Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Got any quick and easy recipies?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Got any quick and easy recipies?
Pages: [1] [2]

"Got any quick and easy recipies?", 2nd Sep 2017, 9:48 PM #1
Leafa

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2009
I'm no cook. I can process food in a way which makes it safe for human consumption, but that's about it. But I'm trying to learn!

Have you got any go-to recipies quick and easy that you love to make that you want to share?
Here's one of mine:

Spaghetti Bolognese

Fry some chopped onions over a hob in a pan. I get bags of frozen pre-chopped onion which is really easy and less wasteful as someone who lives alone and is unlikely to eat a whole onion at once.
Shove some mince in there. Fry it until it is browned.
Pour some tinned tomatoes into the pan. You can use tomato soup if you want, but its probably unexpectedly salty/sugary.
Squirt in a little tomato puree (well I squirt mine because it comes in a tube, toothpaste style! Your mileage may vary)
Pour in some beef stock, made with a stock cube and boiling water.
Keep this on the heat until you think the sauce as reduced down to the consistency you want, and you're sure that the mince is well cooled.
(I also always add in some Worchestershire sauce, which for the uninitiated is kind of the "soy sauce" of English cuisine.)

Oh and... cook some spaghetti. That's also required ;D

2nd Sep 2017, 10:02 PM #2
Timelapse11

Registration date: 14th May 2017
Every Tusday in my house is Pasta day, and I always do the cooking on that day, so this is my recipe for my pasta dish

Pasta:Any type of pasta is fine, I just get the dry pasta you can get at your local shop. Two hand fulls of pasta per person.
Creamy tomato sauce: also shop bought, but if you want to make it, blend a bunch of tomatoes with cream (I guess, that's what I do anyway, I don't really measure things, I have a good sense of that kind of stuff)
You could also use PESTO sauce, personally my favorite sauce in the whole world XD
Peas (or sweatcorn or whatever vegetable you like) I use 2 cups of peas for mine
Two bags of crisps (or chips (depending on where you live) Remember to smash them up into tiny little pices, like what you do for the biscuit base of cheesecake
Grated Cheese I suggest chedder or leicester cheese

1) Bring a pot of water to the boil (sorry not sure how much water, again I don't measure it, but you want to make sure all the pasta is covered by the water)
2) Put the pasta in and cook for 11 mins (or however long the packet tells you to cook it)
3) Drain the pasta over the sink and put the pasta back into the pot you used to cook it in
4) On a low heat, add the sauce and peas in and mix (You can add some cheese in here, but not all of it)
5) Dish out the pasta to plates or bowls
6) Put the grated cheese on top of the pasta
7) Put the crisps on top of the cheese

and you've finished! I love this dish, if you have any questions just ask!

My cooking is very experimental, I tend to just throw ingredients in and hope for the best, I do recommend adding olives
to this dish though

EDIT: I should probably add, I make this so it is a vegetarian dish (it's the only vegetarian dish my dad will eat without complaining that there is no meat) but if you wanna add in meat, I suggest chicken strips, that would probably work.

2nd Sep 2017, 10:24 PM #3
JackFractal

Registration date: 4th Aug 2017
If you have a pressure cooker sitting under your sink somewhere unused, try this one out:

Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken

It's incredibly easy, you just put all the ingredients in the pot and turn it on. It ends up being very very tasty. I tear it into strips and put it on sandwiches. It is lovely.
2nd Sep 2017, 10:38 PM #4
Leafa

Timelapse11:Every Tusday in my house is Pasta day, and I always do the cooking on that day, so this is my recipe for my pasta dish

Pasta:Any type of pasta is fine, I just get the dry pasta you can get at your local shop. Two hand fulls of pasta per person.
Creamy tomato sauce: also shop bought, but if you want to make it, blend a bunch of tomatoes with cream (I guess, that's what I do anyway, I don't really measure things, I have a good sense of that kind of stuff)
You could also use PESTO sauce, personally my favorite sauce in the whole world XD
Peas (or sweatcorn or whatever vegetable you like) I use 2 cups of peas for mine
Two bags of crisps (or chips (depending on where you live) Remember to smash them up into tiny little pices, like what you do for the biscuit base of cheesecake
Grated Cheese I suggest chedder or leicester cheese

1) Bring a pot of water to the boil (sorry not sure how much water, again I don't measure it, but you want to make sure all the pasta is covered by the water)
2) Put the pasta in and cook for 11 mins (or however long the packet tells you to cook it)
3) Drain the pasta over the sink and put the pasta back into the pot you used to cook it in
4) On a low heat, add the sauce and peas in and mix (You can add some cheese in here, but not all of it)
5) Dish out the pasta to plates or bowls
6) Put the grated cheese on top of the pasta
7) Put the crisps on top of the cheese

and you've finished! I love this dish, if you have any questions just ask!

