Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Favicon troubles

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Pages: [1]

"Favicon troubles", 7th Sep 2017, 7:41 AM #1
Crimson-Catalyst

Registration date: 2nd Sep 2014
My favicon works as normal on the main page of my comic. It also works fine on the "extra pages" i have, such as my about, archive, and so on.

However, when loading a comic page from the archive - with a url such as http://lamejokesrus.webcomic.ws/comics/9 - the favicon disappears. I'm not really sure why this is happening, nor do i have any idea how to fix it. I'm not familiar enough with the modular format of the code here.

any advice would be appreciated!
13th Sep 2017, 8:12 PM #2
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
The reason is that your favicon is referenced by a relative link that's relative to the current directory "./files/favicon.ico", so change it to remove the "." in order for it to be relative to the main directory instead like this "/files/favicon.ico".

In other words, by inserting that ".", it's saying find the file tree in the current directory, and on the main page it parses the .ico URL at "domain.com/files/favicon.ico" and then on the comic page it parses it at "domain.com/comics/files/favicon.ico".

You might notice you're having trouble with your custom javascript because you've referenced it with the same relative URL scheme.
Pages: [1]