Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Ad Feedback

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Critique > Ad Feedback
Pages: [1]

"Ad Feedback", 9 days ago, 5:05 AM #1
Amphurious01

Registration date: 13th Oct 2015
Made a 160x600 ad for my webcomic.

How does it look? Is it sufficiently interesting or eye-catching? Would you click on it if you came across it? Feedback would be much appreciated.
9 days ago, 6:10 AM #2
The Letter M

Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Well, it's not Ben in sexy lingirie...but it gets the point across

9 days ago, 6:48 AM #3
E-hero Vulven
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Registration date: 17th Mar 2012
The snake is covering too much of the character's bodies. We can't see them enough and they're supposed to be the ad's focal point.
9 days ago, 1:50 PM #4
ilayas

Registration date: 27th Jun 2013
It's not a terrible ad but I don't find it particularly compelling.

My main problem with this ad is you could crop out the bottom 2/3 and loose absolutely nothing of value. The snake's head seems weirdly small for how big it's body is. I don't know what's going on with the girl's arm but it looks uncomfortable. The font for "A scifi Dramedy webcomic about monster tamers" is a bit hard to read.

That red thing at the bottom is the same color as the chick's shoes which is confusing. The bottom 2/3's is very busy but doesn't have enough contrast so there is nothing to draw the eye. The red thing kind of just blends into the background because it's not significantly lighter or darker than what is around it.

Glancing at this ad what I'm getting is: snake, tits oh and there's some dude there also. It seems like tits are the most important out of all 3 of those things, because that's the highest contrast part of this ad and were your eye is drawn to.

Honestly I would not click on it. Ads that make tits the most important thing tend to be a turn off. There's not enough other things going on to overcome that for me. I find the banner in your signature to be far more compelling. It hints at some interesting creature designs, it uses all the space and all the characters seem equally important.
9 days ago, 2:10 PM #5
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I like it. It is eye catching, fun and tasteful. I am definitely tempted to click on it.

8 days ago, 5:50 AM #6
DrewSpence

Registration date: 25th Apr 2017
I think, if you the Battle and Kreatures on two different lines, the words could be larger.
Even if I don't click on the banner the first time I see it, it might lead to a future-click if I keep seeing banners all over the place.

At first, I was fine with it, but reading the comments, I did have all the experiences noted.

1) I never saw the snakes head until I went back and looked for it.
2) My eyes never went below the middle coils too see the red guy on the bottom.
3) I'd click on the banner before ever worrying about what the domain actually spelled out.
4) Might be me, but I misread Sci-Fi a few times.

Overall, I think it reads okay up close, but small on a page, at least on my monitor, it could probably use being a little less busy and larger text.
8 days ago, 10:55 AM #7
Thorsby

Registration date: 14th Nov 2013
On the small text the As look like Rs.
Forum > Critique > Ad Feedback
Pages: [1]