My cooking is very experimental, I tend to just throw ingredients in and hope for the best, I do recommend adding olives
to this dish though

EDIT: I should probably add, I make this so it is a vegetarian dish (it's the only vegetarian dish my dad will eat without complaining that there is no meat) but if you wanna add in meat, I suggest chicken strips, that would probably work.

This sounds really tasty and I'm almost certainly going to give it a go. I love Pesto too :D

JackFractal:If you have a pressure cooker sitting under your sink somewhere unused, try this one out:

It's incredibly easy, you just put all the ingredients in the pot and turn it on. It ends up being very very tasty. I tear it into strips and put it on sandwiches. It is lovely.

That sounds sooooo goooooood.

I wouldn't eat half as well as I do without my slow cooker. I like setting it going in the morning and then coming home to it ready-to-eat after work. It makes way more than I can eat in one sitting too, so I freeze leftovers to make my own ready-meals. (I just wish I had a bigger freezer)
2nd Sep 2017, 11:02 PM #5
JackFractal

Yeah, that is the problem with slow cookers, it's so easy to make enormous quantities of food that you run out of places to put it.
2nd Sep 2017, 11:07 PM #6
SunnySideUpSmile
コーン吸います
Registration date: 8th Nov 2016
Pesto Pasta (and co.)

1. Make some boring yellow pasta. Any kind is fine, I'm not sure if it works with the coloured pasta.
2. Put in some pesto. I don't know what works best for you so go with your gut. I normally put in 2 spoonfuls.
3. Mix it all together.
4. Add some chopped tomatoes (raw. If you don't like tomatoes that's fine too)
5. Add some chopped cucumber. (If you don't like tomatoes that's fine too)
6. (Optional) Add some diced almonds. (You don't have to. I just like it that way.)

If I can put in a breakfast, here:

2nd Sep 2017, 11:24 PM #7
ShadowLillium

Registration date: 4th Apr 2014
5 Minute Spaghetti

-2 packets of ramen noodles. heat them up in water in the microwave for 3 minutes. Let them sit till noodles thicken, drain out water.

-1 Jar of Prego traditional tomato sauce(or some other tomato sauce you like) and add as much as you need. I use a 1/4th of the jar.

-Add colby or mozerella cheese.

-stir all together and put in microwave for 1-2 minutes with something covering the bowl

-eat spaghetti

Soda Cake

If you take a box of cake mix, and use a can of soda, you can make a full cake or cake in a coffee mug.

Making full cake
-If dark colored cake/chocolate cake, use a dark soda like coco cola or pepsi
-If light colored cake, use sprite or creme of soda

-Take box and pour mix in a big bowl, then pour in full can of soda.
-Stir until mixed.
-Spray down a pan with cooking butter spray or put light amount of vegetable/olive oil on pan.
-(If no spray on butter or oil, melt regular butter and lightly put enough that it is greases up pan but not covers pan- if no butter at all, cry and make cake anyways, preparing for a sticky pan to wash).
-Follow the directions on box for temperature of oven and time and cook as regular
-eat cake after it cools, or not. I'm not stopping you

Making cake in cup

-take a small amount of cake mix and cover the bottom of the cup at least half an inch or less.
-take soda and fill mix to an inch
-microwave for 1-2 minutes. If it does not rise then settle and harden, keep experimenting, putting in for a minute until it rises then falls and hardens.(results vary, depending on microwave)
-when hardened to edible cake consistency, and have icecream, add a scoop ontop with caramel or chocolate syrup for a lava cake
3rd Sep 2017, 12:15 AM #8
Respheal
⚡ Bzz ⚡
Registration date: 4th Jun 2016
Beef Nacho Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
12 oz. chunky salsa
1 c. sweet corn, thawed, drained
¾ c. miracle whip (not mayo seriously save that stuff for sammiches)
1 T. chili powder
2 c. crushed tortilla chips
2 c. colby jack, divided

Heat oven to 350°
Brown meat, drain. Stir in salsa, corn, dressing, and chili powder
Layer ½ meat mixture, chips, and cheese in 2qt. casserole. Repeat layers.
Bake 20 min or until thoroughly heated
Top with lettuce and tomato if you want.

Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cans red kidney beans
2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cans corn, drained
½ c. beef broth
2 small cans tomato sauce
2 pkg taco seasoning
salt, to taste
chips
sour cream
grated cheese

Brown hamburger and onion
Mix remaining ingredients in crock pot or kettle, heat through
Serve with tortilla chips or fritos + sour cream and cheese

Notes:
Extra taco seasoning if on hand

This is good too: Chicken Curry in a Hurry
3rd Sep 2017, 12:39 AM #9
Zanreo
Lazer Lady
Registration date: 5th May 2014
Lemon-honey-soy sauce apples

You need:
- Apples
- Honey
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- Sugar
- Oil

Peel the apples and cut them into pieces
Cover with sugar, then fry in a pan, and add honey, lemon juice and soy sauce, how much of each depends on your taste
After a few minutes it's done
3rd Sep 2017, 12:48 AM #10
JackFractal

Soy sauce apples? That sounds... interesting! What do they taste like?
3rd Sep 2017, 2:11 AM #11
Ambrose_Folly

Registration date: 12th Dec 2015
Unfortunately I took "foods" and "advanced foods" classes in high school, so my cooking isn't really quick and easy when I'm not so lazy to be fine with a microwave meal. I make a mean apple pie & tater salad when I'm motivated enough.

If you combine an egg, a cup of seasoned breadcrumbs and a pound of hamburger you get a good base for meatloaf, burgers or meatballs.
3rd Sep 2017, 3:38 PM #12
Leafa

JackFractal:If you have a pressure cooker sitting under your sink somewhere unused, try this one out:

I just realised - pressure cooker and a slow cooker are two entirely different things.

D'oh!

I'm sure it would work with either though. But one will take a lot, lot longer!
3rd Sep 2017, 7:01 PM #13
Simzi

Registration date: 28th Aug 2015
This thread is making me wanna cook something but I can't because I'm not home :'(

Jokes aside though, this is a great idea. Whenever I feel like cooking I'll usually go with something quick that uses ingredients I already have, which brings me to two of my most frequent recipes:

Repurposed instant ramen

You'll need:

1 pack instant Ramen, broken up
1 large onion
1 carrot
1 red bell pepper
jalapeño pepper (to taste- I use a small one or half a larger one, seeded)
1 egg, beaten

For seasoning:

Soy sauce
Juice from 1/2 a small lemon
Date syrup (or honey)
Garlic powder
Ginger powder
Cumin (just a hint- it can be a little overpowering)

Preparation:

1) Dice vegetablrs and fry them up until soft.
2) While they're cooking, boil water and prepare noodles as specified.
3) Add in the egg once the vegetables are cooked, mixing it in so that there are a bunch of little scrambled egg bits throughout.
4) Add in the cooked noodles (drained) and season to taste*. Mix it around until everything's seasoned and excess liquid is reduced.

* I'll usually put in some soy sauce while the veggies are cooking and then add more when the noodles go in , but it doesn't really matter.

This is actually just my favorite variation of this dish- I'll change the veggies and spices depending on what's on hand. Sometimes I'll also add meat if there's some leftover...

Poor man's pizza

You'll need:

Pita bread (1 regular or 2 pocket pitas)
Tomato paste (I use a small container, but I think it's around 3 heaping tablespoons or 100ml)
Grated cheese (either mozzarella or cheddar)
Salt & pepper
Garlic powder
Oregano
Basil
Hint of Tabasco (optional)

1) Preheat oven to 180°c
2) Add equal parts tomato paste and water in a bowl, and mix with spices until even.
3) Open up the pita, so you get 2 thin discs.
4) Spread sauce on pita and then add cheese on top.
Optional- add whatever you have in the fridge as a topping for your "pizza".
5) bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melting and slightly golden-brown.
3rd Sep 2017, 9:51 PM #14
audeshattuck

Registration date: 3rd Sep 2017
Dude... Enchilada casserole.
- 9" x 13" pan, greased.
- 2 cans of refried beans
- tortilla chips, or Doritos
- salsa, or tomatoes with chilies.
- large can of enchilada sauce (red or green, your choice.)
- Cheese
- taco seasoning (I just blend chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into a container equally)

Heat oven to 400-415 degrees F. It doesn't matter. Everything is cooked, this is about warming it through and melting cheese.

Crush a layer of chips into the bottom of the pan, you'll want it about a half inch deep. Layer in refried beans- chunk it out in the pan evenly. Then, squish down. Throw on taco seasoning. Make another layer of salsa, or the canned tomatoes. Lastly, dump on can of enchilada sauce and cheese. As much cheese as you can reasonably conceive. I've used cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan- go wild.

