
Bolderousness
Contrarian
keltyzoid!:i interpretted the OP as a general statement and not directed specifically at the forum users

I think the issue is that it's too broad to even get a clear answer, which is why I opened with "Context?" Product might have assumed it was about CF when the OP had a lot of uses of the word "you" in it in a confrontational tone. "Don't you dare try to justify hate speech to me, you should be ashamed."

Merged Doublepost:

MrTorchy:also, not only are corn dogs fucking great, so are actual dogs.

Furthermore, we should start posting pictures of Captain America punching Hitler.

9 days ago, 10:37 PM #20
Product Placement

keltyzoid!:i interpretted the OP as a general statement and not directed specifically at the forum users

why are you offended, by the way?

I believe Bolderousness breakdown was pretty thorough on why I was confused.

Other than that, no, I'm not offended but rather rustled by what seemed like a threat of being blocked and stuff.
Forum > General discussion > I'm gonna be real for a moment here
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [9]