Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - i might as well do a comic strip about bugs

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > i might as well do a comic strip about bugs
Pages: [1]

"i might as well do a comic strip about bugs", Two weeks ago, 6:17 PM #1
ewolf20

Registration date: 8th Feb 2014
before i do my actual webcomic, mynara, i'm going to be doing a comic strip called "The good, the bad, and the ugly world of bugs". it centers around the various lives of bugs doing bug things, with some artistic license. this might be long before i jump ship for my next big project but i hope i won't disappoint.

but before i do that: what strip ideas would y'all suggest?

note: this is aimed for people 11-14+ so no lewd stuff which is a shame since i wanna talk about the mating behaviors of bugs.
13 days ago, 9:57 AM #2
KAM

Registration date: 24th Sep 2013
There's probably some good ideas in the way some bugs disguise themselves.
13 days ago, 10:18 AM #3
Red Jack

Registration date: 1st Mar 2017
ewolf20:before i do my actual webcomic, mynara, i'm going to be doing a comic strip called "The good, the bad, and the ugly world of bugs". it centers around the various lives of bugs doing bug things, with some artistic license. this might be long before i jump ship for my next big project but i hope i won't disappoint.

note: this is aimed for people 11-14+ so no lewd stuff which is a shame since i wanna talk about the mating behaviors of bugs.

Insects are amazing. You can be entertaining and educational at the same time with this kinda comic. Sounds like a fun ambitious plot.
13 days ago, 1:28 PM #4
hykez87

Registration date: 12th Apr 2015
How about how annoying it is for male butterflies to be stereotyped as female given that they're much more brightly colored than females?
13 days ago, 3:51 PM #5
Vexa Grimwoe

Registration date: 25th Sep 2017
ewolf20:before i do my actual webcomic, mynara, i'm going to be doing a comic strip called "The good, the bad, and the ugly world of bugs". it centers around the various lives of bugs doing bug things, with some artistic license. this might be long before i jump ship for my next big project but i hope i won't disappoint.

Something about pheromones would suffice. Imagine a funny comic where it's kind of a documentary with some comedic stuff thrown in and then you could probably brainstorm some ideas about how to make pheromones appropriate. Maybe the female wanders by the male and the male instantly gets attracted and follows the female until she passes by another male and another. The narrator could say something clever or witty.
13 days ago, 6:24 PM #6
ewolf20

or some female bugs go to a fragrance shop.
13 days ago, 6:52 PM #7
loyaldog
Man's best acquaintance
Registration date: 14th Feb 2017
I don't know if you want to get too creepy here, but you could do something with parasites. There's a type of parasitic wasp that will inject her eggs into a host caterpillar. Most of the larvae will eat their way out of its skin, but one or two will stay behind and take over the caterpillar's brain in order to force it to spin a cocoon around the rest of the larvae and protect them from predators.

There's also... oh, you said ages 11-14?

I'll see myself out. Good luck!
13 days ago, 7:06 PM #8
ewolf20

i plan making for older audiences though. but i could make a awesome alien parody of it.
9 days ago, 10:33 PM #9
ewolf20

bad news everyone: my computer is not turning on anymore and has to be repaired...again. so, i can't get around to doing it. good news, however, it will most likely come back on sunday. in other news, after this, i might do a comic about a half naked boy in roller blades killing mutants in a post Apocalypse earth.
9 days ago, 10:38 PM #10
FennFeathers

Registration date: 12 days ago
The assassin bug is absolutely gross and evil and nobody would ever like an assassin bug. There's a story about them somewhere, I'm sure!

I really love tabletop roleplaying games. Interested in playing with me? send me a message!
8 days ago, 12:09 AM #11
Red Jack

Registration date: 1st Mar 2017
ewolf20:bad news everyone: my computer is not turning on anymore and has to be repaired...again. so, i can't get around to doing it. good news, however, it will most likely come back on sunday. in other news, after this, i might do a comic about a half naked boy in roller blades killing mutants in a post Apocalypse earth.

Half naked from the waist up I hope. I don't think the idea of a guys winky flapping around as he roller blades at blinding speeds is too appealing.
8 days ago, 12:28 AM #12
ewolf20

he wears a jacket and shorts.
8 days ago, 3:14 AM #13
Lee M

Registration date: 19th Aug 2013
ewolf20:note: this is aimed for people 11-14+ so no lewd stuff which is a shame since i wanna talk about the mating behaviors of bugs.

Nightshade the Merry Widow already has the lewd stuff sewn up...

Nightshade the Merry Widow (NSFW, nudity/sex) | Nightshade reruns on Tumblr
Created by Ed Kline and Kishma Danielle, co-writer Lee M, assistance Bob Partridge
Storm Over Whoomera (NSFW, nudity): Created by Ed Kline, co-writer Lee M
6 days ago, 11:00 PM #14
ewolf20

I got some good news and bad news. The good news is, since this happened before, it will most likely come back within 2 weeks. The bad news is that it will take awhile and since it has many documents that are precious to me, it's mostly a lost.

If you're wondering what the neck I'm talking about, this is about my computer that recently broke. By my calculations, this will come back on October 30th.
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > i might as well do a comic strip about bugs
Pages: [1]