Cook 20-25 mins. Less if the cheese is golden and sauce is bubbly.
3rd Sep 2017, 11:01 PM #15
LukaszZ
ComicFury Grandpa
Registration date: 16th Dec 2008
Frozen things:
1. Buy <frozen dinner> at a super market. (read instructions: I've been burned in the past as I don't have a microwave)
2. Get home.
3. Read instruction on packaging carefully.
4. Follow instructions on packaging.
----
OG Pancakes (before baking powder was a thing):
(This is a well known "recipe" from eastern Europe. This is the basic version, you can add/subtract/replace all you want. There is no "real" recipe as it existed for centuries)

Need: eggs, milk, flour, butter, sugar, (salt optional)

1. Get a mixing bowl; empty 3-7 eggs depending on how hungry you are. Mix well. (add salt in this step if you want)
2. Add some flour and milk. Mix until it's not really liquidy, but not chunky.
3. Add more flour and milk. Mix as needed. There really isn't a formula to this. Less F&M = more eggy taste.
4. Preheat pan, drop just enough butter to cover the bottom.
5. Pour about 1/4" in thickness on a low-medium heat. This will take a while. The point is that you don't burn the bottom.
6. Flip once the top is no longer liquidy. Proceed to heat the other half. This should only take few minutes.
Don't worry about peeking, flip when you see brownish color on the bottom, but make sure top is not liquid. This isn't the American pancake and WILL break in half if you do it early.
7. Just drop it onto a plate. It'll be rather dry, but due to being eggier and less fluffy, syrups don't work particularly well. So just cover it with sugar as you like. Not too much, though.

I tend to use: 4-5 eggs; a bit over 1 cup of flour, no more than 3/4 cup milk. And then about a teaspoon of sugar per pancake.

Edit: Just wanna point out that if you use oil as opposed to butter, pour the batter only enough to coat the bottom, and add the salt early on, you can make crepes with this recipe. There really is no difference between them.
3rd Sep 2017, 11:15 PM #16
JuicyGrey
✖✖✖
Registration date: 25th Jul 2015
Pyttipanna. In most basic form you just need minced potatoes and sausage. Fry them on a pan, until they are good...
3rd Sep 2017, 11:21 PM #17
Steven-Vincent

Registration date: 28th Apr 2015
Ciambotta - Italian zucchini stew

You will need:
1 large onion
1 large potato
2 medium to large zucchini
1 red bell pepper
Olive Oil
3 small cans Hunts tomato sauce

Cut up the onions, potatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini and fry in a large frying pan until all veggies are cooked/tender. The way I do it is, start with the potatoes. Cut lengthwise in quarters, then slice into thin (1/4 inch or so) slices. Add them and olive oil (enough to coat the bottom liberally) to frying pan and start cooking on medium. While they are cooking, cut up the pepper. Dicing is fine. Add that to the pan. Then comes the onion. Slice in half vertically, then cut into small strips and separate the leaves. Once you have them all separated out add them in. By now the potatoes and peppers have cooked for a while. Finally it is Zucchini time. As with the potato, cut in half lengthwise then cut each half again (into quarters), and then make 1/4 inch or so slices. Once that is done, add them. By now the potatoes have been cooking probably 15-20 minutes, give of take. Let the whole thing cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini turn transparent. This takes about 20 minutes or so. While that is going on, add your 3 cans of tomato sauce and 1/2 can of water to a large pot and heat over medium, stirring occasionally. Once the veggies are all cooked, add the whole thing to the tomato sauce in the big pot. Cook over medium-low for another 15 or 20 minutes.

Serve with Italian bread (for dipping!). Or serve over rice if you want (NOT something my Italian grandmother ever would have done but I like it that way too).
4th Sep 2017, 1:37 AM #18
defo18

Registration date: 18th Aug 2012
African Stew

1. Tomatos or tomato paste

2. Any mixture of veggies( maybe corn or okra and green peppers and carrots really any combination to work)

3. Bake some chicken or beef.

4. Put the mixture of vegetables and tomatoes or tomato paste and boil them together in a pot.

5. Fill up another pot with any portion of rice that is comfortable and boil it till it become soft.

6. Apply the rice over a plate then the mixture of vegetables and finally cut up pieces of chicken or whatever me you chose and Voila!
4th Sep 2017, 1:57 AM #19
Graybee

Registration date: 27th Aug 2017
yellow squash

buy a yellow squash and pasta sauce, maybe some carrots and onion to taste

heat stove with oil and throw in sliced squash and other vegatables

throw in pasta sauce last

maybe cheese

consume
4th Sep 2017, 2:07 AM #20
defo18

Registration date: 18th Aug 2012
Defo's Crazy EGGS!!

1.Buy some eggs, cheese, bacon bits, seasoning, Tiger seasoning.

2. Crack em open and throw into pan.Scramble them things, and when I say scramble...SCRAMBLE!

3.Throw as much shredded cheese and bacon bits in their as you want.

4.Season to perfection!

5.Eat.